First let me say that I feel strongly enough about this to register a forum account.  It will likely be my only post and I'll keep it short.

1) The circle's damage is WONDERFUL, perfect, don't change it.

2) it moves WAY too fast mid to late game.  We should be able to outrun it.  I would rather see the beginning circle move faster and the later ones move slower as it shrinks down.  Right around the time that there are ~20 people in the game it should move at a jog (only outpaced by a sprint).  when there are 10 people left it should move at a crouch walk's pace, jog should be able to outrun it.  The game is called 'Battlegrounds' not 'Battlecircle'.... which is what this game feels like at this time.

:) Thank you.

• Like 24

ZurvivorLDG    0
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, whskytangofxtrot said:

First let me say that I feel strongly enough about this to register a forum account.  It will likely be my only post and I'll keep it short.

2) it moves WAY too fast mid to late game.  We should be able to outrun it.  I would rather see the beginning circle move faster and the later ones move slower as it shrinks down.  Right around the time that there are ~20 people in the game it should move at a jog (only outpaced by a sprint).  when there are 10 people left it should move at a crouch walk's pace, jog should be able to outrun it.  The game is called 'Battlegrounds' not 'Battlecircle'.... which is what this game feels like at this time.

Definitely agree with the speed at mid to late game, it was going so fast and I was losing so much health as well someone was shooting at me once. 

Edited by ZurvivorLDG

Ragotag    72
7 minutes ago, whskytangofxtrot said:

1.  Totally agree.

2.  Totally disagree; IMO, having SA (situational awareness) on the circle is part of the BR style game mechanics, and should come with a hefty penalty transitioning from mid to late game.  If anything, perhaps the shrink timers late game (last few circles) need to be made a little longer to allow skirmishes to play out a bit.

• Like 3

sam0uraiii    2

1.  Totally agree.

2. Totally agree, it's way too fast and the end game is only RUN RUN RUN, the end game need more tactic approach and not BATTLECIRCLE.

• Like 1

CokeFlakes    9
Posted (edited)

I think if it wouldn't be fast and hurt mid to late game, half of ppl would "gascamp" till the end...it's already way too ridicoulus how many ppl left for a tiny ass circle at the end - especially in team games -...there are a tons of car spawns and stuff like that to get into the safe zone in time without taking damage imo. Time is fine as well in my opinion, it's almost an hour to play out a full match if you are playing againts smart or good players. It's really well balanced and coordinated in my experience, I would just make the terrain smoother because there are way too many edges and little sharp things on the map where you can flip your car to useless :D

Edited by CokeFlakes
  • Like 1

>beginning circle needs to move faster

are you insane? it needs to move slower. in fact, all circle moves need to move slower.

• Like 4

Nando    17

My only concern with the circle is it moves too fast and is often easy to miss in the heat of battle. There needs to be some sort of very obvious audio alert that it is moving.

• Like 2

blackdude0    150

This might be a thing of taste, but I like how the mid-end game circle works. As long as I am ahead of it, I get to shoot people that try to out run it.

- I think, that is an intended thing.

- The final circles are indeed rough. But without them the top 5 would be waaaaaaay less tense and wayyy too dull (IMO).

azza_001    32
7 hours ago, whskytangofxtrot said:

it moves WAY too fast mid to late game.  We should be able to outrun it.

The point of its speed is to make you fear it. You should be aiming tonne in the white circle at all times. The fact it move in at any speed slower than instantly is a kindness. 

azza_001    32
7 hours ago, whskytangofxtrot said:

when there are 10 people left it should move at a crouch walk's pace,

The circle is t here for your convenience it's an enemy and wants you dead. 

48 minutes ago, azza_001 said:

The circle is t here for your convenience it's an enemy and wants you dead. 

we should be able to kill the circle, but it has too much damage to deal quickly

• Like 1

Nobody    23

Hi everyone,

I know some people like the way the circles are, but I also know it's a split opinion, I am of the later, it simply feels a little off for me personally, but it's close to being perfect.
I have some suggestions that could help alleviate some of the problems some players may have. 

• - Slower Circle Speed.
  • - Larger Circle Sizes.
  • - Extra Time between Stages.
  • - Extra Circle Stage (% Based, # of pl left), Game decides itself.
  • - Change how Circle is Selected, (Highest % of Players within x vicinity)
  • - Show the next Circle on the map before it happens.
  • - Add more cover.
    Farmlands - More blown up Tractors/Ploughers and more Barns (Doesn't have to have loot spawns), sheds, houses.
    Hills - Trees/Rock Cover, Add some smaller buildings, Some dirt roads, more Campsites, Caravan Parks.
    Plainlands - Small Football Fields (Near School etc), Rock cover, Tree cover, Bush cover, More dirt roads, Sheds, More little towns (Doesn't have to have loot spawns).

Take your picks, I would definitely love for more Cover, but some circle tweaks could also be made for overall improvement.
Nothing to extreme has been suggested, I've tried to keep it simple as to not change it too much, I know the direction the Dev team has gone with the Circles is intentional.

Thanks for reading, post any feedback/other suggestions relevant to the discussion.
Nobody.

• Like 10

Devilstar    1

I agree that the game needs to be slowed down a bit so you can actually enjoy the round a bit more. It really sux winning an intense fight only to waist time cause the blue bubble shoots pass you and kills you.

• Like 1

Devil_tv    6

this is what i was suggesting also in my thread the force field is taking away the fights awesomeness as the game turns into just outrunning the force field

TopDawg    2

yea you get tied up in a firefight next thing you know circle is gone and the blue line is biting your ass.......  however enjoying it, just ned to get past 17th keep getting sniped at 17th :(

• Like 2

blackdude0    150

If you know the circle is coming, why would you stay in a fire fight? Get out of there, and reposition yourself so you can kill who ever you where fighting while they are still in the zone. Once they see you runnning and doging they will decide to run themselves.

CokeFlakes    9

larger circles? it's already a huge part of the map at the beginning. Showing the next circle before it pops is the most illegit thing I have ever read. Slightly more extra time the only thing I can agree with...everything else would made the game Arma 3 BR which is 10 times slower than this one. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, blackdude0 said:

If you know the circle is coming, why would you stay in a fire fight? Get out of there, and reposition yourself so you can kill who ever you where fighting while they are still in the zone. Once they see you runnning and doging they will decide to run themselves.

Bang on mate, the only time the circle has been super annoying is when i have forgotten it! now that's my fault :D

• Like 2

The circle is too impactful of the game, it's supposed to keep players engaged in battle but in all honesty it just ruins gameplay, 3 games out of 10 I battle someone and as I'm looting them for their bullets the wall flies by and I die, it should be moving at a pace where you can run past it atleast. Right now it's killing off atleast 30 out of 100 players.. 

• Like 1

blackdude0    150
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TrulyFurious said:

The circle is too impactful of the game, it's supposed to keep players engaged in battle but in all honesty it just ruins gameplay, 3 games out of 10 I battle someone and as I'm looting them for their bullets the wall flies by and I die, it should be moving at a pace where you can run past it atleast. Right now it's killing off atleast 30 out of 100 players.. 

If you know the wall is coming, why do you loot  the body?
Then 30 out of 100 players did not manage to get them selfs in a proper position. Thats the point of the wall. If you forget it and get caught, RIP.

Edited by blackdude0
  • Like 2

CokeFlakes    9
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TrulyFurious said:

The only way you can be fucked by the circle when you forget about it. Never choose bullets againts your life bro.

Edited by CokeFlakes

2 hours ago, CokeFlakes said:

The only way you can be fucked by the circle when you forget about it. Never choose bullets againts your life bro.

That's not the point, the point is that it ruins gameplay, if you're running to evade the circle but get intercepted by someone in a building ahead, then there's no way for you to get there safely without getting rekt by the wall. It's a good thing but it just moves too quickly. You should be able to restock after a firefight rather than having to run from an electic wall and show up to the last fight with a machete wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

Blacky    65

I mostly disagree. Circles might benefit from some fine tuning, but they feel mostly OK to me for now. Maybe they could be a little bit slower especially at the middle stage, but overall feels OK.

• Like 1

AkkaNation    1

I agree the circle moves way to fast in the end. 

The thing I like about this game is the gun play. But due to the speed of the circle most of the time you have to avoid the combat if you don't want to die cause of it.

I hope this will change in the future.

crunch-    5
6 hours ago, AkkaNation said:

I agree the circle moves way to fast in the end. 

The thing I like about this game is the gun play. But due to the speed of the circle most of the time you have to avoid the combat if you don't want to die cause of it.

I hope this will change in the future.

You just have to plan ahead and be aware how long it takes you to get to the next zone, it seems as though everyone complaining about the circle speed gets caught up trying to fight people instead of ensuring they are at the next circle. 

• Like 1