radjenovic    118

There is a closed thread and this is not about appealing a ban or challenging the guy who was banned, so please don't use it for that but rather for discussion. 

If a person makes the decision to stream a competitive game they are playing for profit (or followers/viewers which can lead to profit)  that is their decision, then that is on them, I personally don't think stream sniping should be against the rules,  I have never and would never do this as it seems like too much effort for a kill. 

I'm personally not a fan of live streamers and would prefer servers where streaming wasn't allowed, I have been killed on a stream and killed streamers before (well admittedly they have the name twicth tv or some variant so I am assuming in general,but have found a couple of instances where I was killed on stream)  why should my game play go to reward another person? I am not saying streaming should be banned, I am more than aware that it helps build a community, I just don't want to participate in streams. 

Hopefully when the game goes to full release and there are ranked games then streaming should be kept to the non-ranked games, if streaming is allowed on ranked servers then stream sniping should be allowed as the streamer has made the decision to broadcast their own game play showing their location. 

• Like 6

Stress    102
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, radjenovic said:

There is a closed thread and this is not about appealing a ban or challenging the guy who was banned, so please don't use it for that but rather for discussion. 

If a person makes the decision to stream a competitive game they are playing for profit (or followers/viewers which can lead to profit)  that is their decision, then that is on them, I personally don't think stream sniping should be against the rules,  I have never and would never do this as it seems like too much effort for a kill. 

I'm personally not a fan of live streamers and would prefer servers where streaming wasn't allowed, I have been killed on a stream and killed streamers before (well admittedly they have the name twicth tv or some variant so I am assuming in general,but have found a couple of instances where I was killed on stream)  why should my game play go to reward another person? I am not saying streaming should be banned, I am more than aware that it helps build a community, I just don't want to participate in streams. 

Hopefully when the game goes to full release and there are ranked games then streaming should be kept to the non-ranked games, if streaming is allowed on ranked servers then stream sniping should be allowed as the streamer has made the decision to broadcast their own game play showing their location. 

I agree, people decide to play a game real time in front of thousands of people, they could add a delay on the stream but choose not to because it reduces viewer interaction which reduces profit. Stream snipers are most likely one of the lowest forms of life, i dont care at all if they get banned, but a little transparency from the PUBG team about the circumstances of banning a player would be a good idea. Because seeing someone get banned because a partnered streamer called him a streamsniper makes me worry that i some day by some crazy accident kill a streamer and get banned for it. 

A clip from the streamers point of view showing that he died doesnt not neccessarily prove he was streamsniped

I believe transparency from the pubg team surrounding bans of streamsnipers is extremely important. Not neccessarily a full disclosure on each ban. But something.

Edited by Stress
  • Like 5

Taylornox    2
Posted (edited)

It's pretty simple actually, Streamers have done more for this game in terms of advertisement than bluehole has itself.

No streamers = less sales = less money.

Also you are never going to get banned because you killed a streamer once and they thought u were a stream sniper.

The stream snipers that are getting banned are the ones that show up in like 4-5 games a day and engage the streamer in almost every one, Do you know how nearly statistically impossible that is of ever happening to you with anything between 50-160k ish concurrent players online at once.

Edited by Taylornox
  • Like 1

Stress    102
5 minutes ago, Taylornox said:

It's pretty simple actually, Streamers have done more for this game in terms of advertisement than bluehole has itself.

No streamers = less sales = less money.

Also you are never going to get banned because you killed a streamer once and they thought u were a stream sniper.

The stream snipers that are getting banned are the ones that show up in like 4-5 games a day and engage the streamer in almost every one, Do you know how nearly statistically impossible that is of ever happening to you with anything between 50-160k ish concurrent players online at once.

What happens when the ELO system starts matching streamers at very high rating against other players at very high rating? They end up facing eachother in alot of their matches, you see they exact same thing happening in other games, for exampel Dota2, if you are playing dota 2 at a very high level you are almost always sure to play against someone you have played against before, because theres not an awful lot of players at THAT high rating. So the same person could easily be responsible for killing the same streamer 5 times a day if both of them play alot of matches at the same time of day, and eventually some poor guy playing this game at a very high rating is going to shoot a streamer 5 times a day, the streamer will cry snipe and the poor guy will get banned, there is currently no official explanation as to how they will avoid a scenario like this, and i personally think that it would be a disaster if someone who was literally just enjoying the game ended up permanently banned from the game because a partnered streamer died a bounch of times.

• Like 1

Taylornox    2
22 minutes ago, Stress said:

What happens when the ELO system starts matching streamers at very high rating against other players at very high rating? They end up facing eachother in alot of their matches, you see they exact same thing happening in other games, for exampel Dota2, if you are playing dota 2 at a very high level you are almost always sure to play against someone you have played against before, because theres not an awful lot of players at THAT high rating. So the same person could easily be responsible for killing the same streamer 5 times a day if both of them play alot of matches at the same time of day, and eventually some poor guy playing this game at a very high rating is going to shoot a streamer 5 times a day, the streamer will cry snipe and the poor guy will get banned, there is currently no official explanation as to how they will avoid a scenario like this, and i personally think that it would be a disaster if someone who was literally just enjoying the game ended up permanently banned from the game because a partnered streamer died a bounch of times.

Good thing they havent added in that ELO system without thinking it through eh?

Stress    102
23 minutes ago, Taylornox said:

Good thing they havent added in that ELO system without thinking it through eh?

They are currently planning on adding it though, and until they tell us otherwise they are likely going through with it. That is the reason we are having this thread in the first place, but thank you for your very interresting point of view you really helped clearing things up.

Goblin    0
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, radjenovic said:

I bet you don't walk around in Public with any clothes that advertise a specific Brand or Protest a certain topic , advertising for free ,,,,,, Nah , not you

Edited by Goblin

Cuti8tushu    67
Posted (edited)

What's stream sniping?

EDIT: From reading the other post, basically someone looking at the persons stream and using it to their advantage lol.  Guess someone got banned for that

Edited by Cuti8tushu

radjenovic    118
8 minutes ago, Goblin said:

I bet you don't walk around in Public with any clothes that advertise a specific Brand or Protest a certain topic , advertising for free ,,,,,, Nah , not you

How is that similar? if I do wear a branded t-shirt and someone takes a picture of me wearing it they would have to ask my permission to use the picture and I would say no, if they filmed me walking along wearing it they would require permission to use the footage. 

The point is streamers may be advertising the game, but they are also doing this for self interest reasons, I personally do not want to appear on any live streams others do, fair enough, the option though should be with the individual player not the streamer themselves who choose to broadcast their game play. 

• Like 2

Stress    102
31 minutes ago, Cuti8tushu said:

What's stream sniping?

EDIT: From reading the other post, basically someone looking at the persons stream and using it to their advantage lol.  Guess someone got banned for that

its people who target specific streamers and try to kill them for no aparent reason other than "lol i killed a streamer". Doesnt really grant them a general advantage in the current match they are in, and alot of them just leave the match when they or the streamer die to repeat the process off doing nothing constuctive at all ever

Taylornox    2
45 minutes ago, Stress said:

They are currently planning on adding it though, and until they tell us otherwise they are likely going through with it. That is the reason we are having this thread in the first place, but thank you for your very interresting point of view you really helped clearing things up.

Lol, you are clearly unaware of how they operate.

You think a streamer just sends them a clip and that's GG.

It's extremely easy to identify the behaviour of a stream sniper, this person joined x game, left after 2 mins, this person joined x game, killed person B and left.

It's so easy to track and so easy to act upon, at this point you are just being a salty cretin because some streamer killed you on stream at some point and peopled lol'd

• Like 1

Stress    102
1 minute ago, Taylornox said:

Lol, you are clearly unaware of how they operate.

You think a streamer just sends them a clip and that's GG.

It's extremely easy to identify the behaviour of a stream sniper, this person joined x game, left after 2 mins, this person joined x game, killed person B and left.

It's so easy to track and so easy to act upon, at this point you are just being a salty cretin because some streamer killed you on stream at some point and peopled lol'd

Like i leave squad games if my team dies within 2 minutes huh? Ofcourse i dont know how they operate, that, once again, why theres a thread asking them to clarify.

Taylornox    2
8 minutes ago, Stress said:

Like i leave squad games if my team dies within 2 minutes huh? Ofcourse i dont know how they operate, that, once again, why theres a thread asking them to clarify.

Again basing your entire argument off almost impossible circumstances that would happen to an innocent person.

Long story short chief, you are never going to get banned for stream sniping if you aren't.

Stress    102
1 minute ago, Taylornox said:

you are never going to get banned for stream sniping if you aren't.

That is very nice guesswork you have there, i would prefer some transparency from the people who are creating and enforcing the system they are going to use, because i find my concerns are valid, and im very sorry but im not going to take a stranger on the internets word for the truth, when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1

Cuti8tushu    67
2 hours ago, Stress said:

its people who target specific streamers and try to kill them for no aparent reason other than "lol i killed a streamer". Doesnt really grant them a general advantage in the current match they are in, and alot of them just leave the match when they or the streamer die to repeat the process off doing nothing constuctive at all ever

Aren't matches suppose to be randomized though? What are the odds? Considering there's 4 million copies sold.  

Stress    102
10 minutes ago, Cuti8tushu said:

Aren't matches suppose to be randomized though? What are the odds? Considering there's 4 million copies sold.  

If you are at the top % of people playing it they are pretty good, see my first post

Cuti8tushu    67
2 hours ago, Stress said:

If you are at the top % of people playing it they are pretty good, see my first post

Oh, I didn't know PUBG matches with like-skilled players?

Stress    102
Just now, Cuti8tushu said:

Oh, I didn't know PUBG matches with like-skilled players?

They are going to use the ELO system yes

6 hours ago, radjenovic said:

This is where I'm going to correct your logic. Just because they are playing the game and streaming to however many people, does NOT give you the right to harass that person. Because at that point you are not just playing a game, you are going out of your way to get into the same game with that person game after game and go out of your way on an 8x8km map to find him and ONLY kill him.

So yes, stream sniping will always be bannable with enough given evidence. Why? Because you are harassing that person. Plain and simple.

• Like 3

Fohox    13

Bluehole has to be careful here. I understand that streamers are a big part of Battlegrounds' success but you do not want to create an environmet where they are more important than the 'average' players. There are far more people just playing the game for fun. It's a bad look to favor the players who are playing to make money. It's a bad look to favor players Bluehole feels benefits them the most.

When the streamers move on to a new shiny game all that will be left is the main playerbase. Treat us fairly.

• Like 2

radjenovic    118
1 minute ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

This is where I'm going to correct your logic. Just because they are playing the game and streaming to however many people, does NOT give you the right to harass that person. Because at that point you are not just playing a game, you are going out of your way to get into the same game with that person and go out of your way on an 8x8km map to find him and ONLY kill him.

So yes, stream sniping will always be bannable with enough given evidence. Why? Because you are harassing that person. Plain and simple.

Thats a very fair point that I had not considered, and yes harassment should be bannable, but if you are putting yourself in a position of where you are broadcasting where you are on a game and allowing other people to watch where you are going you are running that risk.

On the flip side if a streamer has say 100 viewers and kills you and mocks you to their audience some people may take offence to that and then target the streamer and try get onto the next round to get revenge. That's not harassment, dick move yes, but I dont think banning in that instance would be fair. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, radjenovic said:

Thats a very fair point that I had not considered, and yes harassment should be bannable, but if you are putting yourself in a position of where you are broadcasting where you are on a game and allowing other people to watch where you are going you are running that risk.

On the flip side if a streamer has say 100 viewers and kills you and mocks you to their audience some people may take offence to that and then target the streamer and try get onto the next round to get revenge. That's not harassment, dick move yes, but I dont think banning in that instance would be fair. 

That is still stream sniping. Because, like I said, you are going out of your way to inconvenience that person. Just because they are in the limelight, doesn't give you the right to bend the rules.

Even if he talked shit, so what? Don't you talk shit too? If you are going to take things said by an individual, who doesn't even know your real name personally, and be offended by it then I'm sorry but you shouldn't be playing PC games. I know it is harsh but it is how the internet is.

Again, with all this said, we will never ban without enough evidence. We are well aware when things get heated it's easier to blame the other person. Whether it's a streamer or not, we take all reports seriously. If you get banned for any reason, that means we have more than enough evidence and it is beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty.

• Like 2

jurajemajl    87
20 minutes ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

This is where I'm going to correct your logic. Just because they are playing the game and streaming to however many people, does NOT give you the right to harass that person. Because at that point you are not just playing a game, you are going out of your way to get into the same game with that person game after game and go out of your way on an 8x8km map to find him and ONLY kill him.

I agree with banning harassing players, but this is thin ice you are walking on. Will you be banning streamers who verbally harass players, calling them noobs or belliteling their skill level?

If not, than people will conclude that streamers are special players that are worth more than regular players.

• Like 4

radjenovic    118
1 minute ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

Even if he talked shit, so what? Don't you talk shit too? If you are going to take things said by an individual, who doesn't even know your real name personally, and be offended by it then I'm sorry but you shouldn't be playing PC games. I know it is harsh but it is how the internet is.

Me personally, as i sad in my initial post it isn't something I would ever really do, I think that people streaming who get stream sniped shouldn't be complaining (unless as you said it is specific targeted harassment over a prolonged period) and if they don't like it then maybe they shouldn't be streaming, that's after all how the internet is. 

6 minutes ago, jurajemajl said:

I agree with banning harassing players, but this is thin ice you are walking on. Will you be banning streamers who verbally harass players, calling them noobs or belliteling their skill level?

It's not really a thin ice no. We do not tolerate any type of harassment. If you look at our rules of conduct and out partner requirements, we expect everyone to adhere to the same level of professionalism. We are talking about stream sniping here, not what people say in a heat of the moment. Of course, there are certain things that said will get you banned but again we need enough evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt to ban.

With that said, calling someone a noob is not really grounds for a ban, streamer or no streamer. If anyone's going to be offended because you or the streamer got called bad, then you might want to stick to single player games. Like I mentioned, this is the internet, s*** talking happen all the time and we are well aware of it.