fr0    4

What if everyone starts with 30 seconds of time where you dont take damage from the gas. It would encourage players to stay ahead of the gas in the early game so they could use the time in the end game where the gas is extreme.

I don't think the circle should be able to outpace someone who's sprinting while boosted and holstered. There are plenty of situations where I'm in a good position to shoot at someone but the circle is so unforgiving that I'd be risking falling behind the circle after even a 30-second engagement.

I also kinda want the circle to be bulletproof. Seeing people fogcamping in the top 20 is really frustrating, especially when they die to the field anyway.

Gnomyi    0

Hello also here to the blue circle, I would like to get rid of my opinion or criticism.

And this is from my own experience that I have made it so when you jump off and on the ground is still everything is ok but from then on starts a hunt hunt you have to run almost in a tour and exactly here I would start Because from the midgame to end I find the core should still be fighting but that does not work unfortunately because when you enter a fight and we assume you go out as a winner then you will be unfortunately already from the circle again with 2000 km / h Overtake and you have to run again. To be killed then only by the circle. And since the use of a car should not be forced.

Therefore, my suggestion perhaps starting from the midgame to reduce the shrink speed so to a speed of the normal running speed so that one can also catch the circlip again. Or stop with the circle also struggling with move. Next, extend the times between the circles. But from the midgame first.

That would be to the circle

Greetz Gnomyi

On 15.7.2017 at 5:47 AM, j0bb3r said:

Remove the option to kill people if you are outside of the blue circle taking damage.

Please do this. Just dont allow shooting when out of safezone. Would make the game soo much better !!

Moses06    9

I find it ludicrous that you can play a 30 minute round, only to lose at the end for no other reason than RNG. One team is camping in a building or behind some sort of cover, the final circle pulls to them, you and your team are forced out into an open area and just like that you wasted half an hour and were ultimately never given a legitimate chance to win the round. Everyone has experienced this, and everyone knows this issue needs to be addressed (except those who love having things handed to them, but their opinions don't matter anyway)

I've wanted this for a long time, and I'm now hearing streamers talk about it as well. The moment everyone loads into the plane the final (or second to last or maybe third to last) circle needs to be shown on the map. My preference is for the final circle to be shown but studios love RNG so much (it's a profit machine) that I know they'd never do that. Here's how I think it should be:

1. A circle (final or otherwise) is shown on the map immediately. Everyone can open their maps on the plane and immediately know where things are going to end up before they even jump.

2. The moment the final person lands on the ground, the blue circle starts moving in. It moves at a rate that is equal to how fast a player can run, minus maybe 5 percent to account for running up an incline or having to swim. This way, a player can always outrun the circle. Right now a full game takes somewhere around 30 minutes, give or take a couple of minutes. If this was kept the same it would give plenty of time for everyone to loot, even if they land nowhere near the final circle.

3. Once the blue circle starts moving, it doesn't stop until it finally matches up with the white circle shown on the map at the start of the round.

4. Because you have the ability to outrun the blue circle, if it catches you it's instant death.

This does many things.

1. It ends the pathetic tactic certain players use where they intentionally camp in the blue circle looking to shoot people in the back who are trying to play the actual game, making no attempt to make the circle themselves. The blue circle kills you instantly, so when it has passed through an area you can be 100 percent sure that area is clear.

2. Having to run a far distance to reach the circle is now your fault, you know where it's going to end up before you even jump. If the final circle is in Primorsk, and you land in Stalber, you know immediately that you're giving yourself less time to loot. But on the flip side, you know you'll probably be able to loot in peace. Either way, the decision is yours (as it should be).

3. If you approach the final circle via an open field and get shot immediately, this is also your fault. The game didn't force you into that open field, as it does now, you made that decision on your own. This brings actual strategy to the end game, for example I'd like something like 20 final circles and one is randomly chosen each round. There needs to be a high enough number of final circle possibilities for people to not get bored with the locations, but also few enough to where players can start to memorize the surrounding area of each circle to best know how to approach them. For example final circle A, you might say we'll I know on the east side there's a ridge I can use to hide my approach, the south side is an open field so I'm going to avoid that area, there's a building people camp in to the north. For each circle you can start to learn the layout, and ultimately it leads to a far more strategic final battle, one that is based on your own decisions.

4. If the circle locations were chosen carefully, there's no concern about the entire plane landing at one spot. Some of the circles should be near or even in towns, providing plenty of loot, some should be nowhere near towns, and everything in between.

I'm sure there are things that would need to be adjusted that I'm not thinking of, but overall this would drastically improve the game in my opinion. Wins would now be based on skill and decision making, RNG losses would be a thing of the past, as would deaths from blue circle campers.

• Like 1

I had almost the exact same thoughts.

Less RNG more skill. Less pressure from the blue means more time to actually play instead of constant running. ATM you can die to the blue without doing anything wrong just by landing in an unlucky spot.

For the last circle I would suggest to just keep it open and start a 5 min timer. If the timer ends with more then one team alive, its a draw.

Lei_Ying_Lo    5
Posted (edited)

Have to disagree.

The RNG is what makes it so equally exciting AND invites more skilful play in order to compensate.

Think of it this way, when RNG forces you into a bad situation but you some how pull it around and get the win.. how awesome will you feel?

The extra highs and lows from everyone suffering the same RNG is what makes the highs higher and the lows lower.

The less homogenous always equal footing the better imho.  I want those extra highs and lows which simply do not come from mediocracy. 

Edit: Certainly no Draws too! There can be only one :)

Edited by Lei_Ying_Lo
  • Like 2

Twistedgerm    2

In your suggestion of showing the final circle it would make camping at the end behind cover or in a building even worse. You would ALWAYS see a team in said building at the end of the game mowing down anyone coming towards them.

Also the blue circle always moving would completely change the game into something it is not since you would never be able to stop and loot if you are on foot. Vice versa if you could out run the blue circle then it wouldn't be a threat anymore.

Overall these two things would change the game into something it clearly is not.

To the second commenter; Draws are a terrible idea and should never be implemented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twistedgerm said:

In your suggestion of showing the final circle it would make camping at the end behind cover or in a building even worse. You would ALWAYS see a team in said building at the end of the game mowing down anyone coming towards them.

Also the blue circle always moving would completely change the game into something it is not since you would never be able to stop and loot if you are on foot. Vice versa if you could out run the blue circle then it wouldn't be a threat anymore.

Overall these two things would change the game into something it clearly is not.

To the second commenter; Draws are a terrible idea and should never be implemented.

I agree. And since it most of the time closes on open areas there can't be campers inside a building. Besides there will always be people camping somewhere since it is a survival game

twoski    5
Posted (edited)

slow down the 3 final circles so sprinting players can outpace them and the game will be perfect

Edited by twoski

Zork80    36

My suggestion:  Make the circle or instant death

Circle does not move gradually, but you will get a timer for when you need to be inside the new safe zone. If you do not reach circle in time, due to fighting someone, looting or maybe flipping your car, well, sorry, you are all out of luck. You will die, instantly!:)

Edited by Zork80

Scubby    0

hello there Devs, 

I play your game every single day. I've seen all of the good and all of the bad. I'm telling you right now the core mechanics in this game are broken and need to be repaired before anything else is addressed. Since this is the Level Design forum I'll stick to that subject. The new circle system is complete garbage and is forcing all players to centralize in a zone that consists of 50% water where you can't even fight. What this means is that in order to fight (the main purpose of the game) you need to be on land. The only problem is that when you're on the coast your dead before you can even get a position. On the coast of the maps there NEEDS to be areas where there are different places for cover. How do you guys think it's acceptable to have a Battle Royal shooter where RNG is the primary deciding factor in the outcome of a match? At the beginning sure, but towards the end of the game there NEEDS to be cover for engagements to be fair. This was never a problem when the game first released, but with the new update and these HORRID circles, you guys need to re-design the way the edge of the maps are played. Put some sand dunes, driftwood, logs, broken down boats, etc... on the shorelines, give us SOMETHING to play around terrain wise. 

Also for the love of God, if you're going to put choke points in the game (military base bridges) make them viable for all types of engagements. Not just a few cars here and there with a super narrow bridge, widen the choke, and put more COVER. The players who have the better gunskill should win a fight 9/10 times. Positioning should matter, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor in a choke point fight. Especially if it's life or death chosen by the circle. The ridges in the game need to be smoothed out, and some hill ranges need to be made climbable. 

Spen    115

So do I read this correct that you died on the beach in your last game and are salty now?

I wish you more luck next time. Nothing more to say on this.

Cars are the new FOTM. Had a game with 5 cars visible 3 playing bumber cars....   The blue is way broken. You can have games where you loot the first min then sprint for 15 min none-stop  and still be killed by the blue.

On 7/21/2017 at 6:27 PM, Twistedgerm said:

I have to disagree with you. Camping is easy because you can take the other by surprise. But if everyone knows the location there is no surprise.

Showing the end location will add some awesome endgame like fights to the game even before the blue RNGs everyone to death. And its still your decision if you go in early and fight a bunch of dudes or if you circle outside and get in as the blue advances. There really is no downside to it. Just less RNG. However more choices and skill matters more.

The blue should not decide games at is doing atm. Your choice matters 20% the blue 80%. That sucks. The blue should only be there as a turn timer to eventually end a round.

Edited by nevertrustthehype

ImbaSkadi    0

What about not one circle to all players but every player would have their personal circle that leads everyone to common area eventually? These circles don't have to start shrinking in the same moment, so it's harder to determine when it is good time to duck-hunt. It also cuts circle border-camping ect.

Whiplash27    5

Just make the game calculate the first circle at the start of the game before players drop and then have more vehicles spawn in the outer areas. It would fix a lot of issues. Also, the circle closing speed should be based on the amount of players remaining. The more players, the faster it moves. This would help thin out the herd more quickly. The most exciting part of this game is the end and sometimes it goes way too quickly. The top 20 should be slower to allow players to take more time, move slowly, etc. 

Desirsar    11

If the circle moves far away, STOP LOOTING.  Get in a car and move there, loot something inside the new circle.  Sure, take a calculate risk and loot somewhere just in time, but there are ways to avoid it.  Dropping near the center of the map minimizes this risk, try that too.  There are enough options available to avoid any problems with the circle, you're simply making the game more difficult for yourself.

As far as RNG and "skill", it is also a skill to be able to deal with extreme movement to stay in the circle.  In asking for the circle to be removed or made "easy", you're asking for the game to be less about skill, not more, because it would align with the particular skills you have or lack.

Edited by Desirsar

Whiplash27    5

For the most part it's easy to avoid getting stuck in the circle. A few strategies that make dealing with being on the outside of the circle less annoying:

1. Find a vehicle while you're landing. Take it and go to wherever you plan on looting. Now you have a getaway car.
  2. If you didn't do that, then start searching along the roads for cars (cars spawn along roads, not in the fields). You shouldn't have to travel more than a couple minutes before finding one (otherwise you're just unlucky). The issue of course is finding a car with enough seats for your squad. For solo and duo that's not a problem.
  3. If you don't want to do all of that then drop into the center of the map since odds are that you will either be in the first circle or close to it.

Using these strategies you'll almost never have to worry about spending minutes at a time running through the electric field and turning PUBG into a sprinting simulator. That said, I do think the blue circle could use some tweaking (more late game)... but it's not as bad as people like to make it out.

Edited by Whiplash27

B42    0

Suggestion: Starting from the fourth circle, the blue should be always moving

• This would prevent the drastic re-positioning that gets most players killed
  • The next circle would still be shown on the map, (so the circle isn't just moving the the center of the remaining play zone)
  • It would move at a decreased pace so it would still reach the next circle at the same time

Currently, you're more likely to be killed by or because of the blue circle than by another player

Obmoc    2

I think the speed is fine. It promotes tension in the late game and ramps up intensity like a good arcade game. Keep it as is. My only change would be to its coloring. I would change it to red to reflect danger. Then i would also adjust the color on the supply drop smoke to green or blue.

Whiplash27    5
13 hours ago, B42 said:

Suggestion: Starting from the fourth circle, the blue should be always moving

• This would prevent the drastic re-positioning that gets most players killed
  • The next circle would still be shown on the map, (so the circle isn't just moving the the center of the remaining play zone)
  • It would move at a decreased pace so it would still reach the next circle at the same time

Currently, you're more likely to be killed by or because of the blue circle than by another player

Maybe the circle could just be moving the entire game. Just have the white circle and blue circle move for the entire game. White circle tells you where the center is moving and the blue circle fills in to that point. It would probably more difficult to code that, but I'd imagine that the game would just have to store the prior locations of the white circle and have the blue circle follow that path.

I still think that the last circles should actually move slower than the first circles.

Edited by Whiplash27

The circle is a bit too transparent - I feel like it would work better if it were more opaque - and therefore harder to see out of and into. 
It would serve to disadvantage people who would otherwise try to camp the blue zone - either coming or going. 
It doesn't have to be a fog - but some visual impediment.