Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burrkz

afk killers
AFK Killers/Parachute Auto Deploy

97 posts in this topic

Dude, Ive played plenty of hours and have watched A LOT of streams. Have not seen a single case of bad hit reg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nope, Too Fast said:

i'm not really going to roll over to people that says "you just have shit aim" when i am pointing weapons at people, firing them and nothing happens.

i can personally attest to having NO issues of hit reg.  i'm not gonna say you have shit aim...i'm just gonna say SOMETHING you're doing is wrong.  i've seen people take out people from 500m away with a headshot....if that was H1, your bullet would of gotten there 10 minutes after he moved, and hit 50 feet to the right of him.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be fair as you state you need to have everyone spawn with all the gear they want (kit how you want from the get go).  randomly finding gear is not competitive.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, SiN said:

i can personally attest to having NO issues of hit reg.  i'm not gonna say you have shit aim...i'm just gonna say SOMETHING you're doing is wrong.  i've seen people take out people from 500m away with a headshot....if that was H1, your bullet would of gotten there 10 minutes after he moved, and hit 50 feet to the right of him.  

i've fired 4 shots at a guy who was standing still's head with a kar98 and i could see the dirt plumes from my shots behind them, this was over a distance of maybe 100m/50m? idk i have no sense of length. although they put me down with two shots from an m16 right after so

i've emptied the 5-shot shotgun as well as the sk12 into someone in two separate games and nothing's happened to them, before they kill me.

i've emptied a base clip of p1911 into someone where nothing's happened to them and they kill me instead.

i've emptied a clip of akm and m16 into someone where nothing's happened to them and they kill me instead

i really hope hitreg improves in early access, but you can't just dismiss it like it isn't a problem because it doesn't affect you, because if it won't affect you, it'll likely affect who you're playing with and/or fighting against, which ruins the game for them.

Edited by Nope, Too Fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nope, Too Fast said:

i've fired 4 shots at a guy who was standing still's head with a kar98 and i could see the dirt plumes from my shots behind them, this was over a distance of maybe 100m/50m? idk i have no sense of length. although they put me down with two shots from an m16 right after so

i've emptied the 5-shot shotgun as well as the sk12 into someone in two separate games and nothing's happened to them, before they kill me.

i've emptied a base clip of p1911 into someone where nothing's happened to them and they kill me instead.

i've emptied a clip of akm and m16 into someone where nothing's happened to them and they kill me instead

i really hope hitreg improves in early access, but you can't just dismiss it like it isn't a problem because it doesn't affect you, because if it won't affect you, it'll likely affect who you're playing with and/or fighting against, which ruins the game for them.

What scope was you using with the kar? If it was below a 100m you should aim slightly below the head since the bullet is going higher than the middle of the scope. 

the other 3 I cannot contest to as ive never heard of someone unloading clips into another person and nothing happening and ive never com across that myself, again with no video proof how can we know your not exaggerating or just plain BSing us. Not saying your lying but maybe there is a reason you missed those shots, IDK like i said we have no video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Merrill35 said:

What scope was you using with the kar? If it was below a 100m you should aim slightly below the head since the bullet is going higher than the middle of the scope. 

the other 3 I cannot contest to as ive never heard of someone unloading clips into another person and nothing happening and ive never com across that myself, again with no video proof how can we know your not exaggerating or just plain BSing us. Not saying your lying but maybe there is a reason you missed those shots, IDK like i said we have no video.

4x scope.

although that makes sense, i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SiN said:

looks like the hit detection is working just fine lmao

Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bushelofcrabs said:

Only noticed this cause my friend DCed and spectated him, I watched a guy sit with the AFK/crashed players then slaughter 6 people at the start. 6 free kills to start the game? That's not fair competitive stats. People should not get auto kicked out of the plane they should slowly/instantly die so people don't abuse that for kills.

 

This is pretty shitty tbh, people who're puposely waiting to be force ejected for some easy kills might get a higher KDR, but that means in the future when players are matched based on skill level and KDR scores they're going to be shat on because they, in some people's perspectives, abused how the KDR ranking system works.
Then they'll complain on the forums and have glorious "git gud" messages

21 hours ago, Grimsbeard said:

I disagree.

Your K/Dr doesn't mean anything unless you win and if they need stationary targets to win, then they're likely not to last anyway.

 

I'm a huge competitive person, no matter what game it is I love to try and be better then everyone else (though it rarely goes that way)
Everybody who plays wants to have a nice KDR and win rate, though you're right. KDR means shit if most of it is tallied from killing AFK players, like I said in the above quoted post, they'll get shit on sooner or later when they're matched with people who got that kid of KDR legitimately.

17 hours ago, azza_001 said:

If you need those afk kills to get good stats then you're not any good. If you're mad that people pad their stats to compete with yours then you also aren't any good really.

+1 This.

12 hours ago, Hawkinz said:

It would be interesting if the plane started to have emergency beeps which ramped up near the end of its run and then blew up due to.. .. something a-rather.

So if you don't jump out or are AFK, you're dead!

 

Oh oh, I have an idea I'll post at the bottom of this post for that.

11 hours ago, Kainan said:

this makes me sad... I don't want to fight skill matched players, I want to fight players of all kinds in game, it adds to realism to me personally, and though I understand the concept, I like testing my skills vs players of higher skill.

 

unranked matches  might not delegate players by skill, at least i hope.

 

but hey it is what it is

 

Well the matching will work so the players in your game will be around similar stats to yourself, so really you should "never" (I say this in quotations because nothing is perfect)  find a game way too hard or way too easy, if you struggle for a few games it'll bump you down, if you get too many frags, you'll be bumped up.
I realllllly like this idea because it gives you the BEST way of improving your gameplay if you ask me, I believe playing against better people is the best way to improve yourself, but in games like this "better people" end up always shitting on you.
Like H1Z1, if you're brand new there's no fucking way you will EVER kill anybody who knows about two tapping and how the guns work, you're forced to slowly learn over time by getting kills (usually which are other people's mistakes, missing close range shotguns etc)

6 hours ago, Deadric said:

I really dont get this. I killed two AFK/crashed (Not sure which) people in a game last night. What was I supposed to do? Run past them and hope they didnt shoot me in a back shortly after?

 

I +1 this, if I see an AFK guy, of course I'm going to kill him, the game is dedicated to having no Mercy to anybody else, might as well get your kill rate up rather than leave him for someone else or the Zone.

3 hours ago, AndehX said:

Of course H1 is becoming competitive, because it focuses more on fun gameplay, rather than realism.  Movement is more responsive in H1, gameplay is faster, hit detection is better,  FPS is far better.  It makes for a better competitive environment.

Currently Battlegrounds has too many issues that will prevent it from picking up a real competitive following.  It needs a complete overhaul to the moment system before any competitive players will look at it.  At the moment the movement feels too much like ArmA, which isn't a good thing.

 

TLDR:  Realism in games is not something that attracts a competitive following.  Competitive players prefer games that focus more on smooth gameplay and consistency.  (eg. CSGO)

As much as I love this game.  At its core, it simply isnt competitive.

 

H1Z1 is definitely becoming competitive with invitationals and cash prizes, there's no doubting that.
Though I feel the movement in utter shit in H1Z1, it feels fast paced and unreal, but that's the charm H1Z1 has for it and why I'd keep it the way it is, it's a much more Fast-Paced Goofy BR game.
I find the Hit detection to be shit if I'm honest, you can be only 50 meters away from somebody and have to start counting how many cms above their head you need to shoot, and the entire game revolves around attempting to 2tap or 1 pump, that's your only way of playing unless you blow up cars with revolvers.

Imo Battlegrounds is doing just fine, of course, it needs some work but hey, that's what beta and EA is for, right? Remember when H1Z1 BR came out at first? It was shiiiiiiiit man (imo at least, I played 10 games or so then left it until they did the big overhaul update)
Whether you like it or not Battlegrounds is going to be competitive because it's drawing a large fan base from Arma and H1z1, we all know Arma Squads love to tryhard and be the best, same with H1z1 teams who're really passionate about it, and why wouldn't they? I think it's great people want to win, and what a better way to show that then on a more realistic combat battle royal game, we've already got some big H1Z1 names saying PUBG is going to destroy H1Z1.

I feel it's competitive and probably will see something happen in the future but we'll have to wait.




About the AFK plane camping idea;
My solution would be that if you don't move your mouse or press any keys on your keyboard from the start of the match up until the moment your parachute is about to auto deploy... You simply have a parachute malfunction and die.
Nobody gets cheeky free kills, no one's KDR raises, people who die simply get pushed back to the lobby and have to take that one death on the chin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndehX said:

Currently Battlegrounds has too many issues that will prevent it from picking up a real competitive following.  It needs a complete overhaul to the moment system before any competitive players will look at it

What an extremely odd statement.

There have been competitive players playing PUBG from CSGO, COD 4, Overwatch, H1Z1 etc etc. So it certainly has had a huge amount of interest from competitive players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hawkinz said:

What an extremely odd statement.

There have been competitive players playing PUBG from CSGO, COD 4, Overwatch, H1Z1 etc etc. So it certainly has had a huge amount of interest from competitive players.

shhhhh!!!  people round these parts dont like logic...it angers them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SiN said:

H1 is NOTORIOUS for shitty hit detection lmao.  like, there is bad hit detection, then there is H1.  

 

now let me address your other issues.

FPS - Game is in beta and still needs worked on.  H1 has been in early access for like 3 years and is STILL broken.  

Movement - Still needs worked on, but if you look from last WEEK, it has improved 10 fold.  Its getting there, and its gonna be tuned.  

Gameplay - Its getting faster.  This game has a more tactile feel, but that doesnt mean its slow.  Once again...Beta

 

you're going back to stating that a game has no way of being competitive when its literally just out of Beta testing and about to go in EA.  H1 is a shit pile of pixels that probably wont stand the test of competitors.  You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesnt mean that your opinion is right.  Time will tell.  

I never asked you to address anything I said, but just for the record, I never said PUBG could never be a competitive game.  I said CURRENTLY it has no chance of being competitive because of the aforementioned issues it has, but completely negates your need to address the points I made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AndehX said:

 I said CURRENTLY it has no chance of being competitive because of the aforementioned issues it has,

Well it's still in beta so... yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndehX said:

I never asked you to address anything I said, but just for the record, I never said PUBG could never be a competitive game.  I said CURRENTLY it has no chance of being competitive because of the aforementioned issues it has, but completely negates your need to address the points I made.

correct, you said, "this game is NOT competitive....end thread.   Its fun and a rush to play, that is all."  so even though you didnt outright say it could never be competitive, you pretty much insinuated it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawkinz said:

What an extremely odd statement.

There have been competitive players playing PUBG from CSGO, COD 4, Overwatch, H1Z1 etc etc. So it certainly has had a huge amount of interest from competitive players.

Yes competitive CSGO players are playing PUBG, but that does not mean they want to play it competitively like CSGO.  It's not going to happen because theres too much RNG in PUBG,  RNG of any kind does not make for a fun competitive environment.

 

1 hour ago, SiN said:

correct, you said, "this game is NOT competitive....end thread.   Its fun and a rush to play, that is all."  so even though you didnt outright say it could never be competitive, you pretty much insinuated it.  

In its current state, no it's not suitable for a competitive environment.  It remains to be seen if they plan to improve things like the movement system to make the game appeal more to competitive players, but until that happens, we wont be seeing PUBG at IEM any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone can agree that it's something that should be looked into and fixed. I don't know why anyone said anything negative to the OP about this. I'm glad it's getting a lot of attention from others in the forum though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kainan said:

unranked matches  might not delegate players by skill, at least i hope.

I agree with this but don't freak out too much it's not like hey will make you wait for skilled players. If there's slots to fill in a server it will just throw lower rank people in. I don't see this game getting millions of players so you'll really be seeing similar skill range from beta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey together.

at first, thanks for giving us that awesome game with awesome developers who knows their jobs.

Personally i dont like the complete parachute thing. I know, its early access, i know there is working in progress. I just want to say something and want to share my ideas with you guys and community. I dont know, if the developers already said something like that, but it would be awesome, that I could decide when to open my parachute. The movement of the parachute in stage 1 is completly okay. If stage 2 starts, i prefer a little more speed to stretch to somewhere. In stage 3 im completly in rage. Its way too slow.

I would generally prefer to open my parachute when i want. If this would be possible - all AFK-guys would die instantly as they fall to the ground. This would solve a few problems and thoughts about the ranking in form of kill-counts etc. And speed the stage-3-parachute up a little bit please ;)

Sorry for my english, i suck 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man, IMO i don't think this is a good idea, the chute system at the moment is fluid and works. Yes it's a bit restricting when coming into land but its all in the preparation phase before jumping out, Planning and picking a good spot is crucial to survival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Aussieeeee said:

Hey man, IMO i don't think this is a good idea, the chute system at the moment is fluid and works. Yes it's a bit restricting when coming into land but its all in the preparation phase before jumping out, Planning and picking a good spot is crucial to survival. 

I think you mean the phase 3-landing, right? I dont understand you. Is it a big barrier if u just can go faster in the last landing phase? Whats wrong with open your parachute when u want? u can decide your own preparation phase with this changes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Maromber said:

I think you mean the phase 3-landing, right? I dont understand you. Is it a big barrier if u just can go faster in the last landing phase? Whats wrong with open your parachute when u want? u can decide your own preparation phase with this changes.

 

 

- Well, the Freefall Phase 1 is great.
- Pulling your Chute and directing Phase 2 is great.
- Landing Phase 3. Not so great ( slow and hard to direct ) 

I wouldn't Mind pulling your own Chute but I fear I would die from desync and lag. 
At the moment everyone in the plane hits the ground safely with reasonable control on where they want to go. Why fix something that isn't broken. 

I don't think there are many AFK players either, a lot of people have crashes and failed connection issues early on in the game and it looks like they are AFK but in fact their character is bugged out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aussieeeee said:

- Well, the Freefall Phase 1 is great.
- Pulling your Chute and directing Phase 2 is great.
- Landing Phase 3. Not so great ( slow and hard to direct ) 
 

- True, Phase 1 great.

- Phase 2 i prefer a little bit more "drifting" or something like that, so u can go much further. The players then can spread way more out of the plane fly line.

- phase 3 true . Way too slow and hard to direct.

1 hour ago, Aussieeeee said:

I wouldn't Mind pulling your own Chute but I fear I would die from desync and lag. 
At the moment everyone in the plane hits the ground safely with reasonable control on where they want to go. Why fix something that isn't broken.

Why do you fear u would die? u can pull the parachute line whenever you want. Maybe your right, if the designer, devs etc want to keep it, i would definetly say the parachute should automatically pull the line about half the way as it is now.

1 hour ago, Aussieeeee said:

I don't think there are many AFK players either, a lot of people have crashes and failed connection issues early on in the game and it looks like they are AFK but in fact their character is bugged out. 

i had many games where 3 or more players were AFK. i often fly with the plane till the end :) uberdriver 5* :D 

 

Rethinking the automatic parachute thing was just a nice extra for delete a few things other player complain about and giving each person more freedom in this way :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maromber said:

- True, Phase 1 great.

- Phase 2 i prefer a little bit more "drifting" or something like that, so u can go much further. The players then can spread way more out of the plane fly line.

- phase 3 true . Way too slow and hard to direct.

Why do you fear u would die? u can pull the parachute line whenever you want. Maybe your right, if the designer, devs etc want to keep it, i would definetly say the parachute should automatically pull the line about half the way as it is now.

i had many games where 3 or more players were AFK. i often fly with the plane till the end :) uberdriver 5* :D 

 

Rethinking the automatic parachute thing was just a nice extra for delete a few things other player complain about and giving each person more freedom in this way :)

 

 

Nah good on you for having a crack. it could do with a tweak, and i think pulling the shoot later with the auto system would be great. 

End of the day i just want wingsuits...

 

d9612086bbfb8b13a084cab214d19860.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think there should be an AFK check before the plane kicks you out. AFK players should get kicked and returned to lobby.

OR

Make points for kills scale with time. The first 5 mins, kills are worth 0 points. 

What I currently do is wait until the plane kicks me off and then I kill all of the AFK players and then I try to die as fast as possible. I play for about 2-5 mins and get a couple hundreds credits (points) towards rewards. and I keep farming credits. I don't think that I should be allowed to play like this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0