Sign in to follow this  
burrkz

AFK Killers/Parachute Auto Deploy

burrkz    7

I really like the idea for tactics and a chance for people to have an opportunity to actually gear up at the start of the round. My only question regarding it is what would happen to some that say is afk, or for people with lesser quality pc's and it takes longer to load in. Will it still auto eject them over land and or maybe kick them? Other than keep up the excellent work dev team!

• Like 2

Hawkinz    758
8 hours ago, burrkz said:

I really like the idea for tactics and a chance for people to have an opportunity to actually gear up at the start of the round. My only question regarding it is what would happen to some that say is afk, or for people with lesser quality pc's and it takes longer to load in. Will it still auto eject them over land and or maybe kick them? Other than keep up the excellent work dev team!

Last test players were automatically booted out of the plane all at the same time, so I'm guessing if you don't automatically leave the plane it will boot you out as the plane gets to the end of its run.

I believe its similar to H1Z1 in that there is a loading buffer, so to speak.. as in it will have a minimum time before people are placed in the plane, so whether you load in 5 or 10 seconds the game may wait 20 before placing you in the plane. Not sure what happens if you're playing on a toaster level PC.

Haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I'd also assume that the plane starts off-shore and you may have to wait until its close to the shore for you to be able to eject so this would probably minimize / eliminate a few of the potential problems you mentioned?

R3aLN8    14
4 hours ago, Hawkinz said:

Last test players were automatically booted out of the plane all at the same time, so I'm guessing if you don't automatically leave the plane it will boot you out as the plane gets to the end of its run.

I believe its similar to H1Z1 in that there is a loading buffer, so to speak.. as in it will have a minimum time before people are placed in the plane, so whether you load in 5 or 10 seconds the game may wait 20 before placing you in the plane. Not sure what happens if you're playing on a toaster level PC.

Haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I'd also assume that the plane starts off-shore and you may have to wait until its close to the shore for you to be able to eject so this would probably minimize / eliminate a few of the potential problems you mentioned?

Hawkinz, you still haven't had a chance to play the game yet?

Hawkinz    758
10 minutes ago, R3aLN8 said:

Hawkinz, you still haven't had a chance to play the game yet?

Not in this test specifically! I played in the last .. two alpha tests I think.

At work at the moment, and the EU servers are a bit too far for me to enjoy the game anyway! I'll be playing a few hours of the NA test every day :)

R3aLN8    14
1 minute ago, Hawkinz said:

Not in this test specifically! I played in the last .. two alpha tests I think.

At work at the moment, and the EU servers are a bit too far for me to enjoy the game anyway! I'll be playing a few hours of the NA test every day :)

Oh ok. No doubt then. I'm getting on now and I'll see you on the battlefield when you get on, my man.

• Like 1

burrkz    7
12 hours ago, Hawkinz said:

I did do a little test and it will auto boot you before it goes back over the water. Loading times are greatly improved imo so for me this is no longer an issue which is very nice!

Bagger    8

So I've counted and I may just be one unlucky one, but so far, I've had up to 15 people who were afk and 7 consecutive. I wouldn't think much of it if it happens once in a while, but this is a little bit too much imao. 

I don't sit with a solution to the problem, but consider it as a feedback! 

Good hunting!

misterwuff    15

I'd guess you are refering to your teammates at the start of a round? It is to note that not all afks are so by choice. A percentage of them are caused by disconnects or bugsplats.

Bagger    8
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, misterwuff said:

I'd guess you are refering to your teammates at the start of a round? It is to note that not all afks are so by choice. A percentage of them are caused by disconnects or bugsplats.

Maybe, and yea I'm inferring of teammates. But yea, I just noticed that they been in any motion in lobby which is the same during in game. 

There might be disconnecting involved, but wouldn't they just disappear/kicked from the server? I've no clues on how the game mechanic works in that regard. 

Edited by Bagger

misterwuff    15
Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure disconnected players leave behind a dummy so as to not encourage forced interrupts to 'delete' the loot. Which means they will appear as afks.

But having 7 consecutive from the lobby seems like terrible luck. I had maybe 1 the whole weekend.

Edited by misterwuff

Bagger    8

Yea I think that my luck was against me. At least I didn't encounter any teamkillers

Avenger    36

The instances you mention are probably due to disconnects/crashes. It happened to me quite a few times as well, partners going catatonic.

Only noticed this cause my friend DCed and spectated him, I watched a guy sit with the AFK/crashed players then slaughter 6 people at the start. 6 free kills to start the game? That's not fair competitive stats. People should not get auto kicked out of the plane they should slowly/instantly die so people don't abuse that for kills.

Kainan    46

I mean, they're afk in a game like this...... I'd say they earned their deaths more than he earned his kills, none the less you can't blame the executioner for bringing justice. 

• Like 3

Grimsbeard    36

I disagree.

Your K/Dr doesn't mean anything unless you win and if they need stationary targets to win, then they're likely not to last anyway.

Like I said, it's also the people who get DCed from game or the game crashes. Those should be free kills too? My top wins are up to 15 kills, if I had 6 free kills at the start I can easily push 20 (which is better than most of the high end players). That's not fair in a competitive match. End of question. And I wasnt saying they didn't deserve to die if AFK.

Grimsbeard    36

And like I said, it doesn't matter? It's not H1. It's about wins, period, not biggest kill log.

• Like 1

What's the point of a kill rating then? I guess kills don't matter for that then and PUB is showing it for fun. Or the fact that kill rating goes into overall rating. But what do I know. I just play to WIN AND GET KILLS. Maybe i'm playing wrong.

SiN    50
10 minutes ago, Foxtrot_Uniform said:

All stats will be wiped upon EA. Stop making drama of it.

so...stats will get wiped...will the problem get wiped too?  no.  its a valid point.  watching Summits stream shows you that.  His duo partner DC'd and just started walking into a field.  Having DC players just removed from the game is 100x better than just having rando's walking around in an open field for slaughter.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Don't you think devs know what to do/fix/change ? This things are obvoius, or you think they are sitting on the forums pressing F5 . They know what problems game has, they will finnish the game in the way they want ( planned ), and again, expect full wipe after full release. You guys are funny

Edited by Foxtrot_Uniform

And do you know what betas are for? To give advice or report bugs to the devs. Yes they will make the game the way they want but these devs want feedback from the community so they can cater to their players.

Shepherd    7

Honestly this is kind of an awkward post but I have to agree with Bushel in a way . I don't know how the AFK/crashed players spot works do they all get launched at the end and he lands somewhere and kills them can he actually get back into the BR doing so and potentially win ? Because like bushel said the "kill rating" is being taken into account for the overall rating along with the win/top10 rating unless they are just showing both for fun ? So it would be an easy way to abuse the leaderboards and climb above people who played fair and square to get there . Oh and even if he couldnt get back wouldn't he be able to just live as long as possible wherever he is with his 5-6 kills and die from gas I dont know in the top50 or whatever so it doesn't hurt his win/top10 rating too much and still boost his overall kill rating ? Then play normal games for his actual win/top10 rating and still end up with an higher ranking than he should . Can't believe I'm writing such a long post for something that will probably never happen or maybe by a very few people that won't end up being able to get high rankings anyway but meh oh well that's my 2cent