Caesar of Roma

First Person Game Mode Feedback

Caesar of Roma    536

Hello Players,

We are seeking feedback on the first-person experience in PUBG.

If you have any experience with first-person only matches or the first-person view specifically, please provide feedback in a detailed response below.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

• Like 6

Rompertje    33
1 hour ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Hello Players,

If you have any experience with first-person only matches or the first-person view specifically, please provide feedback in a detailed response below.

CoR, these are only the custom servers you are talking about right?

If yes, could you maybe add 1/2 official regular servers first-person, per region. Very hard to get into the customs.

That way you could have more and divers intell.

• Like 3

Would love a slightly larger field of view for first person because right now it's like looking through a box, somewhat nauseating - if that's the correct word.

• Like 7

I'd also like to see a steadier camera (closer to Counter-Strike, less like Battlefield) implemented with, I guess, less unnecessary movements such as when you reload or when you're moving.

Never really understood why your view bobs up in down in video games when in real life reloading, walking or running doesn't really have an affect on the steadiness of your vision.

Not exactly a huge problem though.

• Like 3

phane    6
Posted (edited)
  • FOV - slider that allows people to adjust their first person FOV and doesn't affect how much zoom you get with different sights & scopes, doesn't mess with zeroing, etc.
  • Height - right now, for some reason, the characters are about 5 ft 3... It isn't really noticeable in third person, but in first, standing feels more like crouching, which feels very strange while moving around
  • Head-bob - even though it's not too bad, slider to adjust it according to your preference would be the best
  • Free look - ideally, you want to be able to see at least full 180°, it feels a bit too restrictive right now
Edited by phane
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ky-Zo    33
3 minutes ago, phane said:
  • FOV - slider that allows people to adjust their first person FOV and doesn't affect how much zoom you get with different sights & scopes, doesn't mess with zeroing, etc.
  • Height - right now, for some reason, the characters are about 5 ft 3... It isn't really noticeable in third person, but in first, standing feels more like crouching, which feels very strange while moving around
  • Head-bob - even though it's not too bad, slider to adjust it according to your preference would be the best
  • Free look - ideally, you want to be able to see at least full 180°, right now it's a bit too restrictive

I agree with the first 2 for sure. 3 i think should be locked/same for every player.

4. If it comes down to First Person/Hardcore a 180 is out of the question IMO, we're not owls, a 180 swivel would snap our necks. I think it's in a good place right now, you can see a decent amount over the shoulder but if someone is behind you, it should force you to turn around to keep an eye on their position. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NoonTimeDrunk said:

I like playing in FirstPersonPUBG

Anyone Looking to play First Person Servers Daily we have a really cool guy Robert the community manager for FirstPersonPUBG that serves up both EU and NA servers. All day we have people come in and play.
here is the Discord Link where you can get involved with when games are going live, events happening around the community and so on.

Its the closest thing we have to dedication to First Person Gaming in PUBG.

Thanks

-Noon

• Like 2

asthasr    3

FOV and head bob need to be configurable because a lot of people get motion sick. Height needs to be consistent between player models... meaning male and female models need to be equal. Or perhaps M->F needs to be free, so that people can try both for themselves.

• Like 2

phane    6
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Ky-Zo said:

4. If it comes down to First Person/Hardcore a 180 is out of the question IMO, we're not owls, a 180 swivel would snap our necks. I think it's in a good place right now, you can see a decent amount over the shoulder but if someone is behind you, it should force you to turn around to keep an eye on their position. 

Are you trying to tell me you can't see directly behind you (180°) when you turn your head as much as you can? Sure, you're not turning your head half a circle, but that isn't what I said in the first place. 

Edited by phane

p1nguin    3

I'd love to play FirstPerson Only in an Official Server. Getting tired of people abusing Thirdperson while behind cover.

A few things need to be adjusted IMO:

Head-bob: There should be an option to remove it, really unecessary feature, tires my eyes everytime.
Cluncky Movement: There is a cluncky motion when going changing directions, like when you press D and then A (strafing). Should be more smooth.

• Like 2

t3Xx    1
1 hour ago, Ky-Zo said:

I agree with the first 2 for sure. 3 i think should be locked/same for every player.

Im liking fp way more than tp and aggree with this guy totally and in my opinion PUBG would be alot better if third person never was implemented at all and these things were fixed of course.  Reason being is that this game aims to be a realistic tactical shooter right? Well third person's realistic right? WTF! NO! anyhow the rest of the game is AWESOME SAUCE and i love it. That being said if there was a decent competitor to this game that was natively First Person I would probably play that instead, no offence intended just my opinion.  Also if PUBG doesnt bring fp to the public lobbies or does a halfassed excuse of an emplementation im going to feel very disappointed, let down and slightly ripped off just saying.

• Like 1

asthasr    3

Also, yes, a forced first person queue is a necessity if 1pp is going to be a success, because you can't mix it up. Playing 1pp in a game with people using 3pp is just a self-handicap, not a viable option.

• Like 1

Jiffy    4
20 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Hello Players,

Please, first person is so much fun there's even a community going, the whole reason i got to this post was because of the leader of this community on discord getting people to say yes to this "[NA] Robert-Today at 4:54 PM @everyone Before the next game please if you can take some time to leave PUBG some feedback about your first person experience. This will help give them information that will get first person developed quicker. Thank for your time and feedback." and then the link this is a great community with over 1000 members just waiting for games hosted by 1 guy please make this a thing. https://discord.gg/yNJJjE7

• Like 4

Frag    1

I agree with pretty much all that has been said so far so I will try to add what I think people are forgetting about.  1p allows you to be much more aggressive than third person which really matches my playstyle.  I also love the fact that is someone can see you can see them as well making gameplay and gunfights that much more intense.

• Like 1

Tsundancer    0

Tweaking the animations a bit so your view doesn't clip through the stock of an especially large gun on your side would be nice, I like the fact that your vision can actually be blocked by the butt of your rifle, but when looking over your shoulder while running it clips through your vision, and while I've never tested it personally, making the level 3 helmet actually obscure your field of view would be nice, it would create a tradeoff on if its actually worth using or not.

There should also be an FOV slider so that people can adjust it to their whim, but it should definitely be capped so it can't be abused. Regarding the range of motion on free look though, I think it's actually a little too generous at the moment, I think it should either be reduced a bit, or alternatively as you approach the limits of your rotation your vision should get progressively blurrier, or the depth of field reduced dramatically, to signify that you're looking out of the very corner of your eyes.

Canitnerd    3

I've played a couple dozen first person only games with FirstPersonPUBG and it has ruined normal matchmaking queues for me, this game is 100x better when locked to FP even with the current buggy system. Please get a first person matchmaking queue into the game ASAP, god knows the population is there to support splitting the playerbase. That said, biggest issues: 

1. Camera feels like it is situated in the middle of the player's chest. Standing next to someone, my eye level is WAY below where their eyes are.

2. FoV slider please.

3. Weird bug where when you are looting stuff you briefly see your character's mask and eyeballs infront  of your camera.

• Like 3

Jaska    1

Terrible FOV and it feels like you're midget whenever in 1st person view in the world of PUBG. Not to mention various smaller bugs such as your head going through scope.

• Like 1

Wood-e    2

3rd Person makes most of the RNG factors of this game nearly impossible to overcome in many situations (assuming your opponents are even minimally capable players). It destroys rich gunfights by making pushing near suicidal, and it does not reward superior aim/ reaction time because someone in third person pre-firing behind cover takes little to no risk (especially considering their position is often undetected because the do not have to show themselves until you are vulnerable). This in turn encourages a pathetic yet rewarding style of campy play where first person would require the would be camper to show themselves and 'peek' at varying intervals in order to secure their position.

This allows a healthy risk vs reward relationship to form in the gameplay the same way it might with an AWPer in CSGO. It's not even debatable.Ask any high level competitive shooter player (be it CSGO, Rainbow 6 Siege, etc.) what they think of a third person camera view and they will tell you that it does not promote skilled game play. It is a crutch that takes away relying more on sound and other queues as well as prioritizing where you are looking.

In regards to the current First Person situation (in Custom games for example), there needs to be:

1) An FOV slider (although 60 FOV is superior considering the size of your target at range),

2) Player camera needs to be raised to eye level (depending on where the bullets 'come from' like from player eye level or gun barrel (which I think is how this game works)).

3) Head bob is too much.

Implementing a First Person mode will bring in a TON of new revenue to the game as I know lots of FPS players who refuse to buy it until it has a supported 1P mode. There are also many who have stopped playing the game as the gameplay has devolved in 3rdPerson to become stale and campy. Focusing a lot more on the First Person aspect would bring in a massive portion of the FPS community and keep the PUBG community more alive as better players would likely migrate to the First person mode.

• Like 2

antikhaos    3

1) Increased/adjustable FOV
2) Increase camera Height
3) Slight increase to alt turn radius
3a) Collar on camo coat obscures view behind (This was a problem on older versions where there was unlimited FP alt radius)
4) Head bob slider
5) Reduce camera movement on item pickup 
6) Allow lean on motorcycle seat 2 to see around driver. (Camera height may fix this)
7) Increase lean distance, seems to be too little to peak around many corners. (Camera height may fix this or make it worse with difference between bore level)

• Like 3

Wood-e    2
Just now, antikhaos said:

1) Increased/adjustable FOV
2) Increase camera Height
3) Slight increase to alt turn radius
3a) Collar on camo coat obscures view behind (This was a problem on older versions where there was unlimited FP alt radius)
4) Head bob slider
5) Reduce camera movement on item pickup 
6) Allow lean on motorcycle seat 2 to see around driver. (Camera height may fix this)
7) Increase lean distance, seems to be too little to peak around many corners. (Camera height may fix this or make it worse with difference between bore level)

Great points about the specifics of the camera height as holstered guns and clothing can really get in the way of your view. The camera position seems to be something that would fix a lot of the 1P issues. 

I forgot to mention how grass affects you view when laying prone. Perhaps grass directly in your view when prone should be 'flattened'? Otherwise it is impossible to see/shoot back. Perhaps that is just a natural balance in the game as you are in soft cover when you lay prone in grass.

Optional    60

The first person mode makes me a little sick. It seems odd.. somehow.. Like the camera is attached to the gun or something.

-Raise the camera. I'm not a dwarf.

-More FOV.

• Like 1

t3Xx    1

one more point to be made is that PLAYERUNKNOWN stated multiple times that there would be a fp only mode implemented natively so plzz give us fp only matchmaking plzz

ZeroDayTV    1

Here's my $0.02:

• Ghillie suit bug: already posted about it but every time you return to FP view from ADS, you see the forehead region of the ghillie for a half-second, which is really distracting: 
  • As others have mentioned, the height of the "eyes" camera is too low on the character model in first person. Standing at doorways feels odd.
  • There needs to be some sort of stance indicator. It's hard to tell right now if you're crouched or standing up, especially with the height of the camera mentioned in the above point. 
  • Driving cars in first-person is really tough. Maybe a different default FOV for driving or something could help. (I'm not saying it's gamebreaking, and I enjoy difficult things, but maybe it's more disorienting than it needs to be).
  • Some guns interfere with the camera when in first person. For instance, your second primary, while it's on your back, can often end up blocking a significant portion of your screen while you run. Also, the gun in your hand also does this at times (i.e.: a UMP). Maybe some of this will stay, but I think this could be changed to be less annoying.
  • Something feels odd about the location of the barrel/sights on the gun when not ADSing. Maybe i'm just used to the angle/position of the camera with respect to the gun in other games like Battlefield and COD, but it just feels...different. Too low, maybe. I don't know.

All this said, I love first person mode, and can't wait to be able to play it more regularly on official servers. Obviously, separate stats/leaderboards for the mode would be good too at that point.

• Like 1