Dead_Within    4

Considering Shotguns are mostly used in close quarters or in early stages of the round, there might be a way to improve them for the endgame. Adding different types of ammo could help.
1. Buckshot is the default one. Deadly at close ranges, huge spread at mid, impossible at long.
2. Slug. Single slug, instead of many pellets. Good at long range.
3. Explosive. Bad at close range. Good at mid and long. Deadly for vehicles.
4. Incendiary. Good against players with armor. Same spread as Buckshot.

Cycling between the ammo with "B" key, changing firing mode, requires another reload to activate the new type of ammo. Keeping the weapon loaded with the old type, until the player decides to actually load the new type.

Spen    107

Noooo  pls not. This is really bad in Battlefield and it would be bad in Battlegrounds.

Shotguns are only for close quarters and i did win a solo round with a shotgun so it is viable for endgame ;)

Jbwrecked    148

Yeaaaaaaaa, no. That's what looting is for. Otherwise you find a shotty (easy) and camp until the final 10 (easy). 

Bion    41

While they aren't always kept till late game, there are plenty of chances for you to flank and shoot someone at close range endgame. Or if someone is coming up near your position, they are still nice to have.

I've seen many matches won by an S12K charge, lol.

I don't think it's so much that they're bad late game, it's just that too many people choose to snipe.

War_Ight    0

I think it would be for to add 5.56 & 7.62 tracer ammunition, I think should be added to encourage long range engagements as its hard to see where you are hitting if you don't see the bullet splashes.

What do you guys think?

PolkaPickle    26

Also easier to get shot since others see the tracers too, or do you mean client side only tracers?

Terska    2
26 minutes ago, PolkaPickle said:

Also easier to get shot since others see the tracers too, or do you mean client side only tracers?

i think u dont know how tracers work in real life. basicly its nrly impossible to see tracer rounds from front but only able to seen from behind. i think it would be good idea tho

Gandaren    34
18 minutes ago, Terska said:

i think u dont know how tracers work in real life. basicly its nrly impossible to see tracer rounds from front but only able to seen from behind. i think it would be good idea tho

You can also see them from the side... making u an easy target to find :)

I say no to this idea & if it would be in. I would NEVER pick them up.

• Like 1

Terska    2
5 hours ago, Gandaren said:

You can also see them from the side... making u an easy target to find :)

I say no to this idea & if it would be in. I would NEVER pick them up.

tecnicaly not from side need to be in certant angle to see em (have experience with tracers) but they are useless in day light tho.. :D but night time + nw this game + tracers would give me boner :D

• Like 1

Stambo    64

No no no, just no is all I have to say.

As much as I hate being shot from who knows where, I would hate even worse to have my position given away by tracers when I have lucked on an 8x scope and suppressor for an AKM.

Neodude    1

So, this is something I've been mulling over in my head a little bit, and there's a chance its already been suggested before and is just super buried/I can't search well at all.

Something that i think could have the potential to add some interesting interactions into game-play would be alternate ammo types. The idea would be to have these different ammo types spawn in different level loot drops, much like backpacks/helmets.

An example would be flachette/slug rounds for shotguns, which would carry a difference in giving better accuracy to shotguns in long distance fights.

Now, this is just a fairly rough idea, and there are some things that could be said against it. One being that it "might" make it slightly more complicated/cumbersome to keep track of inventory ect with more ammo types. As well, it could be adding in needless depth to the game. However,I personally feel it would make engagements more interesting, when you would need to also consider possible ammo that opponents may have. 

But yes, I'm very interested and curious to see other peoples thoughts on this.

• Like 1

Quiz    22
Posted (edited)

I'd love to see adddional ammo types in game. The more strategic complexity the better, I say. Maybe you don't have to pick up specific ammo boxes for each type. Instead just make a specialized ammunition slot for each weapon. For example, there would be a special ammo attachment slot for the M416 and, if equipped with an AP upgrade, will make it shoot only that type of round as long as it's equipped regardless of whatever's in the actual inventory.

Maybe AP rounds penetrate body armor more easily, but do less damage to unarmored targets due to lack of fragmentation.

Perhaps API rounds would do additional damage to vehicles.

Tracers would assist in accurate placement of fire or for showing teammates target locations.

Hollow points would do extra damage to unarmored targets but very little against body armor.

Etc. Such a small addition would definitely make gameplay more exciting.

Edited by Quiz

Squii    3

i'm all for this. I play arma battleroyale and it has tracer rounds. You assume the risk that comes with it when you use them, but it greatly helps your team see where you're calling somebody out, and can be used to draw attention for a flank. Not to mention being able to gauge the bullet drop for distance engagements. As of right now ranged engagements just don't really work. I don't think it would be too hard to put in the game, and i'm sure others see the usefulness like i do.

That can be something interesting because that can let you play kinda mid-long range shotgun. Sure it will be worst at close range but can add a little more usefulness to shotgun and loadout diversity.

On 2017-4-26 at 0:44 AM, War_Ight said:

I think it would be for to add 5.56 & 7.62 tracer ammunition, I think should be added to encourage long range engagements as its hard to see where you are hitting if you don't see the bullet splashes.

What do you guys think?

Not to get off topic but the moment I read that I thought how epic it would be if the random weather conditions spawned a night map... 

Visibility dark AF and tracer rounds would look epic

Aldawgs    126
Posted (edited)

Hello War, Thanks for the suggestion this has been mentioned before.

Edited by Aldawgs

officialslix    12

adding diffrent ammunition would add to much customozation in this game next step would be manually filling up clips with the diffrent ammo types but not missing them up. 

I feel like this falls into the same discussion about the pistol effectiveness. It's a simulation survival game with 4 weapon slots. The shotgun has its place. No need to ramp the power of weapons up so that they are all equal. If someone beat me in a firefight at the end of the game in a battle in the trees for example and they had a shotgun and were miles away, I'd be more annoyed than I would be if I had mismanaged looting weapons and making sure I'm prepared for the final fight based on its environment. 

If that makes sense

Spen    107

I would like to see splinter ammunition that deal less damage but add a bleeding effect.

Boagie    0

Hey there, Pellet ammo for shotguns is nice, but the option of loading slugs even better! It'd be awesome finding a winchester 1873 and unloading slugs into another PUG

DemonFox    76

Maybe this could be an implementation in the game. It would help to find the enemies.

5223513-4110444308-giphy.gif

Do Tracers do any additional damage to vehicles? I would presume because of the added incendiary charge which gives off that light it would but I'm not sure. I could see them being added as a means to inflict additional damage to player controlled vehicles but otherwise it's a no.

CoLo1337    0

Have a suggestion about different ammunition types. For a bigger loot table and overall, customizable equip/weapon setups for various situations and game progress.

Look around for realistic designations and propertys. And create this List.

TYPES                COLOR
Normal Ammo            Grey
Armor Piercing (AP)        Red
Hollow Point (HP)        Blue
AET (AET)            Violet
Tracer (T)                Yellow

BALL “Normal“ Ammunition
COLOR: Grey
PROS: Jack-of-all-Trades

The ball "normal" round is as basic as it gets, and I'll be using it to compare other ammo types as we go along.

HOLLOW POINT Ammunition (HP)
COLOR: Blue
PROS: Increased damage on unarmored targets.

HP rounds are great in the opening stages of the game, before enemies begin to wear heavier armor. However, if the bullet has gone through light armor or hit unarmored spots, it inflicts her full damage potential.
HP Ammo can hardly make damage to targets with high armor, it might sustain only lightly damage from bullet's impact.

ARMOR PIERCING Ammunition  (AP)
COLOR: Red
PROS: Effective against armor, Can go through the target

AP rounds are especially effective against armor. After penetrating armor, an AP round will cause "regular" damage to the target's body. In later progress this rounds were the most commonly used. AP rounds can also go trough objects.

AET Ammunition (AET)
COLOR: Violet
PROS: Overall increased ballistic power!

The best of both worlds in a single bullet, this ammo type combines the penetration of an Armor Piercing round with the internal damage of Hollow Point. 
AET can also go through the target, like AP ammo.

TRACER Ammunition (T)
COLOR: Yellow
PROS:. See the projectile trajectory. More accurate, specials on long distance and Auto-fire.

This "regular" tracer ammunition is essentially "BALL" ammo, in that is possesses no special ballistic capabilities. The trace make it easier to see the projectile trajectory and drop.