azgoodaz

rebind
Input/Controls Suggestions & Improvements Thread

207 posts in this topic

People have suggested something like this, in order to change it to their preference. Maybe they will implement a setting for that.
We will have to wait and see. Getting the game to run satable and on lower end PCs might have higher priority.

Please keep in mind I'm new to PC gaming so not all the mechanics make sense to me.

We have an auto sprint option that can be assigned a button, why don't we have an auto walk function? I feel like this would great if your trying to be quiet while moving. Or, why not get rid of walking (outside of the normal w, s, a, d controls) and just have crouch as the means to moving quiet and slow? I don't feel like crouch movements are any quieter the regular walking movements, and having to press an extra key to walk quietly just adds more complexity to the game.

Thoughts?

1 person likes this

I agree. At the very least, add a keybind option for walk toggle as an alternative to holding the key for walk.

I can't see a big reason to be against it; but if I am not running then I'm close to a structure/someone and there wouldn't be a use for autowalk at that point.

Posted (edited)

I would love to be able to have the option to have holding right click to aim down the sights rather than a single click! Not much else to it. Great game! Keep it up!

Edited by SaltCap
1 person likes this

This is one of the main complaints me and my group of friends (all come from Battlefield) have about this game. 

Let us hold to ADS and click to 3rd person.

While looting, 100% of the time we hold SHIFT to run in order to try loot/equip faster than other players, and, this is not just annoying but also hurts the finger after some time of game play.

Suggestions:

1- Make the character run by default, hold SHIFT to walk.

Best solution since when not in a vehicle, 90% of the time we are running.

With that we have only to hold SHIFT to Walk on those few cases when we don't want to make noise (i.e. moving inside a house / approaching a player from behind).

or

2- Make the auto-run not toggle off when open door, loot or use WSAD.

Generic solution but also works.

bind run to a mouse button.  Much easier.

7 hours ago, Birruu said:

= is literally auto run.

This, I tried it for the first time last night and it works great.

As soon as you touch another direction button it stops again.

I just need to bind it to a button closer to my fingers now. :)

Why don't you bind Run to W

And walk to shift.

lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey,

I understand and I'am sure a lot of people are fine with the aiming control we have atm. I don't think it's bad design either but as someone that has HELD right mouse button to ads for more than 20 years I struggle to adapt. I'am doing good, but it is a struggle. By any chance could we get more options ? Could we change toggle ads to hold ads ? I personally would like to ditch the 3rd person aiming (wich has bullet deviation) and only have HOLD to ads on the right button. The idea would be to be able to fully customize it and bind or not the 3rd person aiming.

Thanks.

Edited by Irsute

'Hurts my finger'...omg :D Bahaha

1 person likes this

Shift is universally run in a lot of games, you don't ask them to change their game lol. It is fine as it is, their is binds for it given by the game so you can auto run. Just bind it up and away you go.

On 3/31/2017 at 0:52 PM, ZeusLair said:

if you double click and hold it will aim as well. 

Yeah I know. I've gotten used to clicking to ADS. It's not the worst thing in the world, and I can live with it. I would just prefer to be able to have the option to hold right click. It's just second nature to me, and would make me more comfortable in-game.

Hi 

It's pretty simple. I would like if you could add a toggle free look function as seen i ArmA III. When resten and scoping out opponents i would be really helpfull.

Can you let us bind the mousewheel, the mouse wheel button and double press like arma 3 pls

I'd like to add onto this suggestion and request "hold down" options in addition to toggles. More specifically with down scope aiming and crotching.

Hello, can you please add an option in the option settings to be able to turn off or rebind weapon switching from the scroll wheel. Myself and many other players accidently hit the scroll wheel when in a fight which causes us to switch weapons and die. From my knowledge there isnt any option to turn off or rebind this option. Please add or educate me of its location.

Thank you,

Octangle

2 people like this

Until there is an option, most mice have software available for them to actually turn off the scroll wheel when you use specific programs. I know I can turn off my Scroll Wheel on my Razor through the Razor software, I don't actually do it because I've never had an issue of accidentally hitting my scroll wheel, but if I needed to I could do it. Hope that helps as a work around for you until something in game is available.

THIS X 1000 I have lost 3 matches today because of this issue I have tried to turn my scroll wheel off but the logitech software doesn't seem to support it!