Courage

FPS drops after 4/20 patch

20 posts in this topic

Many of my friends and I were looking forward to the new update for the performance upgrades, which granted in cities is MUCH better, however out in the open when before we were seeing 60+ fps now we are getting 20 and dropping them all the time. The only change I see that could cause this is the increased foliage, it has become incredibly dense. The foliage on low now looks like it did before on high which is very annoying for some of us that don't have the best PC's. Please change the foliage back or just remove the option at all, I realize it's a balancing problem but the game was fun and playable before and just isn't at all right now. I have put nearly 100 hours into the game already and have to stop playing it altogether.

TLDR: Could play before the patch by avoiding cities, now can only play in cities because the foliage is causing major frame rate issues.

3 people like this

Agree, I can't play at all I may hit 50 frames in some areas but on average my FPS went from about 30, to 20.... I don't see any optimization here. Even in the lobby I get less fps than before. I also did more to improve the performance on my own rig. Lol......

1 hour ago, Delta said:

What are your PC specs?

@Courage

@Fourbz

Running a pretty old rig CPU: AMD FX - 6300 3.5Mhz, 16 gig of DDR3, GPU: XFX RX480

19 minutes ago, Courage said:

Running a pretty old rig CPU: AMD FX - 6300 3.5Mhz, 16 gig of DDR3, GPU: XFX RX480

Maybe you should upgrade your computer then? The CPU is what is hindering your performance. You could try overclocking and it will help you out.

Unfortunately same here 10-20fps down on before patch. Lobby was 75fps locked which is what I capped it to. Have tried deleting all configuration files, all graphics modes low to ultra and combinations and windowed and full screen. Can't get the fps back.

i76700k @4.6GHz

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X - Latest driver 381.65

16gb Memory DDR4 3200

Ultra wide resolution 3440 X 1440

Posted (edited)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.170303-1614)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM

Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series

Sometimes my fps is ok and sometimes not. Any firefight in a town is almost an immediate drop in fps. Sometimes with only one person shooting at me I drop to a stutter and am useless. Game ran fine before the patch... now it's nearly unplayable which is silly considering my build

Edited by Itz RobD

Same here, I love seeing the grass right now but i am getting very low fps.

2 hours ago, Flosstradamus said:

Maybe you should upgrade your computer then? The CPU is what is hindering your performance. You could try overclocking and it will help you out.

I'm aware it's outdated, however read the original post. Over 60+ fps outside cities before the patch. It isn't just my pc causing the problem.

I got a 

i5 6400 @ 2,7 GHz (4CPUs)

16GB RAM (dont know how to check which DDR?)

Geforce GTX 750 Ti

If anyone knows, please tell me what is causing low FPS on this sytem. What could i upgrade(/overclock) to get great fps?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32710MB RAM

Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series

I drop to 7 fps and I don't understand why with my specs

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Courage said:

I have a similar rig, I still achieve decent FPS. I've changed my resolution and graphics to ensure that I get the best FPS. You might not like it, but try changing your resolution to 1440-XXX. Also, have you put in the launch code?

Will respond shortly with a more detailed answer for all comments. 

Edited by Delta

Is it still viable to use the launch options even after the update?

Which launch options do u guys recommend??

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Courage said:

Many of my friends and I were looking forward to the new update for the performance upgrades, which granted in cities is MUCH better, however out in the open when before we were seeing 60+ fps now we are getting 20 and dropping them all the time. The only change I see that could cause this is the increased foliage, it has become incredibly dense. The foliage on low now looks like it did before on high which is very annoying for some of us that don't have the best PC's. Please change the foliage back or just remove the option at all, I realize it's a balancing problem but the game was fun and playable before and just isn't at all right now. I have put nearly 100 hours into the game already and have to stop playing it altogether.

TLDR: Could play before the patch by avoiding cities, now can only play in cities because the foliage is causing major frame rate issues.

Just looking at the information supplied here i smell some bullshit.
Please post a video where you are getting 20fps when you are out in the wilds please.
The new foliage addition is not putting much more load on your system and you should not be running a resolution larger then 1920x1080 with that system (and with viewdistance medium or less). AMD is known for not having the power to deliver or compaire to intel in the CPU-cycles. Ryzen however is said to be the one who does - but has failed to delivered to - but thats a software thing where developers havent optimized for that one yeat.

So please, provide me with following:
1. Video with fps counter of a whole BR round (one with high settings and one with low settings)
2. Dxdiag (start -> run -> dxdiag
3. MSinfo (start -> run -> msinfo32)
Edit: Run the game w/o launch options ALWAYS

From there i will be able to tell whats causing the issue for you, but then again. 20 fps sounds like a number pulled out of a potato

Edited by hitem

4 minutes ago, hitem said:

Please post a video where you are getting 20fps when you are out in the wilds please.
The new foliage addition is not putting much more load on your system and you should not be running a resolution larger then 1920x1080 with that system (and with viewdistance medium or less). AMD is known for not having the power to deliver or compaire to intel in the CPU-cycles. Ryzen however is said to be the one who does - but has failed to delivered to - but thats a software thing where developers havent optimized for that one yeat.

So please, provide me with following:
1. Video with fps counter of a whole BR round (one with high settings and one with low settings)
Edit: Run the game w/o launch options ALWAYS

From there i will be able to tell whats causing the issue for you, but then again. 20 fps sounds like a number pulled out of a potato

Are you trying to turn the thread into an Intel vs AMD argument, if so stop, this is an honest thread looking for improvements. You can try and help or you can fuck off. I will get you that info and prove it to you, maybe try wording your post in a less passive aggressive way.

Just now, Courage said:

Are you trying to turn the thread into an Intel vs AMD argument, if so stop, this is an honest thread looking for improvements. You can try and help or you can fuck off. I will get you that info and prove it to you, maybe try wording your post in a less passive aggressive way.

How can you, for the love of the potato, turn this into me saying its AMD vs INTEL ?
Im simply telling you how the market is and how the development is going for the CPU you have chosen (which is an old AMD).

AND then i follow up with several steps on how you can help us to even see your issues and locate the issue, after that i state that i can solve the issue for you if the said information is supplied.

But no, you instead want to start some drama shit and swearing?
Ok... as i thought... if you want help, then do it properly and show some appreciation.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, hitem said:

12 hours ago, Courage said:

I'm starting it? The first sentence in your post is aggressive. Also you are talking as if I don't know my CPU is out of date and inefficient, I don't need a lecture on the new Ryzen architecture and how Intel is superior, you started to explain to me like I'm some ignorant kid making a crying complaint post. I don't know if your parents ever taught you, but respect needs to be given before it's received. Also read the post I was getting decent FPS before the change, it may not be the foliage but that is the only obvious change. There are also a lot of streamers having less overall fps than before, with the only obvious reason AGAIN being the foliage.

Edited by Courage

1 minute ago, Courage said:

I'm starting it? The first sentence in your post is aggressive. Also you are talking as if I don't know my CPU is out of date and inefficient, I don't need a lecture on the new Ryzen architecture and how Intel is superior, you started to explain to me like I'm some ignorant kid making a crying complaint post. I don't know if your parents ever taught you, but respect needs to be given before it's received.

Goodluck with your 20 fps "in the wilds".

29 minutes ago, Courage said:

He's just stating that it would be better if you upgraded your computer's CPU, seeing as you could be a person who doesn't know much about computers. Anyway, I do find it difficult to believe that you're getting 20 fps in the wilds consistently. There shouldn't really be any issue with the foliage as it will most likely be related to your GPU, and not CPU. As hitem said 

I would also seriously consider reducing your resolution to 1440 * ??? (whichever you prefer). Generally, I would have thought you'd get 40 - 50fps, and 60fps in the wild. When you're recording the video, don't use fraps either, try to use a program which doesn't destroy your CPU in the process. Also, do you close all applications in the background when you run the game?