Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vajranoid

camera
Camera Improvements

14 posts in this topic

Following situaiton: I was inside a shed after being revived. An enemy was outside the shed reloading. i went out and  moved around the corner and stood with my back against the wall of the shed while aiming at him. At this moment I saw my head filling the wole monitor but not my crosshair! I was unable to kill the reloading guy cause i could just not aim. A second later he killed me! This would hve been an easy kill but the camera was totaly weird in that moment.

p.s.:

Also can you please allow us to prone when we are directly standing at a wall? It takes time and highers risks to step back before we can prone! Well in generall everytthing needs to feel just smoother but priority has the camera views while aiming plus the wall glitch thing! And why do we have to wait a second before we can enter a car? Make the "F" to enter the car visible when its ready to enter at least!!!! otherwise people enter and leave and enter the car again.

I don't really see any solutions to the camera problem that the devs could implement. The camera needs to not clip through walls. You can adjust in situations such as these by toggling into first person.

I like the proning idea.

You have to be stationary before you can enter a vehicle. Any extra delay is simply lag/desync and is hopefully eliminated in future patches. Stop completely next to the vehicle, then just press F once.

well if its always desync entering a vehicle or collecting a weapon then its a permanent thing in my game. At the moment I am already not playing it because some shots don't even hit the enemy. I also get hits after I am already 3 meters around the edge of a building.

13 minutes ago, Vajranoid said:

well if its always desync entering a vehicle or collecting a weapon then its a permanent thing in my game. At the moment I am already not playing it because some shots don't even hit the enemy. I also get hits after I am already 3 meters around the edge of a building.

Happens to all of us. If you're playing on the EU server then try NA. They are generally a lot smoother

On 5/5/2017 at 11:26 AM, Vajranoid said:

Following situaiton: I was inside a shed after being revived. An enemy was outside the shed reloading. i went out and  moved around the corner and stood with my back against the wall of the shed while aiming at him. At this moment I saw my head filling the wole monitor but not my crosshair! I was unable to kill the reloading guy cause i could just not aim. A second later he killed me! This would hve been an easy kill but the camera was totaly weird in that moment.

p.s.:

Also can you please allow us to prone when we are directly standing at a wall? It takes time and highers risks to step back before we can prone! Well in generall everytthing needs to feel just smoother but priority has the camera views while aiming plus the wall glitch thing! And why do we have to wait a second before we can enter a car? Make the "F" to enter the car visible when its ready to enter at least!!!! otherwise people enter and leave and enter the car again.

hi, i think i just ran into this issue... it's probably related to pulling your chute early, as me and some others have noticed in this thread.

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/13468-third-person-camera-bug-as-of-week-5-update/#

On 5/5/2017 at 4:16 PM, Vajranoid said:

H1Z1 was like this in the beginning it took forever to pick up stuff and open doors and get in vehicles. Then all of the sudden it was fixed. Im sure its no a connection problem.

It's a good thing that you can switch shoulder camera position and thus being able to switch the crosshair from right to left position back and forth, as it is manadatory for the gameflow in 3rd person games.

Now in Battlegrounds all players are righties and from the gameplay standpoint right hand corners are prefered to left hand corner, since even if you switch to the left position the characters weapon remains in his right hand. Thus the weapon peaking out faster on the right than it does on the left side. This creates a barrier for the gameflow imo

My suggestion would be to equalize both sides, so the the weapon pokinghas the same timing on both sides. In games like APB: Reloaded or even ME: Andromeda characters visually switch the weapons between hands while switching the crosshair position. With this every corner would be equal and every participant would get left hand combat training, just as they recently learned to climb.

Thanks for reading.

Can we switch shoulder camera out of the aiming mode for the love of god? It's SO frustrating TO NOT BE ABLE TO DO SO AND BEING FORCED TO GO IN AIM MODE ( threfore moving slowly) in order to be able to do so.

1 person likes this

HOLD your right mouse button while using third-person. It is different than clicking the right mouse button once.

Once holding the right mouse button, then press your Q or E lean keys to switch shoulder.

Sorry wasn't really explicit. Was writing it as I was playing and almost died in the precess because of the lack of option like the one I'm requiring with this post.

Basically when you are playing in 3rd person mode there is no way for you to switch the camera side unless you hold right mouse and then use Q to switch the side of the camera. What I basically want, is to be able to do that in the default 3rd person mode as well and not only why holding right mouse.

am I making sens now?

2 hours ago, flagfox said:

Sorry wasn't really explicit. Was writing it as I was playing and almost died in the precess because of the lack of option like the one I'm requiring with this post.

Basically when you are playing in 3rd person mode there is no way for you to switch the camera side unless you hold right mouse and then use Q to switch the side of the camera. What I basically want, is to be able to do that in the default 3rd person mode as well and not only why holding right mouse.

am I making sens now?

While I do agree that it is annoying, there is reason to it. Almost every gun is made to be shouldered on the right side. Thus, the camera is "over the shoulder" that the gun is on. Hence, when leaning in 3rd person, the left lean seems to feel a bit more clunky, or reveals a bit more of your body.

Reason being, if you shoulder a weapon to the left, your face is going to be pelted by the casings. Granted, this isn't the case with everything, it does apply to most.

It takes me literally a quarter of a second to hold RMB, press Q or E and release.. literally a 1/4 of a second. You don't have to fully shoulder the gun, just hold long enough to press the lean button.

@Bion the thing is I literaaly just need it to have a beter camera angle on my left side really. So many game do it I still don't understand why this one only does it halfway....

@5Across Takes me a quarter of a second too but that' not the point dude. the point is I want to be able to have the camera angle to stay on the left side or switch on the right side whenever I feel like it and for as long as I need it to without having to press the right Mouse button and stay in that aiming stance. SO that you or I can be fast at toggling it doesn't matter in regard to what I need it for.