PUBG_FWG

NETWORK LAG DETECTED

44 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Siethra said:

This connection is fine for gaming actually. I play many games using it. The connection is HSPA+ Not everyone in the world has access to Fiber or even DSL so just saying that I shouldn't play because my connection is not usable for gaming is kinda bs. I don't have an issue with the lag message, it's the fact the game doesn't even reconnect when the message is up. It hangs until it exits.....

It may be fine for single player gaming or coop gaming, but it is not the best for multi-player gaming.  Just because it is HSPA+ doesn't make it acceptable.  I go back to my original post.  I think PUBG needs to make a server region that opens up or loosens the requirements for people who have lesser quality internet connections.  The rest of us shouldn't be punished because you don't have access to a decent connection.  That's the unfortunate truth.

Either have one open region, or have a few servers in each region, NA - Open, EU -Open, etc.  These servers have more lenient ping limits for those of you who have weaker connections or want to game with friends from different regions.  You may not like having to be delegated to these servers, but at least you will be able to play the game.  More importantly, the rest of the 95% of us, won't have to reduce our standards just to accommodate you (and let in the cheaters at the same time).  

1 hour ago, Spen said:

So you are using your phones internet connection via 3G or 4G/LTE?

No wonder that this doesn't work ;) Such a connection is just not useable for gaming.

I disagree, currently playing in Estonia and there are NO LANDLINES in my town, I get excellent ping on all games, great dl speeds with a 4G router.

11 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

I disagree, currently playing in Estonia and there are NO LANDLINES in my town, I get excellent ping on all games, great dl speeds with a 4G router.

If it works for you then you have no reason to worry.  It isn't working for Siethra though, which is almost certainly due to his substandard mobile internet connection.  Not all mobile internet connections are created equal, some are better than others.  In theory 4G/LTE connections were designed for low latency (under 50ms) connections that would support multi-player gaming, but in reality, many do not live up to that standard.

My main point is, the baseline should not be dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.  Keep the standards fairly high and just open up another set of servers for those with poor connections.  While I can sympathize with his troubles, we shouldn't all suffer just to accommodate him and the others with poor connections.  They been experiencing artificial success in this game up until this point, and it is time that snap back into reality.

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

Just because you have decent ping does not mean you're not dropping packets. Wireless or data connection is notoriously bad for online gaming. Especially in a games where there are high numbers of players and every piece of information in a packet is crucial. For both parties.

6 hours ago, Siethra said:

This connection is fine for gaming actually. I play many games using it. The connection is HSPA+ Not everyone in the world has access to Fiber or even DSL so just saying that I shouldn't play because my connection is not usable for gaming is kinda bs. I don't have an issue with the lag message, it's the fact the game doesn't even reconnect when the message is up. It hangs until it exits.....

That's like saying "I only have a 56k dialup, I should still be able to play".
You may not have an issue with the lag or lag message, the people that you can kill due to your unstable connection may think differently.
I think in your case the system is working correctly, you are quite likely being disconnected due to an unstable connection.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Siethra said:

Of cource you can play online with 3G, but how about other players, who play against you?

Perhaps, it is necessary to up special separate servers without lag detector, leaderboard and statistics?

Edited by upalto

On 5/17/2017 at 1:23 AM, Siethra said:

I have 49 hours in the game so far, but I have only got access to 3G on my phone. My ping jitters but not incredibly. I get <100 pings to all EU servers but now this NETWORK LAG DETECTED happens. Once this message appears I cannot do anything, the game then times out and I lose connection to it.

So I can no longer play. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm incredibly bummed out, I was having a lot of fun. I didn't feel like I was lagging more than anyone else and no this means I can no longer play.

Any cellular connection shares a certain bandwidth per mast which covers a huge area compared to a physical line. A physical line may be in a more densely populated area but physical connections are far more stable. Cellular is largely affected by contention and interference. Additionally, network providers often provide QoS caps on connections of a higher usage to ensure fairly distributed speeds across their networks.

You can't justify blaming their servers if you're using this type of connection. It's not going to be stable a lot of the time which will cause your ping to shoot up and your connection to drop. 

19 hours ago, Siethra said:

Your argument that "not everyone in the world has access to fiber or even DSL" doesn't hold much weight here as that's not addressable by the PUBG developers. Yes, it's unfortunate that you don't have access to a better connection but should they enable lesser connections to play resulting in everyone else's experience being ruined or remove those who, realistically, cannot play the game to its intended state?

Can't play now because of "lag detected" message. I live far away from servers, how should I play?

ddasdasd.PNG

2 hours ago, iriskin0 said:

Can't play now because of "lag detected" message. I live far away from servers, how should I play?

ddasdasd.PNG

Not sure you will be able to unless one of these things happen....

1. You move less far away from the servers.
  2. You develop and implement technology that allows you to have low pings even when you live that far away from the servers.
  3. Bluehole opens up some 'all-access' servers or region with liberal ping limits for people who have high-pings

I'm hoping it is #2, because that would just be awesome, good luck.  If you are not so inclined, then maybe ask for #3.

Got excluded from game in top5 with wired error "network  lag detected" what is this?

- What are your PC specs? i7 7700k, Ram 32GO, Gtx1080ti,

- Can you provide a screenshot of results from here: http://www.cloudping.info/,    (See down page)

- What does your local speedtest/pingtest show? http://beta.speedtest.net  (see down page)

- What region were you playing on? Europa France

- Do you have a wired or wireless connection?  wired high-end cables

- Do you use any kind of QoS (Quality of Service)? nope

- Do you have any downloads taking place on your local PC or other clients? gaming computer only

test.png

test2.png

37 minutes ago, asterobus said:

Got excluded from game in top5 with wired error "network  lag detected" what is this?

- What are your PC specs? i7 7700k, Ram 32GO, Gtx1080ti,

- Can you provide a screenshot of results from here: http://www.cloudping.info/,    (See down page)

- What does your local speedtest/pingtest show? http://beta.speedtest.net  (see down page)

- What region were you playing on? Europa France

- Do you have a wired or wireless connection?  wired high-end cables

- Do you use any kind of QoS (Quality of Service)? nope

- Do you have any downloads taking place on your local PC or other clients? gaming computer only

test.png

test2.png

Sounds like you had a hiccup on your network...I would check with your ISP if it happens again.  A buddy of mine would lose his connection at 3:10 everyday because of some stupid thing his ISP was doing.  He got its fixed but had to document the time and provide feedback for them.

Also running any type of filtering, QoS or monitoring on your router will introduce increased overhead (cpu load) and decrease the over speed.  95% of normal home routers cannot keep full speed with such features running.

For example I have a 1gig connection.  If I started to filter websites to protect my kids the speed drops to about 350Mb down when its turned off I'm around ~950.  I'm running a netgear nighthawk home router also.

I'm not going to lie the network code is still trash...just played a game where i took 4-5 hits behind the tree after docking.  There is still a lot of work that needs to be done for the desync and tick rate.

today the longer the game goes the more D-sync comes.... not fun to play. concentrate on fixing this instead of making new content please

I did not have this issue yesterday but today every game I play I am rubberbanding and getting the "network lag detected" on my screen when I am not lagging. When I don't get the sign I rubberband out of doors and halfway across the map. This has ruined my day and I am not having any fun at all. This wasn't happening yesterday as well. Can someone help please?

1 hour ago, Whale Yolo said:

I did not have this issue yesterday but today every game I play I am rubberbanding and getting the "network lag detected" on my screen when I am not lagging. When I don't get the sign I rubberband out of doors and halfway across the map. This has ruined my day and I am not having any fun at all. This wasn't happening yesterday as well. Can someone help please?

If it was fine for you yesterday and you are having connection problems today then that points to a problem with your connection. Either try another server or contact your service provider. 

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Recently after this new update I get this message on my screen almost every game that says "Network Lag Detected." It pauses my game and most of the time it causes me to die.

Edited by Jroty

On 2017-5-17 at 1:26 AM, Tykjen said:

The game totally breaks down my network from time to time. Worrying to say the least. Ive never experienced a game totally kill the connection like that. I am forced to reboot router and PC to get online again. Its like they are bringing Skynet with PUBG...

This has happened to me a few times also. 

I have the same problem. The game was unplayable yesterday. I am using af wireless connection that are working fine in other games.