Jump to content
Tarzhan

Menu Resolution/Screen Problems

Recommended Posts

Tarzhan    0

Im really enjoying this game. And I have nothing bad to say about it other than I almost missed uni deadlines playing it .....
So I loaded it up again only to find my title screen is completely out of sync with my display. When I hover over the play button it actually thinks my cursor is about 2 inches lower hovering over the Asia server button. I cant even hit the exit or options cog button as they there but not selectable. My character is also slightly off screen, I can only see his leg. The friend bar in the bottom left corner is also unselectable unless I click around 2/3 inches above it.
Help would be appreciated. Really love this game, like really. ScreenShot below.

58f53568c8402_PLAYERUNKNOWNSBATTLEGROUNDS04_17.2017-22_18_30_03.thumb.png.e26ff893072f0bbe84a0aabac5e87661.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ridenour    0

So was this issue fixed? I cant find the templated version of this issue. Im having the same problem. Please link where i can find the follow up to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar of Roma    553
9 minutes ago, Ridenour said:

So was this issue fixed? I cant find the templated version of this issue. Im having the same problem. Please link where i can find the follow up to this. 

Hey Ridenour, the user did not submit a template version. Would you be so kind as to fill one out for us! :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ridenour    0
58 minutes ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Hey Ridenour, the user did not submit a template version. Would you be so kind as to fill one out for us! :-) 

Yeah Ill fill one out. But i know that one of my problems is my graphics card. It wasnt the recommended but the game worked fine until i adjust the resolution. But yes ill fill one out asap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ridenour    0

Bug Description:
A detailed description of the bug that you're experiencing. Please include as much detail as possible.
Please try to include evidence related to the bug, such as screenshots and videos if possible.

Date Seen:
Date the bug you're reporting was experienced.

Server: 
None

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Tried to go to properties on the exe. To find a ability to change the resolution. 

Other Information:
It started after I had changed my resolution to fit my screen. I know that my graphics card is not in the recommended but it was working fine till I had switched the resolution in game. 

Launch Options:
None used.

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bit version)
Graphics Card: Geforce 550 ti 1024 mb dedicated. 
CPU: AMD Six core processor. Black Edition   Ram: 32 GBPlayer.png.7fcf986181f92864f0b617c06074e934.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar of Roma    553
53 minutes ago, Ridenour said:

Bug Description:
A detailed description of the bug that you're experiencing. Please include as much detail as possible.
Please try to include evidence related to the bug, such as screenshots and videos if possible.

Date Seen:
Date the bug you're reporting was experienced.

Server: 
None

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Tried to go to properties on the exe. To find a ability to change the resolution. 

Other Information:
It started after I had changed my resolution to fit my screen. I know that my graphics card is not in the recommended but it was working fine till I had switched the resolution in game. 

Launch Options:
None used.

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bit version)
Graphics Card: Geforce 550 ti 1024 mb dedicated. 
CPU: AMD Six core processor. Black Edition   Ram: 32 GBPlayer.png.7fcf986181f92864f0b617c06074e934.png

Hey Riden, you could try setting your screen manually via the GameUserSettings.ini file. Do you know how access that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ridenour    0
Just now, Caesar of Roma said:

Hey Riden, you could try setting your screen manually via the GameUserSettings.ini file. Do you know how access that? 

No sir. I do not, Nor am I in front of my Computer right now. Im currently on my work laptop. I will though go into those files when i get a chance and change what you need me to if you can get my those instructions on what to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarzhan    0

Sorry for not replying to you guys sooner. I have been very busy when not on PUBGs  ^^. I will also fill out a form. As this guy has a different problem to me, my graphics card is a gtx 1060 6gb and is 100% not the issue. That screen pic used Above is also mine so it's incorrect to be on his post.  I believe the problem is due to switching monitors. I installed and first ran the game on a 40+ inch tv and it was great. Nothing other than some bad server connection at times. FOS and everything was amazing. But When I switched back to my personal monitor I was greeted with the menu looking like that^^^ (Tarzhan) I tend to move my rig around to monitors that are bigger or better than mine. Keep posted for a detailed report later this evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bruninho    0
2 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Hey Riden, você poderia tentar configurar sua tela manualmente através do arquivo GameUserSettings.ini. Você sabe como acessar isso? 

o meu e no menu tab nao vejo as armas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarzhan    0

Bug Description:

Originally I had installed the game on a much larger TV. So when switching down to my smaller personal TV I assumed this was the problem. I have gone into the GameUserSettings.ini file, and changed the settings to my TVs native resolution. I had to find the product manual and find the odd 1366 x 768 resolution of the 32" TV. Sadly none of these fixes have worked ( I found your post of you going through and altering the ini file step by step and I have followed it. ) I have tried further changing the resolution to the default and also just tried random ones trying to get it to fit the screen via the .ini file with no luck at all. It is still massively out of sync. Luckily I am able to play the game. But not on my personal TV. Only the 40+" communal TV I originally installed PUBGs on. Which is frustrating as this 32" is still relatively modern. Its not a relic yet, so it should work just fine. Please check this link for a short video of what is happening. Its really frustrating. ^^ 

Date Seen: 

I have been experiencing this bug for the past week. ( Before and after the update.)

Server: 
Not on the TEST Server.

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Tried altering the resolution in the GameUserSetting.ini file.

Other Information:
None I can think of. I haven't altered anything in the in game options menu since I can not select it.

Launch Options:

None

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Card: GTX 1060
CPU: I5 4690k
Ram: 16GB

capture5.PNG

Capture6.1.PNG

Capture6.2.PNG

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS 04.17.2017 - 22.18.30.03.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar of Roma    553
On 4/20/2017 at 2:09 PM, Ridenour said:

No sir. I do not, Nor am I in front of my Computer right now. Im currently on my work laptop. I will though go into those files when i get a chance and change what you need me to if you can get my those instructions on what to do. 

Hey Ridenour, 

Hold down your windows key and press R, this will open the run dialog where you can type in "%APPDATA%"

P2YDHpI.png

It'll open a folder in windows explorer, up the top on the address bar click AppData as seen in the image below.

6vxDYpF.png

Now on the right hand side, search for Tslgame as seen below and open the tslgame folder:

5VJyZ0Y.png

Now you need to click through a few folders, Saved, Config and then open the WindowsNoEditor folder where you should be able to locate GameUserSettings.ini as seen below:

JyAVYoJ.png

Open the GameUserSettings.ini file, navigate to the section of the tile as seen below and make everything the same as what I have highlighted in blue. If your native resolution is not 1920 x 1080, simply change it to your native resolution then launch the game.

1w8WTlp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pride_xd    3

I have a similar issue that relates to this topic. I play on 1280x960. Before 4/20/2017 patch inventory menu was centered. After the patch the inventory is zoomed in (weapons and its attachments are way off to the right to the point where I cant access them). Is there any way to fix this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ridenour    0

I ordered a new graphics card and will do the suggested when i get the chance. And Tarzan i used your photo, because you didn't have a post and I was trying to get both yours and my problem solved. Thank you guys. Ill try it and get back to you guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarzhan    0
11 minutes ago, Ridenour said:

I ordered a new graphics card and will do the suggested when i get the chance. And Tarzan i used your photo, because you didn't have a post and I was trying to get both yours and my problem solved. Thank you guys. Ill try it and get back to you guys. 

Thanks dude.  I appreciate it.  

 I still haven't found a fix for this. I have played with the game user settings to no end with no luck. The game just doesn't seem to like my personal monitor. Which is frustrating. As the tv it does work on is not avliable to me when ever I want it. 

Maybe it could be a good idea to incorporate some sort of screen calibration upon entering the game. Like a lot of other titles, they use arrows that can be adjusted to ur screens edges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×