Sign in to follow this  
Nobody

Reconnect button

Nobody    22

Says it in the title.

I have been suddenly getting disconnection problems, would be great if they added a reconnect feature.

• Like 5

Faentomet    0
Spoiler

Yes, this should without a doubt be implemented, so one can reconnect if you're suddenly  disconnected during the game - or if you had da crash.

Ragotag    72

@OP:  +1

Dev could even have your avatar drop to the knocked out stance while disconnected, keeping your avatar in game and vulnerable and perhaps even utilizing all the knocked out game mechanics to include slow health loss until you reconnect.  Of course, this means that you might also bleed out before you get reconnected, but hey -- it is balanced IMO. 

AndehX    51

yeah I think this needs to be implemented carefully because it could be very easily abused.  (3 people left, 1 disconnected for a minute to let the other 2 fight it out and then reconnects)

I think you should only be able to reconnect while there's more than 10 people left.  Once it falls below 10 people, if you disconnect then you cannot rejoin.

CasualCreed    15

Only way I see this beeing possible is by having the character not disapare when dc'ing. So, if your character is alive when you log back in, you can go on it, but the character can die from shots and circle as if you were in just stansing there.

azza_001    32
Posted (edited)

Sorry guys there's too much abuse with thisfeatire.  If you get kicked off it's just a shitty thing you have to live with. 

Edited by azza_001

Ragotag    72
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, azza_001 said:

Sorry guys there's too much abuse with thisfeatire.  If you get kicked off it's just a shitty thing you have to live with. 

Abuse can always be mitigated with proper game mechanics.  Put DC'ed player toons into knockout mode and let them loose health over time.  Maybe they get shot - they can't defend themselves, maybe they die to the circle - they can't move.  If a player manages to reconnect to a live toon, they recover as if revived and have minimum health as it works now.  How could anyone abuse that game mechanic?  

Edited by Ragotag
  • Like 1

Sedrani    34

It would be nice to give players a fair chance to  shortly reconnect after a disconnect. Im talking of very short disconnects. It happened once in my 32 playing hours that i shortly disconnected on teamspeak steam and PUBG for around 10 seconds. i was in the top 10 with a mate and it felt bad not being able to get back in the game.
Your body is just standing still when you disconnect so anybody can shoot you, if you reconnect in the next minute and land on the same spot it wouldnt be unfair to other players since everybody can shoot you in this one minute. You continue where you left if you are lucky enough not being dead already by players or the electric field.

If thats not possible it would be nice to reconnect at least to spectate your mate finishing the game. Waiting in the Menu for 20 minutes just because you had a short DC is pretty boring.

What do you think?

RockeyRex    3

This. Oh god this. It's a huge waste of being it's own game if not this.

Sadly PU didn't warm up to this idea earlier what I talked about this but things might have (hopefully) changed.

Pascal    2

Hey,

my Suggestion is a reconnect button. I hate it if i start a game, get a crash and my mate need to play alone.

• Like 2

Killer1021a    9
21 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Hey,

my Suggestion is a reconnect button. I hate it if i start a game, get a crash and my mate need to play alone.

This would be really nice... My group has been having to team kill the one who disconnected and just take their gear cause we know he can't come back. 

Funny story was the other night my buddy was driving us toward the circle and crashed. He just kept driving in a straight line. I didn't think to shoot him and was just terrified that I'm now stuck in this moving car til we die or run out of gas. Luckily about 2 min later he ran into a rock and slowed enough for me to hop out. But then I had to watch my friend drive off with that beautiful SKS with an 8x. I was really sad about that. 

Thinking back.... I should have just shot out the tire.... Dangit. -_-

Heinz    39
4 minutes ago, Slyvinlisha said:

PU already stated that this will not happen as it will create unfair situations.

I'm not sure what is less fair - entering a duos game and having my partner crash as we exit the aircraft, rendering my game a solo game vs 49 other teams of 2, or simply letting the player that crashed rejoin where they would have landed on the ground.

I had a game yesterday where I never saw the pre-game island, didn't load into the plane, didn't load in during the jump. I just had the loading screen the entire time, but all of the audio of the normal game. I stuck with it, and low and behold, I finally loaded. On the ground, the other side of the island from my teammate, and we were already down to 80-some people left. How would letting someone re-join in a situation like that be unfair? Their avatar is already in the game. Someone could have killed me and I would have started in spectator.

Instead, we end up with situations where guys have to TK their teammates to get gear off of them because the game has a problem (it's EA, I understand, not criticizing, just point out the "fairness") and it renders them a man down through no fault of their own.

• Like 1

Well once those issues are resolved, it will be unfair as optimization/FPS won't be an issue.

And there are things higher on the list to be taken care of than a reconnect. Yes it is unfortunate and frustrating but also not game breaking.

Fentanyl    1

I think it would create a very unfair playing platform as people who are injured could simply dc their internet to stop from dying in a fight and reconnect when team says its safe. I could see that happening very frequently with a reconnect button IMO

Heinz    39
4 hours ago, Fentanyl said:

I think it would create a very unfair playing platform as people who are injured could simply dc their internet to stop from dying in a fight and reconnect when team says its safe. I could see that happening very frequently with a reconnect button IMO

DC'ing doesn't currently get rid of your character in-game. They remain until they are (usually) killed by the zone.

So in your example, they'd be in a firefight, DC, and then someone could just walk up and kill them anyway. Essentially, you're surrendering control of your character to the fates of whatever happens. There would be literally 0 benefit to having a reconnect button, outside of letting people that DC'ed/had a game freeze/etc back into the game - granted their character is still alive where they left them. It's not spawning a new character, getting rid of their character, or anything like that.

4 hours ago, Slyvinlisha said:

Well once those issues are resolved, it will be unfair as optimization/FPS won't be an issue.

And there are things higher on the list to be taken care of than a reconnect. Yes it is unfortunate and frustrating but also not game breaking.

::Thumbs up::

that it is game breaking if you're the one that can't play because of it; but as you said, once netcode/optimization gets cleaned up it shouldn't be as large of an issue.

Imposs    0

Sometimes my friend got disc from game(host connection  lost) or he/me crash and hes character still in game till he die but he not able to rejoin and play so plz add this function.

BulletL    4

Yes 100% a number of times my mates and I have needed to reconnect after a game crash or high ping.

PandahSykes    76

I'm sure we've all experienced it : getting "connection with host has been lost" or just plain crashed / frozen right in the middle of a squad (or not) match . You are still in the party and you can still see your teammates at the main menu when you get back but you cannot rejoin them !

i suggest the devs add an option to reconnect like a button, as steam join doesn't work and there's no way to get back into a disconnected game :(

• Like 2

Tobias4040    1

1.That´s my problem aswell. My internet restarts every 8 hours and when im ingame and it restarts I time out without any Information about it. The only way of seeing that is btw that i can´t equip weapons, loot stuff or people who are running only in one direction. Maybe add a "No connection" thing or give me the ability to reconnect (My character stays afk on his last position). I know that it´s mainly my problem but people with game crashes could profit by adding that function aswell.
BTW the problem with staying alive for too long isn´t existing because the Zone is going to kill you or some random guy is.

In my eyes it´s way to anoying if you play with your Friends and you time out with good stuff and you need to wait for them to Finish the game. Or you just get frustrated because you ALWAYS time out in the good rounds.... (RIP lvl.3 armor and helmet, bye ak and meds. Till next time in early game :P)

2. Killing downed players takes way to many bullets. 5 Bullets to kill someone 6/7 to finish him... (good for the teamplay but it kills you sometimes)

3. Add a recent match section where you can see your Stats (15 from 100, 346 credits, 6 Kills, 2 downed, 99 damage dealed...)

• Like 1

How is it possibly not game breaking? You create a game with a leaderboard. I get DC'd before I even get on the plane for an unknown reason with a top end computer. So that leaderboard? I now have one of my wins negated (or when im top 500 rank more then 1 win negated) in a game with a competitive leaderboard. It definitely is game breaking sir.

MrShadowGUN    18

Game server ruining my whole duo/squad game-play. Every second game starts we get a strong hand on area and game kicks by saying disconnected from host. The thing is pissing alot . Anyone of you get disconnection? The worst luck is when we are in better stage at that time it kick me from server. The game doesn't kill me. So my teammates get stuff from me.