Sign in to follow this  
burrkz

AFK Killers/Parachute Auto Deploy

Dir7yPaws    32

Woah, a lot of bashing going on in here.

The simple answer is that the game isn't fully released yet and obviously afk/crashed players will be dealt with when they get to it.

Afk = game timeout system that removes you from game

Crash = remove physical body from game

Both are easy fixes and I'm sure they will be fixed soon with the full release or upcoming patch.

• Like 2

Good points Shepherd. Yeah it is possible to kill and then get to the safe zone as it's on the map still (on land). And being a competitive game I believe someone will do it to get a competitive advantage and then possibly go on to win. 

azza_001    32

If you need those afk kills to get good stats then you're not any good. If you're mad that people pad their stats to compete with yours then you also aren't any good really.

OzRecon    78

Every one stays on the plane. Countdown of 10 secs to jump. If no jump disconnect (or back to a lobby) no forced ejection.

azza_001    32

Just force eject over water. No one  can really get them there. Unless they waste a lot of time. 

Avenger    36

I'd like to see it fixed. I'm sure they'll do something about it.

ChrisTC    1
Posted (edited)

Here's the problem with "removing the body if someone crashes/dc". Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they are adding a reconnect feature for such occasion. People will just abuse it if they just remove the body when someone quits. Might as well just leave it there and let the circle take care of it or someone that happens to see it there. Nothing you can do about it. 

Many can argue about k/d in this game but it honestly always comes down to the win. Sure I can kill half the server but what does it matter if I can't bring home the chicken dinner.

Edited by ChrisTC
  • Like 1

Hawkinz    758

It would be interesting if the plane started to have emergency beeps which ramped up near the end of its run and then blew up due to.. .. something a-rather.

So if you don't jump out or are AFK, you're dead!

• Like 1

Kainan    46

I agree, OP doesn't deserve to be bashed, I just think this won't end up being a big issue, however a easy fix could be added.

if a player hasn't moved from their landing spot AT ALL then in the event of them being killed just don't count their death to the killers kill ratio.

But again, afk players earned their death, and most people won't be betting on this let alone be the only player who dropped with all the DC players.

Ragotag    72

From what I recall from PU interviews, a player's overall rating will be used for matchmaking on official servers.  If so, then anyone boosting their kill rating by plugging the AFKers are going to get matched against tougher opponents, meaning the likelihood of them ever placing well - even winning - will be very very small and their rating should self-correct in short order.  I say wait and see how it plays out over EA.

• Like 1

Kainan    46
4 minutes ago, Ragotag said:

From what I recall from PU interviews, a player's overall rating will be used for matchmaking on official servers.  If so, then anyone boosting their kill rating by plugging the AFKers are going to get matched against tougher opponents, meaning the likelihood of them ever placing well - even winning - will be very very small and their rating should self-correct in short order.  I say wait and see how it plays out over EA.

this makes me sad... I don't want to fight skill matched players, I want to fight players of all kinds in game, it adds to realism to me personally, and though I understand the concept, I like testing my skills vs players of higher skill.

unranked matches  might not delegate players by skill, at least i hope.

but hey it is what it is

Ragotag    72
51 minutes ago, Kainan said:

...I like testing my skills vs players of higher skill.

I would imagine that this will still be possible since the range of skilled players will often depend on the player pool queued up for a match.  I also hope the matchmaking system would keep up-matching high-performing players until they reach a good challenge point for their skill level.

AndehX    51
Posted (edited)

K/D ratios mean nothing to me because they are so easy to abuse.  When I see people with 15-20+ kills per game, I laugh it off as theres a high chance they abused something to get that.  Plus, its so easy to ambush people or catch people off guard, so I would imagine almost everyone with a somewhat decent level of skill will eventually have a game where they kill 15+ people.  It's actual wins that impress me.

Edited by AndehX

Deadric    2

I really dont get this. I killed two AFK/crashed (Not sure which) people in a game last night. What was I supposed to do? Run past them and hope they didnt shoot me in a back shortly after?

• Like 1

b3e9    19
Posted (edited)

this game is not competitive...  end thread.

Its fun and a rush to play, that is all.

Edited by b3e9

SiN    50
1 hour ago, b3e9 said:

this game is not competitive...  end thread.

Its fun and a rush to play, that is all.

you do realize that H1 is starting to become competitive right?  Now take that garbage game, add in stuff that works, and you got PUBG.  As long as this game remains fair, i can see this becoming competitive, especially for teams.  

on top of that, you're calling a game that was literally in BETA not competitive....what, did you want the game to drop and be like SC2?  

AndehX    51
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SiN said:

you do realize that H1 is starting to become competitive right?  Now take that garbage game, add in stuff that works, and you got PUBG.  As long as this game remains fair, i can see this becoming competitive, especially for teams.  

on top of that, you're calling a game that was literally in BETA not competitive....what, did you want the game to drop and be like SC2?  

Of course H1 is becoming competitive, because it focuses more on fun gameplay, rather than realism.  Movement is more responsive in H1, gameplay is faster, hit detection is better,  FPS is far better.  It makes for a better competitive environment.

Currently Battlegrounds has too many issues that will prevent it from picking up a real competitive following.  It needs a complete overhaul to the moment system before any competitive players will look at it.  At the moment the movement feels too much like ArmA, which isn't a good thing.

TLDR:  Realism in games is not something that attracts a competitive following.  Competitive players prefer games that focus more on smooth gameplay and consistency.  (eg. CSGO)

As much as I love this game.  At its core, it simply isnt competitive.

Edited by AndehX

SiN    50
17 minutes ago, AndehX said:

Of course H1 is becoming competitive, because it focuses more on fun gameplay, rather than realism.  Movement is more responsive in H1, gameplay is faster, hit detection is better,  FPS is far better.  It makes for a better competitive environment.

Currently Battlegrounds has too many issues that will prevent it from picking up a real competitive following.  It needs a complete overhaul to the moment system before any competitive players will look at it.  At the moment the movement feels too much like ArmA, which isn't a good thing.

TLDR:  Realism in games is not something that attracts a competitive following.  Competitive players prefer games that focus more on smooth gameplay and consistency.  (eg. CSGO)

As much as I love this game.  At its core, it simply isnt competitive.

gTOJH0E.thumb.jpg.7a7927e6ee9e63cfcd8825e1edc0d107.jpg

tom-cruise-triple-laugh.jpg.b36eafbf27e02f58f5733b4d03af09ad.jpg

• Like 2

AndehX    51

ok maybe hit detection will never be perfect in any game, but that example isn't the best.  Its very possible that was just unlucky bullet spread...

Theres plenty examples of bullets completely missing in CSGO etc, but theres generally nothing wrong with the hit detection in that game either.

SiN    50
Just now, AndehX said:

ok maybe hit detection will never be perfect in any game, but that example isn't the best.  Its very possible that was just unlucky bullet spread...

Theres plenty examples of bullets completely missing in CSGO etc, but theres generally nothing wrong with the hit detection in that game either.

H1 is NOTORIOUS for shitty hit detection lmao.  like, there is bad hit detection, then there is H1.  

now let me address your other issues.

FPS - Game is in beta and still needs worked on.  H1 has been in early access for like 3 years and is STILL broken.  

Movement - Still needs worked on, but if you look from last WEEK, it has improved 10 fold.  Its getting there, and its gonna be tuned.  

Gameplay - Its getting faster.  This game has a more tactile feel, but that doesnt mean its slow.  Once again...Beta

you're going back to stating that a game has no way of being competitive when its literally just out of Beta testing and about to go in EA.  H1 is a shit pile of pixels that probably wont stand the test of competitors.  You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesnt mean that your opinion is right.  Time will tell.  

• Like 1

migiT    11
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, SiN said:

H1 is NOTORIOUS for shitty hit detection lmao.  like, there is bad hit detection, then there is H1.  

xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

I've only had a few instances I felt like hit detection was bad or hits didn't register in PUBG. To be honest it's beta and I give it the benefit of the doubt. Most of the those instances getting into that scenario where it mattered was my own fault. 

I'm sure they'll come up with a solution for AFK/disconnected players, they'll need to. Like SiN mentioned the amount of improvements during the CBT was quite impressive, they've got a lot on their plate. By 6 months into EA I'd imagine this will look/feel like a completely different game. If they want to be competitive and take over the market they'll have to.

Edited by migiT

Merrill35    23
18 minutes ago, Nope, Too Fast said:

i have pretty horrible experience with hit detection in PUBG.

have any proof? PUBGs hit reg is really solid, Ive never had an incident where I feel like it was the game fault or bad coding that made me miss like h1(where ive shot a guy standing still and half my bullets didnt connect even though my crosshair never moved.) 

IDK if people complain to just complain or what, but compared to h1z1 or dayZ which both have been in testing for YEARS this game has very little issues

39 minutes ago, Merrill35 said:

have any proof? PUBGs hit reg is really solid, Ive never had an incident where I feel like it was the game fault or bad coding that made me miss like h1(where ive shot a guy standing still and half my bullets didnt connect even though my crosshair never moved.) 

IDK if people complain to just complain or what, but compared to h1z1 or dayZ which both have been in testing for YEARS this game has very little issues

my own personal experience of playing the beta? i don't really obsessively record these types of things because usually people don't tend to doubt this kind of thing happening with this kind of game, much less to do i expect someone actually asking me to source my experiences with PUBG's bad hitreg. if you're really that anal about getting proof of bad hitreg ask a bunch of other people, but until then, it's your word against mine.

i'm not really going to roll over to people that says "you just have shit aim" when i am pointing weapons at people, firing them and nothing happens.