Optional

Rifle loot drop % nerfed?

Optional    60
Posted (edited)

Moderator comment (Hawkinz):

PLAYERUNKNOWN:
FYI The current loot balance is not intentional.
We will be looking into exactly what is happening on Monday and will have more info then. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friends and I played all night on the test server last night, and have been playing today on live. We can't. find. shit. Holy hell, what's going on here?

9 matches today... I found ONE m16. Otherwise I'm getting mini uzis and the odd hunting shotgun. Maybe a ump. Haven't seen the vector at all. And we're landing by the school, lipkova (I may butcher these spellings), primorsk.. PRIMORSK HAD NO ASSAULT RIFLES LOL.

Is this intended? Terrible RNG luck?

On the plus side, we're having closer ranged intense battles because everyone is running around with SMGs. Even people I loot have barely anything.

Edited by Hawkinz
added moderator response to top of post
  • Like 2

Frostywan    16
Posted (edited)

i've also noticed a decline in m4's and AK's but thats maybe how it should be ! with them possibly being more hard to find, it brings other guns to the light. Before you just ignored every gun except m416, m16, Scar and AK but now you may have to take a UMP instead. I see this as a really good change if its true! 

Edited by Frostywan
  • Like 3

Good, use skilled weapons rather than get an AR and your set for the whole game.

I would rather have it, SMG's and Pistols with Meeles in all spawns and loot powerful AR's and Machine guns and such from supply drops.

Make drops more frequent and put AR/Shotty/Snipers in them.

Frostywan    16
3 minutes ago, NoonTimeDrunk said:

Good, use skilled weapons rather than get an AR and your set for the whole game.

I would rather have it, SMG's and Pistols with Meeles in all spawns and loot powerful AR's and Machine guns and such from supply drops.

Make drops more frequent and put AR/Shotty/Snipers in them.

I would not say that a UMP requires more skill, its just two different playstyles that is needed, also nerfing all rifle spawns would probably lead to an increase in building campers, which i don't find positive. 

• Like 1

PandahSykes    76
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Frostywan said:

i've also noticed a decline in m4's and AK's but thats maybe how it should be ! with them possibly being more hard to find, it brings other guns to the light. Before you just ignored every gun except m416, m16, Scar and AK but now you may have to take a UMP instead. I see this as a really good change if its true! 

Except for the glaring fact That all smaller arms like over under shotgun , pump action shotgun  , revolver and p92 all suck ! Crossbow is better than before but damn these small arms all suck ass compared to the ar's and its not like it would be in real life ... maybe It's the lag but IMO these weapons are very inconsistent with their damage / range :

double barrel

pump action shotgun

magnum

p92

crossbow - please add a revolver crossbow so we don't have to reload every damn shot

uzi when single fired 

Edited by PandahSykes

Alin Ionut    3

ive played also entire day and ive noticed the same thing.the weapons are missing but there was one game and we entered in one house with 2 floors .on the first floor we found 2 akm with 90 bullets each and on the second floor we found 2 kar with a lots of bullets as well....maybe there is a glich somewere..

• Like 2

Frostywan    16
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PandahSykes said:

Except for the glaring fact That all smaller arms like over under shotgun , pump action shotgun  , revolver and p92 all suck ! Crossbow is better than before but damn these small arms all suck ass compared to the ar's and its not like it would be in real life ... maybe It's tenlat 

Different guns require different playstyles. And it doesn't help that the netcode is trash atm ! but if you are close enough they do the job! And regarding what they are in real life you have to take into account that this is a game, otherwise almost every gun would have killed you with 1 bullet in the chest 

Edited by Frostywan

Nomad    689
Posted (edited)

I agree with this 100% 

I was playing a few games, and the entire time, all the kills ranging from 6 kills to 11 kills I got throughout the matches I went to loot, tons of med supplies, 2 of them had rifles with paltry amounts of ammo. 

I am fine with changing around the amount of rifles that spawn, but it's just weird playing an entire match and the end game the last 10 people left alive I think me and one other dude had actual rifles, the rest had shotguns and umps or uzis, which just feels like I am getting cheap kills now because I got range and damage advantage. 

The Vector is decent thou, found it on one of the guys I killed in a match, had 40 rounds of ammo, couldn't find anymore. But it's a hell of a lot better than the ump or uzi I can say that much. 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

Nemesis    27
Posted (edited)

I always loved the UMP fully kitted out. That aside, loot has been dire since the patch dropped. Perhaps it was a little OP before, whole squad kitted out with ARs but now it's extreme opposite. Looting 3 houses and finding a pistol if you're lucky but loads of melee weapons. Had free reign of Rozhok earlier and out of the whole squad only one of us had an AR (with no attachments). One had only a shotgun, one with just a pistol. Haven't seen one AKM or SCAR tonight.

It seems to have created a new behaviour pattern: Far more buildings are being looted as people run and loot (highlighting the lack of loot being found). Even lone buildings are being looted that would normally be left. People appear to be much furthar from the play area with an increase in the number of people high tailing it to larger towns away from the plane, even very close to the play restriction starting. Also I've seen more building camping than normal. Plus a big fight for known vehicle spawns.

I personally don't like it. I'd rather see more people kitted out than more RNG on whether or not you have any way to defend yourself or play tactical. I'm all for balancing things out a little but the game overall plays much fairer with more loot rather than more of a lottery. As Nomad pointed out - to get an AR now feels unfair due to the huge range advantage.

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

Puppet    8
Posted (edited)

I have also noticed that the rifles aren't spawning as much. In fact I think that all the tier 2/3 loot has decreased. Especially in the main areas where it used to spawn a lot. I don't know if I like it or not. I understand why they would do it, but the fact is people have gotten so good with the rifles that at this point trying to take on a rifle with a pistol is pretty much a instant death. I'll support the decision either way really its just now instead of spending 10-15 minutes in the beginning looting/looking for my ideal loadout I'm going to be looking for a much longer time.

That being said, I think it might be a bit too big of a nerf to the rifle spawn rate.

Edited by Puppet

Nomad    689
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

I always loved the UMP fully kitted out. That aside, loot has been dire since the patch dropped. Perhaps it was a little OP before, whole squad kitted out with ARs but now it's extreme opposite. Looting 3 houses and finding a pistol if you're lucky but loads of melee weapons. Had free reign of Rozhok earlier and out of the whole squad only one of us had an AR (with no attachments). One had only a shotgun, one with just a pistol. Haven't seen one AKM or SCAR tonight.

It seems to have created a new behaviour pattern: Far more buildings are being looted as people run and loot (highlighting the lack of loot being found). Even lone buildings are being looted that would normally be left. People appear to be much furthar from the play area with an increase in the number of people high tailing it to larger towns away from the plane, even very close to the play restriction starting. Also I've seen more building camping than normal. Plus a big fight for known vehicle spawns.

I personally don't like it. I'd rather see more people kitted out than more RNG on whether or not you have any way to defend yourself or play tactical. I'm all for balancing things out a little but the game overall plays much fairer with more loot rather than more of a lottery. As Nomad pointed out - to get an AR now feels unfair due to the huge range advantage.

Exactly, the round I had a rifle (HK416) the end circles was out in the farmlands west of Gatka and I legitimately felt bad because I am shooting a rifle at 1000m to 300m or so at people with smgs and shotguns... I mean I still nailed the poor sods into the ground, but I can see this making the player base shrink or quit because they are not gonna wanna spend 30min in a match just to get nailed by someone lucky enough to get a rifle. 

Now I can see smgs and shotguns as the majority in end zones that end in one of the cities not being so bad, you can be smart and use close range to your advantage, but when it's out in the open fields there is no way you can win tactically with a damn shotgun or Uzi unless you are lucky enough to survive to the last 3 or 2 guys left and can get that close range. 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

frunction    22
Posted (edited)

To me it seems like if you go to a hot zone there's actually more guns than there used to be and the regular areas seem to have less.  I like it better as it punishes people with worse loot who go to safe areas for 20 minutes.

Edited by frunction

TheMan    1

I'm hoping it has something to do with their patch:

"Server Performance Improvements

Performance improvements have been made with relation to the items spawned in the world"

• Like 1

Optional    60
2 minutes ago, TheMan said:

I'm hoping it has something to do with their patch:

"Server Performance Improvements

Performance improvements have been made with relation to the items spawned in the world"

Where is this?

OzRecon    78
Posted (edited)

So they added in the vector, crossbow, 2x scope and ballistic mask. Loot spawns for everything else will be impacted. Personally I'd like to see the cosmetics removed and the crossbow should've remain gone unless it's now a short range, silent AWM equivalent. 

Mind you I did walk into a building with 3 AKs lying around. 

In retrospect I don't think my experience after the patch was much different to before. Perhaps the spawning of rifles was a little lower but i don't think so.

Edited by OzRecon

Mantis    39
Posted (edited)

Even high risk/high reward cities are completely fucked, Primorsk used to have insane good loot.   Now all you find is SMGs, Pistols, and clothing. 

And when you do actually find 1 single AR rifle after spitting through 500 buildings, you get a AR with 1 mag. 

Just watched a streamer, finds a level 3 vest.  

The rest?  

A Micro uzi, double barrel shotgun, lvl 1 backpack, lvl 1 helmet. All he could do was sit behind a rock trying to hide and hope for no one to find him because he could do fuck all with his weapons.  Not to mention he only had 40 bullets for his Uzi.  While theres 46 people left alive. 

Before the update when you couldn't find a decent weapon for a round, you were like ''mhhh whatever, 1 budget round, ill take it.''

Now every single damn round is a budget round.

I really don't want to spend 5 hours looting a million buildings just to end up with a UMP, followed by a 1 hit headshot by someone that does happen to find a actual rifle.  

Edited by Mantis

I feel like the loot got nerfed quite a bit but then again I really love using the shotgun especially early in the match. Its taking some time to get used to but its not so bad imo

Puppet    8
1 hour ago, OzRecon said:

Personally I'd like to see the cosmetics removed and the crossbow should've remain gone unless it's now a short range, silent AWM equivalent. 

I absolutely love the crossbow now, the power has been jacked up so high its amazing. Though I'm kinda the odd player that likes playing with those types of weapons just for fun.

MythoRbn    4

I played a several games yesterday, and i assure you that AR are more difficult to find BUT you can find a lot of them as well ... In Squad mode, 3 of 4 ppl got AR + shotgun or Uzi, and the last one got UMP + sound suppressor... All at least two level 2 gear (helmet/bag/plate)... But yeah the early game is much harder than before. I found only 1 vector and i get killed by one (dude i just get crushed that was brutal).

In my opinion, they adjusted loot spawn in a good way, this is way more balanced than before where everybody got M4 or M16 in like 2 minutes of looting... As a player who doesn't like to jump on hottest zones, i need now to loot my way and kill 1 or 2 ppl to get full stuff, and that's more interesting... (Before patch, jump where nobody is, get fully stuff in 4 houses and get sneaky to top 10 ez pz).

(Sorry for bad English)

Cheers

• Like 1

Anyone complaining about the lack of weapons are probably those who have come from the CoD side of the genre. 

To everyone coming from the Arma side it seems entirely normal that you don't just spawn somewhere and get geared within seconds.

Personally I would like really low ratio spawns for high end weapons. I'd also like to see the plane maybe avoiding high loot military locations meaning those who want the best gear need to put in the effort to get there.

Ultimately we all want a challenging game, and having lots of weapons scattered about the place does not help with that. I've read a few comments complaining about the loot, but ffs just learn to play the game as a whole rather than relying on high geared PvP.

(caveat:  I appreciate CoD is not the antithesis of Arma, and vice versa, but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from here)

Hurr    13
55 minutes ago, SurrenderMonkey said:

Anyone complaining about the lack of weapons are probably those who have come from the CoD side of the genre. 

To everyone coming from the Arma side it seems entirely normal that you don't just spawn somewhere and get geared within seconds.

Personally I would like really low ratio spawns for high end weapons. I'd also like to see the plane maybe avoiding high loot military locations meaning those who want the best gear need to put in the effort to get there.

Ultimately we all want a challenging game, and having lots of weapons scattered about the place does not help with that. I've read a few comments complaining about the loot, but ffs just learn to play the game as a whole rather than relying on high geared PvP.

(caveat:  I appreciate CoD is not the antithesis of Arma, and vice versa, but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from here)

This is more about the fact that its hit the lottery and win rather than being skillfull. As for arma matches, you literally don't have to waste your time. This is the game where it was fast pace and that is what caught people's attention. The skill based game play is taken away because now if you have the lower teir gear you are gaurentee'd to be fucked. All weapons in this is situational. No one wants to have the shit luck of having the circle close while they only have a shotgun and pistol with only one energy drink while fighting people with full gear ar shooting them down 150m away. There is nothing to learn in that situation. You're running in a field either getting fucked by the circle or getting fucked because of lack of options with weapons. I'd rather be outplayed by another player rather than being outplayed by the game itself. As for your mentality about CoD. People arn't coming from CoD. People just have common sense and know that having RNG on this level isn't even close to being a fair game to those who get fucked for 10 games in a row just because they spent 20 minutes looking for something that just doesn't come in thier path. Or if they get fucked because someone manages to find the magic house with that one weapon and fucks every body who doesn't get so lucky.

hitem    133

Imo its a good development when you dont instantly get 3 ARs in the same house.
This is BattleRoyale and not a competative counterstrike/overwatch where everyone have the same loadouts.
The RNG is part of the charm and if you repeat your playstyle enough you will find out that its more about skill and knowledge then its about who finds what in the first 5min.
So this comes as a positive surprise for me!

• Like 2

Dpan    0

It wouldnt be as much of a problem when the game actually allows for different play styles based on the weapons. For example when carrying lighter weapons you should gain in movement abilities, speed, shooting while moving, ability to sneak better, more relevant covered areas etc. But currently the game really focusses for the most part on outdoor ranged fighting so increasing the RNG factor like this does not improve the experience imho.