Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SurrenderMonkey

Loot generation and the path the plane takes...

12 posts in this topic

Not sure when the route the plane takes is worked out before or after the loot spawn processes, but I would like to see a correlation where locations under the "flight path" have less chance of weapons spawning, and of those weapons they should be lower tier.

The thinking is that if you want to get top tier gear you need to work for it, rather than having the plane fly over a top tier loot spawn area and you just parachute straight down and grab it - meaning you're geared up within seconds of the game starting.

I'd also like to see the plane avoiding high loot spawn areas.

Perhaps this has already been implemented, I've not noticed it though.

Atm loot seems to be inconsistent, medium to high tier gear seems way to rare atm. And there is multiple forums everywhere of people expressing their dislike of this loot rate. So before they implement the type of algorithm you wish or if they even consider it. I believe loot tables should be worked out.

@SurrenderMonkey What you wish for sound to me like implementing the loot system in a way that just and only improves your way of playing. So no! I don't think that is a good idea. The loot spawn is good as it is. You can have luck or not but with skill you can still winn without luck.

1 person likes this

Too much RNG is not great for competitve game.

I'll go as far as saying that starting with a loadout would result in more competitive/fair gameplay.

Loadout example:

(choose 1 of 3) AR with 30 bullets & red dot / smg with60  bullets / pump shotgun with 15 shells.

Pistol with bullets

5 bandages, 1 painkiller, 1 first aid kit, lvl1 helmet & vest.

then play the RNG game for attachments, meds, ammo, better weapons/armor, vehicles.

typically when I play I like to get a complete loadout to have a good end game, it takes too long. Alot of the times you end up running from the circle or half the players are already dead when you're ready to focus on the fighting instead of looting.

IMO

2 hours ago, Spen said:

sound to me like implementing the loot system in a way that just and only improves your way of playing. So no! I don't think that is a good idea. The loot spawn is good as it is. You can have luck or not but with skill you can still winn without luck.

Maybe you are reading more into it than I intended, but the suggestion is not something based around my specific style of gameplay. Luck obviously plays a part but to me it makes sense that you should be a little luckier if you go off the beaten track. Now that is, sort of, the case anyway, as landing and grabbing a car and going to the other side of the map from the plane route will indeed reward you.

1 hour ago, PolkaPickle said:

I'll go as far as saying that starting with a loadout would result in more competitive/fair gameplay.

I agree there shouldn't be too much rng, but it's there already, my suggestion is to add a bit of subtlety to that randomness.

In terms of loadout, I am not keen. Not that it doesn't work, it can in many games, but I feel the weapons you find changes the game you play. If you have a set loadout that could be reduced. If, for example, you are always more a sniper than a sprayer, you will never choose a shotgun over an AK.

I also feel with a set loadout you could end up with people mass PvP'ing the minute they land. The race would be to see who can hit the ground first as when you do you will immediately have access to weapons rather than needing to find/hide/run from the get go.

7 minutes ago, SurrenderMonkey said:

Now that is, sort of, the case anyway, as landing and grabbing a car and going to the other side of the map from the plane route will indeed reward you.

This is what i mean! There are a lot of players that land, grab the first car and drive away. That it self is valid tactic to play BUT this is a specific playstyle! I don't play with this tactic so should my playstyle no be punished?

You have to realise that many players are playing the game different than you are and that your tactic is not to be privileged by the game with rewards! That would be one sided.

What? So you want to change Battlegrounds to be like any other shooter game out there? What about you go and play a other game if you don't like this one?

1 hour ago, Spen said:

This is what i mean! There are a lot of players that land, grab the first car and drive away. That it self is valid tactic to play BUT this is a specific playstyle! I don't play with this tactic so should my playstyle no be punished?

You have to realise that many players are playing the game different than you are and that your tactic is not to be privileged by the game with rewards! That would be one sided.

What? So you want to change Battlegrounds to be like any other shooter game out there? What about you go and play a other game if you don't like this one?

How about you relax, and discuss the subject at hand instead of assuming "I" want to change the game and should go play another one instead.  I bet you didn't even read the OP.  You only selectively quoted a small part of the post, and didn't add anything to the discussion, not even your own opinion or a counter to the argument.  Instead you reply with some nonsense troll comment.

How about you relax, and discuss the subject at hand instead of assuming "I" want to change the game and should go play another one instead.  I bet you didn't even read the OP.  You only selectively quoted a small part of the post, and didn't add anything to the discussion, not even your own opinion or a counter to the argument.  Instead you reply with some nonsense troll comment.

I responded with my opinion and i did read your post. I clearly stated that i'm against your proposal and that i think that you wish for a other game than what this game is all about. Therefor the hint that you should better play a other shooter game.

5 hours ago, Spen said:

@SurrenderMonkey What you wish for sound to me like implementing the loot system in a way that just and only improves your way of playing. So no! I don't think that is a good idea. The loot spawn is good as it is. You can have luck or not but with skill you can still winn without luck.

I agree with this . The only thing that really fucks us over here is that with this latest patch the higher tier guns are harder to find - I hope they improve the smaller arms if they are going to keep it this way as they are very inconsistent and sometimes just plain shitty (shotguns , uzi on single , p92, magnum). 

3 hours ago, Spen said:

The problem here is the way you have written this, sounds like you are the sole arbiter of what is "the correct tactic". I have no idea if you meant it like that, but that's certainly how it comes across to me. I'm going to guess you didn't.

Now, I should make it entirely clear, for fear of any confusion; I neither said, nor did I even intimate, the suggestion that I deviate away from the flight path in search of rewards and therefore everyone else should do so to.

My point is that the easiest place to get weapons is directly on the flight path, it would be nice to make that a little less easy and make people put in a little more effort. It's not intended in any way to force people into playing a different tactic. The difference I believe this would make to the game is even out the early couple of minutes.

There's pros and cons to EVERY situation with RNG because that's the sole intention. If you move it away from the plane, then everyone's just gonna go away from the plane because it is known that there is less loot there. Keeping it RNG makes people do what they're intending to do on sole instinct of their pre-determined chances of survival in different scenarios.

With the current RNG, you can go in ANY direction and there's a random chance that you find what you want or don't. Simple as that.