Iwasawa

Blue circle damage

Iwasawa    14

Its not a complaint, neither a suggestion just rather like a question. Why? What is the point? I dont know how many times i died because an idiot killed me from OUTSIDE the zone then seconds later i saw he died as well. I usually make it to the last 20 and 10 from 20 is dying because of zone dmg. So 50% of the players are like i dont care i just snipe some noobs and die here. What is the point of that? Or they are simply not paying attention?

• Like 2

Ghorman    45

The last circles don't really allow gun fights which is sad.  The circles move to quick and do too much damage for real gun fights :(

• Like 11

Kanesdeath    35
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ghorman said:

The last circles don't really allow gun fights which is sad.  The circles move to quick and do too much damage for real gun fights :(

Incorrect. Players arent advancing to the new safe zone during countdown to electrical field contraction. Instead they wait till the last possible moment to enter the safe zone once the electrical field contraction begins. This isnt much of an issue in Solo. Duo its becoming an issue, while Squad play its already a major one.

Edited by Kanesdeath
  • Like 1

Ghorman    45

I'm not incorrect.  The last two circles will kill you within seconds if you are outside it...so you have to push with less then a minute out of cover which doesn't allow for good gun fights.

• Like 5

Yung Moolah    28
Posted (edited)

Blue circle edge camping.

People sit behind a tree/rock, inside a house/shack, and wait till the last second to move. When they start moving, they run into other blue circle edge campers and a fight ensues. They get into a fight then die to the circle.

I never have circle problems cause I don't camp the edge of the blue circle.

Edited by Yung Moolah
  • Like 4

Glasses4Life    30

I still want a bigger indication that the zone is moving. Like a bell or some kind of audible noise. A lot can happen in 30 seconds and i lose track of the timer sometimes. 

• Like 4

KailJoric    74

It's not always circle campers though, you can sit and watch any of the main streamers and you'll see them lose a handful of matches every day because the last couple circles move so quickly after locking into place that they have no time to move and stay safe. I'd wager a safe bet that at least half if not more of the games are won because the last couple circles force people out of cover very fast and don't allow for a player to get an idea where he needs to move for cover next.

I'd also safely say that most of the winners get their win because they either get the "lucky" circle pop and don't have to move at all, or their side of the circle had better/more protective cover. It does end up being a pain if you get into top 10 and your safely in the circle, then next circle pops and you have to run across open field to make next circle while everyone else gets to sit safely or remain in their cover.

Problem is how do you balance it, I still suppose the idea of reversing the circle damage so that earlier circles do the most damage and the latter stages of the circle still do damage but not as much as they do now. This way those who have survived to make the top ten still have to move but don't immediately lose half their health from the first two hits of the circle. Many great gun battles are either stopped or interrupted by the circle or in some cases the winner of a great gun battle meets their demise to the circle and not having enough time to med up from their fight.

Circles probably kills more people each game than the other players combined. O.o

• Like 5

KailJoric    74
2 minutes ago, Glasses4Life said:

I still want a bigger indication that the zone is moving. Like a bell or some kind of audible noise. A lot can happen in 30 seconds and i lose track of the timer sometimes. 

I have to disagree with this, they already give you not only the indicator over the map with a timer, but you also get a flash across the screen at 30 seconds, 10 seconds and 5 seconds.. if you can't see those messages then it's likely a bell or a whistle isn't going to get your attention either. For me it's not so much the circle moving, but the speed of it.. it sort of lulls you to sleep.. seems like it is moving slow behind you then it flies past you and is gone.

• Like 2

PandahSykes    76
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, KailJoric said:

It's not always circle campers though, you can sit and watch any of the main streamers and you'll see them lose a handful of matches every day because the last couple circles move so quickly after locking into place that they have no time to move and stay safe. I'd wager a safe bet that at least half if not more of the games are won because the last couple circles force people out of cover very fast and don't allow for a player to get an idea where he needs to move for cover next.

I'd also safely say that most of the winners get their win because they either get the "lucky" circle pop and don't have to move at all, or their side of the circle had better/more protective cover. It does end up being a pain if you get into top 10 and your safely in the circle, then next circle pops and you have to run across open field to make next circle while everyone else gets to sit safely or remain in their cover.

Problem is how do you balance it, I still suppose the idea of reversing the circle damage so that earlier circles do the most damage and the latter stages of the circle still do damage but not as much as they do now. This way those who have survived to make the top ten still have to move but don't immediately lose half their health from the first two hits of the circle. Many great gun battles are either stopped or interrupted by the circle or in some cases the winner of a great gun battle meets their demise to the circle and not having enough time to med up from their fight.

Circles probably kills more people each game than the other players combined. O.o

I like this idea . The circle killing people is a carebear move IMO (yes the forcefield is a carebear) - it's akin to the ledge kills in for honor , super cheesy and rng almost .

Edited by PandahSykes
  • Like 1

Kanesdeath    35
19 minutes ago, Ghorman said:

I'm not incorrect.

You are though. Mid to late game circle countdowns till electrical field contraction give players enough time to advance to the new safe zone while crouch moving the majority of the distance. Late game circle countdown till electrical field contraction permits prone moving to the new safe zone.

KailJoric    74
5 minutes ago, Kanesdeath said:

You are though. Mid to late game circle countdowns till electrical field contraction give players enough time to advance to the new safe zone while crouch moving the majority of the distance. Late game circle countdown till electrical field contraction permits prone moving to the new safe zone.

Do you have actual developer quote to back that up? Because I'm pretty sure a player can't crouch walk in 90 seconds from the edge of a blue to the edge of the next white on every circle, maybe if the circle pops on your side I could agree with this, but if the circle pops to the far side absolutely no way this can be true 100% of the time. The terrain going up and down over a mountain or rocks is going to slow you down.

• Like 2

Kanesdeath    35
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, KailJoric said:

Do you have actual developer quote to back that up?

No need, i play the game primarily in Solo mode. The Mid and late game circles are played properly there. Its Duo and Squad modes this is a compounding issue.

An your suggestion of the late game electrical field circles doing less damage would result in players camping in it further with the aid of energy drinks and painkillers. Damage of the electrical field in mid and late game needs to be doubled while contraction speed increased slightly(10%'sh) in Duo and Squad mode.

Edited by Kanesdeath

KailJoric    74

Wow.. I play only in Solo mode and I'd completely disagree with you like more than 100% if that was even possible. Early game circles are laughable at best, trust me I've intentionally tested them. With a single First aid kit, a few bandages and two stims I can cover the entire map outside the circle.

Mid game its probably ok, but late game circles are stupid insane, if you are outside the blue line for a single hit you lose so much health that you can't stop to be in a fire fight with anyone if you aren't already inside the next white circle marker. If you make the end game circles do more damage and close even faster then I'd say 95% or more of the game would be handing the win to the guy who simply got lucky with the circle pop. You're basically saying you want there to be zero strategy or tactics in this game, make it all about the circle killing people at end game.

Seriously, circles need to do more damage early on and the late game it needs to do less damage or close slower.. it doesn't have to do both, but it should do one or the other. The game should be won by the player who uses better tactics or has better shots or uses better cover. It should not be won by the guy who just guessed the right spot or gets lucky by the circle coming to him.

The circle should be dangerous because it makes you move from cover to get to the next spot, not because it destroys your soul the moment you're outside it for two seconds in late game.

• Like 8

Yung Moolah    28

I agree and disagree with you @KailJoric

Its so easy to swim in early game circles. Yes, they might as well not even exit. Bandaids and 1 painkiller/NRG drink and you're good to go. The first 3 circles are a joke. This is why people are complaining about the circle so much. So many getting shot in the back by circle sharks that ALWAYS arrive late to the party. So I agree with you in this regard. The early circles, first 3-4, need a huge increase in dmg.

I disagree that the late game circles should deal less. Right now the only reason why a full match is about 30-32 mins long is cause of the circle's dmg. People CAN'T SWIM in the last circles.

The endgame circle deaths people are experiencing is what happens when you have 3rd person peeking, and the circle is small. People are hesitant to move because EVERYONE is just hiding and 3rd person peeking to see who moves first. This is a 3rd person peeking problem. The circle's dmg late game would be just fine if people had to expose themselves to actually scout the field. This is why some of us, myself included, are desperately waiting for 1st person only servers.

If everyone is hiding behind a wall/tree, below a hill, or prone on a roof, like they do right now, they won't be able to see anything in 1st person. I could run across an open field in top 10/15 and the only people who will see me are those that exposed their head/body to look. This means I can also see them. It also means I can also flank them. If they proceed to continue hiding behind that tree/rock/hill, I can approach from the right/left and they won't know until they peek again (exposing a part of their body I can shoot if I'm pre-aiming) or until one of us hits the ground.

The endgame circle problem is all due to 3rd person. "I see you, but you can't see me", "I saw you first, and since you can't see me I'm gonna attack you when I know I will win and you can't retaliate", "I have to move now, but the others will just shoot me cause they can see me without exposing themselves". This becomes a huge problem when the circle has shrunk so much like in endgame and everyone is just peeking over walls/hills, around trees/buildings, etc.

Every game currently goes like this: People camp behind trees/rocks/in buildings, get a circle that's far away, have to move, everyone else is camping behind another tree/rock/in a building while 3rd person peeking, and just waiting to see who moves first. Endgame arrives. Circle says go top right.  Those who have to move die to the barrage of shots. Those who don't move die to the circle. You lose if you move, you lose if you don't. This is all due to 3rd person peeking. It forces you to stay still in a safe spot and scout, which is 2 advantages (defense and offense) in one.

• Like 4

KailJoric    74
18 minutes ago, Yung Moolah said:

I agree and disagree with you @KailJoric

Its so easy to swim in early game circles. Yes, they might as well not even exit. Bandaids and 1 painkiller/NRG drink and you're good to go. The first 3 circles are a joke. This is why people are complaining about the circle so much. So many getting shot in the back by circle sharks that ALWAYS arrive late to the party. So I agree with you in this regard. The early circles, first 3-4, need a huge increase in dmg.

I disagree that the late game circles should deal less. Right now the only reason why a full match is about 30-32 mins long is cause of the circle's dmg. People CAN'T SWIM in the last circles.

The endgame circle deaths people are experiencing is what happens when you have 3rd person peeking, and the circle is small. People are hesitant to move because EVERYONE is just hiding and 3rd person peeking to see who moves first. This is a 3rd person peeking problem. The circle's dmg late game would be just fine if people had to expose themselves to actually scout the field. This is why some of us, myself included, are desperately waiting for 1st person only servers.

If everyone is hiding behind a wall/tree, below a hill, or prone on a roof, like they do right now, they won't be able to see anything in 1st person. I could run across an open field in top 10/15 and the only people who will see me are those that exposed their head/body to look. This means I can also see them. It also means I can also flank them. If they proceed to continue hiding behind that tree/rock/hill, I can approach from the right/left and they won't know until they peek again (exposing a part of their body I can shoot if I'm pre-aiming) or until one of us hits the ground.

The endgame circle problem is all due to 3rd person. "I see you, but you can't see me", "I saw you first, and since you can't see me I'm gonna attack you when I know I will win and you can't retaliate", "I have to move now, but the others will just shoot me cause they can see me without exposing themselves". This becomes a huge problem when the circle has shrunk so much like in endgame and everyone is just peeking over walls/hills, around trees/buildings, etc.

Every game currently goes like this: People camp behind trees/rocks/in buildings, get a circle that's far away, have to move, everyone else is camping behind another tree/rock/in a building while 3rd person peeking, and just waiting to see who moves first. Endgame arrives. Circle says go top right.  Those who have to move die to the barrage of shots. Those who don't move die to the circle. You lose if you move, you lose if you don't. This is all due to 3rd person peeking. It forces you to stay still in a safe spot and scout, which is 2 advantages (defense and offense) in one.

You have some valid points, but I do believe the game in its current state would benefit by the late circles doing less damage. What you say is true to a point, but because of it people are dying to the circles rather than to players. Those who do get into a fire fight in the top 10 often end up dying to the rapidly closing circle of doom rather than to another player. If the circles did less damage then players would live a little longer and end up being closer together so they'd have to fight more often. Those who choose to keep hiding and using 3rd person peeking would have to either fight eventually or survive outside the circle. Right now because the circle does so much damage those who are in the white do get to take advantage of the peeking over those who have to move because of the circle. If the circle did less damage then this would help negate some of the problem. As for the games taking longer.. I don't think the players left in the game care if the game took 20 minutes or 40 minutes. Game time hasn't ever been a factor I've heard anyone complain about.

I agree that 3rd person peeking does increase people's willingness to hide, but that part of the game isn't going away and I don't feel like the First Person only servers will be heavily populated, I do believe a big majority of people who end up trying it will come back to 3rd person. It is an advantage, but it is even more so when a person can just look and say "oh hey that guy has to leave cover or the circle will kill him" and then they can essentially ignore that player. Watch some of the streamers and see how many times they'll say "circles got them, leave them be" or something along those lines. Essentially, the circle cuts the top 10 in half with ease if not more.

Yung Moolah    28
14 minutes ago, KailJoric said:

You have some valid points, but I do believe the game in its current state would benefit by the late circles doing less damage. What you say is true to a point, but because of it people are dying to the circles rather than to players. Those who do get into a fire fight in the top 10 often end up dying to the rapidly closing circle of doom rather than to another player. If the circles did less damage then players would live a little longer and end up being closer together so they'd have to fight more often. Those who choose to keep hiding and using 3rd person peeking would have to either fight eventually or survive outside the circle. Right now because the circle does so much damage those who are in the white do get to take advantage of the peeking over those who have to move because of the circle. If the circle did less damage then this would help negate some of the problem. As for the games taking longer.. I don't think the players left in the game care if the game took 20 minutes or 40 minutes. Game time hasn't ever been a factor I've heard anyone complain about.

I agree that 3rd person peeking does increase people's willingness to hide, but that part of the game isn't going away and I don't feel like the First Person only servers will be heavily populated, I do believe a big majority of people who end up trying it will come back to 3rd person. It is an advantage, but it is even more so when a person can just look and say "oh hey that guy has to leave cover or the circle will kill him" and then they can essentially ignore that player. Watch some of the streamers and see how many times they'll say "circles got them, leave them be" or something along those lines. Essentially, the circle cuts the top 10 in half with ease if not more.

Sorry for wall of text

Assuming the endgame circles are slowed down so people can outrun it, they would just run side by side with the blue circle in the end. If they are getting shot at they would have enough time to run from tree to tree to rock to tree. The same thing will still happen, only over a larger period of time. As they run from tree to tree, the other players in the right position will still shoot at them like they do now. If people can just outrun the endgame circle, they won't be able to stop to heal cause they still have to keep moving to not get caught in the circle, but at the same time people will still shoot at them. Rather than dying in 10-15 seconds (like they do now cause you can't outrun/outheal the circle and your getting shot at), they'll die in 25-30 seconds (cause they can't outheal the circle but they are still getting shot at). The same thing will happen, it will only take longer.

The circle will still cut the top 10 in half. As long as you're the one who has to move, those in the safe zone 3rd person peeking will shoot at you when you do have to move. Regardless of how slow the circle moves, as long as people can wait safely behind cover, peek, and attack when they know they will win and you will lose, a slower endgame circle will still yield the same outcome.

People can't move, AT ALL, to the white circle in endgame cause if they move EVERYONE ELSE can see them and they'll be going down shortly. The outcome of a slower circle will still be the same as the outcome of a faster circle. If people couldn't see you run across an open field cause they're hiding behind an obstacle, 1st person, then the circle would not be as much a problem as it is now. You would peak and see if anyone is looking. If you can't see them, they can't see you, that means you can take a risk and move.

People die to the circle, but it's not the circle's fault. They die due to their hesitation to move, and I can't blame them. They are hesitant to move cause "moving + 3rd person peeking + small refined space (endgame) = death", but they have to move because of the circle. 3rd person screws people over, not the circle. The circle takes the blame cause it forces you to move, but 3rd person ALWAYS favors those who don't move. See what i'm saying. Even with a slower circle you would still have to move. Those who move, regardless of the pace of their movement, will lose cause 3rd person favors those who stand still and camp behind objects. When endgame circle gets small, you will still die as long as you have to move (slow or fast) all thanks to 3rd person.

You never know. This might be one of those games people enjoy in 1st person more than 3rd. We'll just have to wait and see. I think the game is solid, but 3rd person, IMO, just destroys a lot of the game's potential. So many stalemates and guaranteed wins cause of 3rd person.

KailJoric    74

It seems like you're trying to argue against my ideas because you want to get 1st person servers. The devs have already said they plan to make some 1st person servers, so you don't have to argue from that ground. You're logic, in my opinion, is wrong because people dying to the circle wouldn't have to out heal the circle if they could manage to run back inside it, or if they keep it the same speed but lower the damage then they could heal through it and have to try and catch up to it.

Most of the people hiding aren't just going to jump out from cover to shoot someone running because other players who are also using 3rd person will potentially see them. What I'm saying, and I believe you're not understanding, is that too many people die in this game from the circle because they choose to try and fight. If everyone just avoided fights and ran to the next white circle right away and hid there would probably be more people in the end game circles and even more fighting. However, most people are playing to try and get kills, you can see this by all the people who will choose to die to the circle just to try and snag another kill. The circle should be a factor, I want the circle to do MORE damage early game, it does nothing really right now, and I believe a more powerful circle in the early game will make players have to be smarter about where they jump to loot at because you can't spend 3 minutes driving off to the far side of the map to loot alone and then make it back to the other side of the map because you can't tank the circle any more.

Right now the way the game works is there are lots of cheap fights early game, crowded area first person gets gun kills people or people die to punches while trying to get a gun. Mid game has some fights but not many because so many are either still looting or are trying to cross the map to beat the circle and end game has even less fights because half the people die to the circle even if they were trying to stay inside the white.

It is my belief that if the circle did more damage at the start more people would think about where they were going and the fights in early game would have greater tension to them. Do you grab a shotty and go for the quick kill on the guy who landed next door or do you keep looting so you can quickly leave if the circle pops away from you. Mid game would have more fights because either more people would be alive for playing smarter or if fewer players they'd be gear up better so the fights would be more intense and late game with the circle doing less damage the game would be about fights and not the circle. As I see it most people just hide because of the circle, why step out and risk shooting at someone if you think the circle might get them or why risk giving up your position if you might have to make a mad dash from it to make the next circle. If the damage from the circle in late game wasn't a murdering wall of doom I actually think more people would move about more.

• Like 2

Yung Moolah    28
2 minutes ago, KailJoric said:

It seems like you're trying to argue against my ideas because you want to get 1st person servers. The devs have already said they plan to make some 1st person servers, so you don't have to argue from that ground. You're logic, in my opinion, is wrong because people dying to the circle wouldn't have to out heal the circle if they could manage to run back inside it, or if they keep it the same speed but lower the damage then they could heal through it and have to try and catch up to it.

Most of the people hiding aren't just going to jump out from cover to shoot someone running because other players who are also using 3rd person will potentially see them. What I'm saying, and I believe you're not understanding, is that too many people die in this game from the circle because they choose to try and fight. If everyone just avoided fights and ran to the next white circle right away and hid there would probably be more people in the end game circles and even more fighting. However, most people are playing to try and get kills, you can see this by all the people who will choose to die to the circle just to try and snag another kill. The circle should be a factor, I want the circle to do MORE damage early game, it does nothing really right now, and I believe a more powerful circle in the early game will make players have to be smarter about where they jump to loot at because you can't spend 3 minutes driving off to the far side of the map to loot alone and then make it back to the other side of the map because you can't tank the circle any more.

Right now the way the game works is there are lots of cheap fights early game, crowded area first person gets gun kills people or people die to punches while trying to get a gun. Mid game has some fights but not many because so many are either still looting or are trying to cross the map to beat the circle and end game has even less fights because half the people die to the circle even if they were trying to stay inside the white.

It is my belief that if the circle did more damage at the start more people would think about where they were going and the fights in early game would have greater tension to them. Do you grab a shotty and go for the quick kill on the guy who landed next door or do you keep looting so you can quickly leave if the circle pops away from you. Mid game would have more fights because either more people would be alive for playing smarter or if fewer players they'd be gear up better so the fights would be more intense and late game with the circle doing less damage the game would be about fights and not the circle. As I see it most people just hide because of the circle, why step out and risk shooting at someone if you think the circle might get them or why risk giving up your position if you might have to make a mad dash from it to make the next circle. If the damage from the circle in late game wasn't a murdering wall of doom I actually think more people would move about more.

No i'm not arguing against your idea. I'm saying it doesn't matter how slow or fast the circle is, the outcome will still be the same. I know first person is coming and i"m not arguing for it either. I'm just pointing out how it doesn't matter what happens to the circle. Less dmg, slower, etc, there will ALWAYS be complaints about the circle cause you have to move no matter what. You move, you die cause of 3rd person.

You can't change how people play. You're making assumptions of what people could/would do if so and so change was made. No, people will play how they want to play. Even if the circle did more dmg in the beginning, people will still parachute where they want and still die to circle. Then they'll come on the forums/reddit and complain that the circle does too much dmg in the beginning. Similar to how people are saying that the circle does too much dmg in the end. One group will always want something different from the other, and people will still play how they want to play regardless of whatever circle changes are made.

People are looking for a "FAIR" circle. What i'm saying is there is no such thing as a fair circle. Never will be. People will always have problems with the circle no matter what. The dangers of the circle are magnified because of 3rd person, which is the point I was trying to make. No amount of tweaks will ever change that.

There has never been a circle problem, IMO, its a 3rd person peeking problem, which puts people in disadvantageous situations due to an impending circle of death. That was the point I was trying to make. No amount of circle changes will fix the reason why the circle is so dangerous to begin with: The person who has to move dies cause of 3rd person peeking.

This is why I'm satisfied with the circle right now even though I would like it to deal more dmg in the beginning. There are those who will rage that it does too much at the start. At the same time I don't want the endgame circle to be slower. Whereas there are others who do.

It doesn't address the actual problem of why people die to the circle. No change can address that. Which is why I brought up 1st person so much. Not to incite a "1st person vs 3rd person" war, but to state "As long as you play 3rd person, one group will always have problems with the circle due to how 3rd person works". 

KailJoric    74

I understand what you are saying, but then I don't fully agree. I do think that 3rd person adds a different element to how people play, but I also think you can't simply say that we don't know how people will play to changes that aren't even made or implemented. I believe there are more people who play this game who want to play a more aggressive game, but I believe it isn't the 3rd person that prevents them from doing so, it is more often the circle that prevents fights. Since Early Access I've spent at least 4-6 hours per day either in game or watching streamers play the game and the thing I keep consistently seeing and hearing is how bad the end game circles are when it comes to damage.

As I said, they could speed them up if they lowered the damage, or else keep the damage and slow them down. People will always use 3rd person to their advantage when its part of the game, there isn't anything wrong with people using what is in the game, but with all things being equal since everyone has 3rd person available it isn't the 3rd person preventing the fight from happening in the end game it is the power or speed of the late game circles. I don't think the circles should be both slowed and lowered in damage, but it should be one or the other. As it stands now I've seen more end game fights either get decimated by the circle or the winner of the fight lose the game because the circle flies by them and cuts them down due to them getting into a fight at the start of a new circle.

I'm not trying to stop people from complaining, that will never happen and people will still hide on 1st person servers, probably even more since they won't have the benefit of 3rd person to see. I do think that the circle could be adjusted at each phase of the game and open up the game more to those who do play aggressively which would make for more action. There will always be those who play super passive and ultra cautious and attempt to play in what some may call a "cheap" or "weak" or "coward" style of play. Doesn't matter how or what they do with a game there will always be those who are fearful for losing. My thought and hope is to change things just a little to lean more towards those who choose to play out in the open and want to push for fights. Its my belief that the changes I'm speaking of would benefit the game in many ways.

• Like 1

CueUp    26

Here is the thing with nerfing the circle. It has been proven by some smart Arma 3 players that if you get enough med supplies you can out heal the majority of the damage and camp outside the circle and just shoot people in the butt for the majority of the game.

You have plenty of time to move up for the circle. Yung Moolah has made a very valid point about third person being a pretty big factor in everyone waiting till the last second to move. It isn't going to change and nerfing the circle is only going to make it worse IE people out healing the circle and camping outside it. 

My thought would be to move into the center early game and hold up. If that isn't your style and you want to run and gun then the circle moving on you shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Duo's and Squads specifically Squads is a natural cluster.... anyways.

• Like 2

Gomer_Pyle    0

How about not being such cowards and get into the action earlier? If you want to be the master then you need to master it all. Getting into a good position is a very important part of this game. And when the circle is working against you it is then you need to be clever about your movement. 

I have 3 wins only but I am proud of them since I am new to this genre of game. But one thing I have learned is that positioning is the key and a little bit of luck. :)

KailJoric    74
8 hours ago, CueUp said:

Here is the thing with nerfing the circle. It has been proven by some smart Arma 3 players that if you get enough med supplies you can out heal the majority of the damage and camp outside the circle and just shoot people in the butt for the majority of the game.

You have plenty of time to move up for the circle. Yung Moolah has made a very valid point about third person being a pretty big factor in everyone waiting till the last second to move. It isn't going to change and nerfing the circle is only going to make it worse IE people out healing the circle and camping outside it. 

My thought would be to move into the center early game and hold up. If that isn't your style and you want to run and gun then the circle moving on you shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Duo's and Squads specifically Squads is a natural cluster.... anyways.

I'm not asking to nerf the circle across the board, only for end game. I'm actually saying that the early game circles should do more damage than the end game circle does now. There is too much camping and tanking of the circle in the early game. The late game circle does too much damage and is forcing people away from fights and tactics. I guess I should start posting in just a single paragraph because apparently anything more than two paragraphs and people just ignore most of what I'm saying. So, again, don't nerf the circle early game, crank up the early game circle to be as powerful or more than the current late game circle but then lower the damage of the late game circle.

• Like 1

i think its due to most of the time, when people see others they feel the need to shoot them. once they shoot they engage in a stand off and no one moves till the gas or a player gets downed.

Haren    11

Something has to be done about the circles, without a doubt. There's no time for firefights unless you're really lucky and the circle lands ontop of you and that just encourages camping which isnt good either. You always have to be running towards the circle, it really sucks. I've had plenty of games in a row now where me and my friend have just constantly been running in order to make it to the circle and as soon as we engage in combat we're immediately outside the playzone and have to just try and get out of that firefight. Otherwise we die from the circle. A game lasts for 30 minutes, why not longer? What's the hurry? Increase it to like 40 minutes atleast and we'll have plenty of more time for gunfights. I know most people agrees with this and that there's always that constant running towards circle and nothing else. Literally no time what so ever to engage with others. If you see someone you just have to ignore them and keep on running if u want to make it. It's really boring, cant believe they said they're happy with the circle speed. Did they even playtest it themselves?