bhizzleg

Desync & Hitreg

12 hours ago, Moses06 said:

I don't notice any difference whatsoever in the amount of desync. The only change I notice from their "lag" patch, is picking up items faster. Earlier tonight I was on top of a crate, someone started taking shots so I jumped down. I landed on the ground and immediately a headshot registered against me and I dropped. In other words, I was headshot on top of the crate and it didn't register on my end a full 1+ second later.

I think people need to wake up and realize there's not a damn thing the dev team can do about the lag, it's a problem that I can assure you will be part of this game next month, six months from now, and several years from now. The one and only option they can use to solve it is to change to another game engine or create one of their own. They don't want you to know this of course, so expect a nearly unlimited amount of BS excuses from the dev team going forward in an attempt to con as many people as possible into buying the game.

Here's a fact, if they cared about the quality of the game they wouldn't allow people to go to whichever server they wanted. They know their servers are a laggy joke, and yet STILL they'll allow people from Asia, with 200 + pings, to come to the NA server on top of it. This proves they couldn't care less about the experience people have playing the game.

The reality of the situation is Pubg is a fine example of the type of low standards people have for games these days. Gamers will pretty much play anything, and the devs know it. Next time you wonder why certain things aren't getting fixed, remind yourself of that.

Or, you can actually pay attention to the news and the information that we give before blaming the game devs for not caring. But here I will help you.

We have mentioned time and time again that there is a net coding issue with UE and they have been notified of it. You mention building your own engine, yes it is so easy, we all know where H1Z1 and DayZ stand on that issue currently. I understand you know a lot about game development, so you are aware that simply changing game engines are not that easy but you suggest it anyway.

We are not forcing anyone to play the game and we have always been very transparent with how we communicate. Feel free to check out the weekly and monthly updates. Read through the countless threads where we explained how the game progress is and the issues affecting it. If you feel like you are being conned, then stop playing the game.

As far as ping locking goes, I will quote this for you. In addition to the numerous posts where we answered that this is an issue, we are looking into the best way of handling. As friends from regions so still want to play together. 

On 6/7/2017 at 4:43 AM, Suspicious Pixel said:

Is there a ping or region Lock?

Some version of this will be in place.

So please, before you talk big words, make sure to do your research.

• Like 3

Moses06    9
55 minutes ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

Or, you can actually pay attention to the news and the information that we give before blaming the game devs for not caring. But here I will help you.

We have mentioned time and time again that there is a net coding issue with UE and they have been notified of it. You mention building your own engine, yes it is so easy, we all know where H1Z1 and DayZ stand on that issue currently. I understand you know a lot about game development, so you are aware that simply changing game engines are not that easy but you suggest it anyway.

We are not forcing anyone to play the game and we have always been very transparent with how we communicate. Feel free to check out the weekly and monthly updates. Read through the countless threads where we explained how the game progress is and the issues affecting it. If you feel like you are being conned, then stop playing the game.

As far as ping locking goes, I will quote this for you. In addition to the numerous posts where we answered that this is an issue, we are looking into the best way of handling. As friends from regions so still want to play together. 

So please, before you talk big words, make sure to do your research.

"Some version of this" is intentionally deceptive, you really shouldn't have posted that as evidence of anything. That could mean literally anything, you could implement region lock but only if someone's ping is over 500 in an out of region server, and that would accomplish nothing while still technically fulfilling the promise. In other words, "Some version of this" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick because you know it's what people want to read.

And I do pay attention to the news and updates, it's a bunch of marketing fluff nothing more. The fact is there are things that can be done RIGHT NOW to help with performance issues, and you're simply not doing those things. For example, why the need for clothing items throughout the map? Do people pick these items up? Nope. How long would it take for you to despawn them from the game world, the push of a button. Have you guys done it? Nope. Why not? Because you couldn't care less. The game is horribly optimized yet you leave hundreds if not thousands of items lying around the game world that nobody even uses. These are actions, what you posted are words. One means something, the other nothing.

The FACT is, you didn't implement ping/region lock at the beginning because you didn't want to do anything to upset anyone and stop them from buying the game. That's the one and only reason, profits over performance. Just the facts.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Moses06 said:

"Some version of this" is intentionally deceptive, you really shouldn't have posted that as evidence of anything. That could mean literally anything, you could implement region lock but only if someone's ping is over 500 in an out of region server, and that would accomplish nothing while still technically fulfilling the promise. In other words, "Some version of this" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick because you know it's what people want to read.

And I do pay attention to the news and updates, it's a bunch of marketing fluff nothing more. The fact is there are things that can be done RIGHT NOW to help with performance issues, and you're simply not doing those things. For example, why the need for clothing items throughout the map? Do people pick these items up? Nope. How long would it take for you to despawn them from the game world, the push of a button. Have you guys done it? Nope. Why not? Because you couldn't care less. The game is horribly optimized yet you leave hundreds if not thousands of items lying around the game world that nobody even uses. These are actions, what you posted are words. One means something, the other nothing.

The FACT is, you didn't implement ping/region lock at the beginning because you didn't want to do anything to upset anyone and stop them from buying the game. That's the one and only reason, profits over performance. Just the facts.

As I have mentioned in my earlier post. The reason it was worded that way is because we haven't figured out the best way to handle the situation as people like to play with their friends in different regions. So a region/ping lock needs to be looked into in detail. We have said this many times on the forums in different threads, over Twitter. But you are free to form your own opinions about that. 

So just because we didn't remove clothing it's a marketing fluff? I will try to find it but PU explained himself why he doesn't want to remove clothing. So, it's a game design choice, not because "devs don't care".

The FACT is, you are making assumptions on the decisions you have no idea about. Again, as I have mentioned in my earlier post, if you feel that this is such a scam then simply stop supporting the game and don't play. Because at this point, nothing that is said will make you happy. There are many other Battle Royale type games in the pipes.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

Moses06    9

You don't seem to understand the concept of EA. The entire point of EA is to get feedback from the community, that is literally the only reason it exists. If you're going to respond with "well then stop playing" every time the entire point of EA, criticism, comes your way, then you're probably in the wrong business.

Steam is littered with EA titles that ended up being nothing more than a money grab, games that are still, years later, a broken mess. If you didn't want to hear criticism you should have waited until the game was ready for release. The fact is, the higher the sales numbers go, the greater the expectations are going to be. You don't sound like you're ready for it.

I understand it right ? That we have no region/ping lock because some people want to play with there friends ?? All this dsync lag 1one1 mess because some friends from EU/NA want to play together (for example a squad with americans and europeans ??). Im right or what im missing here ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Schrader said:

I understand it right ? That we have no region/ping lock because some people want to play with there friends ?? All this dsync lag 1one1 mess because some friends from EU/NA want to play together (for example a squad with americans and europeans ??). Im right or what im missing here ?

ya this one i dont understand... there cant be that many americans that want to play with folks from eu. i certainly dont know anyone from the EU. No one i play with throughout several states in the us knows anyone in the EU.. I'd be curious to know how many people they are talking about thats holding things up for the rest of us....They should implement ping lock and then when they figure out "some version of this" then they can unlock the servers and implement their plan....although i dont see any way of making people have low pings from around the world all on one servers....its like not even possible due to technology, money and distance....

am i right?

Toadlvr    4

I didnt read all these comments so maybe im speaking outta terms here but personally this game has been at a normal state of early access, crashing bugs etv but like its not game ending to me and when i see the devs release new content i get happy an excited not mad and elitist shouting "fix the game before adding content". like the devs are building a great game let them build it and report bugs and issues and they'll fix it. I also HATE the comment of stop added content fix your game........ this dude Kanesdeath said "Amount of issues since Early Access release are doubling each week." idk what game you're playing but the amount of bugs definitely do not DOUBLE each week. take a step back and try to see the big picture. the devs dont have their entire staff + the janitor creating clothing, everyone has their respective job and I'm sure they are working on it.

Samuelc    0
Posted (edited)

You people are fooling yourselves and you should know better. This game isn't going anywhere. No amount of patching is going the fix the problems it has and it will never reach a truly satisfactory playing state.

We're not even talking about servers and performance issues or the enormous amount of content that is lacking, but the actual game mechanics and the poorly made engine that the game plays on. This is nothing but a broken, fairly addictive game mode or demo that should have been part of a much larger game. The main idea of it all is great, I cannot contest that. But it will be up to other developers in the future to make something similar to this work right.

Aside from that, for 30 bucks the game is an absolute scam. No question about it. Not only to say you're playing something completely broken but I just bought Watch Dogs 2 for 25 bucks and GTA V for 30 bucks. Does is seem fair for a game that is more in alpha stage to worth just as much or more than an AAA game. I find that to be complete rubish and of course if It would be possible to get my money back, I'd gladly welcome it. But, lesson learned - this was the first and the last "early access game" I will ever buy.

Edited by Samuelc

humpty2c    0

Am I the only person who's FPS go from 70 to 1 at least 5-10 times a game? I can run  BF1 on High settings with ZERO issues and this game takes me 13 seconds to just load the tab screen. I can't even explain the amount of times I've died from lagging down to 1 FPS. I can't be the only person with these issues right? Sometimes the game is almost unplayable because of how bad it is. Don't even get me started on driving or even riding in vehicles, I can't even see where I am going, I'll be driving and I'll lag and then be head on in a tree or a rock. I really hope this is a known issue...

DigitalVHS    5
9 hours ago, Samuelc said:

You people are fooling yourselves and you should know better. This game isn't going anywhere. No amount of patching is going the fix the problems it has and it will never reach a truly satisfactory playing state.

We're not even talking about servers and performance issues or the enormous amount of content that is lacking, but the actual game mechanics and the poorly made engine that the game plays on. This is nothing but a broken, fairly addictive game mode or demo that should have been part of a much larger game. The main idea of it all is great, I cannot contest that. But it will be up to other developers in the future to make something similar to this work right.

Aside from that, for 30 bucks the game is an absolute scam. No question about it. Not only to say you're playing something completely broken but I just bought Watch Dogs 2 for 25 bucks and GTA V for 30 bucks. Does is seem fair for a game that is more in alpha stage to worth just as much or more than an AAA game. I find that to be complete rubish and of course if It would be possible to get my money back, I'd gladly welcome it. But, lesson learned - this was the first and the last "early access game" I will ever buy.

This ,+10  for you..30 usd for EA game and 5 months with this lag, poor servers performance, dysanic, no hitmarker, dieing bihind wall, 80% times when i die in game my reaction is...WTF!!! How?? Close combat in thsi game is poor scam and shit.Thsi is not acceptabale for PVP game!

But devs bring new cars, new maps, new wepons...

I dont like H1Z1  i have maybe 15 h gameplay...but go and ask H1Z1 devs how to make servers like  them...so smooth so good servers and PVP fight....

PUBG- Good conncept with shity and disgusting  pvp combat...Sorry for bad English and negativity ,but after 5 month or 4 in EA a im totally disappointed.

• Like 1

Bragorn    6

This game still sux.. They are adding more useless things in game. We need smooth fight mechanics. Im still dying behind covers after all these months. Everyone is saying ''desync is the most important issue in this game'' but they dont care. 

This game is preparing its ends, like others. I hope someone can make very good game someday..  I lost my hope about this game

• Like 1

Kringe7    123
7 minutes ago, DigitalVHS said:

This ,+10  for you..30 usd for EA game and 5 months with this lag, poor servers performance, dysanic, no hitmarker, dieing bihind wall, 80% times when i die in game my reaction is...WTF!!! How?? Close combat in thsi game is poor scam and shit.Thsi is not acceptabale for PVP game!

But devs bring new cars, new maps, new wepons...

I dont like H1Z1  i have maybe 15 h gameplay...but go and ask H1Z1 devs how to make servers like  them...so smooth so good servers and PVP fight....

PUBG- Good conncept with shity and disgusting  pvp combat...Sorry for bad English and negativity ,but after 5 month or 4 in EA a im totally disappointed.

You're response is in poor taste.  

You want the art and assets team to stop working?  Let's just throw them on the coding team, that will turn out well.  

Would you hire an artist to pour concrete for your house?  Would you have the people who put shingles on the roof stop because the people who are putting on your door ran into issues installing the door you wanted?  That doesn't make any sense, you're paying them by the hour you should be letting them do their job, not demanding the people on the roof come down and just watch the door have issues.  

Kringe7    123
14 minutes ago, Bragorn said:

This game still sux.. They are adding more useless things in game. We need smooth fight mechanics. Im still dying behind covers after all these months. Everyone is saying ''desync is the most important issue in this game'' but they dont care. 

This game is preparing its ends, like others. I hope someone can make very good game someday..  I lost my hope about this game

I, and thousands of others, have had little to no issues and have been seeing constant improvements with the updates.  I'm sure whatever is causing your experiences to be so bad will also be fixed.

TommyJackal    2

I think that the biggest problem is that THE DEVS DONT SPEAK TO US ABOUT IT. 
They know the game have Dsync and hit reg and lag and.... but still no one from staff says anything. Seems shady, seems like they hiding failure, that they have no idea how to fix it and that they hadn´t any progress

People have to deal with this issues everyday, i have to deal with this issues almost every single game, no joke. So i come to the foruns wondering if devs said something about it, any tiny little update on these issues subjects and what do i find? nothing. 
Its frustrating. They have time to explain a lot of stupid things and questions from the community why dont explain the major issues with this game and tell us what are they doing about it at least once a week? a month maybe?

Its EA i know, but there is no excuses imho for the dsync and hit reg since its a FPS ( yeah BF 3 had it, thats why the game sucked for a long time but Hey, EA games is a huge company, they can afford it, BlueHole is not... They picked UE4 and didnt know about it? didnt test it?

Anyway, im frutrated and i would love just to see that devs care about it as much as we do by talking to us.

• Like 2

SuperWookie    1

I don't know if it's getting worse over time but there are some REALLY weird things occurring.

hitting a guy point blank when he's lying down should be instakill with a shotgun and should be a headshot (regardless of helmet) but its not and they can even fire back!!!

when zeroing on two people next to one another at say 200m... you get massive disparity : you can hit the first by aiming for torso or head and the other you have to shoot half a body length over their head!! 

Also, (but this might be lag) you can hit someone 4-5 times as they enter the building or if you creep up on them but they remain unaffected and have time to turn around and simply waste you in 1 or 2 shots regardless of your armor.

I'm sure they will fix it, maybe it also has to do with my setup... I get insanely long load times back into lobby or from lobby to island etc.... i'm always the last one to enter games (which I don't get because I have the latest i5 and a gtx960 .....

oh well...

Bragorn    6

They dont care imo.. I said this game is preparing its end. Pvp game must be competitive but it is not.

TommyJackal    2

Bragorn you are being naive my friend, obviously they care, we are talking about money, power and reputation. If they screw it up not only will lose money but Devs reputation go to trash. They care but they dont have what they need to fix it right now. Will take time untill they get it and we gonna cry untill they fix it. I will, they have my money.

Zailink    37

@DigitalVHS @Bragorn

For some people blaming devs in this post... Could u do a bit of research first? I mean, netcode problems and desync are related to the Unreal Engine 4 code itself, and the guys from Epic games are pushing hard to fix this issue asap, working side by side with Bluehole.

Also, a game studio is divided in departments, so the guys who is creating new models for guns don't know a shit about netcode. That being explained, can this "art guy" fix the game netcode issues? No. Should he stop developing content? Absolutely no, because thay are especialized in departments, it's easy to understand.

That being said, now you see how the famous sentece "stop adding content and fix the game first" has no sense at all?

Cheers from Spain, cya in the battlegrounds :ph34r:

Bragorn    6
2 hours ago, Zailink said:

@DigitalVHS @Bragorn

For some people blaming devs in this post... Could u do a bit of research first? I mean, netcode problems and desync are related to the Unreal Engine 4 code itself, and the guys from Epic games are pushing hard to fix this issue asap, working side by side with Bluehole.

Also, a game studio is divided in departments, so the guys who is creating new models for guns don't know a shit about netcode. That being explained, can this "art guy" fix the game netcode issues? No. Should he stop developing content? Absolutely no, because thay are especialized in departments, it's easy to understand.

That being said, now you see how the famous sentece "stop adding content and fix the game first" has no sense at all?

Cheers from Spain, cya in the battlegrounds :ph34r:

lol.. We are not playing sims 2. We mean, they dont need to spend so much energy on visual work.  We need smooth and competitive play..

radjenovic    116

I must admit today I had my first proper rage moment in a long time because of desynch, I landed next to another player (A south american on the EU servers.........) Start to punch the guy and my fists are going through him, whilst he picks up a gun and loads it,he bails on the room,  I pick up a pistol he reenters the room unload fires off his rounds at point blank range and misses I fire 15 rounds and  I swear they go through him, though he is jittering all over the place.

TO be clear though the fist thing I was annoyed about the CQB shooting was laggy for both of, I'm not saying I should have killed him with the shots, but its frustrating when the start of the game can be unplayable in that kind of scenario

Stalmard    12

I often see people running around that are literally bouncing (not jumping) as they move around.  I have attempted to shoot them at close range, as in the same room with their back to me,  and never can get blood splatter yet they can hit me.  I see one of these type of people at least every few rounds.  Extremely frustrating.

OzRecon    78
7 hours ago, DigitalVHS said:

Seriously? Their reddit (their official forum no less) is full of server and performance complaints. 

rav-kz    10
Posted (edited)

Perhaps now you people understand why soooooo many twitch streamers from NA play on EU and AS servers: the ping! Namely their 200+ ping gives them an enormous advantage (that and some other things which I will not discuss here beyond mentioning that it's quite hard (read - impossible) to actually aim at +200 ping unless...).

Ask why the devs don't do anything about this dsync and ping issue?

Why would they?

The hell with people like me playing with 30-40 ping max (my internet connection to Frankfurt is actually 25-30 ping but hey, let's add another 10-15). And long live Potato Joe or a random twitch streamer from NA playing on EU servers with 200+ ping, killing people behind cover, not getting hit cause he isn't actually where they see him on their monitors and so forth.

Who cares?

There is no fix to this issue beyond the rest of us plebs with decent connections and not being bastards becoming pieces of human garbage and actually intentionally throttling our internet connections to 150-200 ping to make it an even playing field.

PS: before any God dam netcode optimization and server optimization they could just bloody well stop people from NA playing on EU servers or EU players playing on AS servers and so forth. That would be something wouldn't it?

Edited by rav-kz

Vakuza    3
Posted (edited)

I cannot help but notice that I am repeatedly matched to a really laggy servers. And it seems like the only way to solve it would be to block 80% of PUBG servers. Can this be done on the router/hosts? I am considering trying it.

Take a look at the screenshot. How is this even remotely acceptable? I consider playing on BF1 servers with over 25ms ping to be a second rate experience. It looks like when I am playing PUBG I am living back in 1997 with dialup modem. It actually feels like it too.

By the way, before anyone says anything, I am talking about top two servers: Virginia and Ohio, maybe Canada too, since its North America.

Dear Bluehole, can you implement something where player can choose not to play on certain continental servers? I think the image is self explanatory. This is so ridiculously awful.

PUBG-PING.png

Edited by Vakuza
  • Like 1