Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SENTY

FIX: How I Fixed the "lost connection to server bug" ..

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

NOT SURE WHERE TO POST THIS SO MOVE IT IF IT SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE ELSE

note: when i say the lost connection to server bug i mean the one where after you been playing for 10 minutes or so you suddenly cannot reload or open doors and then a few minutes later you get disconnected from the server. this might help the people who just cant get the game to work at all but ive not tested it.

So after some testing i found out that its updates to windows enhancing their firewall making it happen. The recent creators update  messes things up i think.

If you turn the firewall off totally it works great. but thats hardly a solution i wouldnt recommend leaving your firewall off permanently.

What i did was go into the windows firewall and create an outbound rule

here is a guide if your not into this stuff 

https://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to-create-advanced-firewall-rules-in-the-windows-firewall/

is a "public" network if you have to choose.

so go new rule, then program..

you have to locate the tslgame.exe  which for me was  %ProgramFiles% (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe

Then just allow it all for the rest and that should stop windows stopping it communicating with the server halfway through a game.

HTH 
SENTY

DEVS: Im not sure how windows firewall rules come about but the inbound rules for tcp and udp are perfect yet windows doesnt set up an outbound rule ?? is this something you can sort out in UPNP or something and patch it into the game ?

Edited by SENTY
2 people like this

can someone test it if it works for them please?

Posted (edited)

I just experienced this bug along with both of my team mates. One of them is still running the anniversary update. I asked him to check his firewall rules and it appears that the default rule created when you first run the game is missing. I checked my config and the rule is also missing so I'm going to suggest that the rule has been deleted for some reason. Possibly as part of the April security update for Windows 10 or an error caused by the game trying to recreate it. To be sure i would need to dig further but I really cba.

Edited by M3PH

so you only had inbound rules? and no outbound ?? 

when i say PNP im just guessing how an application tells windows what rules to set up, whatever mechanism that is it doesnt create an outbound rule

17 minutes ago, SENTY said:

so you only had inbound rules? and no outbound ?? 

Just checked and yeah only inbound rules. It seems when the game asked for the rule to be created it specified the wrong parameters and requested inbound rules be made. This is a security issue as no application should be specifying inbound rules unless it is a server (and even then it should be done with the admins permissions. This normally means the admin has to create them manually). Applications auto creating such rules when we have no idea what ports they are using is asking for everybody to get hacked. I advise you delete the inbound rules immediately.

Combine this with my pre-existing concerns about the call back the game makes every time the main menu loads (which does Geo location based on your IP along with some other things I can't determine) I think it might be time for Bluehole to come clean about what information they are farming off our machines and definitely do a security pass with the utmost urgency.

The geo locate is to determine which server is best to use NE EU etc.. i dont think thats unusual in a multi region game.

anyway thanks for your input its been difficult to fathom with a test size of 1 :D

No problem.

I did want to add, as a final note, that it is unusual when it checks it via port 443. If the end user has a network configuration that filters traffic through multiple gateways based on traffic type (say VPN tunnel and ISP tunnel. VPN only routes port 80 and 443. ISP gets everything else) you can see there is an issue with that. Most other steam games use either the game port or something similar to steamworks region detection which essentially asks steam where the users profile is located.

but 443 is most likely to be open and respond?

It's a server side issue, check their Twitter and leave your firewall alone.

6 minutes ago, Blahman said:

It's a server side issue, check their Twitter and leave your firewall alone.

Is this the tweet to which you are referring?:

We're looking into crash reports related to today's patch. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Please bare w/ us while we investigate.

well i had 100% disconnects before this and 100% reliability since this so whatever it works..  there should be an outbound firewall rule for this program..

there are many many bugs that have the symptom of disconnecting and this is a fix for one of them.

i don't know about the live servers as i hadn't played yet but i got this disconnect on test server every game and firewall was off, so the firewall fix is probably just a placebo, still a good thing to do and the only reason mine is off because i was to lazy to set up the rule for PUBG after last patch when things got laggy

Maybe placebo but after 3 straight disconnects at ~the same time when the first circle closes in since i have had 2 games work flawlessly. Will update this post if i get another lost connection.

Posted (edited)

20170421014846_1.thumb.jpg.3aa1d68e64ebb25f6379e7f9a8a04e71.jpg

Toutes mes parties ont fini comme ca !!!

Depuis 17H  Impossible de faire un Game entier >>> SERVER CRASH  DEPUIS la MISE A JOUR >>????

20170421005111_1.jpg

Edited by AM_RHAM

Posted (edited)

Bug Description:
Multiple times a day (but not every game) I get disconnected from server. When disconnect happens my duo partner is still in game playing and confirms server is still up. For 1-2 minutes I am able to move around in server but not interact with anything. But I can sometimes kill people (everyone for me continues moving in direciton they were moving when I disconnected). After that short period I get booted to title screen and see the attached image.

Date Seen:
4/20/17, 4/17/17, and previous dates but did not record when specifically

Server: 
Not Test server

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Yes:

Added exceptions in windows firewall for both TSLgame.exe and TslGame_BE.exe.

Disabled DDOS protection on router and changed NAT type to open (from secure) Router is a Netgear WNDR3700v5, ISP is Comcast.

Ran pingplotter during game. Had some packet loss against pingplotter.com (<.05% on 60 minute window, 4% at 60 sec window, 50% at 5 sec window at time of event). Note timing of this was slightly (~2min) after I got dc'd from server. 

Reinstalled game yesterday

Reset modem and router yesterday, note no disconnects yesterday but maybe coincidence?

Other Information:
Any other information you believe is relevant to the bug you're experiencing. 

Launch Options:

System Specifications:
See attached

connectCapture.PNG

connectCapture2.PNG

connectCapture3.PNG

Edited by chipokitty

1 hour ago, chipokitty said:

Bug Description:
Multiple times a day (but not every game) I get disconnected from server. When disconnect happens my duo partner is still in game playing and confirms server is still up. For 1-2 minutes I am able to move around in server but not interact with anything. But I can sometimes kill people (everyone for me continues moving in direciton they were moving when I disconnected). After that short period I get booted to title screen and see the attached image.

Date Seen:
4/20/17, 4/17/17, and previous dates but did not record when specifically

Server: 
Not Test server

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Yes:

Added exceptions in windows firewall for both TSLgame.exe and TslGame_BE.exe.

Disabled DDOS protection on router and changed NAT type to open (from secure) Router is a Netgear WNDR3700v5, ISP is Comcast.

Ran pingplotter during game. Had some packet loss against pingplotter.com (<.05% on 60 minute window, 4% at 60 sec window, 50% at 5 sec window at time of event). Note timing of this was slightly (~2min) after I got dc'd from server. 

Reinstalled game yesterday

Reset modem and router yesterday, note no disconnects yesterday but maybe coincidence?

Other Information:
Any other information you believe is relevant to the bug you're experiencing. 

Launch Options:

System Specifications:
See attached

connectCapture.PNG

connectCapture2.PNG

connectCapture3.PNG

Hello my friend, give this a go. :-) 

Four days ago, I was able to play with absolutely no problem. On April 16th, 2017 I have seen nothing but the loading screen after hitting the play button followed by this error: Connection timeout. 2.2.18. The update came out (April 20th, 2017) and I still unable to get into a game.

I have attempted every solution that I have come across, including the 33 pinned tips from the forum and a few other things from my knowledge as a I.T/Computer Science major. This is an extremely frustrating bug to encounter, which also makes the game completely unplayable.

Please fix. Please.

If anybody has a solution please contact me either through the forums or Twitch.tv/ZanorWoW  I just want to play the game...

20170420203407_1.jpg

I tried that solution as listed in first step of my troubleshooting. Sadly did not work. Currently trying with firewall disabled.

after not being able to start any match using my broadband connection for last 16 days I was able to start a single match by tempering with firewall! Thanks to @SENTY but yes I was able to start flawlessly every match if i used LTE tethered connection. so, i am not 100% what is causing this connection issue, I would like to request to devs and whoever else facing this issue and know well about firewall please find out any solution possible to make it playable using direct broadband line who are facing connectivity issue. Because i guess windows firewall is not letting us communicate with the game servers, for some it is halfway through a match and for someone like me it is totally unable to join a match.

Thanks in advance

1 person likes this

3 games and no disconnect when firewall disabled. I hope this continues to work, but kind of annoying to disable firewall just for 1 game.

Hi,

During a game, I couldn't open doors or loot after a few minutes, then I got this message.

Thank you

20170421173707_1.jpg

21 hours ago, chipokitty said:

3 games and no disconnect when firewall disabled. I hope this continues to work, but kind of annoying to disable firewall just for 1 game.

Never mind disable firewall does NOT work for my error, per my above bug report. New error message though, slightly. Same symptoms

connectCaptureeRROR2.PNG

Whenever i try to start a new match it shows me the proper loading screen but then continues to play the music while it says connecting and then boots me out back to the lobby saying lost connection to host 2.1.38 or connection timeout 2.2.18. does anyone have a solution to this or having the same problems? it was working fine about a week and a half ago