Sign in to follow this  
AintrealTV

Sights/Optic/reticule Improvements & Suggestions

Doc_Ebs    14

If you look at a holographic sight they have several buttons. They are to increase and decrease brightness. In real life there is no perfect setting based on the ambient lighting. I think it adds realism.

Daz88    5
16 hours ago, Jbwrecked said:

Ah, that clip definitely helps. 

I guess whenever I shoot at someone's silhouette, I just make sure to have the dot on them knowing that if I see the dot, I know it's either the enemy, or the ground under them. But I do see what you're saying. I don't think it'd be a huge difference but it would definitely be more visually appealing to those using those sights. I'm trying to think how it would be in real life because it really just depends on how bright the horizon is. Until your eyes adjust, I don't think we'd be able to see that either for a few seconds. 

Those "aims" have a intensity regulator so the projection can be seen in diferent lights, at very bright places you still should be able to see it, unless you point it drectly to a source of light like the sun, a lamp or a flashlight.

I find the 2x scope and everything under it harder to aim with than just using the iron sights. The dots block my view and my shots don't hit where I'm aiming. The 4x scope is only good for it's magnification, but it's crosshair also blocks my view when aiming at further targets. The 8x has the best crosshair by far, I wish I could use it on the other copes.

TriangleMan    0
Posted (edited)

I feel like the iron sights need to be closer when aiming or have a higher contrast to the background. There have been several times when I've been aiming at a target near a building or in shadows and the iron sights are held so far away and are such a bland color that they blend with shadows and buildings, turning what's supposed to help you aim into a blurry mess. I'm not saying even the older guns need modern shiny plastic dots, but it would be nice to have maybe a little white on the iron sights to make them more distinct.

Edited by TriangleMan

Posted (edited)

On the sights topic...

Fix ACOG Zeroing plz.

The 100M mark is at the TOP of the Chevron. You can see the dev gun zeroed at 100M being at the 300M mark.

acog.gif

acog - wrong.PNG

Edited by EpsilonPrime
  • Like 1

Ganonflakes    0
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 2:00 PM, Josey-Wan said:

For as long as I have been alive, the classic chevron x4 reticle has been a mainstay in every modern FPS that I can think of and as long as I can remember, I have avoided using it. I very much dislike the chevron reticle. So, I would love to see some "reticle diversity" in the x4 optic category and have selected 4 contenders that I have found to be very usable in other games and in real life and that are, in my opinion, far superior to the chevron. I would like to see what everyone else's thoughts are on the matter. The order in which the images are populated correlate to the poll choices.

This post is pertaining to x4 optics, however, a 6x optic or even a 1-4x could make use of these reticles.

I agree completely with this. I almost find my self exclusively using 2x over 4x because I find the chevron sights just too hard to hit anything. Adding a choice of optics during character customization would improve the gameplay, in my opinion. 

Edited by Ganonflakes

miggi    0

I have noticed that the crosshair when in 1920x1080 is very visible and solid comparing it to a res like 1280x720, where the crosshair is almost invisible especially when you point near a light source. Unfortunately, I don't have the "good" pc to run it at 1080p atm. I have playable fps in 720p although the crosshair is what is killing me every game, since i can not aim at my enemies correctly. I hope you will give me feedback soon.

miggi    0
Posted (edited)

The only thing I see in my crosshair is the dot in the center when Im using Assault Rifles. Will devs actually ever answer any questions we have? I only get redirected but get no fix or workaround. It's called bug reporting but no one checks the reports.

Edited by miggi

cowie102    2

I believe it was Battlefield 4 that had this attachment. It had a red dot and a 4x as the same attachment that you could swap between the 2 on the fly. Generally if i find a 4x in game ill keep a red dot on me for close quarters but this attachment would fix this issue. Obviously make it fairly rare , maybe the same as an 8x. Thoughts?

Paragno    14
4 minutes ago, cowie102 said:

I believe it was Battlefield 4 that had this attachment. It had a red dot and a 4x as the same attachment that you could swap between the 2 on the fly. Generally if i find a 4x in game ill keep a red dot on me for close quarters but this attachment would fix this issue. Obviously make it fairly rare , maybe the same as an 8x. Thoughts?

I like it as it is. You make a choice of what kind of sight you want on your weapon. Should not be like BF in my opinion ;-)

Not a bad idea though! :-)

Jbwrecked    148

As convenient it would be, I think it'd be too convenient. I'd rather have the struggle of carrying them both and swapping them as I need. Maybe a hot key to swap between current scopes/sights in your inventory? But even then, I don't think it's necessary. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Could we have the bloom effect removed or reduced from the sights? I find it impossible to accurately aim at players further than 100M while using the red dot, holo, and 2x scope. The glow around the center dot blocks my view so I can't tell where I'm aiming on the player. I have used a few red dots irl, they do not have this awful glow around them, especially in the middle of the day when the environment is bright.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin

I find it near impossible to accurately hit people using the red dot sight on an assault rifle and SMG. The dot has too much glow around it and it's too big. The pistol's red dot has no glow and is very small, much easier to aim with. I would like assault rifle / SMG red dot to use the same size dot as the pistol.

20170702012522_1.jpg

20170702012528_1.jpg

rav-kz    8

Simply put, my proposal is that scopes could be adjusted all the way up to their maximum zoom. So for example an 8x could also be adjusted to have the magnification of a red dot. Of course you would still have the 8x covering more of your screen and restricting your view, but this would also mean you would not have to change scopes so often.

It's an idea, it has pros and cons, in my opinion there are more pros than cons but I do hope it will eventually be implemented.

Cromium    0
Posted (edited)

Plz add a reflection to (zoom)scopes when the sun is pointing directly at them, this creates an advantage/disadvantage for some people and makes the game far more stategic.

i mainly ask this becouse i feel the game is to rng with finding a long rifle + a zoom scope, yes you can still find people by listening to the gunshots, but strategecly this game would become way more interesting.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Cromium

tailesin    0

Though I initially thought it useless, the VSS is starting to grow on me. One issue I am having with it though is that it is sometimes difficult to see the targeting markings, causing me to not center my sights on my target and miss. The marking lines are very thin, and they are easy to lose track of if the terrain you are looking at has a lot of feature. It would be very helpful if the center-most delta marking was perhaps red, or at least thickened significantly. 

The markings are pretty legible if there is a solid background behind the target, but not much else.

hqdefault.jpg