Optional

Rifle loot drop % nerfed?

95 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Feels a little lower, but not a lot, as the other poster said a few above it could just be the extra items that were added to the loot table pushing the % chance of a rifle spawn down.

If I had to make up imaginary numbers I'd say 1 in 4 houses had a rifle prepatch and maybe 1 in 6 post patch.

edit: to be clear RNG is still the main factor, ive searched villages before with nothing but a shotgun and pistol at the end, and post patch ive looted a t3 backpack, lvl3 helm and vest and a rifle and 4x all in the space of two 1story houses.

Edited by havocide

30 minutes ago, hitem said:

Imo its a good development when you dont instantly get 3 ARs in the same house.
This is BattleRoyale and not a competative counterstrike/overwatch where everyone have the same loadouts.
The RNG is part of the charm and if you repeat your playstyle enough you will find out that its more about skill and knowledge then its about who finds what in the first 5min.
So this comes as a positive surprise for me!

A casual setting is what destroys a game, so if they appeal to the style of "No skill" and "No Knowledge" you will have what you wanted and the game will be reduced by more than 3/4 th the community and you will wonder to yourself "Why doesn't anyone play this game anymore" If you don't believe this happens at all, take a look at the culling.

1 person likes this

Just now, Hurr said:

A casual setting is what destroys a game, so if they appeal to the style of "No skill" and "No Knowledge" you will have what you wanted and the game will be reduced by more than 3/4 th the community and you will wonder to yourself "Why doesn't anyone play this game anymore" If you don't believe this happens at all, take a look at the culling.

that escalated quickly.
i would rather say that people who assume that you should get an AR and fully kitted in the 2 first houses you visit have been mistaken from the start and you are playing the game for the wrong reasons - its all about survival.
Have you even watched the movie BattleRoyale ?
its suppose to be deathmatch brawl with VARIOUS items and VARIOUS playstyles. Thats the whole deal - And then some risk vs reward on approaching dropcrates and similar.
Anyhow, the numbers you are referring to is based upon what? your personal opinion?

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Hurr said:

Living up to your username, durr

Just now, hitem said:

that escalated quickly.
i would rather say that people who assume that you should get an AR and fully kitted in the 2 first houses you visit have been mistaken from the start and you are playing the game for the wrong reasons - its all about survival.
Have you even watched the movie BattleRoyale ?
its suppose to be deathmatch brawl with VARIOUS items and VARIOUS playstyles. Thats the whole deal - And then some risk vs reward on approaching dropcrates and similar.
Anyhow, the numbers you are referring to is based upon what? your personal opinion?

Not saying that the first two houses you need to be geared out but a simple "Not get fucked because of RNG loot" would be nice. As for the movie battle royale thats different than a game? The purpose of this game is to be competitive. You raise a competitive environment, then you raise a community dedicated to learning how to play. They learn how to play then they stick to the game. You make a game base off of luck, noob friendly mechanics and no technique. Well then you have a bunch of people who spent a long time learning the game and ditching it till they "Pray that it gets fixed" and another side of people who gets the better end of the update because they have an easier time. Then its not too long till they realized "Oh this is too easy, im pretty bored now". The reason this game got popular was many reasons, but the main reason for thousands of people i'm sure are because of the consistent combat in which they felt they ALL had access to. But atm this nerf leaves too much room for that one guy to get lucky and fuck everyone up who doesn't have any loot. And im basing my numbers off of culling. Short story it was popular like this, they had a perfect game at least 12k players increasing at the start of it. then went down hill with various updates that made the game noob friendly. Now they removed their steam charts because its less than 150 players a day split between regions.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Hurr said:

Not saying that the first two houses you need to be geared out but a simple "Not get fucked because of RNG loot" would be nice. As for the movie battle royale thats different than a game? The purpose of this game is to be competitive. You raise a competitive environment, then you raise a community dedicated to learning how to play. They learn how to play then they stick to the game. You make a game base off of luck, noob friendly mechanics and no technique. Well then you have a bunch of people who spent a long time learning the game and ditching it till they "Pray that it gets fixed" and another side of people who gets the better end of the update because they have an easier time. Then its not too long till they realized "Oh this is too easy, im pretty bored now". The reason this game got popular was many reasons, but the main reason for thousands of people i'm sure are because of the consistent combat in which they felt they ALL had access to. But atm this nerf leaves too much room for that one guy to get lucky and fuck everyone up who doesn't have any loot. And im basing my numbers off of culling. Short story it was popular like this, they had a perfect game at least 12k players increasing at the start of it. then went down hill with various updates that made the game noob friendly. Now they removed their steam charts because its less than 150 players a day split between regions.

I disagree with you sir.
The highend competative players are usually the minority in any gaming community. In the mmo-world (that has been around since the 90's) its always less then 1% that are in it for the competative side), same goes for fps, rts etc etc. the rest plays it because its a game for entertainment.
Anyhow, lets talk about what you said: The game has RNG elements and thats not the same as you call it, "luck". RNG has a charm to it and keeps the variability alive.You shouldnt end up with the same loadouts every round and you should be able to adapt, thats the whole point of this game. And i argue that this will even make the lifespan of this game longer and replayability. I also argue that the more variables you have and the more variety, the longer it takes to learn. Noob friendly as you claim the updates to be i instead claim its the oposit, they have made the game more competitive and more focused on skill and surviveability. The changes you want above, that you basicly have Loadout1 (containing bodyarmor, AR with ammo, helmet and a bag within X amount of houses) is the casual approach and would make the game less skillbase and all about just shooting bullets. Then we could, with your logic, just give everyone a static loadout at start instead and remove the lootinghassle. IMO the looting and tactics around it just extends the game, the fun and the competitive side.

I personally have been playing competitive since 99' in all the games ive played, the competitive players are the minority, never forget this.

Anyhow, relating to the charts and "150 players split between regions" must be 1 april joke that is 20 days to late?
http://steamcharts.com/app/578080

Edited by hitem
spelling
2 people like this

Again the problem is not so much that the loot has changed, the problem is more that a lot of the loot is inferior and lacking game-mechanics to make them more viable. 

I feel like this nerf is ruining the game, spend 15 minutes in Pochinki yesterday in duo and barely find a riffle. RNG is the worst thing that can happen to a game and I hope the loot chances will be back to a decent %.

Just now, hitem said:

I disagree with you sir.
The highend competative players are usually the minority in any gaming community. In the mmo-world (that has been around since the 90's) its always less then 1% that are in it for the competative side). the rest plays it because its a game for entertainment.
Anyhow, lets talk about what you said: The game has RNG elements and thats not the same as you call it, "luck". RNG has a charm to it and keeps the variability alive.You shouldnt end up with the same loadouts every round and you should be able to adapt, thats the whole point of this game. And i argue that this will even make the lifespan of this game longer and replayability. I also argue that the more variables you have and the more variety, the longer it takes to learn. Noob friendly as you claim the updates to be i instead claim its the oposit, they have made the game more competitive and more focused on skill and surviveability. The changes you want above, that you basicly have Loadout1 (containing bodyarmor, AR with ammo, helmet and a bag within X amount of houses) is the casual approach and would make the game less skillbase and all about just shooting bullets. Then we could, with your logic, just give everyone a static loadout at start instead and remove the lootinghassle. IMO the looting and tactics around it just extends the game, the fun and the competitive side.

I personally have been playing competitive since 99' in all the games ive played, the competitive players are the minority, never forget this.

Anyhow, relating to the charts and "150 players split between regions" must be 1 april joke that is 20 days to late?
http://steamcharts.com/app/578080

1. This is not a mmo

2. RNG does not mean variability it means fuck it pray for the best

3. Competitive players are majority of any gaming community that involves versing each other.

4. This game has the same potential as counter strike (Which has been alive for over 15 years now BECAUSE IT WAS COMPETITIVE)

Your kidding me right? This update is MORE Skill based? How is being put into an open field with only a shotgun a energy drink and 25 shells with level 1 armor no helmet against 9 other people with full ar 4x scope shooting you from 150m skill based. That is literally like telling me oh i brang a knife to a gun fight i'm going to run at you from a mile away and manage to kill you.  

Just now, Skyze said:

I feel like this nerf is ruining the game, spend 15 minutes in Pochinki yesterday in duo and barely find a riffle. RNG is the worst thing that can happen to a game and I hope the loot chances will be back to a decent %.

People like hitem enjoy having luck play out more than skill. So people like him will be the downfall of this game.

Also that charts you posted. I was talking about the culling. Not battle grounds. Thanks for actually reading something. (Total sarcasm.)

4 minutes ago, Hurr said:

1. This is not a mmo

2. RNG does not mean variability it means fuck it pray for the best

3. Competitive players are majority of any gaming community that involves versing each other.

4. This game has the same potential as counter strike (Which has been alive for over 15 years now BECAUSE IT WAS COMPETITIVE)

Your kidding me right? This update is MORE Skill based? How is being put into an open field with only a shotgun a energy drink and 25 shells with level 1 armor no helmet against 9 other people with full ar 4x scope shooting you from 150m skill based. That is literally like telling me oh i brang a knife to a gun fight i'm going to run at you from a mile away and manage to kill you.  

1. Read again, i stated FPS, RTS and MMO (i can even mention a few more if you want).
2. The whole game is not RNG, hence the "some RNG" - But you think everything is "LUCK" and "RNG" - and now even praying?
3. No, this is a simple lie - Competative players (which is the top 1% of any rankings and people who could actually, or are actually, making a living out of it) is the minorty. You however are thinking that competative = a person who likes to play PVP (player vs player). This is not true. And if you dont understand the difference then im sorry - i will not be your englishteacher.
4. This game is not trying to be counterstrike. And i find it very childish and naiv to start throwing around childish statement about lifespans when this game havent even got out of EA - and it reached 104k players (record) the last 24h. Counterstrike have also release several updates and followups since its release.
But i find it funny you want this to be a FPS counterstrike clone - and compairing aples with bananas. This is NOT counterstrike, This is NOT the same type of game and this will never try to become a e-sport.

You are kidding me right? You are exaggerating a lot my friend, first from "only 150 players play this game cross all regions" to "shoot from a mile away when i only have a knife".
Being able to survive with a shotgun and energy drinks while you fend of (or snreak past) 9 others peoples and win the round is VERY skill based and depends 100% upon your knowledge and experience  = Not everyone can do it, casual people will probably die instantly while a competitive survivalist will make it out alive. Pick your fights, be smart, win the round. Shooting is secondary in this game. PU (the developer) even said this himself and he said he even want to see more playstyles that can bring you to victory w/o even engaging in shootouts.

2 people like this

Just now, hitem said:

1. Read again, i stated FPS, RTS and MMO (i can even mention a few more if you want).
2. The whole game is not RNG, hence the "some RNG" - But you think everything is "LUCK" and "RNG" - and now even praying?
3. No, this is a simple lie - Competative players (which is the top 1% of any rankings and people who could actually, or are actually, making a living out of it) is the minorty. You however are thinking that competative = a person who likes to play PVP (player vs player). This is not true. And if you dont understand the difference then im sorry - i will not be your englishteacher.
4. This game is not trying to be counterstrike. And i find it very childish and naiv to start throwing around childish statement about lifespans when this game havent even got out of EA - and it reached 104k players (record) the last 24h. Counterstrike have also release several updates and followups since its release.
But i find it funny you want this to be a FPS counterstrike clone - and compairing aples with bananas. This is NOT counterstrike, This is NOT the same type of game and this will never try to become a e-sport.

You are kidding me right? You are exaggerating a lot my friend, first from "only 150 players play this game cross all regions" to "shoot from a mile away when i only have a knife".
Being able to survive with a shotgun and energy drinks while you fend of (or snreak past) 9 others peoples and win the round is VERY skill based and depends 100% upon your knowledge and experience  = Not everyone can do it, casual people will probably die instantly while a competitive survivalist will make it out alive. Pick your fights, be smart, win the round. Shooting is secondary in this game. PU (the developer) even said this himself and he said he even want to see more playstyles that can bring you to victory w/o even engaging in shootouts.

I can already tell your whole mentality revolves around a casual stand point. And then trying to justify yourself by believing that those possibilities can apply to everyone makes yourself in more denial. From the fact that you still refuse to read what i'm reading, all the way to the  fact that you are still trying to refer back to your personal "I understand what competitive games are" Its pretty obvious you are the stubborn type who will let the game die due to your own selfish desires and expectations for this game. But hey, you go ahead and keep striving for the wrong direction of competitive games and see the results of what happens when what you expect occurs.

2 minutes ago, Hurr said:

I can already tell your whole mentality revolves around a casual stand point. And then trying to justify yourself by believing that those possibilities can apply to everyone makes yourself in more denial. From the fact that you still refuse to read what i'm reading, all the way to the  fact that you are still trying to refer back to your personal "I understand what competitive games are" Its pretty obvious you are the stubborn type who will let the game die due to your own selfish desires and expectations for this game. But hey, you go ahead and keep striving for the wrong direction of competitive games and see the results of what happens when what you expect occurs.

As you cant have a normal discussion and/or come with sources, constructive feedback or grasp the concept that this game is not a FPS shooter with 150 peoples across all regions ive made this graph for you.
This is the CORE feature of this game and what everything evolves around
acT7a4y.jpg
If you dont like games like this, then PUBG is not for you.

2 people like this

Just now, hitem said:

As you cant have a normal discussion and/or come with sources, constructive feedback or grasp the concept that this game is not a FPS shooter with 150 peoples across all regions ive made this graph for you.
This is the CORE feature of this game and what everything evolves around
acT7a4y.jpg
If you dont like games like this, then PUBG is not for you.

You are still not reading are you. Lol. Poor you.

Posted (edited)

I personnaly agree a lot with @hitem this is how to play in PUGS, not just run, find a gun, camp, shoot and win. 

With this new patch, if you want to survive, you have to think twice before due an action when you have only a 1911 for exemple, but you can make it. 

Edited by Swagollum
2 people like this

2 hours ago, Hurr said:

This game is so far from competitive its not even worth explaining all the reasons why.

Go play OW, csgo, lol, dota, sc2, ect for competitive.

I also have to agree with @hitem in most parts. The game definitely becomes more skill based if you do not always find an AR early on (or at all). To be fair, also @Hurr made some points as I do agree that a too big nerf on the frequency of items can affect the game in a negative way.

Hitem you actually misunderstood him about the 150 people. He was referring to a game called "The Culling" which is a melee based BR game. It had a huge potential and growing numbers but, as hurr already mentioned, it died due to being frequently patched with changes that made the game more noob friendly and less skill based. The number of 150 people playing per day is actually right, I have seen 50 people being online on EU in the prime time... BUT what hurr got wrong (imo) is that PUBG just made changes that affect the game the other way round. With less ARs spawning the game does not become noob friendlier but a lot more skill based.

Just wanted to try to clear things up since there have been some misunderstandings between you guys. Please try to stay friendly and do not escalate over this topic as we are only here to discuss how we feel with the changes and overall have to see what the devs want.

Cheers

2 people like this

I'm not sure why people try and defend rng. The game went from about ~30% luck to ~60% luck at the start of the game. The nerfs have promoted a lot more building camping. Not getting lucky with an AR puts you at a massive disadvantage and makes you camp buildings because you have no range. In my experience ~75% of end game circles end out in the open with a few trees or rocks. How is it fun to make it there and only have smgs or shotguns and then die to someone with an AR/sniper? How is it challenging when you have the AR and come up against someone with smgs or shotguns on a circle like that? Surviving with a shotgun and energy drinks requires a lot of luck and some skill. Just because you have the knowledge and tactics to survive a long time with just those weapons doesn't mean you won't get shot from 100m+ out and die. You cant predict the movements of 99 other players no matter how smart you are.

My friend and I were playing last night and had the same issue. It's annoying.

I was only able to get 3 games in last night.  Quality loot felt very low.   I found tons of stuff just not much in the way of rifles.  

I played 5 solo rounds last night and didn't notice have any problems finding an AR. In one round I got taken out quick by a guy with an AKM, but the other 4 rounds I was able to find an AKM, SKS or Scar within the first few houses.

Last 20 rounds I played most of 4 rounds I found AR in first 10min. Rest i got from kills. Ye loot is much more rare from aids to boosters to weapons 

Since the patch i havent had trouble getting a assualt rifle (akm or ar) usually before first circle starts to shrink. I do agree the spawn feels less. I am not walking over mutiple extra rifles but i am still finding 200+ rounds of ammo which makes me feel like people need to adjust their strats to better suit the meta of the game. If it feels like nothing spawned, dont force it just move on, bad rng usually means a honey hole right around the corner. I dont settle for the first loot spot always keep moving, kill other players and take their stuff. Instead of being upset you didnt get "lucky" with a rifle spawn apply some skill and knowledge to outplay your opponent. If you loose, what can you do to get better with that "crap" weapon (not a rifle, but still fires bullets). Ive peppered someone with akm and died and one shot someone with a p92 pistol in the head. Not everything is a even trade with odds 50-50 to each player. This is still battle royale incase people forgot, cant just zerg the map with the best gun because there is not only your strategy but other players making theirs. I hope this is tuned to make guns like these easy to find by the end of the game but I dont think players should expect first house to have everything they need.

Weird. I've been able to find a decent weapon all matches.