Sign in to follow this  
SurrenderMonkey

Utterly crazy idea, won't be implemented but would be fun!

Posted (edited)

Ok, so the best weapons are military grade top tier stuff. This can be found spread out over the map - we all have our favourite drop spots. Now imagine tweaking that so the top tier stuff (ie: air drop level) is only available in several key military bases.

Why would you do that? That seems silly.... ah... but wait! What if.... those high tier loot spawn areas were defended by AI? We've seen similar in things like Arma3, although how easy it would be to throw AI into the current PUBG build is open to question.

However think of it, the AI is solid enough to fight off several solo players, but if those two solos teamed up they could then perhaps break through and get the weapons they crave. This sets up a wonderful brinksmanship to the game. Do I help someone who is clearly going to kill me if they get geared up, while on the other hand the benefits from being geared up might outweigh the risk of "soft teaming".

In Duo, the situation would be similar but you could buff the AI is slightly to the point where 2 sets of duo teams would be the level needed to break in. Again, creating that gamble between helping and killing.

In Squad, this is where it gets fun, a squad should be able to break into these defended areas, however not only will they be doing that, they should also be stopping other squads from doing so.

tl;dr?

OK, the skinny is that the best weapons are spawned in an AI protected area (the level of AI is based on the game type solo/duo/squad), resulting in the choice of "soft teaming" with other players in order to get better weapons while running the gauntlet of them shooting you as soon as they do.

Edited by SurrenderMonkey
edited because it's clear I have no ability to splel

Spen    115

So you want to add AI that kills players in a game where a lot of firefights are allready a 50/50 chance? How bad would that be!

That would totaly kill the game!

Look at Titanfall to see how AI killed the multiplayer fun.

How much fun is it to die through AI after 25 min of gameplay... Non!

2 hours ago, Spen said:

So you want to add AI that kills players in a game where a lot of firefights are allready a 50/50 chance? How bad would that be!

The AI would only be in specific areas. Like some sort of base. You don't need to interact with them if you don't want to, you can play your normal game.

However, increase that risk (both from the AI and 'soft teaming') and attack it and you increase the reward.

Essentially the AI would be passive unless they were to be engaged.

I am in no way suggesting AI running around the map looking to do the job others are doing (ie: killing)

Spen    115

I prefere if most kills are happening through firefights and a missing spacial awareness and not through AI, Nades, ...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Spen said:

I prefere if most kills are happening through firefights and a missing spacial awareness and not through AI, Nades, ...

Does it matter who kills people other than yourself? I mean, it's not that I don't understand your comment, it's more that (realistically) we only see probably 1/10th of the players on the server while the rest we only know through the death text shown at the bottom left. If AI or killing people or, people killing people, it doesn't really matter.

I certainly get the concern about impacting a purely user driven environment, but I'm wondering how much impact that would be, and on the flip side how much it may add to the game.

Stil... I title the thread as "crazy idea" and it is just that. More a mod for a more seasoned PUBG build.

Edited by SurrenderMonkey

Spen    115

I meant more in the sense of me dying by nades, AI, ... would made the game frustrating for me.

14 hours ago, Gandaren said:

To many reasons why this is a bad idea.

Care to expand, I appreciate it's a 'left-field' idea, but I'd be interested to see the reasons you give.

21 hours ago, Spen said:

I meant more in the sense of me dying by nades, AI, ... would made the game frustrating for me.

As i say, you don't need to engage the AI. Not that I am dismissing your comments.

xaitox    14

So basically you want to take a battleroyale game and convert it into a wasteland game? (Arma 3 references for the ones who might google) 

• Like 1

iddqd    21

thats an utterly crazy idea ;)  

but the game will open up for mods, so.....

Gandaren    34
3 hours ago, SurrenderMonkey said:

Care to expand, I appreciate it's a 'left-field' idea, but I'd be interested to see the reasons you give.

Look at the division for instance, the AI trash mobs in the darkzone are ultimately garbage,
Also, mind you that putting in npcs that have an effect on the people that are playing in a said hunger games type of match would make no sense. 

If the AI starts shooting, or you shoot them because they are guarding something you want. everyone in a radius of x meters or 1km would know someone's there. 
I just don't it's a good idea and if this will get in the game, likely hood i will just stay away from where they are. 

1v100 not 1v100vnpcs. This game is PVP and not PVP&PVE.

Fair enough. It's not like I don't get what you are saying, I think the reason for them there, and these would be static AI at specific locations not roaming NPCs, could be fitted in with the game backstory. As for the hearing other players engaging in with NPCs - how would you know? It would be the same if it was PvP, you'd just hear shooting. I also think that any worries of regarding the level of the AI could be tweaked in regard to the match making.

If you are just of the mindset that AI would be bad, then that's cool - you're totally entitled to think that. Just that the reasons you give aren't really game breakers, imo.

Sign in to follow this