Sign in to follow this  
Nobody

Reconnect button

It was already stated that there will be no reconnect feature. We understand that it is frustrating but it will create unfair situations.

Judge_    9
Posted (edited)

On 29/03/2017 at 4:38 AM, Slyvinlisha said:

"Yes it is unfortunate and frustrating but also not game breaking."

I disagree to the extent that I'm pretty sure this is just wrong. It is game breaking, as reducing any duo or squad by a man, while manageable, is in fact game breaking. Either everybody quits out to do a restart at that point, or your team plays on at a disadvantage.

On 02/04/2017 at 0:16 PM, Bushelofcrabs said:

"...a game with a leaderboard...get DC'd...wins negated...definitely is game breaking"

I paraphrased the quote, but this is quite accurate. Even in solo: it is game breaking.

On 29/03/2017 at 4:38 AM, Slyvinlisha said:

"...already stated that this will not happen..." "...it will be unfair..."

Is there a source to back this up? I'm missing which game mechanic could be exploited. :S

Edited by Judge_
Corrected formatting (whole post was put into a quote)

9 minutes ago, Judge_ said:

I disagree to the extent that I'm pretty sure this is just wrong. It is game breaking, as reducing any duo or squad by a man, while manageable, is in fact game breaking. Either everybody quits out to do a restart at that point, or your team plays on at a disadvantage.

I paraphrased the quote, but this is quite accurate. Even in solo: it is game breaking.

Is there a source to back this up? I'm missing which game mechanic could be exploited. :S

No it is not game breaking. It puts you in a disadvantage. Those are two different things. If you don't like playing in a disadvantage, you can quit the game and queue into a new match.

And yes PLAYERUNKNOWN already stated that there will be no reconnect button as it will create unfair advantage in the dev stream. Because people will exploit it by either disconnecting their net or somehow disconnecting from the game and then logging back in at a later time in the match to put themselves in a higher advantage when less people are left.

Nomad    676
Just now, Slyvinlisha said:

No it is not game breaking. It puts you in a disadvantage. Those are two different things. If you don't like playing in a disadvantage, you can quit the game and queue into a new match.

And yes PLAYERUNKNOWN already stated that there will be no reconnect button as it will create unfair advantage in the dev stream. Because people will exploit it by either disconnecting their net or somehow disconnecting from the game and then logging back in at a later time in the match to put themselves in a higher advantage when less people are left.

I agree completely with this. Thou I have thought to myself what about having a reconnect timer. If your game crashes, you have say 45 seconds to 1 minute to reconnect, if you pass that to bad you are out of the match. But, again the misuse people could do with that would be most likely exploited eventually. 

Judge_    9
36 minutes ago, Slyvinlisha said:

It puts you in a disadvantage.

A disadvantage reduces your chance to succeed; being disconnected for any reason is not a disadvantage, as that round is over for you; it is quite accurately broken. With that said, I agree that your team mates would be at a disadvantage.

36 minutes ago, Slyvinlisha said:

disconnecting their net or somehow disconnecting from the game

This results in your character remaining in game, ready to be killed at any point, which means there is no opportunity for an unfair advantage to be had. Quite conversely (and with a touch of irony), you're at a disadvantage while waiting to reconnect.

There is no reconnect exploit to be had based on that mechanic.

While it is likely that a reconnect option may yield no benefit (due to the player's likely demise while being forced AFK in game), through teamwork, communication (and fun and engaging gameplay) there is an opportunity for you to pull through the disadvantageous disconnect.

Also, can i sub to the dev stream? is it this?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Judge_ said:

A disadvantage reduces your chance to succeed; being disconnected for any reason is not a disadvantage, as that round is over for you; it is quite accurately broken. With that said, I agree that your team mates would be at a disadvantage.

This results in your character remaining in game, ready to be killed at any point, which means there is no opportunity for an unfair advantage to be had. Quite conversely (and with a touch of irony), you're at a disadvantage while waiting to reconnect.

There is no reconnect exploit to be had based on that mechanic.

While it is likely that a reconnect option may yield no benefit (due to the player's likely demise while being forced AFK in game), through teamwork, communication (and fun and engaging gameplay) there is an opportunity for you to pull through the disadvantageous disconnect.

Also, can i sub to the dev stream? is it this?

Yes that is the official channel.

The character remaining in game is not something that will be happening after everything is ironed out. This is not a MOBA game. If you DC, you're out.

Rebeldingo    2

This is a shame that the team will be put at a disadvantage in any Duo or squad game with a dc, computer crash or in game crash as the team will be down a player. I've just had an hour and a half of loading screens and lobby due to dc and game crashes between the squad. I understand that this is early access, but reconnecting would fix a lot.

• Like 2

Judge_    9
Just now, Slyvinlisha said:

The character remaining in game is not something that will be happening after everything is ironed out.

...and the penny drops. lol. So, while it works that way now (and would be an elegant solution to re-connection being a problem), it is not intended.

2 minutes ago, Slyvinlisha said:

This is not a MOBA game. If you DC, you're out.

Whether it's a MOBA or not is irrelevant to the discussion. Game type doesn't define whether you consider the nature of online gaming.

Even after all issues are sorted, internet disconnects can occur for any number of reasons, within or outside of both the player and server's control. That is the nature of online gaming. As it stands: a brief hiccup in internet connection means a player and any potential squad mate is punished. Less than ideal for the customer base, which is re-enforced by this suggestion i suppose.

Should I post a separate suggestion thread for leaving the character's player in game and having a reconnect option? With some tweaks to how this works while driving vehicles and other potentially impacted game mechanics, this is a game solution that makes sense. It also plays into other factors that haven't been considered in this discussion. If not, I can post further detail in this thread.

Full Tang    8

Maybe I don't understand the intricacies of the internet cheating/exploit system, but I fail to understand how a stationary character that can be killed or otherwise reconnected to puts you at any kind of advantage. If they decide to make it where the character completely disappears, that is not consistent to the current gameplay of looting dead bodies, enemies or friends. If when you D/C your character remains in the game to be at the mercy of the circles or enemy players, how do you gain any sort of an advantage once/if you are able to reconnect? 

• Like 1

Judge_    9

4 minutes ago, Full Tang said:

Maybe I don't understand the intricacies of the internet cheating/exploit system, but I fail to understand how a stationary character that can be killed or otherwise reconnected to puts you at any kind of advantage.

It isn't, which is the what causes confusion for anyone that has played in duo/squad. Apparently the character staying in-game is not an intended game mechanic; once "fixed", reconnecting could at that point be exploited to teleport you away from danger.

I've suggested in this thread, along with the OP, that it remain in game as an intended mechanic. Indirectly, of course, as this makes up part of the re-connection suggestion.

• Like 1

Louen    2

fI truly believe that a Reconnect system should be developed before Final Release.

I've been reading some messages like this:

And after playing a lot, with a lot of disconnections, a reconnect possibility is a must. It is incredibly frustrating (it happened me more than 5 times) to have a crash or a disconnection after 15 minutes of gameplay and not having the possibility of coming back into the game in progress.

It's also a pain to play for example Squad match, and one fellow gets disconnected in the first 5-10 minutes and having to play 3 players the rest of the match or being forced to leave to get the disconnected guy back with us. This has happened to me like 20+ times easily. Is more boring for the guy to have to wait without even spectating for the next 5-15 minutes.

Obviously with further optimization of the network, and stability fixes of the game client this issues will be less incidentally than currently. 

But implementing a re-connect system will be an easy fix meanwhile to have a better product. And we have to remember that disconnects do not have to forcibly be caused by game: Power Outages, Windows Memory leakages, or even micro-network cuts of the local internet provider could lead to a disconnection. So despite that currently we all have better computers and better online services, this still happens and a reconnect system could be a life-in game-saver.

Even low-quality games like Battlerite have a re-connect system, so I feel this could be a major feature to improve this awesome game.

Louen    2

Reading this makes me believe that for some reason the development team has found huge issues to implement this type of reconnect system

I remember with Heroes of the Storm when someone dropped there was a rubbish implemented system that had to do a playback of the whole game at 8x speed until it got to your position. So if you dropped in the first minute, you will reconnect immediately, but if you dropped within 30 minutes of game, you will not probably reconnect back

So from this point, this made me think that reconnect in games was not a trivial fix. There might be plenty of complexity in the implementation.

So It will be much easier to say that there is a disadvantage or whatever excuse for 3 reasons:

1. Mostly because it doesn't make any sense:

- We join a 4 squad: One drop. He stands still in the middle of the city. 
- After 2 minutes, he reconnects. He doesn't have weapons, armor or whatever, he is still nearly naked. 
- And before that 2 minutes, there was a possibility of someone coming along and killing him.

2. Let's say that the developers could not develop a system to maintain the player in the battleground while disconnected:

- What difference there will be, compared to a guy, that drops in a random place in a house in the middle of nowhere and sits down for 5 minutes?

3. Issues implementing: Client drops: First is not the same an Internet drop than a game crash. And this is not a Counter-Strike game that you only have to heartbeat 10 players: This is more like an MMO. When you drop connection in an MMO your char is still there most of the time in the middle of nowhere "brainless", and you may have to wait 1-5 minutes until you can reconnect back (the time until the server processes that you are not responding to pingbacks). I don't know if you have played games like Albion Online, that they could just kill you and rob all your things: When you disconnect you suffer more than when hitting the nightstand with the toes.

I believe there is a no easy solution, to do this as fast as possible so that the player does not reconnect like in 10 minutes when the game is over...

But looking forward in the future for a solution could be long-term implemented before game final release with a helpful solution that takes at most 3 minutes to the player to reconnect. Obviously, it's a pretty big disadvantage to that player to start 3 minutes late, but for example in Squad mode, the squad can easily provide this player of equipment to keep helping. Obviously in 1vs1 mode is completely useless a reconnect and in 2vs2 mode could be also helpful like in Squad mode.

So I believe that just taking in consideration this future implementation will give a level of quality to the game for the excellence.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I Would just like to give some feedback on this EPIC game.I have played a couple fo hours now and still loving it !.

Thing is Reconection.. Will you be able to Reconect to a Game if you are Playing Due or Squad. Reson I ask is because I was playing due dan game crashed and could not reconect and my friend won the game but now I did not share the stats since I was out of the game and no way to reconect.

Edited by AfterShockXD

Jbwrecked    148

I figured you probably meant to type more before submitting but my answer is non-contingent on the reasoning anyway. 

Probably not because it can be abused to disconnect at convenient times and reconnect when there's fewer people. I'd vote no reconnect and if loss in connection, back to the lobby it is and start a new game. 

2 minutes ago, Jbwrecked said:

I figured you probably meant to type more before submitting but my answer is non-contingent on the reasoning anyway. 

Probably not because it can be abused to disconnect at convenient times and reconnect when there's fewer people. I'd vote no reconnect and if loss in connection, back to the lobby it is and start a new game. 

If your Body still Stays on when You DC it would make Combat logging Useless !

Jbwrecked    148

Eh, I guess if you're body is still apparent then it could work since you would essentially seem like you were just AFK.

In a different scenario, what if people intentionally disconnect by just closing the game? I feel like that would allow another random body around to be shot and used as points and that could also be abused. 

I guess it would really just depend on the devs and how they view the problem. 

ATM I am playing internationaly. and when i got DC'd my Body Remaind on the Game asif I was AFK. The Dome killed me after a while. 

I would love to see you implement a reconnect button if you get dced or something happens to your game, it would be so awesome to see!

/regards Mikefish

www.twitch.tv/mikkefisk