Optional

Rifle loot drop % nerfed?

Hurr    13
7 hours ago, V1k1n6 said:

OP rifles ... /facepalm

Now it's whoever finds the AR first can kill everyone in the whole town because everyone else has just a pistol.

The guy who enjoys not having rifles obviously are the people who get whipped 10 mins into the game because they don't know how to handle rifles. 

Jman5681    0
1 minute ago, Hurr said:

The guy who enjoys not having rifles obviously are the people who get whipped 10 mins into the game because they don't know how to handle rifles. 

exactly.  guys couldnt win in an AR vs AR battle so they complained.  they're happy about the update because they're getting lucky and finding ARs and destroying.  its simple.  

Hurr    13
Just now, Jman5681 said:

exactly.  guys couldnt win in an AR vs AR battle so they complained.  they're happy about the update because they're getting lucky and finding ARs and destroying.  its simple.  

It's simple, they want a noob friendly game because they can't handle a competitive scene. People like that ruin ideas for dev's because all they want is an easier game.

Sab3rr    4

Also agree loot drops are broken atm and take away from the skill gap, making rng more of a factor. Please buff AR spawns!

iddqd    21
On 20.4.2017 at 9:19 PM, Optional said:

On the plus side, we're having closer ranged intense battles because everyone is running around with SMGs. Even people I loot have barely anything.

This! :)  love it!

iddqd    21
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jman5681 said:

2 hours ago, Hurr said:

It's simple, they want a noob friendly game because they can't handle a competitive scene. People like that ruin ideas for dev's because all they want is an easier game.

You do know that this statement can be turned around 180 and be thrown back at you?  "All the campers hiding in bushes 500metres away with their ARs, just waiting for someone to come by, now suddenly have to fight close and use brain and movement and tactics and actually have to adapt to the situation they are being put into right from the start. ;)

edit: actually, i do believe it will be tuned towards more AR spawns again, but not like it was before.

Edited by iddqd

Hurr    13
Just now, iddqd said:

You do know that this statement can be turned around 180 and be thrown back at you?  "All the campers hiding in bushes 500metres away with their ARs, just waiting for someone to come by, now suddenly have to fight close and use brain and movement and tactics and actually have to adapt to the situation they are being put into right from the start. ;)

edit: actually, i do believe it will be tuned towards more AR spawns again, but not like it was before.

Thing is, i'm trying to get a balance. You want to be put into situations where you're blantantly at a disadvantage. So no it can't be turned around on me since what i strive for is a fight where everyone is at the same standards. And people were already using tactics movements their brain and adapting to the situation? Just on the same playing field where everyone that made it to top ten actually had loot that didn't put them at a disadvantage. Your comment is void.

Googles    2

Drop percentage definitely needs a buff. They need to find a middle ground. Not enough rifles now

• Like 1

iddqd    21
2 minutes ago, Hurr said:

Thing is, i'm trying to get a balance. You want to be put into situations where you're blantantly at a disadvantage. So no it can't be turned around on me since what i strive for is a fight where everyone is at the same standards. And people were already using tactics movements their brain and adapting to the situation? Just on the same playing field where everyone that made it to top ten actually had loot that didn't put them at a disadvantage. Your comment is void.

true,  i do like the challenge. i dont want to be the one with the AR who kills lesser armed people :)  

yeah, i shouldnt have quoted you, it was more about the top quote, i am sorry.

Its just that people want it the way it was before the patch and i dont think it was that perfect.  i also think there should not be any hotspots because of loot, but because you like the scenerey there.  i like the school and all the other big indoor buildings for their great shootouts. of course they wouldnt happen if their is only one gun. 

Dexx    0

Looting the whole game.

Only close fights with smgs.

More camping because off no rifles.

And if you are good equipped you have no good  Duels.

Now tell me where is the fun? I have 200hr playtime and it was realy fun to play but now im out. At the moment its boring to play.

Oldspunk    28
Posted (edited)

i`m not such a good player, but i find rifles 80 to 90% of my rounds. The game is about dealing with situations you find. It´s the same for all and in the long run it equals out.
You always argue with competetive gameplay and complain  about RNG. Poker is played competetive, there are world champinsships. Have you ever heard a player saying: give erverybody the same or nearly the same cards?

Battle Royale is a bit like that. And its not more noobish if you have less loot. It´s different. It´s not: let us all have the same weapons and have a shoot out. It´s also about: make the best out of, what you find and handle it, the best you can. A better player will always win more in the long run than a less skilled player. Doesnt´matter, if there is much or less loot. The devs put the focus slightly on another point, than equal out everything. And by the way: if  i can find rifles most of the time, you can also.

18 minutes ago, Dexx said:

More camping because off no rifles.

Don´t get that. People are moving more not less in order to find weapons, or not?

Edited by Oldspunk
  • Like 2

Dexx    0

some people are moving more thats true and than you have realy shit duels with smg thats what im looking for lol. that make no sense and it makes no fun too. i want fair and good duels and not looting the whole game or camping the whole game.

Z1nc    16

I'm not sure if it has been changed at all. I found 5 Ak's in 3 buildings in my last match I played and i've played roughly 20 matches since the patch and have been fully geared with a rifle in all of them.

Hawkinz    792
PLAYERUNKNOWN:
FYI The current loot balance is not intentional.
We will be looking into exactly what is happening on Monday and will have more info then. 

• Like 1

Chibbs    114
1 hour ago, Oldspunk said:

i`m not such a good player, but i find rifles 80 to 90% of my rounds. The game is about dealing with situations you find. It´s the same for all and in the long run it equals out.
You always argue with competetive gameplay and complain  about RNG. Poker is played competetive, there are world champinsships. Have you ever heard a player saying: give erverybody the same or nearly the same cards?

Battle Royale is a bit like that. And its not more noobish if you have less loot. It´s different. It´s not: let us all have the same weapons and have a shoot out. It´s also about: make the best out of, what you find and handle it, the best you can. A better player will always win more in the long run than a less skilled player. Doesnt´matter, if there is much or less loot. The devs put the focus slightly on another point, than equal out everything. And by the way: if  i can find rifles most of the time, you can also.

Don´t get that. People are moving more not less in order to find weapons, or not?

That is exactly how I think about it too. This game is BATLLE ROYALE. It is not intended for everyone to have the same loadout. Why don't you guys get that?

3 hours ago, Hurr said:

So no it can't be turned around on me since what i strive for is a fight where everyone is at the same standards.

Go play CoD, Battlefield, CS:GO or whatever other shooter you want that has everyone at the "same standards". Now don't get me wrong, I agree that the current spawnrate might be a bit too low but to insist that "RNG kills the game because everyone has to have the same" is simply not what Battle Royale is about, please do not forget this.

1 hour ago, Dexx said:

some people are moving more thats true and than you have realy shit duels with smg thats what im looking for lol. that make no sense and it makes no fun too. i want fair and good duels and not looting the whole game or camping the whole game.

Calling CQB-fights with smg's and shotguns "shit duels" is pretty one-sided. Maybe you consider it less fun, others think that treehugging sniper-duels are boring. You have to understand that all of it is part of this game and you will eventually have to fight CQB from time to time, same as we all have to face people over higher distances. The mixture of it is what makes it fun. Having to adapt to the situation is what makes it fun. This is by no means a generic shooter....

• Like 2

Mantis    39
29 minutes ago, Hawkinz said:

PLAYERUNKNOWN:
FYI The current loot balance is not intentional.
We will be looking into exactly what is happening on Monday and will have more info then. 

Where is this from? 

PLAYERUNKNOWN:
PSA: i have seen 250 turtles fly across the sky. 

Can u linkkkkk please? 

Hawkinz    792
13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Where is this from? 

He posted it in an official PUBG discord channel.

I can't provide a screenshot right now, but they can also be doctored :P 

Please be assured that the quote itself is directly from PLAYERUNKNOWN, the creative director of PUBG.

As I'm a moderator of the official PUBG forums, I hope  you can respect that I wouldn't misquote or make up a quote from PLAYERUNKNOWN.

I can assure you that the quote I gave is a quote, verbatim from PLAYERUNKNOWN himself.

• Like 1

Mantis    39
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hawkinz said:

He posted it in a discord channel.

I can't provide a screenshot right now, but they can also be doctored :P 

Please be assured that the quote itself is directly from PLAYERUNKNOWN, the creative director of PUBG.

As I'm a moderator of the official PUBG forums, I hope  you can respect that I wouldn't misquote or make up a quote from PLAYERUNKNOWN. I can assure you that quote I gave is a quote, verbatim from PLAYERUNKNOWN himself.

Yeah no worries, i feel yah.   

Its good news to me. 

I was just asking for sharing purposes as some of my friends have been extremely pissed off and ragequitted multiple times.  

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Hawkinz    792
Just now, Mantis said:

Yeah no worries, i feel yah.   

Good news, i was just asking for sharing purposes as some of my friends have been extremely pissed off and ragequitted multiple times.  

Yeah fair enough mate! Nothing wrong with asking for sources.

I can guarantee you its a bug. 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

some of my friends have been extremely pissed off

me too