Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InsightKnight

Auto ADS Script?

13 posts in this topic

Can someone provide me with an auto aim down sights script so that when I hold right click in third person it goes into first person and then back into third person when I release right click?

The way the aim controls work now is a nightmare. Tapping to ADS is just not working because I have played multiple other third person shooters that have hold ADS so unlearning that much muscle memory is just a huge pain in the ass. I tried binding "switch FPS/TPS" to my right click but all that does is go 1ST in hipfire mode, which again is pointless.

Basically I hate hipfire mode and I want it gone from my control scheme. Thank you in advance for whoever can help!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That is pathetic. This is the only shooter game I have ever played with such garbage aiming controls. Even ARMA let's you set the ADS option I am asking for. The "hipfire" is not even a hipfire. The gun is shouldered all the same. Just arbitrary RNG nonsense.

Edited by InsightKnight
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, InsightKnight said:

That is pathetic. This is the only shooter game I have ever played with such garbage aiming controls. Even ARMA let's you set the ADS option I am asking for. The "hipfire" is not even a hipfire. The gun is shouldered all the same. Just arbitrary RNG nonsense.

I don't know how you would not expect there not to be a learning curve when you start playing a new game? :) Sure everyone has their preferences and learned habits, but all that hostility over not having your way is not very mature :/ Maybe they'll implement an option to customize how ADS works in the future, maybe not. Time will tell. Meantime you might as well get used to it if you enjoy the game :) 

12 hours ago, Aldawgs said:

Hello Insight,

It is forbidden and You are not allowed to use it.

Here are the rules if you have other questions regarding those:

http://playbattlegrounds.com/rulesOfConduct.pu

Its kinda dumb how that is forbidden, it doesn't give you any advantage it just a preference settings in terms of controls and like OP said most games let you adjust that settings.

1 person likes this

@skiF Scripts in general will provide unfair advantage over an opponent regardless on what it is, You might find it that it doesn't give you a advantage but this is the exact opposite that are scripts are made to do exactly. because it will make the game easier / functional for the user depending on what script they are using,This makes it unfair on the  user who doesn't use scripts and is having problems with the ADS feature also, will you find it fair when there versing someone who is running it?. 

@InsightKnight All i can say for now is, if you are having problems with the current features make a suggestions and feedback thread and recommend the a better option for ADS needs to be implemented. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Aldawgs said:

@skiF Scripts in general will provide unfair advantage over an opponent regardless on what it is, You might find it that it doesn't give you a advantage but this is the exact opposite that are scripts are made to do exactly. because it will make the game easier / functional for the user depending on what script they are using,This makes it unfair on the  user who doesn't use scripts and is having problems with the ADS feature also, will you find it fair when there versing someone who is running it?.

So adjusting the game to your preference will make the game easier and therefore it should be illegal? That's basically like saying we should be forced to use a joystick to play fps games otherwise with mouse and keyboard it would be easier. Second there would be no disadvantage if this was actually implemented into the game so that everyone has the option of using it... *mind blown*

Edited by skiF
spelling
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, skiF said:

Second there would be no disadvantage if this was actually implemented into the game so that everyone has the option of using it... *mind blown*

Exactly my point, There is no need for a 3rd party program to help you get this advantage in the mean time :).

Edited by Aldawgs

Posted (edited)

I'd say it's pretty debatable whether that's considered an unfair advantage... I'd claim it isn't. I really don't think you'd get banned for such a thing, and if so, a developer should speak up. It is not expressly stated in the rules of conduct. All he's really doing is changing the control scheme for two actions between two buttons. It's not letting him perform in any way that another player wouldn't be able to perform under default settings.

Edited by Phyne

Posted (edited)

All I am asking for is a toggle option in the controls menu so that you can switch between the click and hold options. So for example it would be a drop down menu much like "crouch toggle or crouch hold" seen in many other games. It could say: Aim Method with two options, hold to ADS or hold to Hipfire. One option would make the single click hipfire and the hold click ADS just like it is now and the other option would do the reverse where single click would hipfire and hold click would ADS. Perhaps I should have just asked for this in the original post but I assume the developers could care less. :/

Edited by InsightKnight

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, skiF said:

So adjusting the game to your preference will make the game easier and therefore it should be illegal? That's basically like saying we should be forced to use a joystick to play fps games otherwise with mouse and keyboard it would be easier. Second there would be no disadvantage if this was actually implemented into the game so that everyone has the option of using it... *mind blown*

Exactly. Meanwhile people use macro mouse/keyboards, SweetFX and vibrant settings, ect. and all of that is perfectly fine. I understand by definition a script would be 3rd party which is why I want this hardcoded into the control scheme. It may sound petty but this issue is really turning me off from playing the game because a vasy majority of the gameplay is shooting and if the shooting feels clunky the entire experience is busted. Same reason the desync issue has so many people upset.

Edited by InsightKnight

Posted (edited)

InsightKnight makes a really good point about the Reshade stuff, which the developers have stated is perfectly okay to use. Now lets take Aldawgs quote and put that in there instead:

Reshade in general will provide unfair advantage over an opponent regardless on what it is, You might find it that it doesn't give you a advantage but this is the exact opposite that are Reshade is made to do exactly. because it will make the game easier / functional for the user depending on what Sharpening/Color setting they are using,This makes it unfair on the  user who doesn't use Reshade and is having problems with the default Color and Sharpening also, will you find it fair when there versing someone who is running it?.

See how that works?

Edited by Phyne
1 person likes this

I still have not found any way to do this and am at the point of looking into a macro mouse because I am sick of hipfire doubling my recoil pattern for no reason at all. So sad I have to use third party hardware just to get basic aiming functions that have been around for over 10 years in every major shooter game . . .

Edited by InsightKnight