Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PolkaPickle

FPS on test server, Incredible!!!

18 posts in this topic

OMG I can't believe my eyes, they did an outstanding job on the optimisation.
Running thru Georgopol I'm averaging 100 fps (+/- 10 fps) on ALL ULTRA settings @ 1440p resolution.  Otherwise 110-144 fps everywhere else. If I lower shadows, post processing, & foliage I can hit a locked 144 fps almost enywhere on the map outside the big cities, but that's still a CPU bottleneck because very low and ultra settings have almost the same performance there.
(of course not 100% 144 fps locked, I didn't run thru the entire map and there are areas here and there that will dip into the 120s, but the performance hit for ultra is so small that it's not really worth the sacrifice for a lousy 20-30 fps when you're already pushing 100+ constantly everywhere, except post processing that needs to be at least at medium to get rid of the smear)
 
Rig is: 6700K @ 4.7, 1080ti strix OC @ 2050mhz, 16gb ddr4 3000, samsung 850 pro ssd.
 
Verrry impressed with the performace optimisations.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What were you experiencing before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hitting roughly 70-120 fps on all ultra everywhere, and as low as 35 in Georgopol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I still have the Sound Bugs at the beginning, same for the low FPS on very low Settings 1920x1080 (25-30 with some Drops every few seconds) on a 750GTX TI OC and AMD FX 6300.
But maybe it will be better tomorrow on the normal Server.
 

Edited by Gummimensch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Fx 8350 at 4 GHz, Saphire fx 470 4 gb, Samsung evo 840 120gb ssd, 8 Gb ram, Win 10 x64

Was watching Viss, Smak, Solidfps... got excited :). Bought the game 3 days ago (1 win in 19 matches :D). Everything at very low settings. Game feels clumsy - all actions have delay like half a second - full second. Tried test server today. Definitely can feel the difference but still clumsy :(. I mean is it me or the game(game engine) itself? All actions/gunfight don't fell crisp and sharp.

Edited by Voffka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fps seems to be the same for me...running i7 6700k, GTX 1070 founders edition and typically hit around 60fps at 1440p

 

Now desync on the test server....that's a different story....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Voffka said:

Fx 8350 at 4 GHz, Saphire fx 470 4 gb, Samsung evo 840 120gb ssd, 8 Gb ram, Win 10 x64

Was watching Viss, Smak, Solidfps... got excited :). Bought the game 3 days ago (1 win in 19 matches :D). Everything at very low settings. Game feels clumsy - all actions have delay like half a second - full second. Tried test server today. Definitely can feel the difference but still clumsy :(. I mean is it me or the game(game engine) itself? All actions/gunfight don't fell crisp and sharp.

I doubt your system meets the minimum specs for the game. 8 gbs of ram? Barely adequate - min required is 6. Motherboard GPU - don't think it would even make the minimum system requirements. 

Minimum requirements are here  - http://battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/System_Requirements

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rubberbanded more on the test server but that is what it is. FPS on the other hand seemed a lot more steadier and I was able to use ULTRA with the steady FPS, no massive drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OzRecon said:

I doubt your system meets the minimum specs for the game. 8 gbs of ram? Barely adequate - min required is 6. Motherboard GPU - don't think it would even make the minimum system requirements. 

Minimum requirements are here  - http://battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/System_Requirements

 

Thank you. I saw those. At the moment I can not afford to buy better pc .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't noticed a difference, Maybe 2 frames? I landed in georgopol and stuttered for around 15 seconds with 3 - 8 FPS & then slowly built up to a peak of 48 Fps and thats the highest it ever went. I play with AA on high and textures on medium & everything else on very low. My buildings are loading in a little bit better now, but honestly not much difference. Kinda dissapointed, but hey there's more to come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished my 1st round on the test server (I won!) and it was WAY better FPS up in the 100's. I also love the fact that grass is on for all settings. The only thing that the very low setting gives an advantage of now is brightness and view distance. It is super dark on the other settings but still the same on very low and as for the view distance well on very low the grass doesn't render too far out so it's still a bit of a barren hill when you might think you are laying in grass. 

Overall it feels much smoother and the gunplay was nice and fluid. The motor bike was also neat. Not very loud at all but it did seem to have a small issue with sliding down a hill I parked it on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phroste said:

fps seems to be the same for me...running i7 6700k, GTX 1070 founders edition and typically hit around 60fps at 1440p

 

Now desync on the test server....that's a different story....

 

Same setup basically, I get mostly 60-80 fps. On both servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gummimensch said:

I still have the Sound Bugs at the beginning, same for the low FPS on very low Settings 1920x1080 (25-30 with some Drops every few seconds) on a 750GTX TI OC and AMD FX 6300.
But maybe it will be better tomorrow on the normal Server.
 

Unreal engien are rly with Amd i have amd too and serveral of my games that runs unreal engien bad fps. so i upgrade to intel soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PolkaPickle said:
OMG I can't believe my eyes, they did an outstanding job on the optimisation.
Running thru Georgopol I'm averaging 100 fps (+/- 10 fps) on ALL ULTRA settings @ 1440p resolution.  Otherwise 110-144 fps everywhere else. If I lower shadows, post processing, & foliage I can hit a locked 144 fps almost enywhere on the map outside the big cities, but that's still a CPU bottleneck because very low and ultra settings have almost the same performance there.
(of course not 100% 144 fps locked, I didn't run thru the entire map and there are areas here and there that will dip into the 120s, but the performance hit for ultra is so small that it's not really worth the sacrifice for a lousy 20-30 fps when you're already pushing 100+ constantly everywhere, except post processing that needs to be at least at medium to get rid of the smear)
 
Rig is: 6700K @ 4.7, 1080ti strix OC @ 2050mhz, 16gb ddr4 3000, samsung 850 pro ssd.
 
Verrry impressed with the performace optimisations.

Not convinced hah ! will have to wait and check for my self xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

if we ignore the fps issues and take a loot at the desync/lag or w/e it is.. it is breaking the game.

You shoot a guy 3-5 times he is not dying, freaking terminators in this game I dunno

Edited by LookingforSoHIgh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ram isn't the problem, he actually meets the minimum requirements, problem is the game is highly CPU bound, any one using FX 8350-FX 6300, I3 and even I5s will struggle running the game, so I'm guessing the minimum requirements for CPU is optimistic at best, when the game will be fully optimized though things should look better .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed,test server runs smooth as butter + the sound is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also incredibly impressed by the FPS improvements. I run a hearty-old rig that still puts out "decent" frames, but isn't exceptional anymore. I was getting about 30FPS in major cities and am almost always at 60FPS and higher. Outside cities, the frames have improved as well, but they were always great. Just excited for the core problem to be fixed with the engine/networking issues causing the dsync. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0