azgoodaz

rebind
Input/Controls Suggestions & Improvements Thread

207 posts in this topic

Better question is why is it by default in the game? And why is it not an option already to configure it? Baffled.

I agree, it is unbelievabley annoying and have seen numerous videos where the streamers are having the same trouble.

Also, give us the ability to bind the scrollwheel up and down. I tried to rebind scroll up to something else and couldn't. Please stop hardcoding inputs, this isn't the only input players cannot change.

Could just go into the cofig and edit ,(ActionName="NextWeapon",Keys=((Key=G),(Key=MouseScrollUp))) to  ,(ActionName="NextWeapon",Keys=((Key=G))) 

Think I changed the binding to G.

Posted (edited)

Doing this will free up scroll wheel up and still give you scroll wheel down switching weapons in opposite direction. You would be free to bind ,(Key=MouseScrollUp)) to anything you like you could even use scroll up for two action by adding ,(Key=MouseScrollUp),(bCtrl=True))) to a binding. ,(Key=MouseScrollDown)) is not in the config so it could possibly cause a conflict of bindings if added might disable scroll down.

Will be using ,(Key=MouseScrollUp,bCtrl=True))) for nade and scrollup might use for weapon slot 1. 

Edited by Dharkan
2 people like this

8 minutes ago, TheDarkSide69 said:

my weapons are done via the side buttons on my mouse

Key=ThumbMouseButton Key=ThumbMouseButton2 on mine

8 hours ago, Dharkan said:

Doing this will free up scroll wheel up and still give you scroll wheel down switching weapons in opposite direction. You would be free to bind ,(Key=MouseScrollUp)) to anything you like you could even use scroll up for two action by adding ,(Key=MouseScrollUp),(bCtrl=True))) to a binding. ,(Key=MouseScrollDown)) is not in the config so it could possibly cause a conflict of bindings if added might disable scroll down.

Will be using ,(Key=MouseScrollUp,bCtrl=True))) for nade and scrollup might use for weapon slot 1. 

This works for binding keys but unfortunately it doesn't unbind the MouseScrollUp/Down from change gun. I tried to rebind NextWeapon to something else but that didn't unbind it from MouseScrollUp.

(The file config file is GameUserSettings.ini in case anyone is wondering.)

Posted (edited)

bCtrl=True doesn't work? Just tested weapon scroll up it unbinds that. Just tested bCtrl=True works there too.

Had to manipulate the config though deleting scroll up seemed to have reset the bindings to default. Switching it to read only and loading game quiting and restarting with read only off changing the binds to where they where in-game and applying read only again and quiting then deleting the scroll up binding seemed to fix it.

Ctrl and 5 switches between throwables does it? That works for scroll up/ctrl nade. scroll down switches to weapons again other way so +!

Edited by Dharkan

bCtrl=True on any other bindings should work also.

@Dharkan, You're right, adding bCtrl=True does effectively unbind it.

I managed to unbind both up and down with the following :

(ActionName="NextWeapon",Keys=((Key=G),(Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Top),(Key=MouseScrollUp,bCtrl=True),(Key=Gamepad_DPad_Right))),(ActionName="PrevWeapon",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollDown,bCtrl=True))),

Some of this is just default binding so I highlighted my additions to the default config in bold.

Big thanks, I haven't been screwed by this yet but I was expecting to be eventually.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Okay , YW, that's not what I said but that works. With that binding you're rocking pressing ctrl and scroll switches weapons up/down. You are now free to add ,(Key=MouseScrollDown) or ,(Key=MouseScrollUp) to any binding you wish. I do not have a previous weapon in the bindings file. You could leave it at default and add  (Key=MouseScrollDown,bCtrl=True) or (Key=MouseScrollUp,bCtrl=True) to any binding also.

Edited by Dharkan

8 hours ago, Dharkan said:

that's not what I said but that works. With that binding you're rocking pressing ctrl and scroll switches weapons up/down.

Yea I know but I'll never hit ctrl scroll so it works for me. I backed off the idea of binding scroll to anything either since it's just likely to be hit by accident.

Might actually use ,(ActionName="PeekLeft",Keys=((Key=A,bCtrl=True))),(ActionName="PeekRight",Keys=((Key=D,bCtrl=True)))

Hi,

I was wondering if we could get a way to toggle walk & sprint, I'm not talking about auto-run feature.

Most importantly, would be the walking / normal movement, holding CTRL with the pinky to do something as basic as walking shouldn't be much of a hassle (and don't get me wrong, its not a crazy hassle or anything, but the ability to toggle it on and off while crouched in a house with someone else in it would go a long way).

Kind of like the W+S or S+W (both doing the same thing) in Arma 3. While walking, you could still take off in a sprint by holding SHIFT and sprinting would essentially cancel the walking toggle.

I have big hands, and I'm a guitarist, so finger dexterity is something I'm above average in, but for people like my wife, with small girly childlike, weak little pampered hands that are only good for cooking, cleaning and doing naughty but good things to me, would benefit the most.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

R_R

Nice tips !

It works for mousewheeldown (for Prone).

But, I can't to bind "Jump" with mousecroolup, Did you succeed ?

I put:

(ActionName="NextWeapon",Keys=((Key=G),(Key=MouseScrollUp,bCtrl=True),(Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Top),(Key=Gamepad_DPad_Right))),(ActionName="PrevWeapon",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollDown,bCtrl=True))),
(ActionName="Jump",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp),(Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom),(Key=Comma))),
(ActionName="ToggleProne",Keys=((Key=RightShift,bShift=True),(Key=MouseScrollDown)))

It works perfectly for Prone, but not for Jump.

Any idea ? Thanks ;)

13 hours ago, Psebcool said:

I put:

(ActionName="NextWeapon",Keys=((Key=G),(Key=MouseScrollUp,bCtrl=True),(Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Top),(Key=Gamepad_DPad_Right))),(ActionName="PrevWeapon",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollDown,bCtrl=True))),
(ActionName="Jump",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp),(Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom),(Key=Comma))),
(ActionName="ToggleProne",Keys=((Key=RightShift,bShift=True),(Key=MouseScrollDown)))

It works perfectly for Prone, but not for Jump.

Any idea ? Thanks ;)

(ActionName="Jump",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp)))

Yes please, and make scroll UP/DN bindable to any action. I woul like to bind auto run to scroll up, and unarmed to scroll down.

1 hour ago, Dharkan said:

(ActionName="Jump",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp)))

It doesn't work for me. You succeed to Jump with the scroll up on your side ? 

i also would like scroll for jump. has anyone got it to work?

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Psebcool said:

It doesn't work for me. You succeed to Jump with the scroll up on your side ? 

Haven't tried it have jump bound to (Key=ThumbMouseButton) using scroll up for weapon slot 1/nade.

Did you try ,(ActionName="NextWeapon",Keys=((Key=G))) then add (ActionName="Jump",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp))) if that works it might just be bCtrl= thats fkin with it. I know ctrl and scroll down also switches weapon down so that might be the conflict.

Edited by Dharkan

I'm sure the plans are to have all actions bindable to any button. There is an input.ini that is blank. Come Release it will probably be bindable.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Dharkan said:

Did you try ,(ActionName="NextWeapon",Keys=((Key=G))) then add (ActionName="Jump",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp))) if that works it might just be bCtrl= thats fkin with it. I know ctrl and scroll down also switches weapon down so that might be the conflict.

Yep, doesn't work also.

I think that many buttons can't be bindable in the game. The game seems to be "hardcoded" itself.

Edited by Psebcool

Why do I have to right click to go into 1st person view aim? Why can't the one click be an animation into the 3rd person view aim? I get that holding down the right click goes into the 3rd person view to aim, but my argument is that it should only be that way. The game calls it targeting which wraps both views into one. This needs to be split and should be button assigned by the player. I should be able to hold a button of my choosing to aim down sites in 1st person. This is very frustrating. If there is a fix for this, please let me know. If not, please fix this! Thank you.