ViaRecon    1

The death marker for when a teammate dies is way too big and visible. When an enemy is looting your teammate, the marker renders the enemy invisible. There is a huge need to at least make the opacity go down when aiming in or just making the marker only on the map.

• Like 1

Glasses4Life    30

My buddie died on an air drop and now i cant see it. I killed two people on the drop by shear luck cause his icon was covering them.

Even on this hill i cant check the air drop with a rifle cause of the icon.

f7c72f01c1.jpg

Doowie    216

Oh yeah that would be frustrating as hell. Maybe having the icon on the minimap and the compass on the top of the screen, would be a better option.

azza_001    32
3 hours ago, Doowie said:

Oh yeah that would be frustrating as hell. Maybe having the icon on the minimap and the compass on the top of the screen, would be a better option.

I'm thinking it goes transparent when you look toward it. 

Verzone    14

Yep, was thinking about that aswell. Didnt post probably because I didnt have that kind of situation, but still its anoying and unecessary for it to stay up that long. If they could put lower opacity on it and maybe even a timer when that icon will dissapear (only stays visible for short time after your teammate died so you can just see location where he died ea. 1 min or so)..

Sjelle    6
Posted (edited)

Also the marker on a living teammate should be alot more subtle. Or not exactly on him. Maybe just a small (bright) dot right above his head? If >duo's should come, just different colored dots and in the lobby or when opening the map a legend: orange=teammate x..etc etc

Or just add the color to the names on the top left

Edited by Sjelle

tootall604    11
20 hours ago, ViaRecon said:

The death marker for when a teammate dies is way too big and visible. When an enemy is looting your teammate, the marker renders the enemy invisible. There is a huge need to at least make the opacity go down when aiming in or just making the marker only on the map.

I actually really like how obvious the marker is, so I can make my way to my downed mate.  If I was to change anything it would be the opacity, so it's not as much of a blocker in firefights.

migiT    11

Last weekend I had quite a few teammates in duos disconnect while parachuting in or within the first few minutes of a match. Sometimes they were hundreds of feet in the sky, sometimes they were hovering. Could we get that on screen display of where they are located to disappear after 30/60/90 sec after their death or if they have disconnected from the server. It was mostly a distraction but I could see a scenario where having their icon in the middle of the screen might effect game play. I also noticed if they disconnected it would still give me an option to spectate.

On this note any indication/notification that your teammate disconnected would be great. I had ghost players running on my screen next to me thinking they just weren't responding over their mic to finally realize they had disconnected a minute prior and I had been talking to myself ¬¬. Then their icon is forever in the middle of my screen after their body would disappear.

I tried searching to see if this had been addressed already or not, couldn't find anything. Sorry if this is a repeat.

• Like 2

Smonkey    3

I hope they remove the teammate death icon a seconds after death or relocated it to just the mini map. Enemies every now and then line up with your teammates death location and make it almost impossible to aim.

Posted (edited)

Sometime when my team mate gets downed by someone close range i cannot see the person who has shot him because there is a massive marker in the way that doesn't go opaque when i look towards it....

Edited by subsoldier101
  • Like 3

AndehX    51

+1  also when someone dies, their death marker should fade over time instead of being visible the entire game.

• Like 1

ZeusLair    1

+1 this is incredibly frustrating. maybe only show on mini map or a very transparent. Maybe make it a setting in the options for people to choose how transparent they want it?

• Like 1

FilthyOtis    2

+1 to this... I have also been in a situation where I was unable to see the enemy because my teammates skull and crossbones shielded him from my view.  Something needs to be changed...  make it transparent and also fade over time seem like decent options.

Gingy    1
2 hours ago, donttouchmyhohos said:

Damn, havent had this encounter yet but I full on agree with you. That is annoying as hell.

Also when your teammate dies early on it stays on the screen through the whole game. Rather annoying in squads to have a death skull in the blue across the map obstruct vision.

Domely    4
Posted (edited)

Ohhh yes! Had this problem in one of my last games as well!

The idea that they vanish after some time is okay, but it would be cool if you could activate them with a hotkey! This would be really nice, I think. 

Edited by Domely
  • Like 1