coffeman

lack of cover endgame

coffeman    7

I think the lack of cover end game is a serious disadvantage especially when all it comes down to is LUCK.  if you have a nice rock or tree and the circle favours you hen happy days you win as all the unlucky people have to run over that open field to be shot from all angles.  what I am saying is we need more rocks bushes and trees.

Greaves    50

Filling the whole goddamn playing field with rocks and trees is not going to be a thing. However they could make the end circle less random. If they mark a whole bunch of key locations on the map where the circle could end up, they could add a bunch of cover to those locations (unless it already has a bunch, like the cities).

• Like 2

radjenovic    107

Depends, I had a match where the very last circle covered 5-6 small buildings in Yasna Polyana (or however its fecking spelled) 4 people still alive, we stood there for a good few minutes no one moving till I decided to an hero and got killed.

The last few circles do tend to end up in wide open spaces, but it is luck in some instances but also placement, and knowning the map if you can see roughly where the circle is going and decide the best place to preempt its move. 

Clickster    113

Eh, sometimes the end circle goes in your favor and sometimes it doesn't. Overcoming is part of the game and the challenge.

• Like 6

Madzai    26
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Clickster said:

Eh, sometimes the end circle goes in your favor and sometimes it doesn't. Overcoming is part of the game and the challenge.

Well, overcoming is the part of the game. But sometimes it makes way too much difference. It's OK, to draw short end of stick early game. Or initial circle placement can screw you a lot (something like focusing on Sosnovka, while fly-path was on Georgopol-Yasnaya line) - it's not only you. But if endgame force player one to stay (randomly!) in comport, and force other player to run in open field, even without an ability to move close to the circle border due to lack of time - he's screwed. 

If a player appears at the endagame unprepared - it's either his own fault or series of unfortunate events. If late game circle force you into open field - it's a single event that cross out all you previous efforts and leave you at mercy of your opponents stupidity\bad aim.

And it's not only about "git gut" (even if it helps to extent). I watch a lot of streamers\youtubers. And they also got screwed on daily basis by that things (but most prefer to cut it from their videos, so streams are better). 

Edited by Madzai
  • Like 3

Woras    4

Nobody complains when circles shrinks on them. Only when its outside of them.
As in every game, every time.

• Like 1

Stress    101

Circle placement is a huge factor when it comes to who wins the game. Getting a "good" circle is crucial and can let you win even in 1 vs 4 situations, and vice versa. However, have fixed endgame locations would lead to people camping them already from the early game, allowing them to get tons of kills with little efford, the only way this could work out well is if theres literally hundreds of fixed locations scattered all over the ma, with equal amounts of cover on both sides. 90% of the games i lose late, i lose because i have to run across an open field towards a team of people who sit in cover already knowing where to find me and my team, the remaining 10% is lost due to stupidity, bad aim, or both. The ones i win almost always have the tables turned.

• Like 5

RIF    16
Posted (edited)

Agreed. It's one of the reasons I did not want the shacks to become destructible. There are games where you are well looted (scopes, ammo, meds, etc) and can be more aggressive while other runs you are less fortunate and need the cover.  Based on what I saw thus far, it looks like they took the right approach making the shacks concrete. Forcing everyone out into the open makes for a single style of game play where snipers and long range scopes give advantages beyond what they currently provide.

You cannot make the circles LESS random as it will cause problems with the end-game.

Edited by RIF

DemonFox    76

I believe that if the vegetation were dedicated to another server, this "problem" would decrease, so the red areas would be fully rendered and some player lying there would be "protected".

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg.5fe6707384830391722710e7c37b5459.jpg

• Like 3

Clickster    113
37 minutes ago, DemonFox said:

I believe that if the vegetation were dedicated to another server, this "problem" would decrease, so the red areas would be fully rendered and some player lying there would be "protected".

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg.5fe6707384830391722710e7c37b5459.jpg

I agree with this 100%.

• Like 1

OldManBoom    34

A lot of the end game and what cover you can take from your angle does come down to luck, but then so does a lot of the game. It's part of the joy I think. Sometimes I've had to run out in the open for ages towards the end to find cover and have not been spotted by pure fluke because everyone was distracted by other fights. Hope for the best and plan for the worst!

Clickster    113
2 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

A lot of the end game and what cover you can take from your angle does come down to luck, but then so does a lot of the game. It's part of the joy I think. Sometimes I've had to run out in the open for ages towards the end to find cover and have not been spotted by pure fluke because everyone was distracted by other fights. Hope for the best and plan for the worst!

Right - you just got to try and plan from which direction you are going to enter that end-game circle. If there is more cover on one side - try to plan for that side. If others are there; kill your way into position. That's what is great about tactical shooters. Sure you still need to plan and be smart; but at the end of the day you still need to execute and kill your way to victory. I love it.

• Like 1

Madzai    26
3 minutes ago, Clickster said:

Right - you just got to try and plan from which direction you are going to enter that end-game circle. If there is more cover on one side - try to plan for that side. If others are there; kill your way into position. That's what is great about tactical shooters. Sure you still need to plan and be smart; but at the end of the day you still need to execute and kill your way to victory. I love it.

What you consider "the end-game circle"? Because even 4th circle can screw you so much that all previous attempt at being tactical will be nill. As attempt to always stick to the center of circle beforehand (not to mention that the center of current circle can be in very bad place).

The best current tactic is to just drive a car to the edge of next circle (after you done with looting), to the place you see most currently suitable from tactical PoV. Repeat until circle is too small, or going by car is too dangerous.

Clickster    113
Just now, Madzai said:

What you consider "the end-game circle"? Because even 4th circle can screw you so much that all previous attempt at being tactical will be nill. As attempt to always stick to the center of circle beforehand (not to mention that the center of current circle can be in very bad place).

The best current tactic is to just drive a car to the edge of next circle (after you done with looting), to the place you see most currently suitable from tactical PoV. Repeat until circle is too small, or going by car is too dangerous.

That may be the best current tactic FOR YOU.

For me - every round has it's own "current tactic" depending on the situation. Each circle shrink usually changes the tactic too.

• Like 2

xTekx    119
5 hours ago, Greaves said:

Filling the whole goddamn playing field with rocks and trees is not going to be a thing. However they could make the end circle less random. If they mark a whole bunch of key locations on the map where the circle could end up, they could add a bunch of cover to those locations (unless it already has a bunch, like the cities).

Then people would figure out what those locations are and start setting up on them before end circle hits. You get X-amount of locations based on given starting circle and teams will gravitate that way. Then as the circle starts to get smaller they get a better idea of which spot is going to be end circle. They get there, fight it out if necessary, and setup shop.

xTekx    119
4 minutes ago, Madzai said:

I don't know how many teams/squads we've wiped out that drove up to the compound we were already at.

AngryBeaver    23

The Final few Circles are there to bring the game to a quick conclusion. So most of the time this turns into a brawl in the open. I see no reason with this as it rewards skill for the last few minutes instead of hiding and waiting. If this wasn't the case then match times would go up or games would just end from the no more circle deaths.

The new way to win would be make it to final circle.. pop all the heal over time stuff you can and hope you out survive the others when the circle vanishes.

• Like 1

mart1n1    45
Posted (edited)

i don't think it's 100% luck, but it's a good part of it, yes.

anyway, when there's 20 left, you should start adjusting your position on the map to find some cover for the end of the match.

you should start thinking about your end game strategy a bit earlier than when the last circles pop up.

try to find a ridge, a set of trees or even check how's the elevation of the area and try to position to have an advantage.

Edited by mart1n1

Sunsetter    35

I've had my wins, but I gotta say cover isn't enough. I've had the advantage of cover in the final moments and still been gunned down by someone who got to the end simply because they were better. Cover just makes it so you can take time to heal, or switch weapons. It all boils down to skill, especially now since the update fixed so many preexisting issues. 

AngryBeaver    23
Posted (edited)

This might be slightly off topic, but I wish they would reduce the ingame ammo amounts by about 70%. Make it so people had to really conserve their ammo and make sure every shot counts. Also makes killing a player to take their ammo more meaningful. This would really shake up the end game as people are having to make sure they are conserving ammo while also making sure they kill enough to secure more ammo towards the end.

Seeing a few players left to the end and all shooting at each other till out of ammo and then having to punch it out for the win could be pretty hilarious too.

Edited by AngryBeaver
grammar fails

zPacKRat    4

could you imagine the camping without the aggressive shrink later in the game. I've yet to eat a chicken dinner, and I'm OK with that. just need to join the PUB-G Crawl later in the game to stay hidden!

xon    29

Smoke grenades are your friend. Start picking them up and use them for covering your sprints to safety. Prior praying/goat sacrifice non-optional to lower chance of smoke blowing a different way than on your screen/smoke not displayed at all on your opponents' screen.

• Like 1

Greaves    50
14 hours ago, xTekx said:

Then people would figure out what those locations are and start setting up on them before end circle hits. You get X-amount of locations based on given starting circle and teams will gravitate that way. Then as the circle starts to get smaller they get a better idea of which spot is going to be end circle. They get there, fight it out if necessary, and setup shop.

Exactly, it adds a layer of strategy to the game. There would have to be enough locations for it to be hard to guess which one it will be in the end, but if you want to get there early, be my guest. It's not like people don't already drive to the middle of the circle now and set up shop in a house.

• Like 1