azgoodaz

rebind
Input/Controls Suggestions & Improvements Thread

207 posts in this topic

A UI suggestion for the controls -

Off the bat after launching the game and heading to the controls menu. Each control like on-ground and vehicle needs their own tabs like in Battlefield because they have so many key binds. This also makes it where multiple keybinds can be used and not cancel each other out.

For example, having 'jump keybinded space' but then 'hand-brake keybinded to space' as well but for the vehicle does not work at the same time.

1 hour ago, SantaSteve said:

5 = Grenades or weapon 5 but it cant be rebound

Wanted so badly to rebind it to G D:

Yessss we need some grenade options for keybinds. So hard to pull them out especially since scroll wheel is opposite directions.

9 hours ago, Interrogate said:

Yessss we need some grenade options for keybinds. So hard to pull them out especially since scroll wheel is opposite directions.

The more keybinding options the better!

I have to say, I am loving the game so far, but please can we have a sprint toggle.  I only have little hands due to being a girl and my little pinky finger hurts after holding down the shift key for periods of time.

Also I'd like to rebind my keys again for my little hands :)

Other than that, what a great start to a great game.

Yep sprint toggle found, strange place to have it as =, it would be good if you could either hold down shift to sprint or toggle shift, plus I managed to get rebinding to work, so my fingers are happy. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, GamesN1nja said:

I have to say, I am loving the game so far, but please can we have a sprint toggle.  I only have little hands due to being a girl and my little pinky finger hurts after holding down the shift key for periods of time.

Also I'd like to rebind my keys again for my little hands :)

Other than that, what a great start to a great game.

= is toggle autorun. You're welcome. Look at keybinds next time. 

Yeh I realised after, it was strange seeing sprint toggle as = thats why I missed it when I was looking through the keybinds.  

I prefer hold to aim down sight. I would prefer if the 3rd person aim down sight was click once or even a separate key, but a swap would suffice.

Posted (edited)

Maybe you will be able to do it in release like in GTA5 but its just for the scope

Edited by Arash_Kotk (アラシュ)

Posted (edited)

i assume we will be able to rebind mswheelup & mswheeldown by early access? really frustrating that its not implemented

Edited by Cashis

Hi there. Im a big fan of my custom controls in every game. Ive never been a big default control scheme guy and one thing thats a let down to me, and it was in heezy as well, is the lack of the menu allowing me to bind my mwheel to specific things that arent next weapon. I never want my Mwheel to get my the crowbar or the nades in any case and prefer to bind it to specific weapon slots instead. For example Mwheel up= primary 1 mwheel down Primary 2. In heezy i took care of this by editing the txt config but as of today i cannot do this in PUBG.  Anyone else frustrated by being able to bind everything except the wheel? 

I'm going to make this post again- Please let us unbind the mouse wheel.

Whether accidentally touching it or having a screwed up mouse that randomly triggers the mouse wheel, it really needs to be a feature to unbind changing weapons to those keys without screwing with .ini files. It seems like it should be a simple change, was really hoping to see it in this update.

On other notes, really impressed with the updates over this last week.

9 hours ago, migiT said:

I'm going to make this post again- Please let us unbind the mouse wheel.

Whether accidentally touching it or having a screwed up mouse that randomly triggers the mouse wheel, it really needs to be a feature to unbind changing weapons to those keys without screwing with .ini files. It seems like it should be a simple change, was really hoping to see it in this update.

On other notes, really impressed with the updates over this last week.

Have to agree here, the mouse wheel weapon switch is very clunky, almost -- delayed, making it damn near impossible to select the weapon you want on the fly.  Using this feature nearly always resulted in the incorrect weapon selection for me, so... I went to change the keymap to correct this for my play style... and could not do so because there is no option to do so.  I would suggest either allowing players to rebind mouse wheel options, or fix the clunky mouse-wheel weapon switch feature.

[I'm using a Logitech G502 gaming mouse.]  

Posted (edited)

I never really accidently scroll my mouse wheel, but I can get behind unbinding mwheel,
On other games there's usually;
Previous Weapon: Scroll down
Next Weapon: Scroll up
It'd be nice to see this so we can unbind and do accordingly for those who don't like wheels.

Edited by Crowii

Posted (edited)

Most mouse software in these days allow you to disable mousebuttons. Just make a profile for battlegrounds and disable the mousewheel along with it. Works for me while they figure out a way.

Edited by Tykjen

3 hours ago, Tykjen said:

Most mouse software in these days allow you to disable mousebuttons

That's a good bandaid but it shouldn't be necessary to force players to do that.

i wanna change the scroll wheel to adjust zeroing in scopes.  so much easier imo

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, migiT said:

That's a good bandaid but it shouldn't be necessary to force players to do that.

Of course. Its just a nice way of working around the issue. And I end up doing it in many games.

10 minutes ago, SiN said:

i wanna change the scroll wheel to adjust zeroing in scopes.  so much easier imo

You can re-assign mousewheel down and up into keyboard presses via your mousesoftware Im sure. I do this too for plenty of games.

Edited by Tykjen

13 minutes ago, Tykjen said:

Of course. Its just a nice way of working around the issue. And I end up doing it in many games.

You can re-assign mousewheel down and up into keyboard presses via your mousesoftware Im sure. I do this too for plenty of games.

i know that.  i just hate having 1000 different profiles for different settings.  i think it more of "ease of use" than a necessity.  i dunno, i'm happy either way =) 

Posted (edited)

Hi, played the beta for 1 day and this is my 1st piece of feedback.

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to binding keys and I try to make the most efficient configuration. One thing that I think could be improved and taken from the battlefield series is the option of a single key for toggle to crouch or hold to prone. It would free up a valuable key. Coming from CSGO where you need 1 key for crouch and 1 key for walk, keys needed for crouch/prone/walk/sprint/lean etc is a bit too much IMO.

Also the option to bind one function to scroll up and one to scroll down. I'd like to put the 2 primaries on the thumb buttons, pistol scroll up, nade scroll down. Cycling through weapons on the scroll wheel is super clunky and I've never been a fan.

Enjoying the game a lot but it feels super clunky coming from a refined competitive shooter. I hope eventually the general feel of controls/gunplay/movement will be further improved. Peace

Edited by WondeR

I personally would rather have one button for prone, one for crouch, and one for stand up. Sometimes when you need to run from a crouch or prone position, having to double tap crouch or press it once can lead to you being in the wrong stance, combined with the fact that there's no stance indicator in first person, and you can't just press shift to stand up right away and run.

Like in battlefield it wouldn't have to be one or the other. You can choose to bind separate keys or 1 combined.