Yalah

Game Crashing/Freezing - Stuck on Loading Mega Thread

BOBCAMO    5

ok, just for an update. just played a few rounds in fullscreen, 1080,  everything maxed out. didn't seem to have any problems. even tested changing one setting in my radeon settings and it caused the memory error, so made sure that was all default as well. only thing i could mess with without problems is a small OC(About 4.4GHz) on my CPU and locking my frames so it's not doing over 60 if it tries too.
But, the virtual memory thing that i talked about with the 19GB that was before i OC'ed anything, so that is still something. but again have my end with extra just in case. if some one has maybe 24GB of ram or more installed may not need paging file on but that is something to be tested since i don't have that.

Klaviaator    0
On 18/04/2017 at 9:25 PM, oldmofo said:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Logs
Check the latest subfolder in the path above. In the subfolder is a XML file. Open it in Notepad and search for "<ErrorMessage>" (no quotes). If the line states "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost.", then the only thing I found to fix it is the following:
- underclock your GPU clock and GPU memory clock. I have a RX 480 and I couldn't finish a match. Since under clocking the GPU and GPU RAM, PUBG no longer crashes for me.
I've searched the Unreal Engine JIRA ticket system for developers and the common denominator of reported bugs with the above error is newer graphics cards. Doesn't matter if you have the latest drivers, fresh install of Windows, etc. When you underclock the GPU, the issue of randomly crashing ceases for the above mentioned error.

How much did you underclock and was your card OC'd before? I have RX 480 Strix and the game crashes quite often. I need to restart the game after every match, then I don't usually get the crashes, but sometimes they still occur.

Edennil    0

Update to this report:

Now up to 52 crashes, additional logs added and attached to this post.

Additional attempts to remedy that didn't work:
- Tried removing the Overclock on my CPU.
- Tried Underclocking GPU and CPU.
- Tried reinstalling.
- Tried deleting .ini files and reinstalling.

It's a great game when it runs. I'm going to stop playing the game now though until there is a fix. It's just too frustrating to constantly crash. I'll continue to monitor this thread and try playing again when there is a fix.

Logs.7z

OSMANS    0

Hello guys 

I'm getting a crash. Delete game and windows all updating graphic and windows.

My system

i5 2500k

gtx 660 ti

8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram

Asus P8Z68-V LE

ssd samsung evo 750 120gb

Could it help to rectify this error.

Unbenannt.png.938a5c8d7e1956a17dc4d3ca582b1104.png

iBotman    0

"Made some improvements to address the issue of FPS drops when opening the inventory UI" this fix dont work.

Delta    11

Give it some time and it'll be properly fixed. Try opening the menu in the starting island whilst you wait too. That seems to fix it up. 

Spen    107

@Caesar of Roma @raman nudes I created a new bug report since this type of error is different that the onse you describe. I also had these type of errors but the type of error i describe here is very different to the others since the game crashes immediately and silently without any error or presympthos and it allways happens in the lobby (prematch). Also the error i describe is happening much more frequently then the others! I would say i get this Error in 7/10 games i try to play.

berkuhlee    0
Posted (edited)

If you spam tab (inventory), my ram slowly rises up.

I'm usually at about 50-70% ram usage with 12gb of ram. When I spammed tab, my ram slowly rose up to 85-95%, and then the game crashed as my windows reported that I was running out of videomemory (crash report here: http://i.imgur.com/7BD5pDV.png)

My ram rose even faster if I spammed tab + map key at the same time. Could it be possible that using tab clogs up your ram with no way to clear it besides restarting your game?

Edited by berkuhlee

hitem    133
Posted (edited)

Its a known bug that there is some memoryleak issues - but i havent seen this one specifically before - i will try to replicate this myself.
I can recommend meenwhile (before the devs gets their hands on it) to restart the game every 2-3 rounds you play incase this is a regular occurrence for you.
Edit: You dont need applications to clear memory (even tho there are many out there) - after some research here at work i notice there is a script for windows 7-8-10 that works that ive used. I found the source: https://www.compsmag.com/clean-ram-windows-using-notepad/2/

Edited by hitem

jimmyjhonny    0
Posted (edited)

I can confirm this

Bug Description:

Since the patch the games crashes very frequently when beeing in the lobby (it doesn't matter if you do something or stand still).

The game just closes instantly without any lag or sign before and without any error message. The game is just gone.

Crash to Desktop. No message at all. #CTD

This happened only while being in the lobby.

Date Seen:

Troubleshooting Attempted:
-

Other Information:
This is happening since the new patch.

Launch Options:
-malloc=system -USEALLAVAILABLECORES

System Specifications:

Intel i5-3750K
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1070

win10 pro 64bit

Edited by jimmyjhonny

jimmyjhonny    0

Bug Description:

Since the patch the games crashes very frequently when beeing in the lobby (it doesn't matter if you do something or stand still).

The game just closes instantly without any lag or sign before and without any error message. The game is just gone.

Crash to Desktop. No message at all. #CTD

This happened only while being in the lobby.

Date Seen:

-

Other Information:
This is happening since the new patch.

Launch Options:
-malloc=system -USEALLAVAILABLECORES

System Specifications:

Intel i5-3750K
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1070

win10 pro 64bit

more info

FreaKs_cF    0

I had the same issue, but I fixed it by downloading my company's graphics card tuning download and put the fan speed to performance instead of quality, which fixed my problems!

I used EVGA Precision XOC which is excellent, but if you don't have that type of gpu there is msi after burner, etc! GL!

evve    1

even after 1 mont update i still get this issues, im trying my best to fix this but... its not work

Posted (edited)

Date Seen:

Information:
Operating System
            Microsoft Windows 10 Home
        CPU
             Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2594 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s

RAM
            DDR3L 8GB
        Motherboard
        ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC (G751JL)

Graphics
            Nvidia Geforce GTX 965m
        Hard Drives
            1TB 2.5' 5400R SATA
        Audio
            Realtek High Definition Audio

Bug Description:
When i press the play button it brings me to a loading screen and i load into the server and hear everything so i know im in game but the loading screen doesnt go away so i cant see whats going on
Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted:
Changing settings,resolutions, refresh rate,validating files, running as administrator, restarting multiple times i spent an hour trying to join a game

Edited by Mr.LaughTrack

henji    4
Posted (edited)

Game is closing with out any error in lobbies and also video error in lobbies since new patch.

They said they rolled a patch to fix it on twitter but guess what it is not fixed.

This patch they released after a month this time that you guessed it broke the game for a lot of people.

Now everyone go and blindly pat the devs on the back and tell them how great of a job they are doing.

Edited by henji

xqrtnek    0
Posted (edited)

Same here.

The patch broke the game for me. I can't join a single game, the game quits after a few seconds in the lobby.

Edited by xqrtnek

CriticalH    0

Hello

Hello

My game is litterally unplayable since the update and I could play just fine before the update.

I have the stuttering of sounds the map and surroundings is not loading.

The game crashes with this [error message](http://imgur.com/xsNEyd5)  from time to time.

I tried to reinstall the game - I tried the launch settings on and off. I don't know what to do anymore.

so if anybody has any pointers of any kind I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bug Description:
The game does not load the buildings and surrounding area load in very bad quality very low fps , sound is stuttering. sometimes game crashes with this error message when I'm in game http://imgur.com/xsNEyd5

Date Seen:
Post April Monthly update

Server: 
Any servers

- I tried to reinstall the game

- Change game from HDD to primary SSD

- Tried with launch commands to use all cpus and SM4

- Tried to update GPU drivers

Other Information:
The game does not even load to the lobby properly anymore

The game was fine before the update

Launch Options:
I tried with and without 

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4

System Specifications:
Operating System: windows 10
Graphics Card: 980 TI
CPU: I5- 6600k 
Ram: 24GB

Caesar of Roma    530
19 hours ago, Xpd said:

Same thing happening to me, spec is
http://prntscr.com/eyz71g

http://prntscr.com/eyz73t

EDIT: I noticed only people with 8gb of ram are getting this, if thats helpful

19 hours ago, MeMe-chan said:

Bug Description:
at first it would just close down with out anything, and now i got a crash report. pretty much im mega confused and can't play with my friends anymore :^) RfQ28MW.png

Date Seen: 

2017/04/20

Server: 
 Live server,

i did this and it now got me to show me the crash report 

Launch Options:
None

System Specifications:
cZcrWGs.pngix2Mh5J.png

OK, something to try since you both are on Nvidia is to check your paging file, you may want to adjust this. Please make sure you have room for it too. Also make sure your power option is set to "high performance" and "not energy save."

PissPlosh    0

Bug Description:

Randomly during a game, anything from first minute to end of match, the screen will freeze, hold for a few second, show ONE extra frame and then freeze for good and either give a bug report box or will completely freeze the laptop. Ctrl Alt Delete will not close the program. I can press the windows key and see the taskbar but i cannot close the game.

Date Seen:
Every time i try to play the game since a few weeks back.

Server: 
Normal Servers

Verify Steam Cache on steam. Updated all drivers, graphics card, sound driver etc. Reinstalled the game to main SSD hard drive from other storage harddrive.

Launch Options:
I haven't. It doesn't seem to like it when i try run as administrator and won't bring up the UI on the start screen.

System Specifications:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970M
CPU: i7-4720HQ - 2.60GHz (8 CPU's)
Ram: 8GB

pic1.png

pic2.png

hitem    133
Posted (edited)

Hello,
I can recommend you to start running some monitor tools to see if its high load and/or during cpu hitting 100% for a long period of time or similiar.
Also, you can see if its ram related (memoryleak).loads, temps etc etc
for gpu, run gpu-z so you see graph over time
for cpu id run Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility (with graphs over time).
for memory id run windows own resourcemanager.

Side from this, what you can try is to lower your resolution by a lot and put everything down on low settings and see if the amount of crashes reduces.

Else this is a very hard nut to crack as you are playing a very CPU intense game on a Laptop - but the symptoms you are mentioning sound more like driver crash or overheating.

Edited by hitem
spelling

Caesar of Roma    530
14 hours ago, iBotman said:

"Made some improvements to address the issue of FPS drops when opening the inventory UI" this fix dont work.

14 hours ago, BULL EATING ANIMALS CSGO500 said:

Same for me and a lot people ....

Hey all, can we get some specs? It will greatly help to identify commonalities and problems. :-) 

BOBCAMO    5
9 hours ago, FreaKs_cF said:

I had the same issue, but I fixed it by downloading my company's graphics card tuning download and put the fan speed to performance instead of quality, which fixed my problems!

I used EVGA Precision XOC which is excellent, but if you don't have that type of gpu there is msi after burner, etc! GL!

if your meaning for OC'ing the GPU, it doesn't matter what i use. have used trixx so i can get more OC because your able to add +200cv(mv) to where everything else is only 100. but my max OC with this card using anything but Sapphire Trixx is...
MAX OC with +100CV(mV) & Power limit +50%
Core Clock = 1185
Memory Clock = 1700

with Sapphire Trixx
Max OC with +200CV(mV) & Power Limit +50%
Core Clock = 1200
Memory Clock = 1700

and this is my GPU's main OC mode.
Core Clock = 1060
Memory Clock = 1525
But overall, if i try to pass 1700 on memory it gives graphical anomalies

But no, with any early access related game as i said before, trying to OC anything except maybe a little for CPU or even RAM it causes a LOT of problems. with GPU, if i try to OC anything over the factory OC it causes graphic anomalies or even VRAM errors. this time around for instance. i turned shader cache off and it was causing a VRAM memory error on PUBG. which was the only setting i had messed with to test something. but keep in mind that this is all AMD hardware i have and not NVIDIA, which i know why and will not say anything about it in this thread as it's for crash info. that's why i don't mind sharing any of this info to any to know, may also help with problems other's have. but yes i know that NVIDIA stuff can sometimes be OC'ed on game's AMD can't be.

Ok, update from early this morning around 9AM EST
Everything has been working fine til i tried to join another match and while waiting for the minute count down the game crashed with the error windows attached to this post.
now i tried reloading the game multiple different times and even restarted, but it had to be something not of my end as everytime i tried loading the where it has the loading bar show just before it shows your character was not loading, just stuck their figured the server's were being restarted or something kind of thing as i changed nothing and played a couple other games and a couple hours later it was working fine. just figured i'd point this out though.

random crash.jpg