azgoodaz

rebind
Input/Controls Suggestions & Improvements Thread

206 posts in this topic

I prefer having up and down assigned to primary and secondary weapons, we all know we can use mouse software to change buttons, it would be nice to be able to have the option available.

Game setting to made right click HOLD is ads and right click PRESS is zoom/3rd person aim

A lot of new players can't even figure out how to aim down sight because they are not used to toggle ADS, so they just 3rd person zoom when they hold their right mouse.

7 people like this

Fair choice. Should be allowed if you want it. My advice would be to learn the way it is now and try to get comfy with it as is. 

"A lot of new players" I doubt you did a survey. anyone whose played fps knows ads can be toggle or hold. 

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, azza_001 said:

Fair choice. Should be allowed if you want it. My advice would be to learn the way it is now and try to get comfy with it as is. 

"A lot of new players" I doubt you did a survey. anyone whose played fps knows ads can be toggle or hold. 

I say a lot of new players because I have seen the question asked plenty of times in streamers chat, or donation message. Also some people can't stand toggle ADS for whatever reason. I believe it is all preference and I personally use toggle ADS in my shooters.

Edited by JayAre

As an ease of personal play. Yes have it, but as a "people don't know" I say too bad figure it out.

good for quick reaction shooting for sure. 

I do like the seamless hold to aim and toggle to aim, normally I don't do weird stuff and get the wrong result. It would be nice to enable a forced manual mode though.

I would also love for the "HOLD" option, instead of forcing players to "TOGGLE".. But again, if you "HOLD" to ADS, what will happen to 3rd-person-aim ?

2 hours ago, CassidyWuo said:

I would also love for the "HOLD" option, instead of forcing players to "TOGGLE".. But again, if you "HOLD" to ADS, what will happen to 3rd-person-aim ?

Obviously the toggle would just reverse the functionality of the RMB. One click to 3rd person aim, hold for ADS. Simple.

And +1, this is a simple preference matter so the toggle should be there.

I agree; this threw me off a bit. I'm semi used to it now, but I'd like to at least have the option to choose as I can see pros and cons to both.

On 3/18/2017 at 7:22 PM, SiN said:

i know that.  i just hate having 1000 different profiles for different settings.  i think it more of "ease of use" than a necessity.  i dunno, i'm happy either way =) 

Some years ago having profiles for games was something we didnt have. Now I can customize it to have it better than what devs options can give us. I cant hate on that option ^

And I cant expect every game to cater to my mouse setting needs. If I can work around it, Ill work around it. Its the PC way :)

Hello there.

I want to be able to have multiple keys do the same thing. As an example: y and z go prone.

Cheers,
SoWe

This could come in handy for several actions.  Not sure how hard it is from a programming perspective, but I would second the ability to be able to bind the keys in that fashion as long as it alerted you to multiple overlapping bindings (i.e. by making them red or something).

20 hours ago, SoWeMeetAgain said:

Hello there.

I want to be able to have multiple keys do the same thing. As an example: y and z go prone.

Cheers,
SoWe

Why though? I don't see why they couldn't implement this, but I don't see why you'd need it. (Not saying you're wrong, just curious as to what you would use it for) 

Sometimes I want to do multiple things at once. I can for example mash Y and X on my keyboard at the same time with one finger, but I would need two fingers for Y and T.

As a second thing, I am using multiple languages on my computer. Alt+Shift changes input language. Which swaps around Y and Z and for example " ä " becomes " ' " and so on.

3 hours ago, Killer1021a said:

Why though? I don't see why they couldn't implement this, but I don't see why you'd need it. (Not saying you're wrong, just curious as to what you would use it for) 

I can think of one example.  I bound one of my mouse buttons to use meds, but it then removes the key for meds.  So instead of 7,8, and 9 being the med keys, it is now 7, side mouse button , and 9.  I would prefer it be 7, 8/side mouse button, and 9.  It would just be useful to have some keys serve a dual purpose.

Posted (edited)

I just wanted to notice that all good (and old) games have two columns - primary and alternative hotkeys.

rimworld1393win 2017-03-29 00-14-51.jpg

Edited by Angelic

20 hours ago, SoWeMeetAgain said:

Sometimes I want to do multiple things at once. I can for example mash Y and X on my keyboard at the same time with one finger, but I would need two fingers for Y and T.

As a second thing, I am using multiple languages on my computer. Alt+Shift changes input language. Which swaps around Y and Z and for example " ä " becomes " ' " and so on.

Ahh I see, I was wondering how you can hit Y and X with one finger, but having separate language input totally makes sense. 

17 hours ago, 1S1KSolo said:

I can think of one example.  I bound one of my mouse buttons to use meds, but it then removes the key for meds.  So instead of 7,8, and 9 being the med keys, it is now 7, side mouse button , and 9.  I would prefer it be 7, 8/side mouse button, and 9.  It would just be useful to have some keys serve a dual purpose.

Good thoughts, Having Meds on my side buttons would be really nice. 

+1 for alternate keybinds!

Posted (edited)

The way you aim down site by double clicking is very clunky and has gotten me killed many times... Having to double click to ADS instead of hipfire is very annoying when you only have 1-split second to respond and when you double click it can mess up and unscope and stuff overall it's just really buggy and gets you killed when you're trying to shoot far but instead aim from hip to fire because you have to triple click to get it to toggle.

Cant you just make a button like B changes your firing mode so you can aim down site more easily? I keep dying because I aim from hip when I'm trying to aim down site......

Just died to someone facing away from me from far away I had the shot on him but when I went to ADS it started bugging out and wouldn't ADS and instead aim from hip and he turns around and kills me because I kept shooting from my hip...

Using a smg to shoot from hip makes more sense... when you use assault rifle it's annoying shooting from hip especially from far. Please let us toggle the ADS so we don't have to double click or triple click for it to toggle ADS.

Also the FOV on first person is a bit low...

Edited by Kim Rabenstein

The triple click to toggle ADS is really stupid. Why can't we just have a button that does that?

For some reason for me, in the heat of the moment, no matter how many times I double clicked it wouldn't ADS just aim from hip... super annoying and should not be this way.

Posted (edited)

When you're trying to aim at someone running and trying to hide behind a building, you literally only have like 1 millisecond to aim at them or they get away or shoot you, even a double click is too long for that. Literally having to click twice to aim will fuck you up.

I'd rather be able to aim from hip at my will, then with 1 button, change into ADS instead of having to double click or even triple click to get it to toggle next time I aim again, that's takes like a whole 5 seconds to setup, either you are always ADS cuz you triple clicked, or you have to double click to ADS or else aim from hip and if you mess up your double click you won't ADS and you're fucked again.

Make it so you can aim from hip, then press H or something, and then because to turn into ADS.

Edited by Kim Rabenstein

Posted (edited)

You are just doing it wrong.

Click once to ADS.
Hold to zoom in 3rd person.

Note: You can edit your last post for a while. This saves you from posting multiple times.

Edited by blackdude0

Posted (edited)

I don't get what you mean... when I right click once and hold, I aim from hip, just moves forward on the 3rd person and zooms (this is called aim from hip), when you double right click and hold is when you ADS (look down your scope/site in first person view)... When you triple right click it disables aim from hip so you always ADS when you just right click once to aim, but you have to triple click each time to toggle the mode... really stupid.

I just wanna press a key to change from ADS mode and aim from hip mode.

Whatever way there is doesn't work for me and just fucks me up.

Edited by Kim Rabenstein

Posted (edited)

Wenn du in dritter Person Ansicht bist, klick die rechte Maustaste EIN mal. Einfach nur einmal klicken dann Finger weg. Dann Zoomst du direkt aus der dritten Person in dein Visir in der ersten Person.
Wenn du in der dritten Person Ansicht bist, und du die rechte Maustaste klickst und festhält, dann zoomst du nur in dritter Person.

Das wird dein Problem sein.

Edited by blackdude0

Oh I see, so there's no way to hold ADS? You can only toggle ADS by a single right click? Ah.

OK, well, maybe make it so you can toggle holding ADS? I personally like holding right click when I'm ADS, I don't know why it has to aim from hip instead when I hold it down.