double.magic    13

The change to the death icon was good, they should disappear eventually but they are still a problem because they are opaque. The most common scenario is that a squad member dies and you're trying to engage the enemy right near where they died. The fact that they eventually disappear doesn't change the most common problem with these icons, that you can't see through them.

Please make them semi transparent so I can see through them and they don't hinder players ability to fight around them.

TheJacko    1
On 4/20/2017 at 9:36 AM, knafraktur said:

From the latest devblog

"The dead team-mate icon will now disappear after a certain time and distance when in team modes"

I know it isn't exactly what you're asking for, but it is something.

ty

Spen    107

I would like it if the death markers disapear when aimed.

The death markers that appear for your teammates when you die need to only appear on your compass, or have an on/off switch, because they often interfere severely with firefights and visuals. They're incredibly obnoxious most of the time, and useless when they aren't being obnoxious.It also adds a challenge layer for them to not exist, as your friends need to keep track of your death location.

Holliday    1

I think it would be nice to change the opacity of icons that appear (or icons in general) when for example your teammate dies. The icon that is shown is so hard to see through to shoot enemies that are behind it. I think it would be a good feature for team modes. Another possible thing to do if you believe this could be abused is to have the icon lower its opacity as you aim.

GIJoe101st    1

I believe you can press U at any time to turn off your HUD. That will also turn off the death markers.

Merged all into one thread. Please use this to discuss Icon Opacity. Most complaints are based on the Death Marker which falls in this category.

I love the options and customization in Battlefield and if possible would love to see similar ideas included.

Spoiler

Thank you

maybe adding a marker that's shows where someone died after xxx amount of time because there was times where when shooting people that killed my friend that that would block it and I was unable to see them

NeonRosa    0

Lets say you're in Pochinki, suddenly your teammate dies on the 2nd floor near a window in a random  house.

Then you're here trying to revenge him with your fully stocked Kar 98, but when you try to aim. There is a big ass skull blocking the view for you, so you die by the person instead.

Cause all he sees is a random player aiming towards him but not shooting. 

Don't be like Overwatch with the objective thingy, they've had about 1½ years probably even more on them to remove / put in a option to turn it off.

Same with the big plus sign...

I hardly can't be the first to mention this. Even heard several streamers doin squads/duo screaming about this. 

So yeah.. Any ideas? Or are there any fix for that already?

Skyevodka    1

Remove the player location icon/their set waypoint on the screen/map/world when they either leave or die.

Makes it confusing for team fights/ambushes when it is on your screen.

Also died to this a few times when the enemy was coming from that direction and I gave them a free kill.

Vincent    10

Better yet, if your teammate disconnects from the game, have it instant kill your teammate.

Bandit02    0

Can you please set the time for the icon that appears above the player that died to a minimum time, like 5sec or even for it to disappear after being spotted ?

So i was playing squad with my mates and one of them died very early in the game and he was from 100 to 200 meters from me and i only had a AKM with iron sight, as another team started to lot the body of my team mate i couldn't see them because of the dead teammate icon. This situation happened  to me for quite a few times now, can you please do something about it ? 

Best regards 

Bandit02

I would remove it entirely from the world. It's just another icon in the way, not to mention it moves a few seconds after they die so you don't even know where their loot crate is.

Anonymoose    0

What if… Instead of removing it, place the marker on the ground… As if it was a carpet… That way you only see it when it's in line of sight… Not on top of other objects… Just above the floor…