Jump to content
NoonTimeDrunk

This is what fatigues me in PUBG

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This is the sample of what you must deal with every single corner or object. Someone being able to maneuver their camera to spot you. Even tho I won the fight being positioned and not moving, with the amount of lagg or desync some people do get away by peaking and pre firing or not even looking down their sights but to hip fire or hold 3rdperson shoot after peaking, or they will bypass the corner part and try to bypass and shoot after. The information was his to process and he chose to go head up.

this is why I am strongly going to play First Person because you cannot get that kind of intel until you fully poke and and spot me. you can hear me but never ever will you spot me behind cover like this guy did.

Edited by NoonTimeDrunk
forgot
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on a side note we have H1z1 Shotgun Behavior too.
 

We don't have any Tagging or Staggering effects to players who get shot while running, if players do get slowed down upon receiving damaged I would have probably took  some jab shots through the window to try and slow him down or put some fear that his Rush Pattern got slowed down and might be bad idea to keep pushing. but as of now people get shot they keep running at the same speed and will probably wont think twice even if they get shot to keep pushing because they know that this shotgun has a good chance in putting someone down with 1 shot. I on the other hand manned up and took his Rush on knowing my Uzi can feed way more bullets in between pumps. I got lucky but this is a trend I see players have adopted because of the lack of Staggering Damage upon receiving damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nomad    689
5 minutes ago, mok said:

You really expect someone to gimp himself and use 1pp only while everyone alse is abusing 3pp ?

lol

I think what he is getting at is that everyone has the same third person advantage, some complain about it even thou they can do the exact same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mok    0
1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I think what he is getting at is that everyone has the same third person advantage, some complain about it even thou they can do the exact same thing. 

You are forced to use it even tho you dont like it, if you dont you just gimp yourself severely and your chances of winning something are 0 in higher q's. Bottom line is that people want 1pp servers where noone can abuse that 3pp camera bs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingLlama    1

That is your choice to force yourself to play like that. I would understand if the server was only fpv but someone would find a way to use tpv but that isnt the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nemesis    27

I just don't think 1st person lends itself well to a tactical game like this. 

The only time I'd accept 1st person only would be if they changed the bullet ejection point so it fires where you aim rather than from the barrel. If that guy didn't see you and rushed out he may have killed you just the same because so many of your bullets hit the window frame even though you weren't aiming there. You got lucky because you strafed a tiny amount and that 1 bullet obviously headshot him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the word tactical in 3rd person gaming. The only thing that is tactical is the unrealistic ability to abuse the camera seized the information and using it either by your self or cordinating with other people that's it. You have a 360 degree ability to alt look you have the ability to size someone up to flank someone who has no idea you are about to jump out of cover.

 

what takes skill in first person gaming is the limit amount of angles you can see. Risking a team mate or your self to be in a high location to seize position. But run the risk of being spotted for fought over for the spot.

The end games are proof as they boil down with experience is bush Wack. Grass wack. And tree or rock wack. When you play in 1st person it is actually the reverse most of the time if you hide behind cover.you actually loose ground and don't know where everyone is moving without stepping out and showing flesh.tall grass.battles are great in 1st person because people can actually stand up and hunt for people who are laying down trying to hide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mok    0
2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

I just don't think 1st person lends itself well to a tactical game like this. 

The 3pp makes this game anything but tactical lol, it all comes down to pathetic wall/tree hugging but if thats the gameplay you enjoy just stay on 3pp. Nobody is saying they should remove 3pp, they should simply add 1pp servers so people have a choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xTekx    145

Until this game gets first person only servers, third person is part of the game. It is what it is and complaining about how third person sucks is just pointless and unnecessary. This is the game right now, at this point in time. Either use it or don't... but don't say there is no skill in this game because you use it, or that there are no tactics involved because it's third person. Last I checked I have to survive. And to survive in this game right now, with third person, I do certain things. When first person comes along and I play that I will do certain things in that game that allow me to survive.

Bottom line, play the game and stop whining about why you think 3rd person is cheap/tactic-less. It's just stupid.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phroste    78
46 minutes ago, xTekx said:

Until this game gets first person only servers, third person is part of the game. It is what it is and complaining about how third person sucks is just pointless and unnecessary. This is the game right now, at this point in time. Either use it or don't... but don't say there is no skill in this game because you use it, or that there are no tactics involved because it's third person. Last I checked I have to survive. And to survive in this game right now, with third person, I do certain things. When first person comes along and I play that I will do certain things in that game that allow me to survive.

Bottom line, play the game and stop whining about why you think 3rd person is cheap/tactic-less. It's just stupid.

to be fair, "complaining" is still considered legitimate feedback...enough people start "whining" about it and possibly the first person game mode would get moved higher up the priority list..it's sort of the way things work. If half the playerbase was all like "OMG we need First person only servers now!" every day guess what would happen...Yes, it's just a few people now...but that's how things get started. So instead

The easier thing would be for you to:

  1. Not bother opening the thread since it distresses you so much or 
  2. Open the thread, see that it is about something you do not care and move on...happiness for everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OzRecon    78

Seriously get over it guys. I love 1pp as well but this is the game. Every few days we have the same rant. No one has any more advantage then any other player. We can all use 3pp the same way.

1pp only servers will be coming but 3pp is obviously working well. Over 250k concurrent players today. You can't argue with success.

Patience .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sepp    7

Can't wait for 1st Person either. The only sad truth I see is that 3PP has been around so long now that it's always going to be considered the sole way to play the game some people just can't do well outside of camping and abusing a 3rd person camera. Not that there's really anything wrong with this but if you're coming to this from first person shooters it can be quite frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mok    0
25 minutes ago, OzRecon said:

Seriously get over it guys. I love 1pp as well but this is the game. Every few days we have the same rant. No one has any more advantage then any other player. We can all use 3pp the same way.

1pp only servers will be coming but 3pp is obviously working well. Over 250k concurrent players today. You can't argue with success.

Patience .

 

Who the f are you to tell people to get over it lol. Dont like rants dont read them you mappet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate third person, and ranting about it is contributing to what the devs need to do, they need to add first person ASAP, it shouldn't be very difficult.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ragotag    72

What really cracks me up is that the players who refuse to acknowledge the obvious and unrealistic crutch that 3PP offers are often the same players complaining about campers and the game being too campy.  Guess what, 3PP encourages camping.  Unlike 1PP, which requires campers to at least expose themselves in order to see what they are camping, 3PP let's them safely camp without exposing themselves at all.  Can't wait for hardcore servers to arrive, the gameplay will be so much more challenging + adrenaline pumping (= more fun) IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xTekx    145
9 minutes ago, Ragotag said:

who refuse to acknowledge the obvious and unrealistic crutch that 3PP offers

Who's refusing to acknowledge what 3rd person is? Everyone knows that it's not "realistic" viewing and learns to play accordingly. If you don't like 3rd person viewing then don't use it. But don't complain about people who do use it because this is what the game is at this point in time. Deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ragotag    72
1 minute ago, xTekx said:

Who's refusing to acknowledge what 3rd person is? Everyone knows that it's not "realistic" viewing and learns to play accordingly. If you don't like 3rd person viewing then don't use it. But don't complain about people who do use it because this is what the game is at this point in time. Deal with it.

Ohhh... just a might *sensitive* on this topic, eh?  Sounds like you are one of "those" people.  Oh, and the stating of facts is not the same as making a complaint.  However, complaining about the statement of facts is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yochevy    21
Posted (edited)

I dont even know why u getting upset about it. U are staring out of a window for more then 10 seconds u are Aim locking a corner it dosent make any sense.

Iam have a lot of exp at right now playing for the top 50 rank na Squads, what u are doing there is just not good. I explain why.

 

Yourself giving him the Chance to onte tap or spray u down because YOU are not moving, there is NEVER a point in this game where you should not move, allways move, dont let client stand still for more then 5 seconds keep that in mind and you will perform a lot better.

 

Using 3rd person is a absolut need, there is custom games where u can play only first person, but blaming 3rd person for a failure u did yourself is not an Option.

Good Luck!

PS. You Hit the Bar of the window thats why u dident land even one shot :)

Edited by yochevy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
radjenovic    118
49 minutes ago, iamelmo1 said:

Sorry I voted for trump so I don't have cuck disease and actually speak my mind and not sit here pretending to be kind and jolly like the majority of these fakes.

I thought Americans had to be over 18 to vote? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stress    102
On 25/6/2017 at 0:29 AM, NoonTimeDrunk said:

This is the sample of what you must deal with every single corner or object. Someone being able to maneuver their camera to spot you. Even tho I won the fight being positioned and not moving, with the amount of lagg or desync some people do get away by peaking and pre firing or not even looking down their sights but to hip fire or hold 3rdperson shoot after peaking, or they will bypass the corner part and try to bypass and shoot after. The information was his to process and he chose to go head up.

this is why I am strongly going to play First Person because you cannot get that kind of intel until you fully poke and and spot me. you can hear me but never ever will you spot me behind cover like this guy did.

Look mom i posted it again! - the post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhRaZz    53

My God...

First person servers are coming. Until then, you CAN stop playing if you don't like third person view. What are you trying to achieve with this thread? Nothing, other than to blow off some steam and whine. You start the game KNOWING what third person view will bring. It's like making a thread in the Diablo 3 forums that you hate the isometric view. Get a grip. I would've understood your "whining" if first person servers wasn't on their radar, but it is. Until then, you can either play what we've got available, or you can wait.

The egoistic thing about whining, is that NO ONE wants to hear it or read it, and it's as productive as a car crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually much prefer the 3rd person view. Nothing against 1st person if people want to do that or have 1st person only servers.

I find 3rd person means I have to really think more about my movement, elevation, corners. Someone might be ready to own me. On the flipside I can do the same myself some other time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ssj2rich    3
5 hours ago, SirTrollington said:

I actually much prefer the 3rd person view. Nothing against 1st person if people want to do that or have 1st person only servers.

I find 3rd person means I have to really think more about my movement, elevation, corners. Someone might be ready to own me. On the flipside I can do the same myself some other time.

i totally agree with that,

i too think 3rd person adds an element to the game that wouldn't exist in 1st person,

as an ex-pro cs player and an casual csgo player, i love first person and when it comes to pubg that would be my play style of choice,

but i do think 3rd person gives (even tho ppl dont seem to agree with it) a tactical element to the game,

not just from the perspective of it forcing you to think about what if there is a person behind that tree already looking at me,

but also by allowing you to see the battlefield at hand (by peaking over a hill without being seen) and deciding on your next curse of action,

i think it adds an element of 'commander' and not just grunt soldier ,

where a soldier can only see 1st person and act on what he see, and has to physically risk himself to clear a dark corner,

a commander see a bigger picture and can make choices and action in response before he risk himself,

of course it also create unavoidable deaths that your skill even as a top top player cant compensate for,

but those account for much less of my deaths then anything else 

anyway, just thought i'll drop my 10 cents on the topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×