TwitchTv_Mellun12

5 Tips to Win More Games

Hey guys and gals, I know there are millions of these videos out already, but I have been asked a bunch of times on my other videos to make a tips and tricks video, so here it is! This is by no means a strict guide that should be followed to the tee, but these are just the 5 things I learned and followed to get countless chicken dinners.  Hopefully this helps some of you too in terms of tactics and strategy. If you guys have any specific tactics and strategy questions, I would love to help out!

• Like 7

Would you be willing to do specific strategy videos rather than 5 cool yips to do better at PUBG? The kind of video you posted is common, but you don't see many videos (if any) giving step by step instructions on how to excel at different parts of the game. For example, show yourself clearing out a house against a good player (not just one who is an idiot), explain what to do in an end game scenario given different types of terrain, or talk about when to stop looting and start fighting, even if the circle is in your favor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BabyWalrus said:

wow these actually helped me a lot thanks

Hey I'm glad I can help! I will be posting guides along with gameplays, where I will break down early, mid, and late game.

4 hours ago, authenticsim said:

Would you be willing to do specific strategy videos rather than 5 cool yips to do better at PUBG? The kind of video you posted is common, but you don't see many videos (if any) giving step by step instructions on how to excel at different parts of the game. For example, show yourself clearing out a house against a good player (not just one who is an idiot), explain what to do in an end game scenario given different types of terrain, or talk about when to stop looting and start fighting, even if the circle is in your favor.

Yessir I plan on it! The next videos I have planned guide wise are early, mid, and late game tactics (3 separate videos).  After that, I want to break down how to fight in different areas.  I will be posting them to the content portion of the forums so make sure to stay tuned :) thanks for the feedback as well.

11 minutes ago, TwitchTv_Mellun12 said:

The next videos I have planned guide wise are early, mid, and late game tactics

Not trying to be a dick, but I'd be wary of your mid/late game tactics looking at your Top10 % rate and survival time. You seem to be an effective fragger but I'm getting the feeling you're dying a lot in the 20-40 people left range.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SirTrollington said:

Not trying to be a dick, but I'd be wary of your mid/late game tactics looking at your Top10 % rate and survival time. You seem to be an effective fragger but I'm getting the feeling you're dying a lot in the 20-40 people left range.

That's fine, I agree I need to work on my late game.  But I do also believe that I am better than the average player at the game. MY guides might not be the end all be all considering my win count is around 30, but I feel like I can still help people who are new to the game.  I enjoy creating content, and while I want most of my content to be my game play, I have been asked a lot to make some tips and tricks videos, so that is what I'll do, appreciate the feedback!  Also, a lot of the top players don't really spend their time making videos to help the masses get better at the game, so I feel like giving some specific tips about certain situations will be helpful to others, and that's all I care about.

Edited by TwitchTv_Mellun12

It's far better to try and make content than to not try at all. Some people may disagree with your tactics, but if you practice them in order to make your video you might find flaws with it anyway and make it better. I'm guessing some of these videos are actually best made in a squads or duos setting when you purposely land far away from everyone else and just simulate what is going on rather than just using whatever footage you happen to have. For late game, it might be harder to simulate, but it's possible.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 11:07 AM, authenticsim said:

It's far better to try and make content than to not try at all. Some people may disagree with your tactics, but if you practice them in order to make your video you might find flaws with it anyway and make it better. I'm guessing some of these videos are actually best made in a squads or duos setting when you purposely land far away from everyone else and just simulate what is going on rather than just using whatever footage you happen to have. For late game, it might be harder to simulate, but it's possible.

I do agree. Not all guide makers are the best PUBG players on the face of the planet, and I don't claim to be one of those people.  These are just my ways of getting wins that have worked for me.  The early game is by far the strongest part of my skill set, so I will be covering my thought process in depth and putting that video here to hopefully help you guys. :)

cejita    19

A lot of this game is luck but my best tips would be always keep moving but be smart never stop moving a lot of people are waiting for you to stop always run next to good cover if you get any information of your enemy go for them you have the advantage dont hide you will get sandwich if you dont fight and ALWAYS SHOOT FIRST 

Greaves    52

Can someone list the points? Can't watch the vid at work.

R3v    1

The best strategy for winning in current meta is to drop somewhere alone and loot in first two circles fully boosted. That's basically how everyone in top leaderboards is playing right now. I'm around top 100-200 position for solo in EU ladder and if you play for win you just can't drop on those highly populated areas. But it's fun. So I usually tryhard solo on one server and messing around in Sosnovka / School on the other.

I recommend you to watch streams of Bierbank / AintrealTV from the EU top leaderboards. They don't have that much viewership because they're not playing as much aggressive as Grimmz and these boys, but they're very good at the game and there's a reason they are on the absolute top.

Looting alone through first two circles increases your chances to win rapidly. Also, if you aim high on charts you can't afford to die above TOP10 more than 50% of time because your rank will decrease so much.

Not bad tips at all!  If you want to watch highly entertaining gameplay with superior gunskill, Ninja and Grimmz are out of this world good.

Stxtics    2

These tactics in this video seem pretty legit and I think they could definitely improve me as a player. Most games I've just been playing slow and I get very few kills and this video has encouraged me to try and get more.

xon    35
On 6.7.2017 at 11:10 AM, R3v said:

The best strategy for winning in current meta is to drop somewhere alone and loot in first two circles fully boosted. That's basically how everyone in top leaderboards is playing right now.

[...]

Looting alone through first two circles increases your chances to win rapidly. Also, if you aim high on charts you can't afford to die above TOP10 more than 50% of time because your rank will decrease so much.

I've been doing the greedy loot thing before, but it doesn't seem to work for me any more. Whenever I drop in rural areas (like the cluster of farm complexes near Gatka or Lipovka, or the southern coast in general, or the southern end of Military Island - i simply do not find enough heals and boosters to sustain me through those circles.

Had a look at Bierbank vids, as far as I can tell he farms other players for their boosters. Not sure if I would count that as "looting alone".

I have tried that too BTW. MFW everyone I killed for their boosters in dire need - didn't have any either ¬¬

On 7/6/2017 at 5:10 AM, R3v said:

The best strategy for winning in current meta is to drop somewhere alone and loot in first two circles fully boosted. That's basically how everyone in top leaderboards is playing right now. I'm around top 100-200 position for solo in EU ladder and if you play for win you just can't drop on those highly populated areas. But it's fun. So I usually tryhard solo on one server and messing around in Sosnovka / School on the other.

I recommend you to watch streams of Bierbank / AintrealTV from the EU top leaderboards. They don't have that much viewership because they're not playing as much aggressive as Grimmz and these boys, but they're very good at the game and there's a reason they are on the absolute top.

I have actually been trying this out more.  I used to be a big fan of getting a guaranteed car and going to a far off city to loot all by myself or with my partner, but when they took away guaranteed spawns I went away from that.  Just a couple days ago we started going fairly low pop and just looting through the circle and we have been winning a great deal.  I also do agree that the aggressive guys get more viewers.  I stream on YTG and while I am not popular by any means, I'll have around 20 people watching me sometimes in high kill games, and the second I compose myself or play tactically, people leave.  People like watching kills, not great tactical game play.

The highest rank I achieved thus far is around 1100 in solo NA, and I had two bad games and now I am down in the 3000's.  The leaderboards are definitely super punishing.  Thanks for all the recommendations though I will keep them in mind.

On 7/7/2017 at 1:57 PM, Stxtics said:

These tactics in this video seem pretty legit and I think they could definitely improve me as a player. Most games I've just been playing slow and I get very few kills and this video has encouraged me to try and get more.

I'm glad they helped.  The biggest thing I noticed about myself before I started playing more aggressively (aggressive, but smart aggressive :) ) is that whenever I got into gun fights I would always be out matched because I never put myself in those situations unless I had to be there. Landing in decently populated areas might not be the 100% most optimal way to win every game, but I guarantee that if you land early game with other people, and force fights at all stages in the game, you will become a better mechanical player.  Right now my mechanics are very strong due to how aggressive I played the game.  But now I am going to dial it back a bit and focus on my tactics, which needs some work.  But now I am super confident in my gun skills, and to be confident you need to put yourself in these situations often.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 1:36 PM, KratosRising said:

Not bad tips at all!  If you want to watch highly entertaining gameplay with superior gunskill, Ninja and Grimmz are out of this world good.

I'm subbed to ninja, I love Grimmz but I think Ninja has the best gun skills in the game with Grimmz being a close second.  But if I want to watch how to play the game "correctly" I will watch Viss because all that man does is win.

On 7/5/2017 at 8:51 AM, Greaves said:

Can someone list the points? Can't watch the vid at work.

-Tip #1:  Drop in populated areas with good loot!!  cannot begin to tell you how important this is.  If you are someone who lands in a random location on the map with next to no loot, and no players, you will never get better at the game.  That is just a fact.  You will not learn to how breach buildings, spot players, listen for movement, and most importantly, you will not learn how to shoot your guns and kill players.

Dropping in these high pop areas will get you doing all the things I just listed, thus giving you a higher chance to win each game.  Getting lucky and getting top 20 with a pump shotgun and a level 1 helmet will not help you improve at the game.  Now I am not saying drop military base with 50 other people, as this can be quite intimidating, and that's not an optimal way to win games.  By looking at the plane route, you can drop off to a place that has good loot and probably 5-10 people will land there with you.  If you make it out of these densely looted places, you will most likely be set for the rest of the game. MY favorite places to land are George crates, rhozok, and military base, but these are mostly personal preference.  Find a great looting spot that you know how to navigate very well and dominate your opponents.

-Tip #2: Learn how to loot quickly and effectively.  Being able to loot fast is something that many people look over when they are trying to improve at the game.  When landing in populated areas, it is very important to learn how to loot fast and effectively so that you can get guns and gear before the other players around you.  Sometimes you will lose the RNG battle and someone will find a scar in their first house while you are only wielding a pistol, but if you loot fast you can greatly reduce the amount that this unfortunate event occurs.  The best way to loot quickly is to use the method known as tab dragging.  This is when you are standing over the item you want, you can press tab and then drag it into your inventory.

The reason why this method is the best is because it does not cause your character to do the looting animation, which takes a long times.  You might not think that these few seconds are a big deal, but when landing in very loot heavy areas, every single second counts.  As you learn to loot faster, you will notice yourself getting many more early game kills, which leads to confidence and gear, which makes you a force to be reckoned with.

-Tip #3: Don’t take every fight you see.  So many times, when I am playing, I have an established circle position as it is closing into its location, and someone who is running behind me stops in their tracks to shoot me, while they are not in the safe zone.  I don’t know why people do this, but they do.  Your reaction is to take someone out as soon as you see them.  But, if you are the player who is running towards the safe zone and you see someone who might be established in the circle, do not shoot at them unless you are 10000% percent positive that you can kill them with ease.  

Shooting someone in a more advantageous spot than you will not only put you on the back foot in the firefight, but it will also cause a lot of attention, and this can lead to other people running to your location to stop you from getting into the safe zone.  Now you might be saying, “well what if the guy sees me, I can’t just not shoot at him!” Most players make some sort of non natural movement when they see an enemy player.  So if you are running into the safe zone and you see a player behind a tree do not shoot at him.  There’s a good chance that he does not see you if he doesn’t make a sudden movement.  If they immediately reposition to an advantageous spot in relation to you, there is a good chance that they know where you are.  Your best option here is to run in zig zags, and take pop shots at your them until you get safely into the zone.

-Tip #4: Learn how to use both the automatic and single fire modes on your guns.  You will find that most of the top players switch between firing modes, or they just stay full auto all the time because they can one tap effectively. I think that utilizing both the single fire mode and automatic mode in your AR’s helps a great deal.  Firing your gun in single fire mode at enemies that are really far from you makes it so that your aim is more steady, and your shots are much more accurate.  Now when you are in medium to close range firefights, utilizing the automatic mode on your AR is very advantageous.  

Someone with their gun in full auto that knows how to control the spray and recoil will almost always win a medium to close range fight against a player who is in single fire mode, unless they two tap you. Learning how to use both automatic and single shot modes will make you a more versatile player.

-Tip #5 (Very Broad topic, but I thought I would talk about it): Don’t be one dimensional player.  Sometimes I hear people say “well I am not good close range, or I am not good at long range.  I suck at fighting in the forest, I am bad at fighting in cities” Well, find out what you are bad at and practice it! Are you terrible in house fights? Then land pochinki and practice playing the houses and using them to your advantage.  Not a good long range player? Get yourself on a mountain or in a sniper tower and take medium to long range fights. You will never improve at those aspects of your game unless you force yourself into the situations that you are not good at.  

You might lose a lot and do poorly, but eventually you will improve and be a great all around player.  This is not the game to be a one dimensional player.  The circle ends in a random location every single game, and you cannot rely on it to end in a place where you thrive if you want to win a lot of games.  Addressing your weaknesses and practicing them will make you a great player, and a great teammate in the long run.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Guys, thank you for all of the comments, feedback, and constructive criticism.  I am going to be making a guide and releasing it soon.  I am going to go over what I think is the best way to get looted early game and how to set yourself up for success transitioning into the later stages of the game.  I appreciate everyone taking their time to watch my tips video, as well as comment and leave feedback! :D 

Edited by TwitchTv_Mellun12
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 3:17 AM, cejita said:

A lot of this game is luck but my best tips would be always keep moving but be smart never stop moving a lot of people are waiting for you to stop always run next to good cover if you get any information of your enemy go for them you have the advantage dont hide you will get sandwich if you dont fight and ALWAYS SHOOT FIRST 

I do agree that luck can win people a lot of games, but a lot of the very good players overcome garbage circles and bad positions that average players would just say "wellp the circle screwed me over, next game!" This is what separates the average players from good players.  Average players can win games with good circles, great players can win games with bad circles.  Sitting in one spot is never a great thing, I agree with you on that, but you also want to find the happy medium between running and gunning, and just sitting behind a tree.  There are ways to play tactically and aggressively. 

• Like 1

cejita    19
10 hours ago, TwitchTv_Mellun12 said:

I do agree that luck can win people a lot of games, but a lot of the very good players overcome garbage circles and bad positions that average players would just say "wellp the circle screwed me over, next game!" This is what separates the average players from good players.  Average players can win games with good circles, great players can win games with bad circles.  Sitting in one spot is never a great thing, I agree with you on that, but you also want to find the happy medium between running and gunning, and just sitting behind a tree.  There are ways to play tactically and aggressively. 

sorry i dont have the best grammar, thats why i said be smart like dont run like in cod, move from cover to cover fight for the best spot in the circle and i agree whit you best players in this game know how to fight and move thats why they win even whit bad circles they dont need to always have good circles 100% whit you 

4 hours ago, Xhopez said:

really helpful 

Thank you very much, glad to be able to give my take on things and help people out at the same time!

Upon request, I created a guide that dives deeper into the early game.  While the early game in is very important, in my opinion it shouldn't be the stage in the game where you get all of your kills. If you really want to win and leader board grind (I am currently rank 750 in NA solo), you should be focusing on the best way to get the best loot, and this usually happens by getting a car and driving to a distant high loot area.  If you do need to take some people out that land with you or drive to your location, do it, but do not prioritize killing people early game.  Hope you guys enjoy! :D