Sharkstache

Car spawns... Seriously..

Sharkstache    14
Posted (edited)

Just had a game where I landed in Military base, and proceeded to be the last survivor coming out of there. I ended up with 4 kills and pretty good gear (to list the important items, 7 first aid kits, 2 energy drinks and an 8x scope), only to be absolutely fucked by RNG with the circle and vehicle spawns.

The attached image shows my in game path (green line), the car spawns I checked (green circles - remember, I had an 8x scope) and the final circle area. I proceeded to run around for what felt close to 10-15 minutes, and I didn't find A SINGLE FUCKING VEHICLE up until the one I marked with the red circle. Needless to say, I wasted all 7 of my first aid kits, both my energy drinks and still died to the circle. I of course ran with my weapons holstered.

This is absolutely ridiculous, and I am of the opinion that after the circle passes the vehicle spawns, they should either all spawn 100%, or have a "re-roll" on their spawns, with the spawn chance being MUCH higher.

Edited by Sharkstache
  • Like 2

Frazer    17

I have to admit recently it has felt like cars spawn in massive clusters in one part of the map and barely any anywhere else,

• Like 9

Bion    42

Almost every time I land in Georgepool, there is never a car around. I like landing there, but I hate running for 10 minutes straight afterwards.

• Like 2

QuadDamage    27
2 hours ago, Quasispec said:

Just get rid of the cars, that way we won't be disappointed.

Might be a good idea, if just to get rid of the "play the circle car strat."

• Like 1

gamlekripos    56

So let me get this straight. You over looted and got smacked by the circle and now you want our sympathy? 

• Like 3

Sharkstache    14

...I didn't loot, I was engaging in fights with dozens of other people, then proceeded to check 16 random vehicle spawns and didn't get a single one.

Something is clearly wrong here.

AdamEthan    18

Should have got a car early. All the cars were already taken. Seems like your own fault.

• Like 2

Roble    19
Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2017 at 0:28 AM, AdamEthan said:

Should have got a car early. All the cars were already taken. Seems like your own fault.

I would agree, sounds like someone took the cars that spawned. Loads of vehicles always spawn at the military base, you either got really really unlucky (RNG remember) or they were taken already. 

Edited by Roble

MDCCCLXXXIV    19

You sound like the only one ever who has been searching for a vehicle and hasn't been able to find one, seriously.

Well that's the point of the random spawn of vehicles. Now it is not that easy to go somewhere, loot quietly, not caring about the circle and then just get a car.

Use your head and plan more carefully your next game and pay attention to the circle position instead of caring only about looting.

Cuti8tushu    67

I usually just go hunting for cars and shoot all their tires out around the military base :)

Roble    19
22 minutes ago, Cuti8tushu said:

I usually just go hunting for cars and shoot all their tires out around the military base :)

I went to get in one the other day at the military base, then realised the tyres had been shot out. 

It could have been you, you b*****d! haha JK :P

SwiftRic    0

I have had the same situation happen to me different times. I figured its better to plan ahead of time instead of waiting until it's too late. So if the circle is far away I usually just get a little bit of loot and then start moving or looking for a vehicle.

CDNMaple    29
On 2017-6-23 at 8:47 PM, Sharkstache said:

Just had a game where I landed in Military base, and proceeded to be the last survivor coming out of there. I ended up with 4 kills and pretty good gear (to list the important items, 7 first aid kits, 2 energy drinks and an 8x scope), only to be absolutely fucked by RNG with the circle and vehicle spawns.

The attached image shows my in game path (green line), the car spawns I checked (green circles - remember, I had an 8x scope) and the final circle area. I proceeded to run around for what felt close to 10-15 minutes, and I didn't find A SINGLE FUCKING VEHICLE up until the one I marked with the red circle. Needless to say, I wasted all 7 of my first aid kits, both my energy drinks and still died to the circle. I of course ran with my weapons holstered.

This is absolutely ridiculous, and I am of the opinion that after the circle passes the vehicle spawns, they should either all spawn 100%, or have a "re-roll" on their spawns, with the spawn chance being MUCH higher.

So you're saying you had a full five minutes to get to the next Circle?

I have this problem with my kids in the mornings. Five minutes before the bus comes I tell them to finish their breakfast but they don't, they wait until the last minute and miss out on half there breakfast.

• Like 3

Jbwrecked    149

All of these replies xDxD lol. But in all reality OP, overlooting is a thing that I suffer from as well. Not to mention it is VERY likely that someone got a couple of weapons, and took off 2-3 mins into the game. I know I've noticed many people land, go to scaffold to loot, and then they take a car. So it may not be that none spawned, it may just be that they took them all because you were engaged in some fights throughout. 

DirtFarmer    33

Since the update where they removed 100% spawn rate my friends and I have been landing on the dirt roads a lot more.  They tend to have a vehicle on there somewhere.  I think the reality is if the circle RNGesus is in poor favor you have to get a vehicle.  So we get them as early as possible.  If you wait till you're done looting then you'll likely be screwed. 

Kringe7    123
17 minutes ago, DirtFarmer said:

Since the update where they removed 100% spawn rate my friends and I have been landing on the dirt roads a lot more.  They tend to have a vehicle on there somewhere.  I think the reality is if the circle RNGesus is in poor favor you have to get a vehicle.  So we get them as early as possible.  If you wait till you're done looting then you'll likely be screwed. 

I do like the removal of 100% spawns, but it has made me opt more towards the, 'vehicle now, drive to safe loot after' method of play.  Not terrible but it does get kind of boring.  

It's worth noting I don't have a squad to play with so this is 100% solo games.  Squads I feel you could manage a lot easier looting first.

Motorcharge    9

It seems to be screwed up in the same way the loot tables are since the last monthly update. It's not that there's not enough cars on the map, the distribution is just screwed up. It's all or nothing, there's either a ton of cars in one area or zero.

gamlekripos    56

All players should spawn fully geared inside a vehicle and with three kills to their name. And free candy for all!

On 6/26/2017 at 9:11 AM, Cuti8tushu said:

lol I'm stealing this.

Quasispec    125

If this was anyone but Sharkstache I'd be sympathetic but I know he loves him some vehicles. :P

The thing that's kinda concerning to me is checking all the map "car spawns". That's not an official map from the instruction manual, just something that gives you an idea of where things might be when you're full on fledgling at the game.

OzRecon    78

You choose to land on the edge you take the chance of being stuck well outside the circle. It's a gamble and we all suffer from it at some stage. I like the car spawns as is, sure they can be annoying at times but that's the game. Nothing is guaranteed.

Also that map is by no means accurate. It's missing quite a few spawns and some of them spawn so rarely it's not worth the gamble.