Caesar of Roma

Known Work Arounds - General Bugs

11 posts in this topic

Hello Players,

Here is a list of known work arounds for common bugs that are found in game, sourced by the community. These are temporary until the team at Bluehole can get a chance to permanently resolve them. These are not guaranteed fixes and they may not work for everyone. If you have a work around please post it here and I'll add it to the list. This post will be constantly updated with new information as it becomes available.

If you have a connection/steam/launch issue try this thread: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboards and the reward system are a work in progress. The stats may not update right away or you may not get your items. Sorry for the inconvenience and please bear with us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1. Unable to use Medkit/Bandages/Pills and other boost items.

WA- Drop your weapons and pick them back up, this should enable healing and boost items

WA2- Firing your weapon one time has been reported to correct this bug as well. -Thanks, @Wags

2. Before getting to the main menu you face this screen. 

58fc2773eba5c_Screenshot(187).png.63360163e670e5211c6ab3707dca0736.thumb.png.fdfcae7391cee08fb4baa47828c38667.png

WA - You will want to run CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes. This also goes if you have a website pop up before you get to the main menu. 

3. Stuck on an infinite loading screen where you can still hear game sounds. 

WA-"There is a fix circulating around that switching your game to a SSD works, however if you're like me you don't own an SSD.

I found a fix that works for me 100% of the time that does not require an SSD.

Once you are loaded into the game and can hear the audio, ALT+TAB out of and then into the game. Once you're window focuses back in, open your inventory (default: TAB). It will vary on the speed on which it takes the loading screen to go away, but it usually fixes before you get in the plane."

-Thanks, @McChicken-Tan

4. Stuck on "matching", unable to cancel or get into a game. 

18175886_10155153724608548_1368763933_o.png.39692b3784bd0b13aa544a65144bc55b.thumb.png.189e789e66edc2284bfe55a95ab5ea6c.png

WA - "We have found a temporary workaround that you may use until the real issue is resolved.  

1. Create a new Steam account or login to a preexisting account that does not own the game.
  2. Log back into the main Steam account affected by the bug.
  3. Allow Family-Sharing (via Steam) from said main account to the new/secondary account.
  4. Log back into the new/secondary account, start the game, and create a new character.
    1. Note:  This workaround will not carry over any progress/settings/configuration from your primary account.

I hope this temporary workaround helps those of you affected by the bug have the opportunity to play the game again, at the very least."

-Thanks, Yunkin! 

5. Lost Connection to Server

WA - note: when i say the lost connection to server bug i mean the one where after you been playing for 10 minutes or so you suddenly cannot reload or open doors and then a few minutes later you get disconnected from the server. this might help the people who just cant get the game to work at all but ive not tested it.

So after some testing i found out that its updates to windows enhancing their firewall making it happen. The recent creators update  messes things up i think.

If you turn the firewall off totally it works great. but thats hardly a solution i wouldnt recommend leaving your firewall off permanently.

What i did was go into the windows firewall and create an outbound rule

here is a guide if your not into this stuff 

https://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to-create-advanced-firewall-rules-in-the-windows-firewall/

is a "public" network if you have to choose.

so go new rule, then program..

you have to locate the tslgame.exe  which for me was  %ProgramFiles% (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe

Then just allow it all for the rest and that should stop windows stopping it communicating with the server halfway through a game.

HTH 
SENTY

-Thanks, Senty

6. Unable to revive teammates

"If this hapoens to you, switch guns then try again. It fixes the bug. "

-Thanks, @LinkZeppeloyd

7. If you encounter the below message in the upper left:

7596659d0a73dd54af9985a18833772e.jpg.e1096abdcdae5151123ba46a0f045a72.thumb.jpg.5344a2b9db3c19ce5e17fc24d5dbbfe2.jpg

WA- "Open up the Command Prompt as administrator and type netsh winsock reset and then try again. If that is not working try to flush your DNS. Just do the same as before mentioned and just type ipconfig /flushdns. Hope it works." 

-Thanks, @Meddi!

8. If you are experiencing a crash due to a flashbangs/gernades please lower your effect settings to avoid this for now while the team works on a proper fix.

9. If you are experiencing being knocked down or killed before dropping from a plane... In the lobby before the loading screen into the plane, jump into the water and go for a swim. I do this every match and have not had an issue. This should counter the bug. 

10. AMD FX FPS smoothing and sound correction

"I found the cure for AMD FX !!
DISABLE IN BIOS:
1- Cool'n'Quiet
2- Turbo Boost or Turbo Core or AMD Turbo Tecnology or Core performance Boost.

I'm Brazilian, sorry the translator, tested by 30 people ... my configuration: FX 8350 + r7 360 + 16gb

Stable FPS 60/53 and no frame drops !!

I made a long post in Portuguese, my English is horrible, so these steps are the summary!"

-Thanks, @Douglas J Santos!

11. Disabling Steam Overlay has been noted to help reduce the random crashing. 

12. Issues with fullscreen mode... 

"What I did:
1st, in Steam Library, go to PUBG's Game Properties (Right Click > Properties)

2nd, Set Launch Options - Put this: -fullscreen

3rd, went to PUBG's main folder which is in:

G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64

I've put PUBG in my G: directory so change it to where you've put yours and just navigate.

4th, right click on TslGame.exe NOT TslGame_BE, then go to Compatibility, uncheck Override Highscaling DPI behavior blablalba

5th, Boot the game and set its Settings to Window mode, then choose your desired lower resolution, close the game then boot it up again.. PROFIT"

-Thanks, @FauxValkan!

13. Rain freezes during match...

This is due to reshade. For now I would recommend to disable reshade. 

-Thanks, @Tms

14. G502 Mouse Issues

-Switch to Fullscreen instead of Windowed(-Fullscreen)

-Deactivate smooth mouse accleration in windows.

-Thanks, @RoboDanjal Via steam forums! 

Posted (edited)

Regarding being unable to use medkits, first aid, bandages, etc, If you fire your weapon 1 time, you will be able to use said items. This works 100% of the time for me, as dropping weapons and picking back up does not work for me.

Edited by Wags
Spelling
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It happened to me too and i could solve it changing my weapon slot. I mean if you using weapon 1, switch to weapon 2... I hope that it would be fixed soon. Greetings.

Edited by H4wK32

Just had this happen to me. None of the solutions worked.

Title pretty much says it all. Periodically we cant use healing items, only fix is to drop your weapons and pick them up again... If this happens when you are in a fight it can easily get you killed.

Posted (edited)

I noticed today I was unable to use any meds when wearing the m416. On EU Solo server.

After I pressed X to unequip I could use the meds again.

Now I don't know if it's a certain attachment or not. I had a compensator, vertical foregrip, ext. quickdraw, m416 stock and a red dot sight.

Using meds with my m16 was working just fine.

Edited by mafiofreak

22 hours ago, Tassen said:

Just had this happen to me. None of the solutions worked.

ok... just had what happen? 

Hi, I noticed, if I jump (with space) from something high, then there is no falling animation. (this is after the 05.25.2017 update)

Alright I can not upload the recording but Ill give you the story.

I was near the bridge just got some good lot and found a the new bike at the none military side of the west bridge

I drove the bike over a hill and landed ok but then it freaked out and flipped I had a sliver of health. 

The bike then decided to poltergeist while making driving sounds flying everywhere.

And while i was recording got shot in the face and died :( 

Do not know if this should be posted here

Edited by Hungryslinky

#7 I have the exact same screen. I tried the netsh winsock reset, and the ipconfig /flushdns as administrator and restarted. I've gone through multiple threads trying everything including verifying game files,re-installing the game, trying a different dns server. Pretty sure I've tried everything.

Windows is up to date, as are graphics drivers.

Home network connection using 5G frequency.

This started one day after patch.

Specs: Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz    
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 804MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LK (LGA1155)    
Graphics
    BenQ GL2450H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)    
Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0 (SATA)    
    29GB SanDisk SDSSDRC032G (SSD)

If anyone has an idea please let me know! 

-Sad Pubg player

I just simply want to make know that i have a FX processor (6350) and in regular the FPS go well on average 40 and 50, and going down to 30 on some sites or loading textures:

I would like to give it a try to de BIOS Tip, hoping it gets better

My specs:

AMD 6350 FX

AMD R9 380 4G

On 2017-4-30 at 6:49 PM, Caesar of Roma said:

Hello Players,

Here is a list of known work arounds for common bugs that are found in game, sourced by the community. These are temporary until the team at Bluehole can get a chance to permanently resolve them. These are not guaranteed fixes and they may not work for everyone. If you have a work around please post it here and I'll add it to the list. This post will be constantly updated with new information as it becomes available.

If you have a connection/steam/launch issue try this thread: 

Leaderboards and the reward system are a work in progress. The stats may not update right away or you may not get your items. Sorry for the inconvenience and please bear with us.

WA- Drop your weapons and pick them back up, this should enable healing and boost items

WA2- Firing your weapon one time has been reported to correct this bug as well. -Thanks, @Wags

2. Before getting to the main menu you face this screen. 

58fc2773eba5c_Screenshot(187).png.63360163e670e5211c6ab3707dca0736.thumb.png.fdfcae7391cee08fb4baa47828c38667.png

WA - You will want to run CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes. This also goes if you have a website pop up before you get to the main menu. 

3. Stuck on an infinite loading screen where you can still hear game sounds. 

WA-"There is a fix circulating around that switching your game to a SSD works, however if you're like me you don't own an SSD.

I found a fix that works for me 100% of the time that does not require an SSD.

Once you are loaded into the game and can hear the audio, ALT+TAB out of and then into the game. Once you're window focuses back in, open your inventory (default: TAB). It will vary on the speed on which it takes the loading screen to go away, but it usually fixes before you get in the plane."

-Thanks, @McChicken-Tan

4. Stuck on "matching", unable to cancel or get into a game. 

18175886_10155153724608548_1368763933_o.png.39692b3784bd0b13aa544a65144bc55b.thumb.png.189e789e66edc2284bfe55a95ab5ea6c.png

WA - "We have found a temporary workaround that you may use until the real issue is resolved.  

1. Create a new Steam account or login to a preexisting account that does not own the game.
  2. Log back into the main Steam account affected by the bug.
  3. Allow Family-Sharing (via Steam) from said main account to the new/secondary account.
  4. Log back into the new/secondary account, start the game, and create a new character.
    1. Note:  This workaround will not carry over any progress/settings/configuration from your primary account.

I hope this temporary workaround helps those of you affected by the bug have the opportunity to play the game again, at the very least."

-Thanks, Yunkin! 

5. Lost Connection to Server

WA - note: when i say the lost connection to server bug i mean the one where after you been playing for 10 minutes or so you suddenly cannot reload or open doors and then a few minutes later you get disconnected from the server. this might help the people who just cant get the game to work at all but ive not tested it.

So after some testing i found out that its updates to windows enhancing their firewall making it happen. The recent creators update  messes things up i think.

If you turn the firewall off totally it works great. but thats hardly a solution i wouldnt recommend leaving your firewall off permanently.

What i did was go into the windows firewall and create an outbound rule

here is a guide if your not into this stuff 

https://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to-create-advanced-firewall-rules-in-the-windows-firewall/

is a "public" network if you have to choose.

so go new rule, then program..

you have to locate the tslgame.exe  which for me was  %ProgramFiles% (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe

Then just allow it all for the rest and that should stop windows stopping it communicating with the server halfway through a game.

HTH 
SENTY

-Thanks, Senty

6. Unable to revive teammates

"If this hapoens to you, switch guns then try again. It fixes the bug. "

-Thanks, @LinkZeppeloyd

7. If you encounter the below message in the upper left:

7596659d0a73dd54af9985a18833772e.jpg.e1096abdcdae5151123ba46a0f045a72.thumb.jpg.5344a2b9db3c19ce5e17fc24d5dbbfe2.jpg

WA- "Open up the Command Prompt as administrator and type netsh winsock reset and then try again. If that is not working try to flush your DNS. Just do the same as before mentioned and just type ipconfig /flushdns. Hope it works." 

-Thanks, @Meddi!

8. If you are experiencing a crash due to a flashbangs/gernades please lower your effect settings to avoid this for now while the team works on a proper fix.

9. If you are experiencing being knocked down or killed before dropping from a plane... In the lobby before the loading screen into the plane, jump into the water and go for a swim. I do this every match and have not had an issue. This should counter the bug. 

10. AMD FX FPS smoothing and sound correction

"I found the cure for AMD FX !!
DISABLE IN BIOS:
1- Cool'n'Quiet
2- Turbo Boost or Turbo Core or AMD Turbo Tecnology or Core performance Boost.

I'm Brazilian, sorry the translator, tested by 30 people ... my configuration: FX 8350 + r7 360 + 16gb

Stable FPS 60/53 and no frame drops !!

I made a long post in Portuguese, my English is horrible, so these steps are the summary!"

-Thanks, @Douglas J Santos!

11. Disabling Steam Overlay has been noted to help reduce the random crashing. 

12. Issues with fullscreen mode... 

"What I did:
1st, in Steam Library, go to PUBG's Game Properties (Right Click > Properties)

2nd, Set Launch Options - Put this: -fullscreen

3rd, went to PUBG's main folder which is in:

G:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64

I've put PUBG in my G: directory so change it to where you've put yours and just navigate.

4th, right click on TslGame.exe NOT TslGame_BE, then go to Compatibility, uncheck Override Highscaling DPI behavior blablalba

5th, Boot the game and set its Settings to Window mode, then choose your desired lower resolution, close the game then boot it up again.. PROFIT"

-Thanks, @FauxValkan!

13. Rain freezes during match...

This is due to reshade. For now I would recommend to disable reshade. 

-Thanks, @Tms

14. G502 Mouse Issues

-Switch to Fullscreen instead of Windowed(-Fullscreen)

-Deactivate smooth mouse accleration in windows.

-Thanks, @RoboDanjal Via steam forums!