Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burrkz

afk killers
AFK Killers/Parachute Auto Deploy

97 posts in this topic

So I think there should be an AFK check before the plane kicks you out. AFK players should get kicked and returned to lobby.

AFK check could be handy, then again, in most games you'll have only about 5-10 players who AFK and will automatically die to either the first or second circle if they remain AFK.

Make points for kills scale with time. The first 5 mins, kills are worth 0 points. 

Meh, kills should always reward points in my opinion, because what seperates AFK killers from early kills in cities/high risk locations? Your strategy for points is interesting though, pretty smart if you ask me, but you do have to wait for the AFKers to land etc. And how many do you kill usually?

Hi guys

A lot of playeurs crash at the beging of the game and they will be automatictly EJECTED AT THE END MAP......

So JUST BE AFK.....Follow HIM AND PUNCH HIM LOL

6 AFK>> And we make a NICE Circle <3 <3 <3 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Roro747/screenshot/813306660758537158

Another playeurs who crash....

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Roro747/screenshot/813306660764155580

I know it's an Early, mayB DEV must Disconect Playeurs who crash, Bcause WE CAN'T JOINT WHEN WE CRASH/BUGS ETC.....

Have fun and have a nice free-kill.........

Hello,

There should be a kick solution for afk people. Kick time should be between 5-10 minutes or something.

Thanks.

Why? If they go AFK too long they either get A) shot by someone else, or B) killed by the blue circle. Going AFK in a match is asking for problems.

I did find multiple people that get disconnected in the game. They are standing there like they are afk and you can still get a kill on them.

Please watch this at 6:15:

The characters of disconnected peoples should be removed or at least they should not give a kill.

Two reasons for this.  First one is obvious, adds for more tactical gameplay.  If someone wants to play risky, and pull their shoot really late in order to get to the ground first to gear up and kill the people parachuting around them, than I think people should have that choice.  High risk, high reward - you can get to the ground first and start looting to get a head start on the enemy squads who dropped at same location, or you can lose half your health or even die by opening it way too late.

The second reason is to combat a rather disgusting meta that has developed.  The other day my mouse went haywire, causing me to lose control of my PC, meaning I couldn't alt-tab back into the game during the airplane portion.  I finally gained control well after my squad had jumped out and landed (I couldn't operate push to talk to tell them I lost control) and came back as I was drifting down with all the AFK people.  There were about 15-20 AFKs who landed and just stood there.  Except, 4 of them immediately started knocking the others out and killing them, as soon as they saw me moving all four started chasing me, it was clear it was a squad.  After finally catching and killing me they went back to killing the AFKs.

Curious, later that night after my friends all logged off for the night I parachuted down with the AFKs a few more times to see if this was common.  Sure enough, game after game, there are people who drop with the AFKs to pick up a half dozen to a dozen free kills.  Did it 4-5 games in a row and this happened every game.  Frankly I found it disgusting, and dishonest; people killing AFKs game after game to pad their statistics page.  Making parachutes manual operation only would prevent this completely, because all AFKs would simply drop to their death, preventing scummy players raking up free kills from them.

So to me, making parachute operation manual only, is win/win.  It makes the game more tactical adding another risk/reward opportunity, while preventing scummy game metas.  Only one concern would be new players constantly splatting, which could be solved by adding a flashing "PULL" text along with audio warning (like airplanes) around the time the parachute normally would have auto-deployed, continuing until the player either pulls their chute, or splats.

2 people like this

Regardles if they decide to go this route, they sureley need to do something about the afk farming. It should be trivial to detect if a player is afk or not.

2 hours ago, Brainshack said:

Regardles if they decide to go this route, they sureley need to do something about the afk farming. It should be trivial to detect if a player is afk or not.

if he drops at the end point as a bag of potato. should be kicked before touching the ground. 

They could also just not automatically drop you out of the plane and once the plane is out of bounds it will insta kill you.

2 people like this

I feel like it would be a good move to make parachutes manual-only. Maybe make the minimum safe-deploy distance visible for you to see but won't force you to pull the chute.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Brainshack said:

They could also just not automatically drop you out of the plane and once the plane is out of bounds it will insta kill you.

this, my friend, should be the solution.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, FoxD1e said:

this, my friend, should be the solution.

OP here, what's wrong with my solution?  It solves the AFK farming problem and adds more tactical gameplay.

Edited by OscarZeta

you can fix this issue with afk ppl if you stop auto ejecting just bring the afk player back home :D

manual parachute is not needed imo. 

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, OscarZeta said:

OP here, what's wrong with my solution?  It solves the AFK farming problem and adds more tactical gameplay.

I Think its the easiest way to Solve this "Problem" with the afk guys. Ur other suggestion with opening parachutes manually is worth about outthinking. 

But for now it would be really annoying if u opening ur parachute at the right moment (in ur oppinion) and die from serverlag or desync, if u know what i mean

Edited by FoxD1e

IMO AFKs should just stay on the plane and fly away.... Easy solution I would wager.

Also I like that you need to look around while the parachute is deployed to get an overview of the people around you. That adds to the tactics of the game.

It was possible to open the parachute manually before but the auto open parachute was added as a hotfix because the manual parachute did lead to people falling through the map.

So this mechanic is basically just a placeholder and will get changed anyway.

22 minutes ago, Spen said:

It was possible to open the parachute manually before but the auto open parachute was added as a hotfix because the manual parachute did lead to people falling through the map.

So this mechanic is basically just a placeholder and will get changed anyway.

That's awesome news. Didn't know it was manual before. Sure hope they make it completely manual. 

Just now, Jbwrecked said:

That's awesome news. Didn't know it was manual before. Sure hope they make it completely manual. 

I did read my post again and i sound very sure... i just want to add that this is what i did read in an older thread (same topic as this thread) from someone who did write it there.

That this will get changed again is just my logical conclusion since the auto open was just added to hotfix a bug.

But maybe a mod or admin can confirm this?

1 person likes this

I'd be fine with manual opening, as long as it's very hard to deploy the closer you get to land. Make it highly skill based on landing perfectly.

And on the point of AFK killing... I'm at the point of like... who cares? It doesn't affect the game at all. They get increased points and that's it. It's a waste of time as far as the actual match goes.

Granted, while I never AFK drop for the purpose of killing the AFKs, there are times when I do land by them and just figure "why not?" and kill the 2-3 people that are there. And it doesn't happen EVERY game. Not on the NA servers at least. You can always see in the kill feed when the AFK players finally die to the circle, cuz they all pop up at once.

I think a change in the drop system, related to the drop of AFK's, is needed.

Some players in Battlegrounds take advantage over the players, which are AFK, in the match. They wait until the end of the flight and then drop with the AFKs at the same spot, just to kill them and get free points and kills out of it. I think this is a design flaw and there shouldn't be strategies like this in the game. In my opinion, the only way of getting points in this game should be by playing in an honest and skillful way. You should be killed automatically when you don't drop at some point (with a death timer).

I think there's already a thread where some provided feedback to this similar flaw. But I agree. Some said don't force drop and eject players back to lobby/main menu. 

On 5/7/2017 at 9:01 PM, Brainshack said:

They need to do this, but it needs to be placed in an area off the map. I've been kicked out of the plane a few hundred meters before reaching the houses I was aiming for, I wouldn't want to instant die from it.