Yalah

Mid Game Crashing/Freezing - Stuck on Loading Mega Thread

1,278 posts in this topic

Please Post All Issues with Mid Game UI/Inventory/Crashing Here. Also, please Use the Bug Reporting Format and any work arounds/fixes that you have tried or that have worked for you. Make sure you state what you were doing right before the freeze/crash. 

Date Seen:
25 FEB 17

Information:
Windows 7 - 64 Bit (Pro)
Intel i7 - 940
Nvidia Geforce GTX 770
12 gigs RAM
Settings: Very Low (all)

Bug Description:
When opening the inventory I get a ~1-2 second fps lag/stutter and the same lag/stutter if I have the inventory open and I switch equipment/clothes. (It feels like an issue with the 3D character model being rendered and having the render updated with new equipment shown.)

Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted:
100% repeatable when opening the inventory or when changing gear/clothes while the inventory is already open.

Date Seen:
Friday and Saturday, Will also try Today if servers are up.

Information:
Operating System: Windows 7 64
Post your system specifications: AMD 7970m Amd 4600m 8GB RAM
Please try to include helpful evidence related to the bug, such as screenshots and videos: No Screenshot unfortunately but since there is a crash I may be able to provide a log file if you provide instructions.

Bug Description:
Opening Inventory results in crashing. Picking up items to equip is fine but I have had frequent crashes when trying to open inventory or Looting a dead body.

Tried to adjust game graphic settings, but inventory is still crashing. so I just go around with whatever gun I have found and can't use inventory , no crashes.

I was dying from being hurt so I tried opening inventory to use first aid but crashed and it gave me this error instruction at referenced memory. the memory could not be written.

PUNKBG error 2.JPG

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Date Seen:
5-10 march 2017

Information:
Windows 7
AMD Radeon 7870, Intel i5 6600k, 16gb RAM

Bug Description:
Game crashes out to desktop. Happens both in game and in main menu. More common when in inventory tab.

Updating video card drivers

Restarting computer

Changing Timeout Detection and Recovery times

Unistalling Google Chrome

Uninstalling chrome and changing the TdrDelay made the crashes rarer, but they still happen fairly often. I rarely finish a game.

Fixes I tried: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2665946/-display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-error-in-windows-7-or-windows-vista

Have bought a w10 key and will install that tomorrow and try again.

(Second thread about this issue, but this post has more information and a more accurate title)

Edited by Yabudabadoo

Seems to be fast actions in the inventory that causes crashes. By taking it slowly in the inventory and upgrading to windows 10 I have reduced the crashes so I can actually try out the game. Never made it past the last 10 without a crash though. If anyone has more ideas I could try out I'd be happy to hear them. I'm almost out myself.

26 minutes ago, Yabudabadoo said:

Seems to be fast actions in the inventory that causes crashes. By taking it slowly in the inventory and upgrading to windows 10 I have reduced the crashes so I can actually try out the game. Never made it past the last 10 without a crash though. If anyone has more ideas I could try out I'd be happy to hear them. I'm almost out myself.

I wish I knew. It is odd that you are crashing at that time... hmmm.

Experimented with not pressing inventory button at all during the first 5-10 mins of the game. I proceeded to crash when I exited the inventory. Also tried lowering the resolution to the minimum settings. Still crashing eventually when bringing up the inventory.

I think I'm all out of ideas at this point.

Complete list of the fixes I've tried:

• Updating video card drivers
  • Restarting computer
  • Changing Timeout Detection and Recovery times
  • Uninstalling Google Chrome
  • Installing Windows 10 as opposed to Windows 7
  • Taking it slow in the inventory, looking at a wall/the ground when opening and using it rarely
  • Not opening the inventory (actually works, but the game isn't that fun anymore at that point)
  • Lowering resolution to minimum (all graphics already pushed to the bottom)

Most of these worked to some extent, but I have yet to pass the final 10 in a game. As of now I give up and hope it's fixed to the next weekend

or atleast 'til the Early Access release. Still super hyped for the game, which is the only reason I've bothered trying to fix it so much :P

Also suggesting that the thread title is changed to "Inventory crashing" or something, since that's what I pinpointed it too. Can't seem to do it myself.

Date Seen:

Information:
Operating System
            Microsoft Windows 10 Education 64-bit
        CPU
            Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
        RAM
            16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 
        Motherboard
            MSI Z77A-G41 (MS-7758) 
        Graphics
            LM02 (1440x900@60Hz)
            VG248 (1920x1080@120Hz)
            AMD Radeon R9 290
        Hard Drives
            233GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)
            932GB Seagate (SATA) 
        Audio
            Realtek High Definition Audio

Bug Description:
PC shuts down on random times sometimes it doesn't even shutdown when playing the game 

Changing settings,resolutions, refresh rate, tried in windowed,fullscreen and fullscreen borderless still happens.

1 person likes this

Doesn't sound like a game issue, I would do some stability test on hdd's and check your heat sinks and graphics card's fans for dust and spray em out with compressed air and maybe reapply thermal paste to cpu. If you can run something to monitor temps and keep an eye on it and see if anything is overheating or running high before the crash that could be an indicator of cpu overheat or gpu. My other rig was doing it awhile back and the cpu heatsink was full of dust bunnies, cleaned it out with some dust off canned air and it ran fine. I take both of my rigs apart now every 2-3 months and check them for dust and what not. Seems to be a bigger issue with cases with a lot of chassis fans for air intake.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Dachonic said:

Doesn't sound like a game issue, I would do some stability test on hdd's and check your heat sinks and graphics card's fans for dust and spray em out with compressed air and maybe reapply thermal paste to cpu. If you can run something to monitor temps and keep an eye on it and see if anything is overheating or running high before the crash that could be an indicator of cpu overheat or gpu. My other rig was doing it awhile back and the cpu heatsink was full of dust bunnies, cleaned it out with some dust off canned air and it ran fine. I take both of my rigs apart now every 2-3 months and check them for dust and what not. Seems to be a bigger issue with cases with a lot of chassis fans for air intake.

GPU is being liquid cooled so temperature or dust isn't the problem, thermal paste was applied 3-4 weeks ago, temps are at 60C highest, game was on HDD now on SSD still have the same problem. Never ever experienced something like this with other games. 

its not your pc mine does it to there must be a bug in the game it just resets my pc no other game does it so yep its the game :(

On 3/18/2017 at 6:03 AM, dariomTc said:

Date Seen:

Information:
Operating System
            Microsoft Windows 10 Education 64-bit
        CPU
            Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
        RAM
            16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 
        Motherboard
            MSI Z77A-G41 (MS-7758) 
        Graphics
            LM02 (1440x900@60Hz)
            VG248 (1920x1080@120Hz)
            AMD Radeon R9 290
        Hard Drives
            233GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)
            932GB Seagate (SATA) 
        Audio
            Realtek High Definition Audio

Bug Description:
PC shuts down on random times sometimes it doesn't even shutdown when playing the game 

Changing settings,resolutions, refresh rate, tried in windowed,fullscreen and fullscreen borderless still happens.

31 minutes ago, gore1 said:

its not your pc mine does it to there must be a bug in the game it just resets my pc no other game does it so yep its the game :(

Hey guys, it is possible to watch the performance tab on task manager? It may give a clue as to what is being used or maxing out before failure. :-) 

Same problem here. Have yet to find a solution.

6 minutes ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Hey guys, it is possible to watch the performance tab on task manager? It may give a clue as to what is being used or maxing out before failure. :-) 

Will try that

2 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Nothing out of the ordinary, everything is same at the end, no spikes

Sounds like a power supply issue to me.

Im actually having this issue almost exactly except for me it only occurs when I load a menu like settings, loading into the main menu or out of the main menu. I thought it was a Power supply issue as well I have checked with a different power supply, if it's the same issue as mine it's not the PSU.

Posted (edited)

I have the same issue. Happens almost like 1 out of 5 games to me. I have never had any problems with this pc on any other game with even higher settings.

I even have the same graphics card and similar pc components. Maybe it has something to do with AMD drivers.

Edited by Sabertooth

I don't know I have a 980 Ti and I'm getting this problem, Are you guys both on Windows 10? It seems to me to have more to do with operating system, and I say that only as a hunch because if I set the two game executable in compatibility mode for windows 8 I seem to get the computer reset less often but I also get like an insanely bad 12-50 fps on low settings as opposed to before where I got like 80-120 on Ultra.

Hmmm, what power supplies are you guys running? Overclocked? Does it shut down or blue screens? It kind of sounds like a stability/power issue. I haven't seen many reports of this.. 

Corsair PSU, No overclock, only restarts the pc instantly no blue screens or whatsoever 

Posted (edited)

I've also got a Corsair PSU, No overclock yeah same instant restart no bluescreen, very similar to if power was pulled.

Edit: The other PSU I tested with was a friend's EVGA.

Edited by Bakunda

Same, I load into a game and the screen goes black. It started when I downloaded the patch today. 

Am glad it's not just happening to my Pc now I no it is just the game :D

I5  4460
GTX 960

8 GB RAM 

Windows 10 - 64 bit

Same issues

1 person likes this