Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dead_Within

Suggestion: A way to make Shotguns viable endgame weapons

4 posts in this topic

Considering Shotguns are mostly used in close quarters or in early stages of the round, there might be a way to improve them for the endgame. Adding different types of ammo could help.
1. Buckshot is the default one. Deadly at close ranges, huge spread at mid, impossible at long.
2. Slug. Single slug, instead of many pellets. Good at long range.
3. Explosive. Bad at close range. Good at mid and long. Deadly for vehicles.
4. Incendiary. Good against players with armor. Same spread as Buckshot.

Cycling between the ammo with "B" key, changing firing mode, requires another reload to activate the new type of ammo. Keeping the weapon loaded with the old type, until the player decides to actually load the new type.

Noooo  pls not. This is really bad in Battlefield and it would be bad in Battlegrounds.

Shotguns are only for close quarters and i did win a solo round with a shotgun so it is viable for endgame ;)

Yeaaaaaaaa, no. That's what looting is for. Otherwise you find a shotty (easy) and camp until the final 10 (easy). 

While they aren't always kept till late game, there are plenty of chances for you to flank and shoot someone at close range endgame. Or if someone is coming up near your position, they are still nice to have.

I've seen many matches won by an S12K charge, lol.

I don't think it's so much that they're bad late game, it's just that too many people choose to snipe.