Sign in to follow this  
808nheart

Interaction with Gear (solo and duo/teams)

808nheart    1
Posted (edited)

After playing for the past two weekends I have some suggestions for acquiring and managing gear. 

-Being able to go through teammate's bag

This comes from Arma 3's BR mod. You are able to go through bags on the ground or on a person. Since they recently added team servers for this mod; being able to go through my teammate's bag was kinda a big deal. Say you're teammates is watching the front and has a first aid for ya. He/she doesn't have to go through their bag just to drop the first aid. You can simply click on their bag and grab it for your self. 

-Put all most anything in the bag

Again coming from Arma 3, you can place all most anything in your backpack (within reason) based on its size. This includes weapons, vests, helmets...etc. From what I've seen you can only place ammo, attachments, grenades, and healing supplies in BG. I would like to add an extra weapon in my bag..just in case I need to switch up for some reason. the bag levels can determine the size of weapon or gear that can be placed in it. 

These are just some thoughts. Would love some feedback on it. :)

Edited by 808nheart
Miss-clicked post topic

Ozymandias    25

While I like the idea of being able to pick stuff up and give them to teammates or hold them, I don't like the idea of someone carrying multiple level 3 helmets or vests and swapping them out after a battle.

poach    5

I +1 what you said, but something that DEFINITELY needs to be added is dropping certain #'s of items. I don't like how items stack now, you need to be able to drop ammo and meds in any amount you want. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, poach said:

I +1 what you said, but something that DEFINITELY needs to be added is dropping certain #'s of items. I don't like how items stack now, you need to be able to drop ammo and meds in any amount you want. 

Ctrl + drag.

Edited by Subject_with_Gun

poach    5
3 minutes ago, Subject_with_Gun said:

Ctrl + drag.

Fuck me, I knew that should of already been in the game. I just assumed it would be Shift drag and if it wasn't it wouldn't work at all.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, poach said:

Fuck me, I knew that should of already been in the game. I just assumed it would be Shift drag and if it wasn't it wouldn't work at all.

I was also shifting, but accidentally pressed Ctrl ))

Edited by Subject_with_Gun

5 minutes ago, 808nheart said:

*bump*

Any more thoughts on this topic? 

I like the idea of being able to go through a teammates bag but don't think it's a big deal. It's easy enough to just drop an item for someone and have them snag it off the ground.

I like the idea of being able to carry extra armor or helmets or something but feel like they should take up a lot of bag space so you can't carry 4 helmets with you

1 hour ago, 808nheart said:

*bump*

Any more thoughts on this topic? 

Pls do not bump your topic to keep them relevant. It is against forum rules.

• Like 1

CueUp    26
Posted (edited)

I am not too fond of the idea of someone having multiple vest and helmets. If enough people want it I wouldn't rage over it but a limit is needed for sure. Like one helmet or one vest kinda limit.... maybe one of each. 

EDIT- I was thinking also maybe just add something like this to the third person servers and let the hardcore servers stay as is. (although we haven't played in hardcore so idk where that even stands)

I really like the way the game is playing right now. To many of these types of changes make me worry it will affect the flow of the game to much. 

With that being said I am sure a modder out there is already thinking to himself "I am a loot whore...let me up the weight values on everything and switch this so i can carry 5 vests around" 

Edited by CueUp

tootall604    11
On 3/6/2017 at 4:10 PM, Ozymandias said:

While I like the idea of being able to pick stuff up and give them to teammates or hold them, I don't like the idea of someone carrying multiple level 3 helmets or vests and swapping them out after a battle.

Agreed. I am liking the fact you can't carry multiples of armor or helmets.  

Caesar of Roma    535
On 3/6/2017 at 6:57 PM, 808nheart said:

After playing for the past two weekends I have some suggestions for acquiring and managing gear. 

-Being able to go through teammate's bag

This comes from Arma 3's BR mod. You are able to go through bags on the ground or on a person. Since they recently added team servers for this mod; being able to go through my teammate's bag was kinda a big deal. Say you're teammates is watching the front and has a first aid for ya. He/she doesn't have to go through their bag just to drop the first aid. You can simply click on their bag and grab it for your self. 

-Put all most anything in the bag

Again coming from Arma 3, you can place all most anything in your backpack (within reason) based on its size. This includes weapons, vests, helmets...etc. From what I've seen you can only place ammo, attachments, grenades, and healing supplies in BG. I would like to add an extra weapon in my bag..just in case I need to switch up for some reason. the bag levels can determine the size of weapon or gear that can be placed in it. 

These are just some thoughts. Would love some feedback on it. :)

I am not a fan of having someone be able to go into your bag. What if your teammate is a jerk and just steals all your loot or things you would need for the future like weapon parts, ammo or healing items especially in solo que DUOS. I.E.  I am posted up in a fire fight and I have 30 in my clip of XX and the same in my other main weapon, then 120 XX more in my bag and my partner just takes the 120 leaving me with 2 weapons with only what is in my clips and they run off to retreat or rush and get downed. Now I have no ammo for cover fire to maybe get them.. (I probably wouldn't)  

Kainan    46

Actually, I think people who aren't your fiends should be able to not only go through your bag if their skilled enough to sneak up on you....they should be able to drop a live grenade in your bag and run away ; D

• Like 1

808nheart    1
7 hours ago, Slyvinlisha said:

Pls do not bump your topic to keep them relevant. It is against forum rules.

Sorry forum master.

But to everyone else that is disagreeing with caring extra gear in the bag. Do you not like it because H1Z1 has a similar approach to gear as in BG and you don't want it to change. Or you hate it because people over loot in Arma 3 BR?

Caesar of Roma    535

I don't disagree or agree with carrying extra gear. I just have to think it out. I mean their are pros and cons to each. 

Sign in to follow this