PodgePlaysGames

Hitting players with meele weapons

6 posts in this topic

when trying to hit people who are crouched or in the prone position should be made easier than having to jump on the enemy player to hit them, also you should be able to hit an enemy player while yourself is either in crouched or in the prone position.

13 hours ago, PodgePlaysGames said:

when trying to hit people who are crouched or in the prone position should be made easier than having to jump on the enemy player to hit them, also you should be able to hit an enemy player while yourself is either in crouched or in the prone position.

Or I guess you could get a gun a shoot them? I hate people who punch they waste time & possibly health just because they are thirsty for a kill O.o

27 minutes ago, Sasuke said:

Or I guess you could get a gun a shoot them? I hate people who punch they waste time & possibly health just because they are thirsty for a kill O.o

Often times the difference between life and death is punching your enemy or meleeing them before they find or reload a gun.  Amount of times I've head punched someone as they got the last shell in their shotgun is scary.  It's a necessary evil.

I'd like to see a stagger with the superman punch that interrupts reloads. Basically if you are trying to reload and all of a sudden a 200 lb man hits you flying though the air you will realistically not just stand there calmly trying to insert a mag. This would not fully apply to the pump or the revolver as reloaded shells would not magically fly out of the magazine or cylinder possibly not the OU shotgun either.

6 hours ago, Kringe7 said:

Often times the difference between life and death is punching your enemy or meleeing them before they find or reload a gun.  Amount of times I've head punched someone as they got the last shell in their shotgun is scary.  It's a necessary evil.

My position on this is that a machete could kill someone but a punch shouldn't be able to. I know you end up in situations where you have to do it, but it just seems so ridiculous to me that there's this random aspect where someone might punch you to death because you correctly chose to stop and pick up a weapon so that you could kill a person.

It also introduces 5-10 people per match that have gotten really good at punching and are just marking somebody in the air to chase after them immediately (lagging up their landing and looting) and trying to punch them to death. It's bad enough having the people with their footsteps sounds cranked up charging at you as soon as they have a pistol. :P 

On 2017-5-19 at 1:55 PM, Sasuke said:

for starters stop bitching. secondly why waste ammo when you are right on top of the guy you wanna kill. use a melee weapon, it's silent and not gonna draw attention to your location. 

On 2017-5-19 at 2:27 PM, Kringe7 said:

i agree if the dev's didn't want that scare factor they wouldn't of coded in hand to hand or melee style fighting. 

an evil out of necessity is a good evil