Nomad

Sunset is a fantastic weather addition

Nomad    689

So I've been playing the test server for a few hours now, have cycled through all the 4 current weather effects in the game now. Have to say to the sunset is currently the best of them all, the way the shadows have changed with the ground, the surrounding buildings and inside them as well, completely different feel to the game and I love it. Plus it's just damn beautiful to look at ^_^

My hat tips to you PU and Bluehole, you guys have outdone yourself on this in my opinion. Of course I will also say that the rest of this update is fantastic as well, can't wait for it to role out officially on Thursday! 

Anyone else have the pleasure of playing during the sunset yet? Thoughts? :) 

PUBG2.png

PUBG3.png

• Like 14

Greaves    52

Looking good, one of the things i'm most looking forward to experiencing when the patch goes live tomallow. As if all this violence and slaughter wasn't romantic enough without atmospheric lighting!

• Like 1

Nomad    689
Just now, Greaves said:

Looking good, one of the things i'm most looking forward to experiencing when the patch goes live tomallow. As if all this violence and slaughter wasn't romantic enough without atmospheric lighting!

Right? I almost crashed a UAZ twice because I was like "oooohhh my gaawwwd so pre-OH SHIT!" (proceeds to swerve) lol 

Nomad    689
Just now, Clickster said:

Looking good. I'll have to jump in the Test this evening.

Let me know when you jump on, we need to hunt for that groza :x

• Like 1

Greaves    52
Posted (edited)

How is it in terms of brightness? It doesn't look very bright right now so probably won't affect positioning much. (A bright low sun in the West would give people coming from the East a disadvantage)

Edited by Greaves

Hit_Marka    96

Yes, the old 'Hun in the Sun' tactic used by pilots in   WW! will come into play now.  Heading towards enemies with the sun at your back is a HUGE advantage.   Going to look sweet on my monitor thats for sure.

• Like 1

Nomad    689
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Greaves said:

How is it in terms of brightness? It doesn't look very bright right now so probably won't affect positioning much. (A bright low sun in the West would give people coming from the East a disadvantage)

I noticed that in large areas not much has changed, but around the edges of hills, in the large towns, or facing east the lighting is quite a bit different, will it be a major change to play styles? Probably not, but it'll be a small adjustment, the few rounds I played, a few people where exposed on ridge lines more easily facing west to east, or for another example I was coming around a building on the east side and someone in the shadows of the building was a bit harder to spot and their movement was not as easily spotted.

Overall the experience in the matches was def an enjoyable one and it is something I look forward to experimenting with as I get to play more on. Since all three circles tended to be more field focused rather than in the hills and towns so I haven't experienced to much of that yet but what I have was different and change of tactics if only just by a little bit. 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Cuti8tushu    67

Neat

Whats it look like with LOW shadows, the setting that the majority will actually play with lol

Nomad    689

@Greaves Here you go mate, I did another quick match, now I will state that in terms of brightness and whatnot, I run an IPS panel as my main gaming panel, but when I switched to one of my PLS panels the lighting and everything looks completely different. So depending on the monitor, it's color reproduction, people in game brightness settings it will look a bit different, But here, hope this gives you a bit better explanation :) 

Settings where all Ultra, Brightness at 40. 

PUBG10.png

PUBG11.png

PUBG12.png

• Like 5

Greaves    52

@Nomad Thanks for the pics, looks really good and clarifies some of the differences when looking in different directions.

Nomad    689
Just now, Greaves said:

@Nomad Thanks for the pics, looks really good and clarifies some of the differences when looking in different directions.

No problem mate! It took me 9 tries to get the sunset again lol. Luckily I don't care about my test server stats haha! ^_^

Aldawgs    130

Looks really nice, I can't wait for the update to be released on the Main Servers.

NarvikHDS    1

Nice picks man, can't wait for it to go live. About weathers weren't they adding a fog one? Or that's coming up later?

Nomad    689
9 minutes ago, NarvikHDS said:

Nice picks man, can't wait for it to go live. About weathers weren't they adding a fog one? Or that's coming up later?

Haven't heard about it being cancelled so I assume they are still just working on it :) 

Nomad    689
Just now, NarvikHDS said:

I thought it was coming this patch, I was so hyped :/
Thank you!

No problem :) 

15 minutes ago, Aldawgs said:

Looks really nice, I can't wait for the update to be released on the Main Servers.

Me neither! Gonna be my fav weather type for sure lol. 

NarvikHDS    1
Posted (edited)

Nomad, since you played in the test server...did you try driving over a shed with a vehicle now that they can be destroyed? That would be so fun!

Edited by NarvikHDS

Nomad    689
1 hour ago, NarvikHDS said:

Nomad, since you played in the test server...did you try driving over a shed with a vehicle now that they can be destroyed? That would be so fun!

No I have not had the chance yet lol 

NarvikHDS    1

First game after the patch I'll get a UAZ and point straight to a shed, I just want to try that no matter what

Posted (edited)

the shadows are way off, if the sun is that low that shadow would be much taller...

In fact i wonder if the shadows are the same as the original weather we have, and they just changed the skybox and intensity/color of the light a bit

Edited by TheCaveOfWonders