Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AintrealTV

optics
Sights/Optic/reticule Improvements & Suggestions

30 posts in this topic

Couldn't find anything directly dedicated to this, so i'm just gonna throw it out there.

I like fighting in the hills, there's just one problem - Do you see it? B|

nice holosight.png

Yes I agree. Its hard to see red dot/holo's when looking up hill. Would love for them to be darker.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Subject_with_Gun said:

what is this brightness and graphic settings? I can barely see

Default Brightness (Got a BenQ XL2411Z Gaming Monitor) Which is pretty bright on its own, but its just how it has to be when playing first person shooters IMO. :P

Graphic Settings: EVERYTHING on VERY LOW and Screen scale set to 90 (If i lower this further i get quite a bit extra fps, but as you can see the game already looks like minecraft).

Didn't notice it myself yet. But from what I see it sucks ) Good call

1 person likes this

I have tried everything that i could think of. NOTHING changes the stupid red dot/holo sight's visibility. Tried changing Digital vibrance / brightness / gamma in the nvidia control panel, tried changing my monitors colors/brightness/gamma, tried all the different graphics settings in game. No luck. I don't want to use a third party program, just to have a crosshair on my screen man. -_-

This is quite an old thread, interested to see if this gets any attention from others with similar issue, now that a lot more people browse the forum.

On 13-3-2017 at 9:03 PM, AintrealTV said:

Couldn't find anything directly dedicated to this, so i'm just gonna throw it out there.

I like fighting in the hills, there's just one problem - Do you see it? B|

nice holosight.png

I mean, you still know what the center of your site is right?
I honestly don't see the issue. I also don't think you can always see as clear through holo sites in real life either.

3 hours ago, Gandaren said:

I mean, you still know what the center of your site is right?
I honestly don't see the issue. I also don't think you can always see as clear through holo sites in real life either.

When the sights are partially invisible, i have to focus WAAY too hard on where my crosshair is (red dot mainly). I'm wasting precious milliseconds when aiming, cause i can't see the dot properly. Ill add some screenshots of the red dot, where its even worse.

If you still don't see the issue, then i don't know what else to say. I am seriously struggling getting kills with these sights. It's to the point where i just leave the red dots and holos on the ground, they're useless to me. I'd rather play with the iron sights, even though most of those are horrible too - shoot once, and the gun's recoil blocks your vision and you loose track of your opponent immediately. -_-

red dot lol.png

6 hours ago, AintrealTV said:

If you still don't see the issue, then i don't know what else to say. I am seriously struggling getting kills with these sights. It's to the point where i just leave the red dots and holos on the ground, they're useless to me. I'd rather play with the iron sights, even though most of those are horrible too - shoot once, and the gun's recoil blocks your vision and you loose track of your opponent immediately. -_-

red dot lol.png

yeah, that is even worse than the first print screen, but idk. I don't have this, maybe it's the processing setting? 

8 hours ago, Gandaren said:

yeah, that is even worse than the first print screen, but idk. I don't have this, maybe it's the processing setting? 

I have tried all settings, spent literally hours upon hours trying to fix it. The only thing that helps a little bit, is the rain maps lol. It's so weird, im playing on a BenQ xl2411z monitor, which is a very popular gaming monitor known for it's brightness, which comes in handy in CSGO particularly. (Even when lowering brightness/gamma/vibrance to unplayable dark levels on the monitor AND in the Nvidia control panel, i still can't see the red dot). But seeing as im pretty much the only one with this issue, since i don't see any other threads or replies about this, im assuming this is only an issue for me. :/

I even tried different ICC profiles for my monitor, still nothing.

I watch streamers play the game all the time, and i can see that their red dot visibility is way better than mine. Funny thing about it though, is that the game "Rust" had the exact same problem with their holosight, where they discovered themselves that it was an issue and changed the color to a darker red and got rid of the transparency, problem gone. :D

I don't like to bother the moderators too much, but i like this game and if i am to keep playing it, this needs to be addressed. Maybe @Hawkinz could have a look at this latest image of what my red dot looks like on a bright background and forward it to the dev team, i really wanna know what they think about this. :ph34r:

At least @Interrogate agrees with me, hah. :)

56 minutes ago, Twirlywoos said:

Personally I don't see it as too much of an issue. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableTriangularLapwingMcaT

.icc profiles wont necessarily fix the problem as they are profiles for that person's particular panel unless you have a coloromiter and create a profile yourself. 

Agreed. 

Not to mention. When is your enemy going to be that bright? I can think of 10 other sights that will be useless when aiming at the sky. As soon as a dark figure is in front of the actual sights, you'll be able to see the reticle. Unless this isn't what you're asking and I'm just misinterpreting this whole thread. 

For as long as I have been alive, the classic chevron x4 reticle has been a mainstay in every modern FPS that I can think of and as long as I can remember, I have avoided using it. I very much dislike the chevron reticle. So, I would love to see some "reticle diversity" in the x4 optic category and have selected 4 contenders that I have found to be very usable in other games and in real life and that are, in my opinion, far superior to the chevron. I would like to see what everyone else's thoughts are on the matter. The order in which the images are populated correlate to the poll choices.

This post is pertaining to x4 optics, however, a 6x optic or even a 1-4x could make use of these reticles.

TMCQ.png

VMR-2.jpg

ELCAN.jpg

Burris MTAC.jpg

The aim dot should be always visible but the way the texture alpha blends makes it invisible when aimed to bright colors.

1 person likes this

never had an issue with this. Maybe don't aim at the sky? it contrasts with any terrain just fine that isnt the damn sky. You can still sense where the center is. I've shot through a holo sight irl and i feel like PUBG recreates it pretty well as is.

I do not know why my thread was merged. My post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. OP is obviously talking about an issue. Thank you moderators.

19 hours ago, Josey-Wan said:

I do not know why my thread was merged. My post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. OP is obviously talking about an issue. Thank you moderators.

The title of this thread is Sights/Optic/reticule Improvements & Suggestions.

Your post fits in this topic's category. 

5 minutes ago, Twirlywoos said:

The title of this thread is Sights/Optic/reticule Improvements & Suggestions.

Your post fits in this topic's category. 

I wanted a thread talking about the specifics of the x4 optics and reticle choice. I did not want my thread summed together into a broad discussion thread about optics. Also, by merging my post, my poll which I was interested in seeing the results of was deleted. Please 'unmerge' my thread.

7 minutes ago, Josey-Wan said:

I wanted a thread talking about the specifics of the x4 optics and reticle choice. I did not want my thread summed together into a broad discussion thread about optics. Also, by merging my post, my poll which I was interested in seeing the results of was deleted. Please 'unmerge' my thread.

Hey Josey, your thread was merged because it falls under the category of Optics. In this thread it will help to develop ideas and further discussion for refinement of your idea all the while contributing points and counterpoints to help others generate new ideas. If there were a plethora of various optic threads, most would be overlooked and it would prove to be counter productive and not well organized. Thank you for the feedback and suggestions you have provided already! I look forward to more ideas from you! :-) 

5 people like this

I think it would be interesting if you could get a holographic sight with an attached 2x/4x/8x magnifier that is able to be toggled on or off for close-range/long-range combat. I really don't like the 2x/4x acog scopes and I love the holo reticle. Perhaps you could try adding it to the air drop loot table. I just think it would be cool if I could have the range of a 4x scope but with the reticle of a holo sight.

1 minute ago, IWannaKMS said:

I think it would be interesting if you could get a holographic sight with an attached 2x/4x/8x magnifier that is able to be toggled on or off for close-range/long-range combat. I really don't like the 2x/4x acog scopes and I love the holo reticle. Perhaps you could try adding it to the air drop loot table. I just think it would be cool if I could have the range of a 4x scope but with the reticle of a holo sight.

Hello, KMS, Check out this Thread it seems very similar to what you are suggestion but with a red dot instead of a holosight :)

On 5/8/2017 at 6:58 PM, Twirlywoos said:

Personally I don't see it as too much of an issue. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableTriangularLapwingMcaT

.icc profiles wont necessarily fix the problem as they are profiles for that person's particular panel unless you have a coloromiter and create a profile yourself. 

If my red dot was just half as visible as this guy's, when pointing to the sky - i wouldn't have a problem either. O.o

On 5/8/2017 at 7:52 PM, Jbwrecked said:

Agreed. 

Not to mention. When is your enemy going to be that bright? I can think of 10 other sights that will be useless when aiming at the sky. As soon as a dark figure is in front of the actual sights, you'll be able to see the reticle. Unless this isn't what you're asking and I'm just misinterpreting this whole thread. 

Actually more often than not, especially in long range fights when someone is sky-lining on a hill 150meters out. Ill provide some more visual information about my issue.

Here's a clip from my stream showing a very common situation for me, where i struggle to place my red dot on an opponent, only this time i was lucky enough to finish him before he could escape: https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlySavoryPrariedogDoggo

In my post above, i talked about a similar issue in the game "Rust". Here is a picture from their own devblog, illustrating the sight before and after the changes. Picture has been zoomed in a bit hence why it appears slightly pixelated. As you can see, the difference is massive and i absolutely loved this change - its the exact same issue i have in PUBG, although i understand im one of very few. :(

beforeafter_holosight.jpg.4e117aa978ec788b671ea948f9b4f254.jpg

6 hours ago, AintrealTV said:

Actually more often than not, especially in long range fights when someone is sky-lining on a hill 150meters out. Ill provide some more visual information about my issue.

Here's a clip from my stream showing a very common situation for me, where i struggle to place my red dot on an opponent, only this time i was lucky enough to finish him before he could escape: https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlySavoryPrariedogDoggo

In my post above, i talked about a similar issue in the game "Rust". Here is a picture from their own devblog, illustrating the sight before and after the changes. Picture has been zoomed in a bit hence why it appears slightly pixelated. As you can see, the difference is massive and i absolutely loved this change - its the exact same issue i have in PUBG, although i understand im one of very few. :(

beforeafter_holosight.jpg.4e117aa978ec788b671ea948f9b4f254.jpg

Ah, that clip definitely helps. 

I guess whenever I shoot at someone's silhouette, I just make sure to have the dot on them knowing that if I see the dot, I know it's either the enemy, or the ground under them. But I do see what you're saying. I don't think it'd be a huge difference but it would definitely be more visually appealing to those using those sights. I'm trying to think how it would be in real life because it really just depends on how bright the horizon is. Until your eyes adjust, I don't think we'd be able to see that either for a few seconds.