Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoKa

The WATER is BROKEN or needs to me IMPROVED!

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I just finished a solo game which I felt I played really well in, had to swim across the river to get to the island, and outplayed campers etc. so I got in a 1v1.

I knew he was behind one of the pillars of the bridge so I ran to him, I saw him swimming! So I shot at his torse for 6-8 times and I didn't see a single blood spat, so I'm like, fine okay, I guess water REALLY slows your bullets down that they don't do damage or something.So I approached him ever move because he had to go onshore to win obviously.
When I approached him (really) close range he peeked -IN- the water behind the pillar so it came down to who shot the best.
I aimed at his troath region (I often do this to compensate for inaccuracy so I hit the torso, shoulders or head.) and he didn't get hit ONCE.

I think this is to blame because the water surface was around his nipples (for lack of a better determination haha). And now I feel robbed of my win.
I remember ARMA doing this differently, I think you could atleast shoot through 2-3 meters of water before your bullets deal no damage, long time I played the game but I can remember picking off people in water really easily.

So, any thoughts about this? Please let me know if I'm just bad or if you've also witnessed this.

Kind Regards,
Roman

In all reality, I think the water does need work. I didn't have as calculated of an event as yours but I saw someone swimming, tried shooting multiple times, and no dice. Same on the shoreline. I did get a headshot blood splatter when he was in approximately stomach-deep water but didn't notice and damage other than that. Might need a bit of re-work though. 

Posted (edited)

Lmao. It's a bug I guess. I've seen people shoot at players underwater at blank range and they weren't able to kill them until they had swam out. 

Edited by Delta

1 minute ago, Delta said:

Lmao. It's a bug I guess. I've seen people shoot at players underwater at blank range and they weren't able to kill them until they had swam out. 

Mhm, but having the lack of knowledge knowing if it's a bug or feature I decided to put it under suggestions so they might know how to fix the bullets not doing damage (traveling a distance through water before it starts altering the velocity/damage of the bullet)

Posted (edited)

I've personally had only one battle in the water, unfortunately it was me being shot at from a guy in a boat.. He couldn't hit me when I was down below the surface of the water but as soon as my had popped out he tore it off with no problems. 

He knew where I was in the water, pulled up on me, and just waited for me to surface from lack of air. Is how the battle went. 

Edited by Fourbz

2 minutes ago, Fourbz said:

I've personally had only one battle in the water, unfortunately it was me being shot at from a guy in a boat.. He couldn't hit me when I was down below the surface of the water but as soon as my had popped out he tore it off with no problems. 

He knew where I was in the water, pulled up on me, and just waited for me to surface from lack of air. Is how the battle went. 

Mhm, so what I take from this is that the bullet had a minimal chance of crossing the water's hitbox. If he was nearly above your so-to-say. I was shooting at a low angle maximizing my odds.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, PandahSykes said:

Fuck Kevin Costner .

Idk why you keep spamming threads with your video. The way a bullet travels through water makes perfect sense in this game. Just like in real life.

Edited by Flosstradamus

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

Idk why you keep spamming threads with your video. The way a bullet travels through water makes perfect sense in this game. Just like in real life.

So in real life you can shoot someone who's crawling in knee deep water on their knees directly below you with a shotgun and they will survive , not just one blast but three ?

Please make a real life video proving that there buddy . And maybe watch my video before making assumptions about it ; as no one with a brain would consider that realistic or appropriate for a game based around  competitive play . 

devs have acknowledged this as a bug and are working on it , so apparently your "real life physics of water" will never make It into game - sorry 'Damas.

Edited by PandahSykes

Just now, PandahSykes said:

So in real life you can shoot someone who's crawling in knee deep water on their knees directly below you with a shotgun and they will survive , not just one blast but three ? Please make a real life video proving that there buddy .

They most likely will survive as water really hinders and stops bullets by a lot even at a close range. They say you can survive a shotgun blast if in 3 feet of water

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

They most likely will survive as water really hinders and stops bullets by a lot even at a close range. They say you can survive a shotgun blast if in 3 feet of water

Ok man , go ahead and give your opinions to myth busters while me and the devs balance this game correctly . No one will agree with you that water should stop bullets - only after about 6-10 feet will a bullet be slowed down enough to not draw blood on someone in the water , so if that's added to the game it's fine but my video clearly is not about water that deep .

Please do research about the current argument before jumping the gun there Nostradamus , we get it your phsychic or some shit but I think you may have missed a physics class or two xD 

Edited by PandahSykes
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, PandahSykes said:

Ok man , go ahead and give your opinions to myth busters while me and the devs balance this game correctly . No one will agree with you that water should stop bullets - only after about 6-10 feet will a bullet be slowed down enough to not draw blood on someone in the water , so if that's added to the game it's fine but my video clearly is not about water that deep .

Please do research about the current argument before jumping the gun there Nostradamus , we get it your phsychic or some shit but I think you may have missed a physics class or two xD 

https://www.quora.com/How-much-speed-does-a-bullet-lose-when-fired-into-water

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

Thanks for quoting evidence that disprove what you were trying to say .

You're little quora link clearly states that even a 9 mm penetrated through 6 ft of water produces a fatal shot (you would know that if you read the chart) but only if the shooter is at a 30 degree angle of you  , will it stop any round [even a fifty caliber] at less than three feet - the video I posted that you decided to attack presented the downed opponent in about 3 feet of water , and I shot him with a shotgun (s12k) and an assault rifle (m16) straight above him - so NOT AT A 30 DEGREE ANGLE - in other words that guy had no chance to survive In my video . 

So you have proven that my shot would have been fatal , on the first shotgun blast let alone the other two and the m16 shots  . Too bad for you that I wasn't at a 30 degree angle xD 

Edited by PandahSykes
1 person likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 9:23 PM, PandahSykes said:

Fuck Kevin Costner .

Yeah so this is why I'm here.... I've had multiple games where I'm facing someone and they simply wade into waist deep water and they become invincible, like the water is some sort of full body shield. Even driving a boat over someone whos head is up out of the water, it does nothing. How are we supposed to kill someone in the water? They swim up for half a second and go back down, your shot has to be 1000% accurate to do any remote damage to them.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:38 PM, PandahSykes said:

Thanks for quoting evidence that disprove what you were trying to say .

You're little quora link clearly states that even a 9 mm penetrated through 6 ft of water produces a fatal shot (you would know that if you read the chart) but only if the shooter is at a 30 degree angle of you  , will it stop any round [even a fifty caliber] at less than three feet - the video I posted that you decided to attack presented the downed opponent in about 3 feet of water , and I shot him with a shotgun (s12k) and an assault rifle (m16) straight above him - so NOT AT A 30 DEGREE ANGLE - in other words that guy had no chance to survive In my video . 

So you have proven that my shot would have been fatal , on the first shotgun blast let alone the other two and the m16 shots  . Too bad for you that I wasn't at a 30 degree angle xD 

Dude, you sound like such a dick. And I believe that you are the one that didn't read the article.

A 9mm pierces through the water because the bullet doesn't hit the water hard enough to shatter it, but still maintains its trajectory and slices through the water for a short distance. This drastically reduces its power over time, but yes, it is still effective at close range.

Almost anything more powerful than that causes the bullet to shatter on impact with the water. ESPECIALLY a 50 cal. Even at close range.

In the case of buckshot, which the shotguns use in PUBG, the pellets will stop almost instantly after hitting the water.

Additionally, even if the bullets are able to maintain their structure and velocity, the impact with the water and the friction while traveling through it easily causes the trajectory to go off course, and miss the target all together.

THEN, if you have a gun that is operational underwater, very similar effects still happen. Generally smaller caliber guns will shoot up to a short distance and still be lethal, but high powered rifles will lose almost all momentum and trajectory almost immediately out of the barrel. Only lethal at point blank, basically.

-----

Anyways, you're right. Water isn't working as intended. But not horribly far off from what it should. So grow up a bit.

Also, if it comes to that situation again, you can put your weapon away and punch them out, even when it water. Granted it's not an ideal fix, there are times that this helps.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:27 PM, Flosstradamus said:

3" deer slug + Shotgun @ 6ft: As one might have expected, firing a 
shotgun into a narrow tank of water shattered the tank and sent everyone
running to turn off all the lights to prevent short circuits. The slug 
shot went through the ballistics gel -- fatal

While the panda dude might sound like something of a dick, he is 100% right, and the guy was kneeling (knocked out) in water waist deep. Panda was literally right on top of the guy, and fired 3 shots directly down into him (3-6 inches worth of water at best). No damage, he swapped to the rifle (m16a4 I think) and fired another few into him at a 30 or so degree angle down from 8 or so feet away, still would only be 8-12 inches of water to hit the target even at the angle. No damage. 

Not trying to sound like a giant douche here, Floss, but if you are going to contradict someone - know your facts, and at least have the courtesy of watching the video they submitted as proof. 

--- 

Water needs fixing. 

*cough* also first person only standard game mode needs to be implemented *cough* (shamelessly tossing this in here, 'cause it needs to happen >.>) 

Just now, khannon said:

3" deer slug + Shotgun @ 6ft: As one might have expected, firing a 
shotgun into a narrow tank of water shattered the tank and sent everyone
running to turn off all the lights to prevent short circuits. The slug 
shot went through the ballistics gel -- fatal

While the panda dude might sound like something of a dick, he is 100% right, and the guy was kneeling (knocked out) in water waist deep. Panda was literally right on top of the guy, and fired 3 shots directly down into him (3-6 inches worth of water at best). No damage, he swapped to the rifle (m16a4 I think) and fired another few into him at a 30 or so degree angle down from 8 or so feet away, still would only be 8-12 inches of water to hit the target even at the angle. No damage. 

Not trying to sound like a giant douche here, Floss, but if you are going to contradict someone - know your facts, and at least have the courtesy of watching the video they submitted as proof. 

--- 

Water needs fixing. 

*cough* also first person only standard game mode needs to be implemented *cough* (shamelessly tossing this in here, 'cause it needs to happen >.>) 

All good. He was right I was wrong but in the end its a video game and it really shouldn't mimic real life anyways otherwise every game would be hard lol

1 minute ago, Flosstradamus said:

All good. He was right I was wrong but in the end its a video game and it really shouldn't mimic real life anyways otherwise every game would be hard lol

Yeah, I feel you.

However, this game strives to mimic real life as much as possible in terms of ballistics and gun-play. Their entire goal was a battle royale that feels immersive and realistic while creating the sense of danger and heart-pumping adrenaline rush amidst the chaos and confusion of modern combat. 

Where they fail in that is the third person view - and obviously the water. The perfect "electric" or "gas" circle also fudges a bit, but some kind of incentive to keep players moving was necessary. For a greater sense of realism they could have used artillery like they do in the red zones, but it would be sporadic, either killing you or leaving you unharmed. Not to mention the amount of drain on most peoples' systems when they are trying to render in a giant constant artillery barrage going off all around them toward the end game would really kill the game for most players. 

So, as you say, you have to take certain elements like that with a grain of salt and just chalk it up to video game logic. However, the essentials that the game is attempting to represent should not be compromised on. 

---

Anyway, good talk. Hope you weren't offended by anything here. Always welcome to a mature conversation or debate. Really just waiting for the first person only standard game mode...