infolock

Suggestion for Campers

infolock    1
Posted (edited)

One of the things that really, really has started to suck is the amount of camping and people just camping in a house (or waiting in a house) until a player comes by to kill them.

Don't get me wrong - I've done it myself from time to time...  

Anyways, a suggestion to prevent this sort of thing would be to penalize the player's rank points they obtain when they do this sort of thing.   The reason players do this is because they know they can:

1. wait out the circle
  2. wait out players who may be hurt
  3. wait out players who have looted and killed most of the other players
  4. obtain a higher rank by camping

So, if there would be like a 500 point rank/rating point deficit for every 3-4 minutes the player sits in the location (say if they stay within 0.25km, or if they just stay _idle_ for 3-4 minutes), I think that would change these guy's minds about doing this.

Edited by infolock

jurajemajl    87

This would do nothing for people who suck at this game already...  like me.

I wouldnt care for some point deficit it means i might inch my k/d closer to 1.0 :)

Nomad    689
Posted (edited)

I don't think using a strat that can help a player win the match should be penalized. Regardless of it's camping, driving, jumping, etc... It's Battle Royale, winner goes to the last person/team standing. Whatever they do to get there is allowed, adapt and overcome. 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 7

infolock    1
Posted (edited)

Nomad, not saying that it isn't a necessary thing sometimes.   But I do believe that saying that what these guys are doing is a "strat" is kind of a stretch ;)

Edited by infolock

infolock    1

Well, I've had time to think about this.   Nomad, I think you're right.

Maybe even a better way to say it though is: so what.   let them play the game the way they want to.

but i will stand by saying that sitting in a room and not moving from the time you enter that room after you land on the ground for the first time is a strategy ;)

as much as it sucks to die from one of these guys, I must still agree with the point you're trying to make.   penalizing those players would essentially be trying to tell them how to play the game - which would take away one of the best parts of this game; in that it has no 1 right way to play the game.  

if i could delete this thread i would ;)  

• Like 1

Nomad    689
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, infolock said:

Well, I've had time to think about this.   Nomad, I think you're right.

Maybe even a better way to say it though is: so what.   let them play the game the way they want to.

but i will stand by saying that sitting in a room and not moving from the time you enter that room after you land on the ground for the first time is a strategy ;)

as much as it sucks to die from one of these guys, I must still agree with the point you're trying to make.   penalizing those players would essentially be trying to tell them how to play the game - which would take away one of the best parts of this game; in that it has no 1 right way to play the game.  

if i could delete this thread i would ;)  

I see where you came from, don't get me wrong there.

I was just thinking to myself the amount of times where I have landed somewhere, kill two of three people, and I am smack dab in the center of the circle (getting luckier when it stays on you for the entire match, rare but it happens) and I am also well looted up so looking for more loot is just redundant for myself and my team if I am not running solos. Why should I be penalized for that right? Not my fault I got the RNG jesus that round lol, but I'll still storm people in my area and rack up my usual 5 to 8 kills a match.  

Thou I will be lying if sometimes when I am busy (aka) texting people for the days plans I sometimes get a bit campy ;) 

But I will also say that there has been times I have been so screwed by the circle that I am driving for road kills with 30 remaining because I got a terrible drop and I have maybe a shotgun with 10 rounds or the holy lord and savoir that is the frying pan lol, and of course all the different scenario in between matches, hence I said adapt and overcome, if you can't adjust your strat and skills on the fly then you won't get that chicken dinner ^_^ 

Edited by Nomad

infolock    1

yea but the thing you are talking about is an actual strategy which a lot of players use.

The camping I'm talking about - is the following:
* Jump from the airplane

* Go into a building

* Grab a weapon

* Go into a room, close the door, and sit

* Wait ...

* Wait...

* 10 minutes later - wait....

* Ah, a guy

* Boom boom

ApexAZ    18
On 6/24/2017 at 4:54 PM, infolock said:

One of the things that really, really has started to suck is the amount of camping and people just camping in a house (or waiting in a house) until a player comes by to kill them.

Don't get me wrong - I've done it myself from time to time...  

Anyways, a suggestion to prevent this sort of thing would be to penalize the player's rank points they obtain when they do this sort of thing.   The reason players do this is because they know they can:

1. wait out the circle
  2. wait out players who may be hurt
  3. wait out players who have looted and killed most of the other players
  4. obtain a higher rank by camping

So, if there would be like a 500 point rank/rating point deficit for every 3-4 minutes the player sits in the location (say if they stay within 0.25km, or if they just stay _idle_ for 3-4 minutes), I think that would change these guy's minds about doing this.

No dude.  Camping is a valid tactic.  You can't camp forever anyway.

• Like 2

infolock    1

lol, saying camping is a valid tactic is like saying letting someone punch you in the face over and over until they get tired is an effective defensive strategy.

ApexAZ    18
Just now, infolock said:

lol, saying camping is a valid tactic is like saying letting someone punch you in the face over and over until they get tired is an effective defensive strategy.

You got yourself dead, didn't you?  Play smarter.

• Like 2

infolock    1

I think you're just trolling Apex, cuz I've already said that is what's needed.   either way, troll on 9_9

ApexAZ    18
1 minute ago, infolock said:

I think you're just trolling Apex, cuz I've already said that is what's needed.   either way, troll on 9_9

I'm not trolling you man.  I get that it's annoying, but it's been happening since Duke Nukem.  People will camp.  Someone popped you in a house and stole your lewts.  It's a smart tactic.  They made you do all the work and took your stuff because you got complacent!  Not trolling, just saying..

• Like 2

brutester    0

A a noobster in the game and a casual player in general I can say that when I started camping was more intense and fun for me than "run run run - being spotted by a man behind a tree (using 3rd person perspective) - being killed with a headshot over 500 m away". And this is all the late game you have today.

I know it is frustrating especially when you are on the receiving end - but hey - people also camp in late game with a silenced sniper on high ground - it is the same thing - you want to keep a place where you have the advantage over the opponent given your situation.

P.S. I probably annoyed one person on my second game ever - I stayed 10 minutes in a bathroom with a loaded shotgun. I then headshot a fully equipped guy in the head when he opened the door. That is why I move away after opening a door today ;) 

Jbwrecked    149
9 hours ago, infolock said:

9 hours ago, ApexAZ said:

I'm not trolling you man.  I get that it's annoying, but it's been happening since Duke Nukem.  People will camp.  Someone popped you in a house and stole your lewts.  It's a smart tactic.  They made you do all the work and took your stuff because you got complacent!  Not trolling, just saying..

This lol. The amount of times I plan this is beautiful. Now if it gets executed properly is a different story. But having others loot for you is a tactic I've gotten used to in the past ;) 

Ghorman    45

Nothing like someone looting all the Estate building for you :D.  Thanks for the loot sucker!!!

xTekx    145
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TuNNeLViSIoN5150 said:

If you cant slow down enough to LOOK for a camper then you get penalized by getting killed.

Exactly. Unless I know 100% for sure no one is in the building then I always try to clear the building first. And the only time I really know 100% no one is in the building is at the beginning when I land. The rest of the time I open and enter expecting someone to be there. The times i've gotten lazy doing that I've taken a shotgun to the face. Pisses me off that I got killed by being stupid, not that I got killed by someone camping (a tactic that is not cheap for you whiners). 

Edited by xTekx

Roble    19
On 6/26/2017 at 3:35 AM, infolock said:

yea but the thing you are talking about is an actual strategy which a lot of players use.

* Jump from the airplane

* Go into a building

* Grab a weapon

* Wait ...

* Wait...

* Ah, a guy

* Boom boom

Legit tactic, boring and not the way I usually play, but still perfectly acceptable. Plus kinda clever, as you essentially get the other player to do all your looting for you. 

There is always a way to overcome any strategy in this game anyway. Use third person and check the room before entering would be a good one for this example. 

• Like 1

VCTRious    3
Posted (edited)
On 26.6.2017 at 4:35 AM, infolock said:

* Jump from the airplane

* Go into a building

* Grab a weapon

* Wait ...

* Wait...

* Ah, a guy

* Boom boom

Well... there are a lot variables to it...

Let's say he jumps a town in the middle of the map like Pochinki (because the possibility he has to move because of the Zone is lesser in the beginning and he can camp longer) and he sits there and waits. Maybe he gets 1-2 Kills, but usually these big citys are hot spots. So there will be more people, and there will be people hearing the fight and there will be people aggresive enough to start hunting and looking for him. But i'd say, if this tactics makes you survive against 5-10 people in the same Region... why not?

Possibility two: If he jumps somewhere not so highly populated with peeps. Well, then he really has to wait 10-20 Minutes to MAYBE get one Kill out of it. IF someone even comes by. If this location is somewhere far of the circle he has to move anyways.

Maybe he Jumps and loots and starts camping when he knows where the circle is closing. That is a valid tactic. Nobody likes to get shot in the back.

So what i try to say... Yeah there will be campers. But I think most of them "camp" because they spotted you running towards him and waits for you to run by to get a clean shot on you.

If someone feels the urge to camp all the game. He will have to move at some point. So this won't bring much fun for him i guess.

If someone camps to get on tactical high-ground. Why not.

And IF (big IF) someone manages to land and camp the whole game in one building and he is sitting where the last zone is going to be... well, he kind of deserved the win :P

greets

Edited by VCTRious

LoootoooF1    6
Posted (edited)

No way a guy camping in a room will kill his average 1 adversary per round (excepted if among the last 10/15, because the white circle pushes). The more probable ? He will wait there till the blue circle comes to him, then he'll move and get shot (or not). You may camp 5 games in a row, you will maybe hear 4 or 5 guys running very close around, 20 vehicules passing by the street, and MAY BE one unlucky player will open your camping door. And it's even not sure looting him will worth it.

So that's not camping, that's enjoying others dying far away from you, enjoying hearing epic battles on the other side of the map, while drinking a cup of beverage IRL ;)

Edited by LoootoooF1
  • Like 1

Spen    118

If someone can just take the first weapon he finds (most likely a pistol) and camps for 10 min. without armor etc., he stays in the circle and can kill the first (until then fully equipped player) than he probably is a skilled player and has earned any following chicken dinner.

I don't think that any tactic or strategy should be preferred in any way. Just because it's not your play style doesn't mean it's not valid.

On the other side you already get punished for such a tactic if you think you points. Sitting in a house and camping doesn't give you any damage or kill points and just increases the risk of getting killed from a fully equipped player after a longer waste of time.

Madzai    29

Want players to stop camping? Fix the servers. Tried to play aggressively - killed one, killed second, wounded a third a couple of shots, cornered him and start another shootout... only to see my health dropped from 100 to 0 in one tick (level 3 helmet included, no headshot). Ambushed a guy with UZI, managed to put him down and as soon as his body hit the floor, i lose the half of my health. Shoot one with pump-action shotty, shoot the second. The third shoot just disappeared, and i died a good second later after HIS shotty blast.  

Everyone have the stories like this. Together with very low recoil and spread on most weapons, that allow players with good aim and reflexes simply outgun everyone else, it force people to camp as it's the only solid ways to get kills\survive till the end of round.