Sund

feedback
General Forum Feedback Thread

56 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, VanValdenburg said:

we cant even edit our posts anymore in the megathread

That's gonna be the same for any post. You have like 5 minutes to edit after you post. Otherwise it's stuck there forever.

23 hours ago, VanValdenburg said:

A forum where clans/communities/guilds can post and recruit people

imo the megathread just discourages any community and does nothing for a player to find a active clan

maybe a clan forum where active communities can post and keep their threads active would be more beneficial 

this way players easily see what community are actively recruiting and dont have to read through a megathread

keep in mind that the megathread has no means to find out if the first posted clan is still active

we cant even edit our posts anymore in the megathread

I will forward your suggestion to @PUBG_FWG but for the moment there will be no sub section for clans and they are encouraged to post their clan advertisement once in the mega thread. 

The forum does not allow thread bumping and even IF there was a subsection clans would not be allowed to bump their own threads or rule skip around this by having clan members do it on their behalf. This just turns into "clan wars" with clans constantly bumping their threads to have top visibility. 

Currently we allow clans to respond to those who are LFG but ask them not to spam their clan advertisement as a response. Responses should be humanistic/personal and releveant to the LFG request. 

5 hours ago, VanValdenburg said:

i saw many game forums that have clan sections and they do not feel the problem as you described it

maybe you see the clans as too much of a problem where no problem is

whats wrong with a clan section where people bump threads occasionally?

what do you have to loose?

right now it looks to me that you have way more moderation work getting all the threads banned and merged into megathreads

rather then letting us post in a clan section where you basically just have to check if people bump too often

We can't ban threads. What does that even mean? 

We're not going to have separate rules for clans. Forum rules apply to everyone. We have the clan section - it's the mega thread. Twirly gave you a very good answer. It explains our logic behind running things the way we do re clans/communities very well. I'd suggest you read it again. 

Our goal is to keep the forum organized and user friendly. That's why empty posts (which includes any kind of bumps) are against the rules. 

1 person likes this

Can you please add a Sign up filter? Is not that hard :)

Posted (edited)

Can some mod pls ban this asian adds spaming users. ty.

Edited by FoxD1e

3 hours ago, Nimre said:

Can you please add a Sign up filter? Is not that hard :)

3 hours ago, FoxD1e said:

Can some mod pls ban this asian adds spaming users. ty.

They've all been banned and their posts removed. Just keep reporting them, it was particularly worse today. I'll forward the suggestion on a captcha filter for signup to the team. Thanks

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Twirlywoos said:

They've all been banned and their posts removed. Just keep reporting them, it was particularly worse today. I'll forward the suggestion on a captcha filter for signup to the team. Thanks

ty. it was like an invasion lol.

Not a big deal, but it would be awesome with a "Dark mode/theme". My eyes would be pleased =)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Natantesh said:

Not a big deal, but it would be awesome with a "Dark mode/theme". My eyes would be pleased =)

Thanks for your feedback I will forward this to the community team. 

1 person likes this

A Moderator is really needed for the german section(and maybe other countries). Right now there is too many people disrespecting the rules just to get in the top 3 posts to advertise their community. If you warn them they will most likely ignore you and if you report the thread other mods are probably not able to understand what these threads are on about. There can be done more about it. 

Beside that I would love to see a scheme that is used in any language. Like all the current existing threads translated into the specific language. That way these sections look tidier and are easy to manage. Right now the german section looks like a general discussion thread mixed with 10% advertisments to other community's.

I enjoy the way the english side of the forum looks and it is quite handy, thats why It could be good to use the existing basis for other countries too:

Game Announcements & Forum Info
  -  News & Announcements
  -  Forum Rules & Guidelines
Gameplay Discussion
  -  General Discussion
  -  Tactics & Strategy
  -  General Help
Bug reports & Suggestions
  -  Suggestions & Feedback
  -  Bug Reports
  -  Test Server Bug Reports
  -  Teamer / Cheater Reports
Community
   - Introductions
   - Looking For Players
   - Off Topic
   - Community Content
   - Live on Twitch

1 hour ago, Stu Pot 🆃🅲🅵 said:

A Moderator is really needed for the german section(and maybe other countries). Right now there is too many people disrespecting the rules just to get in the top 3 posts to advertise their community. If you warn them they will most likely ignore you and if you report the thread other mods are probably not able to understand what these threads are on about. There can be done more about it. 

Beside that I would love to see a scheme that is used in any language. Like all the current existing threads translated into the specific language. That way these sections look tidier and are easy to manage. Right now the german section looks like a general discussion thread mixed with 10% advertisments to other community's.

I enjoy the way the english side of the forum looks and it is quite handy, thats why It could be good to use the existing basis for other countries too:

Game Announcements & Forum Info
  -  News & Announcements
  -  Forum Rules & Guidelines
Gameplay Discussion
  -  General Discussion
  -  Tactics & Strategy
  -  General Help
Bug reports & Suggestions
  -  Suggestions & Feedback
  -  Bug Reports
  -  Test Server Bug Reports
  -  Teamer / Cheater Reports
Community
   - Introductions
   - Looking For Players
   - Off Topic
   - Community Content
   - Live on Twitch

Thanks for your feedback I will forward this to the community team and update the thread when there is an update. 

In the meanwhile BlueHole are still seeking assistant community managers, one which can speak German.

I was thinking an easy way to avoid the spam posters lately would be to just restrict the amount of new topics you can start in an hour/x amount interval. Like being able to only create 5 per-hour or something?

Please add a captcha for the forum registration. These spam bots really get annoying :/

I would like the KNOWN & ADDRESSED... thread to be much more clear and up-to-date.

1. Reduce it to only one post instead of two at the moment
  2. Split the points into multiple categories:
    1. Planed features / changes
    2. Added features / changes
    3. Discussion threads / topics
  3. Remove the big uninformative links at the start and merge them with the respective point as link to the text (like this: KNOWN & ADDRESSED)
  4. Keep the list up-to-date (i feel the list is very much out of date since i read in multiple suggestion threads things that will get implemented but are not in this list of planed features. Or things that are presented on twitter, twitch, ... or other sources.

3 hours ago, Spen said:

Please add a captcha for the forum registration. These spam bots really get annoying :/

There is and has always been a captcha for registration. Some of the spammers may not be bots : ) 

1 minute ago, PUBG_FWG said:

There is and has always been a captcha for registration. Some of the spammers may not be bots : ) 

Oh okay. Well, i guess i will keep on reporting these threads.

Would really like to see an RSS feed for dev.blog entries..

Wasn't sure where to suggest this but it's regarding this forum

Will it be possible to add a 'shoutbox' so we can say hi in the morning and for some funny memes from time to time?  I added a poll :)

6 hours ago, unrealmp3 said:

Would really like to see an RSS feed for dev.blog entries..

I will forward this to the community team. Thanks for the feedback!

@PUBG_FWG for your attention.

Something seems to have broken the RSS feed on the https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news web. 

The last post in the RSS feed was this post: https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/posts/gunplay-mechanics and it was previously found at http://www.playbattlegrounds.com/feed/ but now it seems to be gone entirely. I really liked it, and a lot of people are still using RSS.

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is the place to address but seems the "Quote" button isn't working correctly. 

Just noticed this too: After I post a reply, it saves my reply on the text box and gives me the notification that it has "saved my reply from the time prior" etc. 

Edited by Jbwrecked
Add

10 hours ago, Jbwrecked said:

Not sure if this is the place to address but seems the "Quote" button isn't working correctly. 

Just noticed this too: After I post a reply, it saves my reply on the text box and gives me the notification that it has "saved my reply from the time prior" etc. 

Forum had a small maintenance hopefully it's all resolved now.

Thanks

On 5/14/2017 at 10:50 AM, Natantesh said:

The forum uses a PUBG styled theme and currently there are no plans to change this. There are extensions you can use with some browsers that allow you to use Dark Themes which is probably the best course of action.

Thanks

2 people like this

22 hours ago, Suspicious Pixel said:

The forum uses a PUBG styled theme and currently there are no plans to change this. There are extensions you can use with some browsers that allow you to use Dark Themes which is probably the best course of action.

Thanks

Alrighty, thanks for the update! =)