16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, so I have a problem. I can easily reach the top 10 placement in say 2/3 matches just using basic strats like staying on the outskirts of the play area etc. But I always seem to come up short in the top 10, my best result so far being #2. I usually die around #4 or #5 just before the last one or two zones. Can anyone help with tips for actually staying alive in the last zones?

Edited by Z1nc

1, Look

2. Listen

3. Learn

Look twice before moving, sort of like crossing traffic. Identify where your biggest threats are and check them visually before moving from cover. Long range optics are a must have, they basically allow you to scan faster with more information. Always try to get a 4x or 8x scope on a gun you can use to quickly check hills and ridges from a distance.

Listen, using audio cues to help identify where targets are at helps you understand when and where to move. Just heard a gunfight over the ridge to your west, you know at least two people are there and probably a third moving into a position to take advantage of it. Always assume some sniper is scanning trees and listen for their shots at other people moving.

Learn from the mistakes and deaths you take so you can do better the next time. Think about how you have won your fights and apply that information to your next battles. Did you win because you got lucky, the other guy made a mistake, or the circle helped you out. Just have to learn to process the data from each round, no round is a bad round unless you don't learn from it, unless of course you won then you did mostly everything right.

3 people like this

Don't die. JK. Use cover, let others kill each other, get good positioning. Listen. Or, go balls out and kill everyone in your path. 

But I'm with you, plenty of #2, no chicken dinner.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's also nice to have a few boosts/med kits at the ready, although it can be tricky finding the time and place to use them as the circle gets smaller. And the boosts don't keep up with the circle damage in those last few circles.

EDIT: And luck. A little luck with the circle and positioning goes a long way.

Edited by QuadDamage
1 person likes this

Still chasing the elusive chicken dinner myself. Top 10 frequently though. Second place a dozen times....

What usually kills me, at the end, is underestimating the circle of death and its speed. I need to consume the energy drinks and painkillers much, much sooner. Kinda sucks, playing the circle, instead of fighting the last few, best players in the match.

I agree with circles, but the speed is ridic.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, shizniticus said:

Still chasing the elusive chicken dinner myself. Top 10 frequently though. Second place a dozen times....

What usually kills me, at the end, is underestimating the circle of death and its speed. I need to consume the energy drinks and painkillers much, much sooner. Kinda sucks, playing the circle, instead of fighting the last few, best players in the match.

I agree with circles, but the speed is ridic.

Yeah I really think the speed should be toned down just a tad bit.

Edited by Z1nc
1 person likes this

what works for me is to check where the circle will end and go there rather than chase the border all the time and get shot or caught out. Try that

Posted (edited)

I died so often at 2nd place, that I can't count it anymore. I always do stupid shit, today I was hiding at the beach behind a boat and jumped on and off the boat to shoot people with the AWM. The last guy didn't know where I was and ran straight to the beach and turned his back on me and I miss a 100meter shot with the AWM. Then I jumped back into the water and dropped my AWM because you can't reload it while swimming. When I got up back on the boat, instead of switching to my fully loaded AK (my only weapon) I had nothing equiped and was done.

Lesson learned today: Can't reload or switch weapons while swimming, but hiding behind a boat is amazing cover.

Just relax, go for a perfect cover position and let the other guyz do the work for you. Eventually you don't fuck up anymore :D

Also remember this is alpha and there is no reward for #1

Edited by L33R0Y
1 person likes this

I'm by no means a great player and only have a little bit of experience under my belt, most of which is in squads. However, we've had most success from playing within the centre of the circle - gear up, get a mode of transport and just bunker down in a advantageous position near the middle, if the circle moves then move with it as soon as you can, and always be alert. 

Sometimes that one guy in the tress will always get you..

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, L33R0Y said:

I died so often at 2nd place, that I can't count it anymore. I always do stupid shit, today I was hiding at the beach behind a boat and jumped on and off the boat to shoot people with the AWM. The last guy didn't know where I was and ran straight to the beach and turned his back on me and I miss a 100meter shot with the AWM. Then I jumped back into the water and dropped my AWM because you can't reload it while swimming. When I got up back on the boat, instead of switching to my fully loaded AK (my only weapon) I had nothing equiped and was done.

Lesson learned today: Can't reload or switch weapons while swimming, but hiding behind a boat is amazing cover.

Just relax, go for a perfect cover position and let the other guyz do the work for you. Eventually you don't fuck up anymore :D

Also remember this is alpha and there is no reward for #1

Yeah a game could be going amazing but then 3 seconds later you're dead after taking 3 M16 shots to the chest, just realistic I guess.

22 hours ago, Z1nc said:

Yeah a game could be going amazing but then 3 seconds later you're dead after taking 3 M16 shots to the chest, just realistic I guess.

Plan ahead on where you are going, usually placing first is a matter of luck in this game! Camping or skill usually can take you down to top 5-6 but then its all up to RNJesus to give you good circles and pray that noone is edging the circle on the same side as you ! but like others mentioned, be patient and try to locate as many players in top 6 as possible and then make your move:

1: Fight, and you will be located by others = larger risk to be sniped or targeted by more players

2: Be patient behind a tree in the outer layer (at last 3 circles) and try to isolate yourself to only have to face 1 person at the time, this requires you to have knowledge about where other people are

3: camp like a bitch and pray nobody sees you, wait until there are only 2-3 people left and then just hug circle when you know where they are coming from. (this is what works most of the time, and grants you the true Chicken title!)

Edited by Frostywan
1 person likes this

would like to see ppl get aim punched while being outside of the circle especially in end game when it gets smaller i often get shot in the back from someone out side the circle 

1 person likes this

So far i managed 7 wins.  with 4 solo  2 duo's pretty much solo'd since my partners died at the start. And a squad win.

i would give the same advice as kailjoric.

listen, look, learn

Most important thing is position. Try to get to a position that has a little bit of overview of the terrain while also trying to have cover. Trees, wheatfields etc. Try to stay hidden!  having a suppressor is pretty good even on a pistol.

ill edit later.. buddy cant wait longer. xD

1 person likes this

Crawl... Esp with the update making it so low Foliage doesnt change anything crawling is super helpful. I usually get dark clothes, all my gear, and stay in the shadows of the trees at the end. My last win i crawled for about 5 min in the circle and people do not notice you. 

Just getting to the top ten by stealth doesn't make it easier. The people who got there are usually pretty damn good or at least the best skilled players in that round. I would spend time in the thick of it during the beginning of the game. Drop in with other players and force yourself to get good at shoot outs. By getting into these early firefights you can be in more matches than you could by sneaking or avoiding fights to get to the end as matches can go on for 20 plus minutes. It's what i have been doing lately and it is helping me get used to the game and hone my PUBG instincts.