azgoodaz

rebind
Input/Controls Suggestions & Improvements Thread

207 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jbwrecked said:

I agree. It's not necessary. But most games have the ability to run two buttons for K&M plus an extra for controller. Not prioritizing by any means but I'd like it for when I have my hands in different positions. 

I agree. Id love to be able to make a button lean left plus move left, and lean right plus move right.

12 hours ago, Got EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEm said:

I agree. Id love to be able to make a button lean left plus move left, and lean right plus move right.

So you can't just press left and lean left at the same time?

I think they should take a little page from two console games in terms of controller layout. 

Elder Scrolls Online and The Division, both have big inventory to deal with, all the while having similar type of combat/gameplay.

They could take the looting system from the Division, using the D-Pad to sort through the items on the ground and pick and choose. They could also use the weapon swap mechanics in the Division using the Y/Triangle button to gun swap between 3 guns.

From ESO, they could use the D-Pad wheel system to sort through the different throwables and meds. 

On 5/10/2017 at 4:56 AM, Spen said:

So you can't just press left and lean left at the same time?

Of course I can, but it feels like shit while doing it.

On 2017-5-7 at 3:43 AM, TriangleMan said:

Please make the free-look move back to default instead of instantly snapping back. Even if it whips back at 200% sensitivity, a sense of movement makes it much less disorienting.

No please don't - this isn't a console exclusive and should certainly not have such a feature where things does not go instant. At best one could have an option to set a 'camera speed' but almost every single player will never use it - its a competitive game, and speed is vital.

and +1 for the scroll binding, which I see will come now in May :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DOUBLE TAP F (use) TO EXIT MOVING VEHICLE - at least the option

It would be really awesome if you could bind the mouse scroll up and down to functions ie 1 and 2 and also if free look was a toggle and not a hold to activate.

Thanks

1 minute ago, UTR-Shrapnel said:

It would be really awesome if you could bind the mouse scroll up and down to functions ie 1 and 2 and also if free look was a toggle and not a hold to activate.

Thanks

Try to Manually set it in the config files

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Need the ability to map ads to a seperate button and the ability to change ots camera shoulder without having to zoom in and lean.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:19 PM, UTR-Shrapnel said:

Thanks

This is what Im waiting on before I repurchase it. Any news on this yet guys?

I have been playing PUBG non stop for the past two days and I must say it is a very good title with fantiastic potential. However I beg the developers to add one simple option to the controls menu in game. Just about every survival game I play that has third person has an option so that when in third person, you hold down right mouse and it will zoom into "Aim Down Sights" mode and allow firing. Once the right mouse button is released the view will automatically switch back to third person. This both feels amazing in combat and adds a great fluidity to battles that I really am having trouble with in PUBG. Having to "tap" right mouse to go into ADS may work for some but after years of muscle memory from other games I find myself constantly holding down right mose and only getting the unwanted hip fire mode. For those of you that have no problem with the current aiming scheme I am glad you enjoy it. All I am asking for is an additional option in the controls to toggle between the current ADS design and a "Hold to ADS" option. This would not affect current players in any way and I really do not want to have to resort to using third party scripts to make PUBG automatically ADS for me on right mouse hold.

All I ask is that you try this very simple option on the test servers and decide for yourself based on feedback. I am very confident those that use it would enjoy gunplay much more and have an overall better experience when playing PUBG. Thank you!

I started a thread similar to this, and have had little to no response. I agree with you 100% the hip fire aim is kinda dumb imo. You basically just hold the weapon and fire for hipfire mode why have it be able to zoom as well. I cant zoom in with a real weapon from hip fire lol.

1 person likes this

On 2/25/2017 at 11:42 PM, GamesN1nja said:

I have to say, I am loving the game so far, but please can we have a sprint toggle.  I only have little hands due to being a girl and my little pinky finger hurts after holding down the shift key for periods of time.

Also I'd like to rebind my keys again for my little hands :)

Other than that, what a great start to a great game.

Press = for auto run :D

Hey

i play lefthanded with the right side of the Keyboard, so i use the Right Shift Key for sprinting.

Is there a way that i can Hold my Breath with the Right Key instead of the Left Shift?

Thank you

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Ruvi said:

Hey

i play lefthanded with the right side of the Keyboard, so i use the Right Shift Key for sprinting.

Is there a way that i can Hold my Breath with the Right Key instead of the Left Shift?

Thank you

Hi Ruvi. Welcome to the forums. This would be a good addition to the control settings. Meanwhile you could get around this by switching right shift with left shift in the keyboard key binding settings. Many gaming keyboards these days have an option in their software where you can make profiles that autoload when the assigned game is started. If you assign left shift to the right shift key you will get to use right shift as the sprint/boost/hold breath button. When the game is closed the key bindings return to normal.

After doing that change the sprint and vehicle boost back to left shift in the game.

Edited by Aiiiiiiiii

Hi Aiiii. Thank You for the Help. I never thought about that and i works like a charm.

Have a nice day

Holding breath should be added to bindable keys. As a lefthanded player too I'm playing from numpad and just cant use this to my advantage. One should be allowed to bind keys wherever one wants without having to install additional software for that.

Also when throwing nades, RIGHT mousebutton is  unbindable  and always make u do an underhandthrow. 

I run forward with right mousebutton... always when I run forward to throw a nade, I always do an underhandthrow :<

Posted (edited)

In my last game we had this situation that we killed a team on our position, did get back to our buggy and were planning on where we go next (being confident that we are alone).

While i was looking at the map someone started shooting at us and in the stress i couldn't manage to close the map.

Suggestion:

I would like to see a option that the map is only open while holding the designated key. If i stop pressing the key, the map closes.

Edited by Spen

I agree with the posters above requesting an option for hold for ADS instead of the current ADS toggle. It's intuitive for many of us--certainly more people than inverse mouse.