Iwasawa

Blue circle damage

Stambo    64
6 hours ago, weedogsco said:

Often going to the extremities like power plant, military base etc gets you the best loot immediately (if you survive the initial superman punch onslaught when you land next to others!) The chance you take is an unfavourable circle. Risk vs reward. I think the whole circle idea has been done brilliantly. Take your chances, win some lose some. Happy days

I agree with the whole risk vs reward scenario, it's the the win some lose some thing I have a problem with.
I got the "lose some" down to a fine art, it's the "win some" that seems to be an issue. :D

G4M3OVER    2

I understand the idea of the circle but the speed of it end game is dumb, you get into the circle and start fighting and then 30 seconds goes by and your already being forced to run. Its not even fun cause more then 50% of my games are lost due to the circle and im already in it i just get screwed by the next circle then i get in a firefight with someone and then have to start running shortly after. the damage is fine, up it a tad but slow it down end game so we can actually have fun and fight people end game.

• Like 2

InsightKnight    135
2 hours ago, G4M3OVER said:

I understand the idea of the circle but the speed of it end game is dumb, you get into the circle and start fighting and then 30 seconds goes by and your already being forced to run. Its not even fun cause more then 50% of my games are lost due to the circle and im already in it i just get screwed by the next circle then i get in a firefight with someone and then have to start running shortly after. the damage is fine, up it a tad but slow it down end game so we can actually have fun and fight people end game.

My feelings exactly. Fighting the circle more than the players ffs. xD

SaltySeaWolf    90
Posted (edited)

I would just like to have a bit more time to fight during the last circles instead of constantly focusing on running away from the blue circle.

Edited by SaltySeaWolf

Kringe7    123

I think this could be solved by adding a different mechanic to the last few zones that allow for slowing of the BZ.  Like making the last 2-3 zones do damage to anyone who doesn't move a certain amount every 10 seconds, unless they were firing their weapon.  It would promote movement and engagements.  Something different.  

Or maybe something different.  But I feel like everyone is so focused on the circle that they aren't considering that leaving that mostly alone and adding a different thing entirely might be a better approach.

Quasispec    112
Posted (edited)

@weedogsco

My idea is that there's a set maximum speed, or speeds, for any wall of the circle. At the moment the circle can really hit you hard if the next circle touches the edge on the far side from you because it means the speed of the end that has to travel the longest ends up being pretty crazy.

If they had a max speed that lower than the most extreme speeds it might take longer for the circle to close but you'd be able to take a fight in between circles without the potential for getting boned so hard by it, it's also mean you wouldn't be as likely to have to do a stimmed up no weapon sprint into someone that has been camping in a favored spot for a while. :P

And a couple of people have said it but many of my deaths in the top 20 are circle damage, often not having time to med after looting a guy that I had to frantically kill so that I could loot his meds to continue healing off circle damage.

Edited by Quasispec

I feel you shouldnt be able to heal or get Health regen while in blue circle. Seems people tank up on energy drinks etc and camp in blue circle for as long as possible.

Removing being to heal or regen health while in blue circle would fix this greatly.  

• Like 1

ManicReaper    1
On 4/7/2017 at 9:03 PM, Glasses4Life said:

I still want a bigger indication that the zone is moving. Like a bell or some kind of audible noise. A lot can happen in 30 seconds and i lose track of the timer sometimes. 

Really....The counting down of numbers and the slider doesn't tell you enough? More map awareness I suppose is what you need.

korfain    10

A pop-up notification in the middle of the screen would be good. The only thing this near-perfect game is lacking is a better set up/system for the last part of the game.

bigLeft    0

IMO the blue zone damage and progression of that damage is fine. I just think there should be more time in the final few circles before they start contracting to allow for more positional tactics and actual gun fights to occur, instead of the "shit, we got screwed on the circle, we need to run across this open area". Longer time to push strategically would eliminate at least some of the RNG that wins most games. 

Some times it seems insane how fast the time ticks by... my teammate and I will be planning our move to the next zone, then the next thing you know we have 30 secs, so that plan gets tossed out and it's playerunknown's runninggrounds again :P

Shortstacker    45
1 hour ago, korfain said:

A pop-up notification in the middle of the screen would be good. The only thing this near-perfect game is lacking is a better set up/system for the last part of the game.

Are you serious? Dear god... 

PhRaZz    53

I also think that the time between circles need some work. If you're unlucky once, it snowballs heavily, and you may have to run non-stop for several circles, with almost no time to heal up. There's no game left, no decisions, no tactics, only running simulator. 

• Like 1

Unknown.GG    4
2 hours ago, korfain said:

On 4/8/2017 at 3:03 AM, Glasses4Life said:

I still want a bigger indication that the zone is moving. Like a bell or some kind of audible noise. A lot can happen in 30 seconds and i lose track of the timer sometimes. 

You might want to check out this tool - not a popup, but audio reminders about the zones and other statistics: http://unknown.gg/en/zone-timer/

Bill Peppas    9

Apart from the last 2-3 circles which are way to fast and hit too hard, the rest are perfectly fine.

Even if you have to sprint a mile to get to the safe zone, there's nothing stopping you from being smart & cautiously make your way immediately in the middle or deeper in the new safe circle so you won't have to run from the blue wall again.

Coincidentally all my best solo/duo/squad rounds are the ones where I/we are "continuously" well within the safe zone the whole time.

korfain    10
12 hours ago, Shortstacker said:

Are you serious? Dear god... 

You must be a very low quality player who doesn't make it to the last 15 very regularly. 

coffeman    7

I posted on this before:-

The point being this is meant to be an electric field!!  you see how well you can aim or function when being stimulated by an electric field running through your body,,  YOU CANT.  there is no possible way someone in the field should have ANY advantage over a player not in the field.  being in the field means you either

A) screwed up (why should you have an advantage?)

B) you chose to be there because at the minute, because there are no mechanics other than losing health which you can replace easily in the early stages,  (Why Should you have an advantage?)

Keefay78    7

thoughts.

The circle, why not have it like sliightly frosted glass, not completely blurred out, enough to see landmarks and building outlines you would have to use your minimap and compass, but same would go for both sides, people on the inside cant see past the blue circle wall as its just blur.  this might help control butt shooters and carpet snipers.  whilst this blur wall flows along the ground your healing/red bull drinking time increases 25%, then 30% , 40%.....  this might stop circle runners?

IMHO the circle should be there to guide whoever still remains towards a final battle area, I dont think the circle should be so clinical in ending your game.  I think a lot of people would enjoy the game if the times were increased to get more PVP battles in and about the map.

If there was more point scoring ability in this game, you could penalise people for time spent behind the blue line, or even deduct BP from them in small per/second fines?.

SeeEyeEh    11
Posted (edited)

I posted a similar topic with a video of me dying because I was following the game rules, and staying in the circle, while others just shot and killed people from outside the circle, somehow staying alive.

I think guns should malfunction outside the blue circle. They should get jammed or the bullets are duds. 

Edited by SeeEyeEh

Posted (edited)

I hate the blue circle idea. Doesn't allow for skill or proper battle tactics. I've found during gameplay entering into what looks to be a decent gun fight ends up with the enemy or myself ditching the fight and entering into a running simulator.

I reckon ditch the blue circle of death and instead as the battle rages on have a blue zone (like the red bomb zone) appear around each players location on the map and slowly get get smaller. But not small enough to give away the exact position. That would get rid of the running simulation and allow for better gun fights and tactics. Utilizing 100% skill to win. Rather than time and luck not to die. And if camping is an issue than bring the death circle In late game rather than from the start, along side my idea.

Edited by IIIAgentSmith

Increase blue zone damage in the early to mid game. As of now, the first couple of circles provide little incentive for players to rush into the new circle. This promotes the strategy of running just behind the blue for the first 10 minutes which limits engagement with opponents, making for a boring early game - especially in solos. I would prefer that people fear the blue zone enough that they'd rather rush to the safe zone and take a fight. For those landing far enough away from the first circle, prioritizing loot over finding a vehicle would become a serious dilemma, making for a more interesting and dynamic early game.

In the end game, keep zone damage the same but make it move significantly slower and add an extra circle transition or two. This would reduce the needs for players to cover vast open stretches at a full sprint while others remain entrenched behind cover. Instead, players who are forced to reposition would have more time to do so tactically by moving between trees/rocks/bushes, or even prone crawling through brush over significant distances. As of now there is just too much circle RNG in the top 10.  

I also like the suggestion I saw earlier in the thread of making the wall of the blue zone more like frosted glass. Camping the edge (either inside or out) of the blue zone and picking off stragglers is a viable strategy, but I don't think it makes the game better. Reducing visibility into / out of the zone would go a long way toward eliminating those encounters. 

Madzai    26
26 minutes ago, TricksForMoney said:

Increase blue zone damage in the early to mid game. As of now, the first couple of circles provide little incentive for players to rush into the new circle. This promotes the strategy of running just behind the blue for the first 10 minutes which limits engagement with opponents, making for a boring early game - especially in solos. I would prefer that people fear the blue zone enough that they'd rather rush to the safe zone and take a fight. For those landing far enough away from the first circle, prioritizing loot over finding a vehicle would become a serious dilemma, making for a more interesting and dynamic early game.

With circle being even more random now  this will make the game even more luck-depended and force people to jump in the Island center.  It just degrade into crowd of people punching each other to death with some lucky guy mowing people down with SMG\AR.

2 minutes ago, Madzai said:

With circle being even more random now  this will make the game even more luck-depended and force people to jump in the Island center.  It just degrade into crowd of people punching each other to death with some lucky guy mowing people down with SMG\AR.

That's a side effect that can be mitigated, I think. Perhaps rearrange the loot tables so that the center of the map spawns lower level items, or at least spawns higher level items in much lower frequency. I'm sure there are ways to encourage players to drop on the perimeter and work their way in. 

CDNMaple    23
Posted (edited)

How is the circle any different from getting flanked from another player and getting killed?

Edited by CDNMaple

Madzai    26
16 minutes ago, TricksForMoney said:

That's a side effect that can be mitigated, I think. Perhaps rearrange the loot tables so that the center of the map spawns lower level items, or at least spawns higher level items in much lower frequency. I'm sure there are ways to encourage players to drop on the perimeter and work their way in. 

I don't think it will work well on current map, IMO. The center is way too open with all loot spots are clustered. They basically aren't well fit to hold 50-70 people. And, in general, i'm not quite sure why make such spacious map and force people into the center.

jedics    1

Circle and or healing speed

IMO the purpose of the circle is to get players to engage with each other and it should do nothing more! (unless your a dirty camper)

I bought this game to shoot at people, instead I have to cut gun fights short or not have them at all because it is more likely the circle will kill me than another player which is taking away from the game instead of adding to it. Even if I win the battle I loose the war because healing is so slow that the circle kills before I can get first aid off so basically the mechanics of the game encourage you to hide as much as possible and engage with players as little as possible!

Im up for some adrenaline filled gun fights and to trade blows based on skill, not to be rolling the dice against some RNG mechanic which decides if I get to have fun or spend 15 minutes running from the circle only to die from it or be one shotted from low health at the end of it all...

There is absolutely no incentive to explore the edges of the map which is also a shame!

I hope this "RNJesus christ not this shit again" gets fixed soon!

• Like 1